The Sammie Effect Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sammie always loved the 'tree' names on Willow's side of the family and went with something similar...birds. First was a little girl, Wren. Red hair and green eyes! Then the first boy, who came out with dark eyes and a head of black hair! He got the name Bran, which means Raven, so they tell me. Then came little Dove, who looks like she'll be the spitting image of her mother. They've decided the bun still in the oven will be Jay.

She's been down to part time on the counseling, wanting as much time as possible to be a mother. I think after Jay is born, she's going to put that on hold and be a dedicated stay-at-home mom. The career will still be there when she's ready to go back to it.

The girl is a natural mom. And she's doing everything in her power to make those kids know they're loved. The whole family is. And to see her giant of a husband holding them is touching. Willow and I were in the hospital room when he held Wren the first time. She was so tiny against his massive frame. To see the tears running down his face was another one of those special memories that I'll have forever.

It is amusing to me to see them ride together. That's right, we still ride. I bought us new bikes once we moved down, and we still have them. Both of them are Indians. I got a Chief Bobber Dark Horse. It's got the rear seat, and Willow likes to ride, but prefers to stay local. Sammie got the Scout Rogue. It looks huge under her, but she handles it well.

The amusing part is Fergus wanted to learn. She handled teaching him...just like I taught her. She gave him her old Honda Rebel 500 and he looked ridiculous on it. I honestly didn't know how the suspension supported him. We eventually found him a Harley-Davidson Night Rod Special.

Sammie and I still go on rides together. Just the two of us. I really relish that time with her. It's something I can take pride in knowing I taught her and something we'll always share. She's my daughter. I just love saying that.

On a sad note, we lost Willow's mom to cancer four years ago. We've checked and been assured Willow has nothing to worry about. But she was devastated. Hell, we all were. Her mother's free spirit lit up any room she was in.

Before she died, she expressed she'd lived long enough to see her daughter happy and her family complete...the way it was supposed to be. We moved her dad, Heath, down and he's living in the other house and doing well so far. It's good for him to be around us all.

I remember six years ago when we got the good news that my brother was taking a transfer to Atlanta! He and Lisa are as excited as we are to be closer. Their oldest, Maggie, went to college in Florida, close to my parents, who are still going strong. She's living in Nashville now and engaged to a nice guy. JJ wasn't as happy about the move at first. He'd just graduated and ended up staying in California for college. He's at his parents' now, and ready to start his new career, planning to settle in the Southeast.

My parents, James and Helen, are slowing down, but still living independently. They are eighty and seventy-eight now, respectively. Maggie went to school near them, and they enjoyed her frequent visits. Since she graduated, they've been coming up more often. For this event, we put them in the house next door with Heath and all their great-grandchildren. My mom summed it up when she said, 'Their energy makes me feel like I'm twenty...in the morning. By bedtime I feel one-hundred and twenty!'.

Aspen and her husband, Josh, had another baby, a little girl, Rey. That brings their total to three. The twins just became teenagers and as you might expect, look out for each other as well as their now eight-year-old sister. They still live in Maine but seem to be more open to looking for work down this way as time goes on.

Ranger stayed near Boston for a while, but not because he wanted to. He lingered for love. He married her, a fierce young woman, who suits him. Her name is Sylvia, but she goes by Sylvie. I guess it was inevitable he'd find a girl with a tree name! They both found work in Jacksonville, Florida and we see them often. They haven't given us any grandchildren yet, but Willow says Sylvie's asking a lot of questions of the moms. Soon.

This clan of ours kinda grows on you. Ranger had his last name legally changed to Cambell. He wanted to be seen as part of the clan. He calls me Dad now, but when I got emotional about it, he threatened to stop. Then he hugged me. I pretended to not notice his tears. I get it. He's the protector. He has to be tough.

Rowan and Tommy have actually moved to South Carolina. He finished his degree and got an offer to work for a company in Charleston, so they're a lot closer than they used to be. They have a three-year-old son, Troy, and she's pregnant, and due around the same time as Sammie. We don't know if it will be a girl or a boy, they want to be surprised.

Willow and I were accepted into the local community and have a nice group of casual friends. There's not a weekend that goes by without someone hosting a cook-out or arranging an activity. The women like to go into Savannah for lunch and shopping, and sometimes Atlanta.

Willow's practice does well, although she's limited her patient list. It amounts to about half-time work. I get the occasional call from my old employer, but it's usually Willem with some rare problem he needs advice on. I'm happy to help if I can and don't even charge them. I'm happy to say they don't take advantage of me.

One thing we are dedicated to is travel. We have a few rules. We alternate destinations between ones I've been to before, that Willow and Sammie want to see, and places none of us have ever been. Every third trip we offer to let others go with us, on our dime. The only exception to the rule is Sammie. She's always welcome, and by default, so are Fergus and their kids now.

Shortly after Sammie and Fergus were married, the four of us decided on a trip to Edinburgh. Sammie immediately declared we had to take the rest of the Campbells. So, Willow, Sammie, my parents, John, Lisa, Maggie, and JJ made the trip. Ranger was touched to be invited but couldn't get away. None of us will ever forget it. I still can't say I'm into the whole heritage thing. I like to focus on my own little clan. But Sammie loves it.

Believe it or not, we went to that same little pub and one of the women from years back, Emily, was there and remembered us. Sammie mentioned her research showed we were from this branch of the Clan. Emily said she'd get some of the gang and meet us the next night.

It was memorable. Fergus received his usual allotment of stares. He's used to it, and they adopted him too. My dad was stunned when he was introduced to an actual cousin. I'm sure it was a few times removed, but it didn't matter. We got loud and we got drunk. Two days later a few of them joined us as we toured an old ancestral castle.

Three years ago, Sammie told me she'd heard from her mother, Jill. She'd messaged her on social media, and they had a short chat. She apologized for things but didn't try to explain or justify it. She's still In New England and living with some guy. She follows Sammie on Facebook now, but never comments on any of the posts. I sometimes wonder if she regrets things. Sammie said she didn't ask her any questions and is still glad things happened the way they did. She's happy now. Hell, we all are.

I can't tell you how happy I am with the relationship Sammie and Willow have. Sammie started calling her Mom the minute we announced our engagement. It's proof that genetics aren't necessary for that kind of love. I was a bit jealous when I noticed Sammie going to Willow for advice and opinions. Then I realized they were things she needed a woman, and more importantly, a mom, to guide her in.

Another glance over my shoulder shows the other breast is in view! My guess is she's awake and trying to entice me back into bed. Here I go!

Yes, it's a good life!