All Comments on 'The Secrets We Keep From Each Other'

by chilleywilley

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments (Page 2)
26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
No way

No way you reconcile after the cheating. Except a LW RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
He had no reason not to confront her about her lover.

In fact he should have, and, if she was contrite, reconciled (based on his own failing). The failure to confront was a plot device to set up the fortune teller, which made me chuckle. The problem is that the plot fails because he didn't do the logical, direct thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
apples to tables

he had a brief hook-up.

she had a long affair.

and i hate to sound sexist, but men fuck just to fuck. women fuck to find better men to be with. men will fuck w/e they can get. a woman will only settle for MORE. maybe it's a bigger dick, sometimes it's a bigger wallet, sometimes it's just a power trip. guys just wanna get their rocks off. a guy also can't trick a wife into raising a baby not hers. women have far more responsibility in the sex department. it's why men ask, and women say yes or no. the stakes are way higher when a wife cheats. that's why MEN ask her hand in marriage. she doesn't get to ask, only him. because he has the most to lose, and she has the most to gain. if it were reversed, you'd see women asking men to marry them. you'd see women afraid of commitment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nothing like a willing cuckold

Next time lick her lovers cum out of her pussy, This husband wants nothing more than willing Cuckold. I never understand why most of you want to forgive shit they can't be forgiven. You hear all these people talk about reconciliation and all cost, why? In the immortal words of Dr Phil are you doing is teaching them how to treat you. And you turn from this incredibly unforgiving person into a walking doormat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
And no consequences for the lover....

Given the relationship took place with her coworker, it would have been nice to see him taken down.

QuintiusQuintiusover 4 years ago
Not a fan

To be perfectly honest I started skimming as soon as he said he had to stop her cheating without letting her know he knew. Cop out nonsense. He had her dead to rights. If he wanted to stay married to her he should have manned up, confronted her, and told her the conditions of staying together. If she decided to just go ahead and divorce him then they weren't meant to be together regardless. This isn't the only story CW's used the "get them to quit cheating themselves by tricking them" plot device and it doesn't work any better in this story than the other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really, he says nothing and lets her get away with it

He's a wimp and they may be celebrating 35 years together but she probably cheated multiple times throughout those years because hes to weak to confront her and shes a whore.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Not sure.

It was a very good story. I'm just not sure I can accept total forgiveness without confession. Maybe I'm wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hated this

He is a wimp, let her get away with out, no confrontation, so she'll do it again in the future.

schulz777schulz777about 4 years ago
I don't know why

but I'm OK with that story,

he took action,

he fought for his marriage

fine with me

5starrs

HikingThruHikingThruabout 4 years ago
Interesting solution...

I wonder if a hubby would be able to cope this way without having cheated first. The only thing I found off here was wife's attitude when kids called her. This story paints her as selfish, self-absorbed bitch, and cheating slut, who perhaps doesn't deserve the get-out-of-divorce card that she is given.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 4 years ago
Really well done

A thought provoking situation, with both partners guilty. He was right, what facts neither partner knows or admits, doesn’t exist to the other, so they can live with their own guilt. Nice touch that the gipsy's prophecy could be taken as what she was bribed to say or the fortune she could foresee. Enjoyable read, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sometimes it is better to live with your own guilt

I liked it and the point was well made. So many times we confess a one-time affair to our own destruction. We try to ease our guilt by laying a portion of it on someone else with the hope that being forgiven will ease what we did. All the while, adding hurt to someone who does not deserve it. Instead, we should keep our guilt to ourselves or confess it to God (who already knows). If anyone is going to hurt from our stupidity, it should be the one who committed the offense. At the same time, feel fortunate you were able to stop before it came to a very bitter end and learn from your mistakes. It is the best any of us can do.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
He's a big shit

In shit

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Guilt

Guilt probably kept him with her,but after the loss of the child and she couldn't have any more,I think he should have told her he knew about her affair.Also how come lover boy gets off scot free.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 3 years ago

At first, I was really ticked about him not confronting her, but the more I thought about it the more I understood his reasoning. I liked the story and wound up giving it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Firstly the author hasn't published anything for a very long time. Secondly cheating is cheating whether it's only once or an ongoing affair. You cheat you break your wedding vows nothing else matters.

markivunibmarkivunibabout 3 years ago

Poor writing skills.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story, great plot and your characters think and act...... REAL!!!!! Not much of life is actually divided into black/white, BTB/RAAC camps. No, it's all living in muted, endless shades of gray!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, great ending. It would be tough to forgive the lies and deceit. However, in this situation the husband was very brave and saved his family.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Good story, well written, creative outcome. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, great ending.

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

Uplifting to anyone tying to save a marriage on the rocks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Chilley without his willey has proved time and. Again the he has and will continue to fight for the right of a wife to be a slut and the husband to be a pussy! He or it has done it again

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Chilly goes a long way to explain a point. I really appreciate the argument made regarding the knowledge of a wrong doing.

The thing about the palm reader is a bit weak.

I guess that persuasion is better achieved through positive action and dialogue.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

very good. novel way of saving a marriage and family.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

You should always do whatever you believe is right. That was a refreshing little tale and the fortune teller was hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So, they both lived the rest of their lives constantly beset by guilt for cheating but too cowardly to confess to each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty good story. I like reconciliatiion stories. I am glad they worked things out, but they way they did it was way over the top. Too complicated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting story. But as a husband , I would have not approached it this way. There are many ways to break off the affair. Of course it wouldn't mean she wouldn't do it again. Putting leverage on asshole, confrontation with her emails, and forced counseling, may not be as creative but if she still loves her husband, has more of a chance to work (sounded like she needed therapy as well), than his elaborate fortune teller con. Could have gone sideways in hurry. Personally since both are cheaters, less emotionally involved as a reader.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This only worked because the husband, who cheated himself years before, made the decision to retroactively give the wife a “hall pass” for her adultery—because he wanted a chance to keep them together. At the same time he did NOT want wifey to know that he knew and was giving her that pass…so he came up with a very unconventional way to get her guilt counter revved to max to influence her to end it herself.

.

It should be noted that, like him, she also DID NOT confess her adultery.

.

Clever variation of a well worn trope.

.

4 ****

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Interesting story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Ick. They both live with their sins undisclosed but he knows about his and her affair. Did I miss something? Wasn't her affair much longer and more of a threat?

WillowghbyWillowghby5 months ago
Another

...clever ChillWill story. A nice dose of imagination yields a unique LW plot. Lots of commenters have argued what THEY would have done, and seem slow to accept that this couple made their choices and did what THEY wanted to do.

Thanks for more entertainment, ChillWill, and: Please restart the keyboard for more stories!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous