All Comments on 'The Sands of Time'

by pietro108

Sort by:
  • 80 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well written, but pseudo-psych babble.

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 3 years ago

Just like every other story where a woman feels entitled to do something "just for her", her spouse's contributions are completely ignored. She feels like she's "earned" a little fling because she's done her time and given her best years to her family, totally disregarding the fact that she didn't do it alone. I'll never understand why so many stories of this type gloss over that little factoid and don't even have the husband call out the absolute selfishness of such an excuse.

Hell, nevermind the cheating; I'd be more inclined to leave her for thinking that way in the first place. It shows that she doesn't respect or value her spouse, and feels like her contributions to the relationship are somehow more important than his. People who think like that are almost always bad news and can't be trusted. Now maybe she deserves the benefit of the doubt. Women have midlife crises too, and that'll make anyone do some weird shit for reasons that don't make sense to anyone but them or someone who's already been where they are. But I still stay it's indicative of a deeper problem, so good call on the counseling at the end. Far too many stories like this end with the couple just going along as they were, never addressing the real issues and leaving the door open for them to re-emerge.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 3 years ago

Not a bad story, But failed in two points: 1 - Consequences! He made the decision to interrupt violently lover boy and was paying for it in the justice: his consequences! She decided to cheat consciously, not the result of alcohol or drugs and the consequences were none! 2 - The complete bullshit the wife's friend sold him when she freed him from jail...And he eat all that bait and hook...She just didn't want that what happened got to her husband knowledge...so just 3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Michelle encouraged Elaine to do the wrong thing, Jim fixed that. Jim then had to go to jail for fixing that, but Michelle bailed him out. So how does that make Michelle the person he turn to for a "good counsellor". Is that a dig on her infidelity, that Michelle's husband went through counselling to accept her cheating ass. That only prove that those shitheads were right.

---

For an author who wrote "her quiet 'sorry' was not just a word", you spend more words defending your husband character from the red-necks than proving your wife character as being truly sorry to the same red-necks.

The first action that Elaine should take for them to reconcile is to stop any contact with Michelle. Only after their counselling is done or successful can she attempt to reconcile with Michelle.

---

~"Is a 'real' man someone who is authoritative towards his wife, demanding respect, like he was some sort of god?"

You don't have to go that high for comparison, compare him to other member of her family, like her father or mother. He is her husband after all. In marriage, respect is essential for both spouse. And cheating is the opposite of respect.

"Is this woman someone who is so authoritative towards her husband, she can outright disrespect him, like she was some sort of god?"

If a spouse can't respect the other spouse, why bother stay married.

-JuanC.

grogers7grogers7almost 3 years ago

Michelle says, "Her whole life was about them, you, never just about her."

That is the Covenant t of Marriage. Both agree that from that moment forward their lives will always be about them together. Children are the physical expression of this bond because both parents are physically and inextricably within them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Story was going well then the author did a 180 and made the MC a wimp. Horrible ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bebop3 succinctly summed it up.

Decent writing ability. Stupid plot.

3***

bioman57bioman57almost 3 years ago

I am sorry, once she crossed over it is over. I would leave her and I would not have gone after the asshole. But Elaine and Michelle I would have done everything to destroy them. She wanted to play, let her.. She is damged goods, as soon as she made the decission to play with the asshole..

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

Read with interest what amounts to a “morality play” piece; well written and thought provoking. Agree with you about good people making bad decisions; worth exploring. Aside: just as you essentially predicted, many of the comments said more about the commentator than your storyline and characters. And given that you expected many of the responses, trust that you will continue to share your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

First off, Michelle should definitely NOT be in their lives, at least for a while. She encouraged her friend to BETRAY and disrespect her husband! You can dress it up any way you want. Make whatever excuses. At the end of the day, that's what happened!

Just because she sold her car to get him out of a jail he likely wouldn't have been in, if not for HER, should not mean they're okay now. And then her lame excuses of why she was also cheating! Come on! And he wants her advice for counselors?! It just doesn't make sense!!

