All Comments on 'The Secrets We Keep From Each Other'

by chilleywilley

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments
WillowghbyWillowghby5 months ago
Another

...clever ChillWill story. A nice dose of imagination yields a unique LW plot. Lots of commenters have argued what THEY would have done, and seem slow to accept that this couple made their choices and did what THEY wanted to do.

Thanks for more entertainment, ChillWill, and: Please restart the keyboard for more stories!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Ick. They both live with their sins undisclosed but he knows about his and her affair. Did I miss something? Wasn't her affair much longer and more of a threat?

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Interesting story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This only worked because the husband, who cheated himself years before, made the decision to retroactively give the wife a “hall pass” for her adultery—because he wanted a chance to keep them together. At the same time he did NOT want wifey to know that he knew and was giving her that pass…so he came up with a very unconventional way to get her guilt counter revved to max to influence her to end it herself.

.

It should be noted that, like him, she also DID NOT confess her adultery.

.

Clever variation of a well worn trope.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting story. But as a husband , I would have not approached it this way. There are many ways to break off the affair. Of course it wouldn't mean she wouldn't do it again. Putting leverage on asshole, confrontation with her emails, and forced counseling, may not be as creative but if she still loves her husband, has more of a chance to work (sounded like she needed therapy as well), than his elaborate fortune teller con. Could have gone sideways in hurry. Personally since both are cheaters, less emotionally involved as a reader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty good story. I like reconciliatiion stories. I am glad they worked things out, but they way they did it was way over the top. Too complicated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So, they both lived the rest of their lives constantly beset by guilt for cheating but too cowardly to confess to each other.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

You should always do whatever you believe is right. That was a refreshing little tale and the fortune teller was hilarious.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

very good. novel way of saving a marriage and family.

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Chilly goes a long way to explain a point. I really appreciate the argument made regarding the knowledge of a wrong doing.

The thing about the palm reader is a bit weak.

I guess that persuasion is better achieved through positive action and dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Chilley without his willey has proved time and. Again the he has and will continue to fight for the right of a wife to be a slut and the husband to be a pussy! He or it has done it again

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

Uplifting to anyone tying to save a marriage on the rocks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, great ending.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Good story, well written, creative outcome. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, great ending. It would be tough to forgive the lies and deceit. However, in this situation the husband was very brave and saved his family.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story, great plot and your characters think and act...... REAL!!!!! Not much of life is actually divided into black/white, BTB/RAAC camps. No, it's all living in muted, endless shades of gray!

markivunibmarkivunibabout 3 years ago

Poor writing skills.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Firstly the author hasn't published anything for a very long time. Secondly cheating is cheating whether it's only once or an ongoing affair. You cheat you break your wedding vows nothing else matters.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 3 years ago

At first, I was really ticked about him not confronting her, but the more I thought about it the more I understood his reasoning. I liked the story and wound up giving it 5 stars.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Guilt

Guilt probably kept him with her,but after the loss of the child and she couldn't have any more,I think he should have told her he knew about her affair.Also how come lover boy gets off scot free.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
He's a big shit

In shit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sometimes it is better to live with your own guilt

I liked it and the point was well made. So many times we confess a one-time affair to our own destruction. We try to ease our guilt by laying a portion of it on someone else with the hope that being forgiven will ease what we did. All the while, adding hurt to someone who does not deserve it. Instead, we should keep our guilt to ourselves or confess it to God (who already knows). If anyone is going to hurt from our stupidity, it should be the one who committed the offense. At the same time, feel fortunate you were able to stop before it came to a very bitter end and learn from your mistakes. It is the best any of us can do.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 4 years ago
Really well done

A thought provoking situation, with both partners guilty. He was right, what facts neither partner knows or admits, doesn’t exist to the other, so they can live with their own guilt. Nice touch that the gipsy's prophecy could be taken as what she was bribed to say or the fortune she could foresee. Enjoyable read, thank you.

HikingThruHikingThruabout 4 years ago
Interesting solution...

I wonder if a hubby would be able to cope this way without having cheated first. The only thing I found off here was wife's attitude when kids called her. This story paints her as selfish, self-absorbed bitch, and cheating slut, who perhaps doesn't deserve the get-out-of-divorce card that she is given.

schulz777schulz777about 4 years ago
I don't know why

but I'm OK with that story,

he took action,

he fought for his marriage

fine with me

5starrs

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hated this

He is a wimp, let her get away with out, no confrontation, so she'll do it again in the future.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Not sure.

It was a very good story. I'm just not sure I can accept total forgiveness without confession. Maybe I'm wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really, he says nothing and lets her get away with it

He's a wimp and they may be celebrating 35 years together but she probably cheated multiple times throughout those years because hes to weak to confront her and shes a whore.

QuintiusQuintiusover 4 years ago
Not a fan

To be perfectly honest I started skimming as soon as he said he had to stop her cheating without letting her know he knew. Cop out nonsense. He had her dead to rights. If he wanted to stay married to her he should have manned up, confronted her, and told her the conditions of staying together. If she decided to just go ahead and divorce him then they weren't meant to be together regardless. This isn't the only story CW's used the "get them to quit cheating themselves by tricking them" plot device and it doesn't work any better in this story than the other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
And no consequences for the lover....

Given the relationship took place with her coworker, it would have been nice to see him taken down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nothing like a willing cuckold

Next time lick her lovers cum out of her pussy, This husband wants nothing more than willing Cuckold. I never understand why most of you want to forgive shit they can't be forgiven. You hear all these people talk about reconciliation and all cost, why? In the immortal words of Dr Phil are you doing is teaching them how to treat you. And you turn from this incredibly unforgiving person into a walking doormat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
apples to tables

he had a brief hook-up.

she had a long affair.

and i hate to sound sexist, but men fuck just to fuck. women fuck to find better men to be with. men will fuck w/e they can get. a woman will only settle for MORE. maybe it's a bigger dick, sometimes it's a bigger wallet, sometimes it's just a power trip. guys just wanna get their rocks off. a guy also can't trick a wife into raising a baby not hers. women have far more responsibility in the sex department. it's why men ask, and women say yes or no. the stakes are way higher when a wife cheats. that's why MEN ask her hand in marriage. she doesn't get to ask, only him. because he has the most to lose, and she has the most to gain. if it were reversed, you'd see women asking men to marry them. you'd see women afraid of commitment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
He had no reason not to confront her about her lover.

In fact he should have, and, if she was contrite, reconciled (based on his own failing). The failure to confront was a plot device to set up the fortune teller, which made me chuckle. The problem is that the plot fails because he didn't do the logical, direct thing.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
No way

No way you reconcile after the cheating. Except a LW RAAC.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Yet another wimp husband story

This stuff is utterly idiotic. No male, no man thinks like that over and over and over and over when it is so cut and dry. You have a clear evidence of a fucking affair ... the marriage will explode momentarily, not going into BS mode.

Where do you live? On literotica I imagine with all these wimps thinking they are writing a great prose when they are making moronic plots with excessive contemplating drivel. I guess Dostoyevsky could write such a thing if he were to live today but I imagine it would be a heck of a lot better than this piece of crap masquerading as a story. 1 star for crap.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 6 years ago

Fun tale, but Way too much new age self help BS at the end. And the fortune teller not just playing a trick was outright stupid, added nothing but annoyance for those that don't believe in mumbo jumbo.

It seems like a lot of those self help things value honesty etc. meaning that it would just be a matter of time before the wife confessed if she actually internalised any of what they learned.

Pretty risky of the husband if it was his choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
To Be or,Not To Be? (Married)

Interesting story. In his belief that remaining married despite the infidelity ,on both sides, hubby weighed several issues ,including the kids in making his decision. It seems when all was said and done,he'd really asked himself if he'd be better off with her than without her. ~ ( One thing he would not allow once he found out was to be cuckolded anymore. The fortune-teller was a fun,nifty little device used by the writer. (Even though I personally think the fortune teller/soothsayer stuff is a load of crapola,it certainly wored on the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Like it

I like your stories, they are focussed on the good things

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Very clever

A delightful story; as so many of yours are.

But somewhere down the road, what with all the religious retreat and psychobabble induced aids to communication, they are going to have to spill their respective beans and clear up their secrets. That would make an interesting sequel! (Hint)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

The author was right in his assessment of his story at the very beginning. It really did suck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

illiterate cuck shit.

fisheronefisheronealmost 7 years ago
Seams of marriage strained

It has been my observation and experience from friends and relatives that visiting pubs and bars regularly without spouse leads to problems. The problems may have already been riding under the surface but adding alcohol without your partner there just removes one layer of protection. The husband solution was unusual but effective. He still loved the wife and eventually had a stronger marriage with them getting involved with church and family together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A story of two cheaters, who really cares 2*

I hate it when both parties are cheaters. Just a lazy excuse for an unrealistic reconciliation or cuckold acceptance of cheating.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
Correction

Oops. I meant to list " The Symmetry of Sin " as one of my top three chilleywilley favs instead of this one " The Secrets We Keep from Each Other ". My bad. The alliteration in titles quite undid me.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 7 years ago
My Personal Blind Spot in Loving Wives Tales

First I want to say as a long-time, wannabe author , I would be estatic if I had a resume of stories half as accomplished as Chilley's. It's HARD to pick out just three favorites but I'll go with My Wife the Doctor, Walk the Dog ... and tie The Secrets ... and ' The Courtship Road . That being said this one always rubbed me the wrong way and Chilley has repeated that irritation in a couple stories.

I root for reconciliation, especially with kids in martial mix. But not as much in this case ...the husband caught his wife in a lie and first she's indignant that he dared interrupt her in mid-tryst, then she tries to alternately bluster, evade and obfuscate her way out of said lie and admitting the adultery and the husband mercifully doesn't confront her with damming emails and then she plans to keep cheating until fortune teller ploy.

