The Secret Island (Ch. 01-03)

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His eyes snapped open, "What are you doing?"

Exasperated, she grabbed his crotch and kissed him, "I'm sorry. You've got a lonely wife you leave alone and un-fucked for too many days out of the month. Forget what I said."

Since the couch was too narrow, they fucked on the living room floor for the first time. Even before marriage, their sex life had been fairly vanilla though she had no objection to some kinkier things he had suggested. This time, it was she who felt like pushing the envelope but he was quickly tired once he unloaded onto her chest.

"That was nice, hon," he declared, getting up to offer her a towel. She shook her head, fingering the drying semen on her tits, and replied, "I'm going to jump in the shower in a minute. I want to lay here for a moment."

He glanced at her in puzzlement, "Ok, join me there. I'll get the water going then I need to crash. I promised a family elder I'd join him for some swing practice at the golf range tomorrow."

Jessica laid her head back, tasting her husband's fluid with the tip of her finger. It wasn't too unpleasant but somehow rather thin and disappointing. She recalled the crazy dream. The Dragon King's ropy semen had flooded her entire senses. It had been thick and, somehow, savory. She had woken on the bench at dawn once again, just like the first night, but this time her crotch had been caked with drying fluid that stank of the sea. For a moment, she had sworn that perhaps the dream had been real, yet that couldn't be. Although the king's face had resembled Jin, the rest of the man's physique had been like some Greek or Nordic god with rippling muscles and a throbbing member the size of an oar: sheer fantasy.

Suddenly, her libido was fired up again just from recalling that night. She rubbed herself to completion one more time on the hardwood floor, now slick with her sweat. Her foot almost kicked the flat panel tv on its stand as she came once more, this time much harder than when James had been inside of her.

Shaking, she sat up, staring at her sodden fingers, "Crap, I think I've lost it."

When she finally made it to the shower, James was almost done but his prick was at full mast once more, so they had another quickie under the hot water. Afterwards, he kissed her and left first to dry off. She stood under the water, wondering why she felt so empty despite getting the sex she had craved for weeks. The Dragon King kept looming in her mind.

Too quickly, James left again for the mainland several days later. He had been more attentive and they had managed to have sex each night but the feeling of emptiness had haunted her the entire time. When he disappeared down the concourse once again, Jessica gave a final wave, feeling desperately unfulfilled. In the morning chill, she stood naked in the courtyard, rubbing away at her clit and looking into the pre-dawn sky, hoping for the Dragon King to return.

---

She phoned her cousin in the States, using her long distance calling card.

After some shop talk, Bethany seemed concerned, "Are you doing OK? You sound off."

"I'm fine. Just a bit bored. I'm eating bon bons and watching soaps all day."

"You're on a resort island! Go out and do stuff!"

"We did all that tourist stuff the first week. And really, it's not Hawaii no matter what they say."

"Take a break and fly home then. We'll help cover the air fare."

"Sure...look, I have to go, the international rates are expensive," she said quickly.

---

Something had changed, she realized. She had always dressed casually and without much heed to the trendy outfits that people these days considered attractive. Yet, now she was more self-conscious than ever before, noticing the stares of people around her, especially men. Where she might have been indifferent before, Jessica subconsciously began enjoying the attention, even deliberately posing for them during the checkout line at the market or casually leaning over the counters to allow long glances down her blouse.

She thought less and less of James, yet this gradually stopped bothering her whenever she realized it. Further, their conversations over the phone, once a daily ritual when he was out of town, had petered off. The weeks passed with her ennui mounting. When the time for the festival came around, she was surprised when the elders reminded her about her commitment. She had totally forgotten about it.

Reluctantly, she agreed to play the part of the Great Mother and first wife of the Dragon King. Her feelings toward Jin had mollified somewhat. He no longer seemed threatening, just a petulant boy who had lived a spoiled life. It also helped that she had seen less of him during the hiatus, though it meant that her boredom and feeling of entrapment had increased. The marriage was less than a year old and the thought of divorce had reared its ugly head. She'd promised herself she wouldn't be the one to give up so soon.

The elder women clucked as they adjusted the sleeves of the ceremonial outfit. It was actually rather simple in comparison to the usual attire based on classical regal designs. The material was closer to sackcloth instead of the florid patterns and silks of that traditional wear. This was because the Great Mother, aka Great Mountain Lady in her other aspect, was considered a humble deity who expressed her piety without the glamour of other gods. The Dragon King's outfit was outlandish in comparison, like the difference between a peacock and a hen.

For most of the event, all the pair had to do was sit in state on an elevated stand as revelers caroused below like a fancy wedding party, which in a way, it was. The three Goddesses, the primary one reprised this year once again by Yuna, wore flowing robes and attended to the guests with rice wine and pastries. Traditionally, the three Goddesses were also the mistresses of the King who consummated the event, and bringing good luck for the next year, by fertilizing them with his seed. Jessica assumed this was symbolic.

Yuna sheepishly led off the Dragon King to the hidden bower followed by the other two. Everyone clapped as they made their exit. The Great Mother held her peace, just like the literal mountain, watching over the villagers.

First aunt, one of grandmother Choi's younger siblings, approached her. She noticed the pendant that Jessica had kept all this time, now worn around her neck for the ceremony. Aunt said, eyes bemused, "And so, the Great Mother is at peace. Jealousy is not the way. This is the lesson of this ceremony, that the mother shares the bounty of the land with all the villagers, including the goddesses."

"I don't get it. Is Jin the king or not? How can he share his wife and mistresses?"

"The Dragon King represents the people, or the male aspect of the people--that which takes from the land. You represent the female aspect, that which appeases."

"Sure, but what about the goddesses? This all seems contradictory."

"The goddesses are all parts of the great mother. They represent her desires, her service, her humility. Perhaps it is easier to understand than the triune God of Christianity?" the Aunt replied cryptically. Like many locals, they attended a Christian church but the old ways were never actually discarded. This heresy was not officially condoned, but the local pastor was wise to not push the matter. He didn't participate in the pagan festivities, instead heading a small prayer service in the local church.

Ahn Jin returned looking suspiciously disheveled and wearing a flushed grin on his face. Jessica shied away from thinking about the implications.

"It's nice to have a young Great Mother," he said. "Especially such an exotic one. In the past, I was glad the Dragon King did not have to plow the woman of the mountain, usually some old auntie, for this ceremony, but now my feelings are conflicted."

"I'm married," she scowled.

He nodded, "indeed, you are." Laughing, he wandered off to carouse now that his duty was done.

First Aunt said, "You can go now. Have fun, eat. The food stalls have many delicious treats."

Relieved to get out of the costume, Jessica wandered the street, checking out the stalls and games. It was a typical street fair. The band played modern pop tunes, so, except for the ever present phallic totems and Asian lettering, she'd have imagined it just like the ones at home. A pang hit her as she realized that she missed the States.

Out of the corner of the eye, she saw it again, the young woman, stark naked as she was being pulled along by a man. She chased after them but the crowd was thicker there and she lost sight of them. She could have sworn the girl was Yuna. Frantically, she called out until one of the uncles approached her. He was in his forties and a laborer, so his hands were big and calloused. He said, "What is the matter?"

"I thought I saw Yuna..."

"Probably running around like she always does. If I see her, I'll tell her you were looking for her, but enjoy the night. It's the heart of typhoon season, so the good weather will not last. We're overdue."

Jessica nodded. There had been some severe weather but she had yet to experience a real blow. Although it wasn't in the actual tropics, the island stayed temperate for much of the year, dipping down into the low forties Fahrenheit only in January for a short time. She wandered the festival events, having forgotten her original search for the moment. The menfolk were having their usual drinking contests while children played traditional games. She snacked on some sticky rice balls enriched with millet as well as shaved ice with sweet adzuki bean toppings. There had been a parade during the day, but she'd missed it. Now that it was dark, there was a bonfire in one of the open parks. These types of things always involved a bonfire or similar fire based activities, she mused. Maybe it was a human thing that probably went back to the caves.

People were dancing around the fire as people drummed and plucked traditional instruments. Great grandmother had retired early but even some of the elders were stomping up a storm. Jessica joined in for a bit but took a breather on one of the carved stone seats, another old relic. They weren't really very comfortable, but served their purpose. First Aunt found her once again. After getting her breath back, she said, "In the old days, I did this naked, especially if it was the spring fire festival. Ah, I had such a beautiful body. You seem skeptical but this was the only time for couples to form up, and it was hard times with few partners so people did what they had to do to get by. A child could end up having a lot of uncles and aunts, though more aunts than uncles. Sometimes, a lot more."

Elder Joon had also joined them. He grinned, "It wasn't easy for us. Satisfying more than one woman was hard work. I needed an extra dose of ginseng and the special powder every night."

Aunt slapped his knee, "Our new Great Mother is blushing. The mainlanders frown on our backwards ways. Even the new generations on the island don't share wives anymore, elder."

"How can a child be raised properly without having lots of aunties?" he shook his head. "I feel sorry for the young women who have to bring them up all alone."

"I don't think our new relative wants to hear about that."

Indeed, Jessica had been turning beet red. The implication that she'd be sharing James with other women didn't sit well with her. The elders had no idea that the new marriage was already on the brink of failing. It didn't seem like a good time to bring any of that up. She excused herself and headed back home.

Even though it was fall, the temperature was still unusually high and humid, so that night she slept in the nude as was her most recent habit. She usually wore a long tee as a nightgown, a habit she'd had since she was a child but the warm night air felt good on her skin. She left the windows open, screened to keep out any insects.

Before bedtime she picked up one of the books she'd ordered. It was about the history of the island and she was on the chapter about the fishing women. Women had taken up much of the men's work especially during the dark times when many men had been conscripted for the Japanese war effort or just killed outright if they did not cooperate. Apparently, even in ancient times this had been a problem, though usually from the fishermen being taken by the harsh sea god. The region was notorious for sudden bad weather and typhoon season stretched for a good part of the year. The Mongols had actually reached these islands during their reign. They didn't spare many of the local men either.

The book had black and white photos of one of the last generation of original women divers. Much like the famous Ama divers of Japan, they still existed, though aging and diminished, but had more modern wetsuits and tools these days though they still used freediving as their primary technique. Originally, the women would dive topless or even totally nude as not to be encumbered. The pictures depicted some of the more comely examples. None of them would make it in a fashion magazine but they had the hearty healthiness of people who worked physically and ate naturally. Of course, their teeth weren't perfect, and lacking makeup, they had the typical old world "country" look but each was beautiful in their own way, Jessica thought.

She figured the photographer had selected with his own bias for these photos. They were not commissioned by academia, but for purely commercial purposes. She read that the women had been exploited to boost tourism so the sexualization of the practice was not held in high regard. She tried to imagine great aunt being one of those women, but it was moot anyways since this village did not have that tradition. Most of the remaining divers, now elderly, lived on the main island.

Jessica didn't know if it was coincidence but a day later Yuna dropped by, asking if she'd join some of the girls on a jaunt to a cove for some swimming. Most of the rocky shores of the island were not really very good beaches, and risky even for expert swimmers due to the swirling waters and unpredictable currents. There were a few spots, both natural and artificial, that were suitable for recreation. After agreeing, Jessica wore a bikini, wrapping a sarong around her waist, and put on a wide sun hat although it was mostly overcast. She put sunscreen and towels into a shoulder bag.

The process had been slow, as she had been somewhat estranged from the others, but finally, it seemed that Jessica and Yuna, at least, had thawed some of the ice.

As they walked on the road to meet the rest, she couldn't help but broach, "So, how is it with Jin?"

Yuna blushed, lowering her eyes, "I am not promised to him, but, he has been better these days. It's like he grew up a bit."

They met up with the other young women, including the two others who role-played as goddesses. Mira was a thin girl with glasses, hair pulled back with twin tails, and the other was Juliette with extremely long dark hair that was tied near here rump with a ribbon. They both sported Western names although they were pure natives. It had been a fad to have "exotic" nicknames when they were born.

Another girl named Minsoo tagged along. She was rather nondescript compared to the rest who clearly formed somewhat of a clique. Minsoo brightened when she saw Jessica.

"Teacher! I'm glad you are coming with us," Minsoo took her hand. It was a windy path to the cove which was somewhat secluded. There was only a tiny strip of beach but they were the only ones using it so it had a feeling of exclusivity. Jessica was used to going to the typical commercial beach where was always activity including boaters or surfers but here it felt like they were on a deserted isle or private estate.

Still, it shocked her when the girls stripped instead of putting on bathing suits. Even Minsoo, who seemed the shyest, easily slipped out of her shorts, tossing them into the pile with the others. Now, it was her turn to feel out of place, as the only one wearing anything. Maybe the islanders were less prudish than the city people, she thought.

They had brought along towels, a beach umbrella, and some refreshments, so it was not like they hadn't planned for this activity. Apparently, skinny-dipping was just something they did normally. Jessica put down her own items and undid her sarong but didn't take off her own swimsuit. The water was temperate and fairly calm, though she could see the wind making for choppy waves much further out. Yuna said that it was safer to stay close to shore, so she only waded out a little bit. It felt good as the water lapped over her thighs. Unlike the others, she wasn't much into swimming so she retired quickly to her towel to get some sun.

Since she hadn't gone sunning in a long time, her skin was still uniformly pale but she eyed the lack of tan lines on the other women and decided that it was a good opportunity. Hesitating at first, Jessica took off her bikini top and then her bottom. The others paid no heed, splashing in the shallows.

Finally, relaxing, she was sprawled out chest down, her buns toward the sky. This felt good, and she'd been spending more time naked at home anyways.

Yuna sat down next to her, asking "Want me to put some lotion on you?" Jessica nodded. Her delicate hands began working their way down her back. Jessica was almost falling asleep when a voice startled her. She jerked up, instinctively covering her breasts as she saw Ahn Jin walking down the beach toward them. He had a cooler under one arm and a towel over a bare shoulder. He had on a pair of trunks and sandals on his feet.

Ignoring her glare, he setup next to their spot. The other women did not seem alarmed in any way, making Jessica feel awkward suddenly as she looked around to assess the others. They had quieted somewhat due to the newcomer, but it was probably more that it was Jin and not that he was male. She felt that still factored in somewhere. Even Minsoo gave him the side eye a bit. Either way, it was clear that being spotted out here was not something unusual for them, as if this had happened several times in their lives.

Jin casually opened up the cooler, saying, "Want a beer?" His usual leer seemed to be kept in check for once. Assiduously, he kept his gaze out on the water as he handed over a can. She accepted, keeping one arm over her chest. Yuna, aware of the awkwardness, sat between them, taking a sparkling water from their own cooler. They chattered about some inanities as Jessica popped open her beer and let her guard down somewhat.

Jin laughed, "It's not like I haven't seen all this before, and more." She assumed this was meant for her ears, which were burning a bit red. Jessica had been naked around other people before (so it shouldn't be a big deal), but usually not in mixed company and not outside of intimate moments for the most part.

In any event, there was no point in trying to cover up at this point. He had already seen everything so she let her arm drop as she tried to relax. She still felt awkward and momentarily regretted being in that position. She shook her head: no, she shouldn't feel guilty about it. On the other hand, it was a public place, so there was no expectation of privacy despite the seemingly secluded nature of the cove.

He said to no one in particular, "I'm going to check out the sea cave. Anyone want to join me?" He got up, dusting off his trunks. Yuna agreed to go, as did Minsoo who cheerily waded up upon hearing the announcement. Mira, who had been sunning on her own towel, propped herself up, but did not join. Juliette kept swimming, ignoring them.

Casually, Jin clasped his hand around Yuna's as they walked down the small beach around the rocks to the small sea cave that was exposed on the bend. After they disappeared inside, Jessica asked Mira, "So, are they dating for real now? I thought Yuna didn't really like him."