I don't have a problem with the reconciliation because Elaine did seem genuinely sorry, she recognized the selfishness of her actions, and she didn't sleep with the guy. But I do think she was forgiven rather quickly.

With Jim, I get that he didn't want to control her and forbid her from behaving this way. But why didn't he ever just say, "You're an adult. You should make your own decisions. But if you cheat on me, we're done." Why didn't he just say that? That's not controlling her. That's telling her what the outcome would be. That's letting her know how serious the consequences would be.

I also thought (as even he acknowledged) that it was so STUPID of him to let them go to that party alone. He knew how Michelle was and what Giorgio's intentions were!

Overall, I'm glad they are staying together, but think that besides Giorgio, the culprits got off too lightly.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

Hey Michelle the price for trying to destroy someone's marriage just happens to be $10K. Funny that. Jim can just keep the bail money when they return it. Forget about counselling, he will be doing time for GBH. Just because he bailed out doesn't mean that's the end of it. He will need that money to pay the lawyer and the civil suit the scumbag will bring against him. It will cost him much more than $10K. Michelle can go to hell. Even if he cares about Elaine, he should divorce her so the Maltese Chicken can't take all of the family fortune in court.

KalimaxosKalimaxosalmost 3 years ago
Almost right

An interesting concept, until the long apology and wife remorse. People who chose to cheat, rarely show remorse or admit they were wrong. Even if everything goes to shit. Him coming out of jail and finding out she hooked up with the Med dude would have been more realistic. Considering most divorces these days are filed by women in their 50s and early 60s it would have been more accurate.

Oh well. Nice read either way.

TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

So when he goes to prison for the assault what will she do?

I don't mind reconciliation stories where the spouse made a big mistake and genuinely did everything she could to win back Trust but this just didn't fit the bill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The opposite of an overwrought BTB is not a shameless graceless cuck RAAC. I wish the writers on literotica understood that. The wife hurts the man in the most selfish manner that's possible and still the author makes the MC say: "Commitment isn't worth a damn. It is just another idea which reinforces one person's control over someone else." Really if you hate commitments so much then why bother to make them in the first place? So that the wife would break them and the author would get to expound on his cuck philosophy? I wonder whether the wife would have been so forgiving and malleable to the possibility of reconstruction if the husband had cheated on her. And the writer lost me when the husband took advice from his wife's friend who helped her cheat on her husband. I don't know why you abhor the idea of self-respect in a man like pestilence. 1 star.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

I do not hate women either but I'm not going to let my supposedly faith wife humiliate and shit on me using some bullshit "I'm getting old" story. You told a good story but it's nothing but a RAAC. Jim rolled over way too quickly after listening to Michelle's bullshit. Speaking of Michelle her ass would have quickly found out she was never to talk to me again. She egged the whole situation on and enabled the wife.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Let's get to the important part - 5* I sometimes almost laugh at the trolls that get completely sucked into an authors universe, have the character turn them inside out, screaming at the story, then blast the author because he/she did it to them so well. I openly admit you drew me in and I was screaming in my mind to Jim, don't let her go to that party, leave the beached get out of that entire situation. That said, you told us upfront you wanted this story to be about how "real" people would handle it. On that part, you get a 10 out of 10. As someone married for 30+ years, there's a lot to consider in the scenario you drew us into. I can only put myself in Jim's shoes (and I'm not a wimp at any level) and conclude I would have reacted similarly. (Only difference is my wife would have already known there is a part of me that is best not ever unleashed.) I wouldn't mind seeing a part 2 to see where they end up. I agree with one commenter that I wouldn't have asked Michelle for counselor advice, nor would her remorse be payment enough for betrayal of her friends marriage. Would love to see Jim burn her on her marriage (story implies she's married but not other information was given). Most importantly, you've done a great job of reinforcing that if a spouse in a loving marriage goes down this path, there is only one result and it is NEVER good. Rant over...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

elaine selfishness and mental problems can't compare too jim childhood foolishness.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 3 years ago

Well written but a load of horse feathers. You don’t have to be controlling to point out to someone they have gone off the rails. The author has been brainwashed with psycho babble no way to recover from this. Maybe they stay together but what they had is dead. It was dead on the bench with the ice cream.

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 3 years ago

It was either Elaine or Michelle that directed the police to where to find Jim because no one else even knew them or where he might be. Too bad Michelle had to sell her car for the bail, so now this BBQ cost her big bucks as well as a friend in Elaine. If Jim is a real loving husband he is going to put Elaine through a lot of shit for what she did and not a simple forgiveness. Elaine should have to pay for Jim's attorney from the portion she puts into the family's expenses. Now Elaine is going to be more careful and be a real slut and cheat behind Jims back because she feels she needs some strange cock to feel like a real woman. ONE*

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 3 years ago

That was a good one.

Bravo peitro108.

So far I like your work read three of your stories.

I think though the husband shoukd have told Michelle to stay out of their lives. I mean what was she doing with a man and a woman if she had her slutiness out 'of her system' when she got married?

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 3 years ago
Total Cop-Out story!

The real skill in storytelling is to tell the story.....the whole story! This attempt had all of the groundwork laid but the story FAILED AT THE LAST HURDLE. The reason it stops in the middlr is due to the author arriving at the end of his/her wtiting skill it's like DaVinci forgot to put eyes into the Mona Lisa's head having no ending is a basic error, an amateur"s display of an absemce of imagination and life experiemce i gave it 2stars but a complete story on this basis could easily be s Masteriece. Every man reading this would have an opinion onhow it should end but it's Ypur story and yourjob to finish it. Thank You fot the effort as far as you took it... it dezerves an ending.2**

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Do you call a sexual predator from Malta a Malteaser (a Honeycombed chocolate sweet in the UK).

NKenNKenalmost 3 years ago

Loved the start and story building.....

started losing it as our hero suddenly finds his hidden Rambo skills on a deserved recipient of pain, the missing/ vanished skills to talk to his other half bluntly & honestly and probably more surprising mediatory skills & knowledge of the snake who resides in their garden of Eden!

Hopefully you'll write a great part 2 and satisfy the "redknecks" and the RAAC crowds ;)

Can't wait to see which target audience you can upset next as I have to say that I'm one of the readers who are guilty of enjoying the comments as much as the story in some cases/

bribenkbribenkalmost 3 years ago

interesting start but much left unfinished. I think Jim should plead self defense and temporary insanity.

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 3 years ago
I liked the story

Again, no story in Literotica can satisfy everybody, so try to ignore the negative comments As per the story, Elaine was by intend clearly unfaithful, and Jim gave her the option to choose, and she chose to be unfaithful. Later, Jim went all macho to show Giorgio you do not get sexually involved with married women unless you're willing to deal with the husband later. So, the story is a cheating story. The end was left sort of open, although reconciliation is strongly suggested.

The character least believable in the story, is Michelle, She's a narcissistic woman, who instigated her friend to go, explore, and cheat, when she needed a word of caution. She showed by her own actions, she is promiscuous and fidelity is unimportant to her, and was willing with her advice to place Jim's and Elaine's marriage in danger and distress. Then, she went all generous and repentant trying to save the same marriage, she helped endangering.

Sorry, I just don't buy her actions or remorse. They are incompatible with her personality. it's like Lucifer concerned about the soul of a Christian to ensure she goes to heaven. Yeah, right! .

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 3 years ago

So The friend got the wife laid while he was in jail where he wouldn't know about . Then they bail him out with friends car money ( so he won't tell her husband about her cheating and both whores think up this bullshit story about her not cheating and seen the error of her ways. BULLSHIT !

nestorb30nestorb30almost 3 years ago

I kinda get the story. The wife was going through a midlife crisis of identity. It doesn't really excuse her actions but it helps understand

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Nice attempt, decently written but literally no spouse, man or woman, would that quickly move to counseling or forgiveness. Perhaps over some time but if he was THAT hurt THAT badly he couldnt just jump right to the end you wrote.

Like I said nice try, but in the end it fell rather flat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this story because it made me think.

I've long felt that there is a difficult problem, that might not be capable of resolution, where a spouse wants to step outside the marriage and experience the lust of another. If both spouses do not accept the opening up of the marriage, how can they prevent the other from stepping out without controlling them. That even goes so far as to prevent the one spouse from saying what the consequences would be since to do so, potentially, 'controls' the other. I'm not sure that can ever be resolved satisfactorily.

I like that this story addressed my conundrum. Would I have gone to the party? I'm not sure the marriage was still there. As @Drtywrdsmith said "Maybe they stay together but what they had is dead. It was dead on the bench with the ice-cream."

Evah-Rheddy

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

The author did a great job in describing the feelings ans emotions that a woman goes through as she passes a certain point in her life. I too have experienced these thoughts on occasion; most women will. The difference was that I didn't act on them for many reasons, some of those were brought up here. And I definitely did not seek the counsel of my girlfriends. Elaine went to Michelle only to get affirmation on something that she already wanted, and Michelle encouraged it. Men and women differ here. Where a man seeking the same from his male buddy, would most likely get a response similar to, "You are a fool" or "Don't do it asshole", however a woman's girlfriend, in my experiences, would support her friend's desires and encourage it. Why? Because many of us (thankfully not me) are jealous and insecure and we don't like it when someone has it perfect, whether it is her job, her children, or especially her marriage. Michelle is the snake in this story and reinforces my belief that all men should be wary of their wives female confidants.

Nevertheless, Elaine's betrayal was nothing short of premeditated cruelty, and as a reader, it broke my heart. I wish it wouldn't have ended as it did and Southdown's comments below were excellent. I just don't know how Jim can ever get over something like that I just don't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Decent story that failed to reach a believable ending. Elaine wanted to feel wanted but didn't bother to look at the man she married. As far as Michelle's future Jim should let her husband know how much she was enjoying the party where a long time friend beat the crap out of the host. She sold her car to post bail but should have been there when he needed someone to dissuade his wife from tossing away her marriage. What Jim and Elaine once had is gone never to be recovered.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well written, but just wrong. He told her not to do it. If he hadn't shown up, she would have done it. End of respect, end of marriage.

Still cheating if you tell your spouse first. Kind of dumb to think otherwise. Only 2*s.

IndyOnIndyOnalmost 3 years ago

Where is FTDS...Finish The Damn Story....when you need him? I have read all of your stories and you are a pretty good writer except for your trouble finishing....most of your stories make a left turn at the end or just kind of fizzle out....this one made a full stop at the light and the car just died! Leaving it up to another writer to take over and finish is just a cop out.....You can do better than this so just finish the story weather we like it or not it's your story to end. *2*

A part two could improve this to a *5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good start to the story and congratulations on tackling an issue that I suspect is much commoner in its various forms than many would think. I do agree that Elaine failed on the ice cream bench. What husband could trust her fully after that?

As a reader impressed with the efforts of pietro108 so far, I was left flinching once he started the fist thumping rants and philosophising. Better to let the characters convey your message

Despite that, a good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Michelle the wise sage? WTH?! She had her wild time before she met her man. Yet, that did not stop her from jumping into the beds of strangers even after giving her marriage vows. Where is the wisdom in behaving like a slut?

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

3 as there was some problems with the story. The constant harping on "red-necks" got tiresome very fast. Assuming the term doesn't have different connotations in other countries guys treating their girls like chattel isn't something unique to rednecks nor even really a notable trait for them. Jim was a bit weak at first and while yes doesn't control his wife doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to ask if not demand she not go out with sleazeball, marriage is a partnership and the partners have a right to some measure of control over their partner, she'd have every right to tell him no if he wanted to go spend time with Michelle. Its not slavery or being too controlling to expect your partner in a marriage to commit to being faithful.

And Michelle, what a piece of work, goes from slut to wise sage almost overnight. The fact she lost her car and was atleast somewhat remorseful doesn't excuse her behavior.

The wife is somewhat interesting. Atleast she had the respect to say she was thinking about cheating, didn't seem to want to do it if not for "wise" Michelle pressuring her, and seemed to regret her actions. She messed up bad but not so bad as to not be room to forgive her eventually.

Not a bad story but with some pretty bad problems weighing it down.

DDAY55DDAY55almost 3 years ago

I liked this story. Why did it get such a low score? This story is better than 99% of the drivel on this site. At first I thought Jim was going to let Gigolo fuck her then end the marriage. I'm glad he didn't but I guess now he is looking at jail time.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think it's rated so low because the RAAC was done in about 2-3 paragraphs.

The writing level was good, but that kind of behavior isn't "done and gone" with a "I'm sooo sorry, I kicked him too, so you know I'm super sowwy ...".

The ending feels rushed and unfinished compared to the rest of the story.

I guess a couple of hundred words of healing process and it might be rated higher

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

update to comment

I think it's rated so low because the RAAC was done in about 2-3 paragraphs.

The writing level was good, but that kind of behavior isn't "done and gone" with a "I'm sooo sorry, I kicked him too, so you know I'm super sowwy ...".

The ending feels rushed and unfinished compared to the rest of the story

BTW using a sleasy cheating cunt of an whorewive to mediate... not a really good idea...

pietro108pietro108almost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for all the comments everyone. And I do mean everyone! In all of my stories, I have invited comments, not to see how I rate in stars, but how to improve my writing. I really appreciate those constructive criticisms and have actually collated them so that I have some homework to do!

I have started deleting the commenters who infest their comments with vitriol. As I have also previously stated, the tone of their comments says more about them as readers (people?) than anything else. Maybe they have arrived from a neanderthal universe where everything is black and white and communication is in the form of grunts and moans, a place where there is an inability to see the colour of another author's world.

Oh well, now I have had my rant.

cheers again for the constructive comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sorry, the problem with Jim is that he is somewhat spineless. Sure you can make fun of red necks but at least most of those guys have a good set of balls. How could Jim ever trust Elaine again. This was not a happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He would take a bullet for his wife and family but she wouldn't. He should find someone who would. They are out there. It's not to late. This so called anti-red neck thought he loser nation

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I truky enjoyed the story and your writing. but you need to finish it.

looking4itlooking4italmost 3 years ago

I guess I don’t understand the difference between not saying no ahead of time and going over to beat the guy’s ass to, hopefully, preemptively stop the action. The latter doesn’t seem to be any less caveman or “redneck”. He gave permission no matter what he says (you wrote). “Do whatever you want!” is both decidedly passive aggressive and passive permissive. I do not like Michelle’s argument only because it makes more sense than I want it too. Interesting story but you lost one point when you promised it wasn’t finished. Just a pet peeve of mine about lit short stories.

fritz51fritz51almost 3 years ago

Well written & well told. But, the aftermath is this: she gets to walk away, be forgiven, and suffer no damage as a result of her selfishness... he may forgive her, but the memory of her wanting to fuck the sleezeball and would have, had he not intervened, will haunt him forever.

His reality is facing potential incarceration, which, if locked up for a couple of years, destroying his life, would have him reflecting daily on how that came to be.

Question- will she remain faithful to him during his incarceration? Question 2- After a couple of years of being locked up because of her, upon release will he even care?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh what a lovely thoughtful, forgiving modern man Jim is, not like one of those horrible controlling rough rednecks. Oh yeah he's prime fodder to be ass fucked in the divorce, that is inevitably coming next. She clearly has lost respect for him, he's on borrowed time, just too stupid to see it.

kdad9010kdad9010almost 3 years ago

Loved it. One of the more realistic views of really being in love with someone and being strong at heart (not even counting the fight).

And really well written too.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good real feel. There is alway the still or former whore friends that push with stories and peer pressure, there is always an endless supply of dirtbag men looking to fuck anything especially married woman. Nice he stopped it but it will linger in his head and could he ever trust her again, I couldn’t. She in my mind cheated . She kissed and was groped by him for sure and most likely feeling his cock . The guy was a pro at a swingers party he often throws. Her friend was occupied with a couple and shows what a pig she is . I’d say to my wife you are the company you keep and if you hang out with cheating pigs than you will be known as or will be a whore cheating pig yourselves. You can therapy all you want but it would never be justified to me . If that’s what you want than divorce, you wouldn’t be able to win me over .

dunmovynivdunmovynivalmost 3 years ago

Sad. He’s going to jail . She will be alone with her guilt.

Maybe she could work out her “feelings” while he sits in his cell.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

My favorite of all your stories. He refused to let Giorgio take his wife, and pretty well kicked his ass. Whether not not Elaine has learned her lesson remains in question though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lost me with all the " redneck" as an insult. It smacks of elitist snobbery, which is at least as distasteful as whatever mis-guided notion of what a "redneck" is. At least "rednecks" aren't ok with with "immigrants" harassing and r*-ping their women and children like so many of the "cultured" seem to be.

☆☆

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’m a redneck and very proud of my heritage and ancestors.Would have been good if he stopped writing like some self important jerk

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@DDAY55, low score is because this author chose to write insults and sermons instead of a fitting end to this story.

If he could just spend that thought to properly rationalized a reasonable ending rather than being a preachy snob, this could have been a good story.

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 2 years ago

Should have killed the gigolo,Elaine and Michelle...No person should be subject to that shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glad he beat the man whore but Jim has no reason to let the slut return. She has no excuse and has ruined the past, present and future. Everything he believed is now suspect. And everything she ever says will be tai yes with deceit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry did not do it for me, Sorry! Once the trust is broken, and it was definitely broken, it is neigh impossible to restore. Sorry.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Skillfully presented. Good character development even if some of the characters are very unlikeable and I cannot help but believe leaving the ending open is laziness. It is hard and takes work to tie up a good ending. This story was worth the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Was he a cuck in the making? It appears so, but he steps up to the plate, warning her about the ramifications, warning her about that Slytherin fleabag, and ass-whooping. Does she deserve to be forgiven? A lot more suffering and therapy, before that happens, but in the end, RAAC is appropriate

Anallicker01Anallicker01over 2 years ago

Good story. Jim did an excellent job stating his feelings of Lainey going to the party & letting her decide if she would go. Proud of him for beating the crap out of "dickwad". Curious of Jim's fine, jail sentence & if he was allowed to return to his home country. One thing, Lainey didn't have sex! Yes, she was on the bed, completely clothed. At least Jim got there in time. So, for now yes, they should stay together with plenty of counselling!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

At least she finally understood that it wasn't just about her. The weird part, most everyone that cheats are usually only thinking about "I" or "me" and not "us" or "we".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I lost a lengthy, and if I may say so myself, damned good commentary, when the site failed to offer up a "captcha" code over and over again. So now I try again. My original comments gave this a 4, but as I find the piquancy (reminiscent of Jidoka) of this story lingering with me, I've come to realize that this is a real 5. It's a profoundly sad story, because Jim and Elaine clearly do really love each other, but after this their marriage can never be the same (i.e., not as good) as it was. Yes, it's a 5, because the feelings it leaves this reader with overcomes the flaw of too much preachiness (that whole "redneck" thing, which would have been OK to mention once or twice, but not hammered over and over throughout the story as it was). What is amusing is that so many comments criticized the ending as being too RAAC, while just as many comments criticized the lack of an ending. I don't think pietro108 got lazy in leaving things off as he did. Instead, I believe that having created this situation, and very well, he really didn't know what would, or should, happen going forward. For one thing, there's the case against Jim. Does it get pled out, avoiding jail time, or does it go to trial? What happens with this will have way more impact on the future of their marriage than any counseling. It occurred to me that Elaine could testify that Giorgio was trying to rape her. That would get Jim off, and in so doing would demonstrate with actions where her loyalties lie. But would she have the wit, or the imagination, to do so? And would it have the same impact now, when she didn't make such a claim when the police arrived at the party? Sure, she could claim she was in shock at the time, but still. One might also wonder how Jim will really feel about Elaine now. Sure, he still loves her, but can he ever feel safe with, and about, her again? And will Elaine's guilt eat away at her, causing more unwise actions? Or will it make her slavishly devoted to Jim, "redneck wife" style? And how would that feel to Jim? What they had was magic. Only having had each other, pure and beautiful. That is now gone. As noted above, truly sad.

QM

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story! Why throw your life away to save her integrity Jim was arrested,jailed,bailed,loss his freedom,court, and a possible conviction and/fine. I got lost in all of the emotional tirades. I wanted her to cheat to find out she had it all already. Good educations spring from experiences, That feeling inside of Elaine will never be satisfied until she experiences a different lover. Michelle made up for her mistake of trying to fan Elaines desires.

BigjohnpBigjohnpabout 1 year ago

It was a very good read disappointed in Elaine she’s cheater once a cheater, always a cheater to do what she did. She obviously never felt in love for her husband. Probably never will but normally I’m very happy with him and live happily ever after in love with each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A sorry excuse for a story. OK, he didn't own her, but he should at least have let her know in no uncertain terms that if whe went through with what she wanted to do there would be dire consequences. They might be equals, but that doesn't mean he had to allow her to cheat. Also, too much was left unfinished. Did he go to prisjon for assault? Was he allowed to return home? If you cant' finish a story, don't start it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I believe the writers goal was met. The challenge here is not to her as much as it is to him. He was very clear to her that fucking Georgio would spell a terminal end to what made them an us. While they may stay married it will never be as it was and, as time went on, that would destroy them both. Elaine's base notion, that her value as a person correlated directly with her ability to still attract a male to breed her. It's a primordial drive. This could well lead to "I need just a little more." Or not. One bullet in the heart is just as fatal as one. That Elaine came to her senses is just a little to late. She, and she alone, destroyed her man's faith in her, and with it his trust and all the I'm sorry for ever will never completely heal that. He is the type of man who will find an emotional/intellectual rational to take her back. Sadly, that will be whistling in the dark for the grief and loss to both of them will never lift.

Michelle? She, and I mean this, should be horse whipped. Her friend was in a fragile place and she pushed her over the edge for her own perverse satisfaction. G. was a miscreant. Michelle is near evil. Her to late found regret is worthless. Her friends marriage is destroyed and she was a prime mover to the tragedy. Elaine has equal guilt here and, for her ego needs, will pay the price to the end. She'll pay with daily interest as she sees her husband's pain every day....no matter how hard he try to hide it.

5 stars.

slowhand21slowhand2110 months ago

“She wanted the thrill of doing something daring. She has spent her whole life doing the right thing. She has always loved you, loved the kids, loved your marriage. Her whole life was about them, you, never just about her.”

The same thing goes for a good husband but that doesn’t seem to matter to those who selfishly seek out to satisfy their own lust. Empty rationalization. Somebody who would encourage and enable such betrayal is lower than a snake.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar10 months ago

"Commitment isn't worth a damn. It is just another idea which reinforces one person's control over someone else." I could not disagree more. I pity anyone that thinks this way.

silentsoundsilentsound9 months ago

I really like some of your stories Petey but you are a pussy for deleting my comment.

This story had skill in the writing but too many character problems with Michelle and Elaine.

Michelle especially needed different treatment and you just ignored your own creation to bend reality to your goals.

Very poor form.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I agree that they should stay together. However, Michelle should be outed as a whore, homewrecker, and pimp. No consideration given at all to her attempt to ‘fix’ what she broke.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Will she wait for him if he serves time for his assault?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

“Commitment isn't worth a damn. It is just another idea which reinforces one person's control over someone else.”

.

What a fucked up bit of philosophy THAT comment was 🤗

.

But it provide the lubricant of excuses for deceitful and irresponsible behavior, doesn’t it? Without which, we wouldn’t have stories like this to read 😎

.

3 ***

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio7 months ago

Jim didn’t frame his argument with the wife very well. He should have said something like, “you are an adult and I can’t stop you, but THIS is what will happen if you go out on me:” Then he can give her a list, including divorce as the first item.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not me. I would have gone to the room but I would not have assaulted the guy. Why risk Jail time for a slut? I would tell them I was there, let the guy have him moment of joy in seeing my sadness, tell the slut that we are through and leave. Even if she follows me we are through,

As the story is written she confesses she knew what she was doing and the risk. I would again say you got what you wanted (almost) and leave her. AS someone pointed out while he is in jail she will cheat.

bobareenobobareeno6 months ago

I liked this story, it was well written, and interesting. I agree with Face for Radio’s suggestion. Not forbidding her to have an affair was correct, not being clear about the consequences of her actions seemed like a missing piece of a puzzle. Although he respected her autonomy, he nevertheless retained his own autonomy, which included the control of his reactions. She would destroy, for him, what they had, and he needed to be very clear about that. Still, a tale that touched upon the pain, so 5 stars.

MasterKoteMasterKote6 months ago

Should've tossed his wedding ring at her while he beat the guy up

willyk1212willyk12126 months ago

bad bad bad sorry cant do cheating

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Piss-poor storyline and the soliloquies and diatribes instead of conversations were even worse. . .

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

You can not commit a crime and the point to feelings of yesterday do mitigate it. Relationships are remade day to day. Elaine absolutely knew her husband would be devastated. Everything observation and prediction he made proved true. That she was going to fuck the guy was an absolute.

When she broke her vows she blew the marriage. How can you want to stay with a women who so cold bloodedly and intellectually voiced and excused her intent KNOWING it was devastating her husband as she told him. Her rational is the current bedrock of self centered Feminist credo of sexual independence with virtually no moral obligation to her partner. Cheating is a right. Period. What she did was evil. Premeditated action that you know will devaste your partner is not an act of love. They are both right, neither owns the other. He was absolutely correct that their marriage was built on trust, fidelity and respect. She purposefully broke his trust in her fidelity, blatantly disrespected him and then went for it. One can accidently kill someone and be truly remorseful. The law couldn't care less. A penalty must be paid.

Paid. Our MC essentially allowed logic of both sluts to excuse the wife's behavior and get taken back. After a short span of time her "need" will come back only this time she'll go behind his back. I don't care howforgivingly liberal he is, the human in him, any of us, will forever have a suspicion of her. Foundationally, in terms of unconditional trust, it's a dead marriage that they are trying to make the most of.

I'm not the MC but absent trust I couldn't stay. This is a train wreck from every perspective. Her action was NOT a mistake. It was a choice. That she regrets it is, in my mind, largely irrelevant.

bootylvrbootylvr23 days ago

No trust, no commitment, lying, cheating, planning it. Why would you go back to her? She will do it again because now you will take her back with your great love for her. Should have stayed home like a good little cuck

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpietro108@pietro108
Dutch immigrant to Australia at age 6. Arrived with no English language. Catholic schooling. University to study teaching. Teacher for 42 years. Retired. Married since 1979.

SIMILAR Stories