When an individual has this much of an integrity deficit - there's no real marriage. People make mistakes , people cheat, that's the human condition. My experience in life is when they don't acknowledge and atone when caught dead to rights in deception , try to gaslight with cheap psychological ploys that the chances of a happy ending are nill. I saw fortune teller scene as superstitious hokum.

I know the husband had a one-off affair. He wasn't pure and this lent a measure of constraint to his actions. The difference between the two is is that he likely would have tried to bluster his way out of a wrong if his wife had the goods on him.

It's about respect and trust -as for people who try to " put one over " on their spouse and won't acknowledge or ignore error when confronted with evidence by partner attesting to mistake. That's contemptuous akin to store employee who steals from till, gets a ' come to Jesus talk ' about embezzlement and then filches cash again.You just can't be fully married to a person.with those kind of values.

Suffice to say I've run into those kind of people. To me , they are toxic and to be avoided . The fictional kids make things complex. Maybe this husband stays till youngest is trundled off to college. The narrator is a sharp cookie for the most part in terms of following the clues. Maybe he figures he can read her if carnal redivcism occours. It's a personal choice and also a chance I wouldn't take.

Chilley isn't wedded to either RAAC or BTB outcomes. I nearly always enjoy his process. Perhaps I'm biased due to my life experience but this outcome and a few others by him will never sit well with me . Oh well. If everyone thinks alike , then no one's thinking goes a maxim. The onus is on me to create a story to match the median quality that matches Chilley's. That won't be easy.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 7 years agoAuthor
Superstition

I did not intend the wife to be superstitious. However, primed by the husband, the fortune teller was able to include enough detail of her affair so the wife, against all reason, would have no logical choice but to accept the fortune teller somehow knew the past! And knowing she could see the past, it was logical to accept that she could also see the future.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad

I can never understand how any husband could live with the images that would be in his head of his wife with another man. Every time he got close to her, these would surely pop up and destroy the moment? To live with the knowledge of her infidelity without telling her would be beyond me. And yes, I am not ignoring his cheating.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Well written

But I fucking hate secrets about fucking around in marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
two different

True both cheated. Husband's one weekend while away. Wive's much longer planned out lied to husband left fmily to be with lover

Your ending does not bother me

HER PLANNED INSIDIOUS BETRAYAL AND CONTEMPT OF HUSBAND AND CHILDREN DOES!!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 7 years agoAuthor
Kind words

You missed it. He bribed the fortune teller with cash, and told her what was going on. Someone else commented that modern people don't believe in fortune tellers, but the wife was gobsmacked when it was scary close to the truth, plus she was likely feeling very guilty, she was shocked, and no other plausible answer would fit... but it's so true it must be!

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Divorce should always be a last resort...

I don't believe divorce is the answer for every affair. I know several couples where one of the spouses had an affair and would give just about anything to get a "do-over". Two couples divorced, both had children and both are still suffering - as are their children. The other couple stayed together, fighting through the anger, the tears, cold-shoulders, and so, so, much regret. They have two kids, boy and girl, and managed to keep the fighting, accusations, and recriminations out of sight - although I'm pretty sure it's impossible to completely hide the fact that Mom and Dad are having problems - kids know when things aren't right.

They truly loved each other though and they stuck with it. Things got better. Now they're still together, still love each other, the children grown and living their own lives. The husband told me on New Year's Eve last year that he's so glad they made it, he just couldn't imagine a Christmas without the wife and kids, sharing the same house and all loving one another. It's the journey we would have missed, all those good memories we made as a family would never have happened.

Good story. Saw the fortune teller thing coming, but was surprised with the twist about her actually seeing into the future - that was excellent. Thanks!

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 8 years ago
she was right.

my fortune teller said i would like this one.

after i paid her fifty bucks.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the offering.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
DYSFUNCTION RUNS RAMPANT

a bummer it runs both ways unknown. TK U MLJ LV NV

paulroverpaulroverover 8 years ago
Great story

Story telling and imagination, two sides of the same coin.

You are a wealthy individual. thanks for sharing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago

Like the twist of having the fortune teller actually for seeing the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What I would have done.....

get rid of Ann and keep Alice. tom anon

LVGirlLVGirlabout 9 years ago
Excellent

This strikes me as real life. No one is perfect; no marriage is perfect. All we can do is what we can do - and the people in this story did, working their ways around their flaws and failings

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

"Pubic hair is a physical sign of sexual maturity."

So is armpit hair. That doesn't make it any more visually attractive. If the only way you can tell that your woman is sexually mature is by her bush, I don't know what to tell you.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
@Anonymous 04/01/15

Not completely shaved would be my preference.

Pubic hair is a physical sign of sexual maturity.

Wanting there to be no hair at all seems a bit pedo-ish.

But at the same time if she wants me to give her oral sex, then she needs to keep her hair out of my mouth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
i never understood

why some men prefer a hairy bush over a shaved or bald pussy

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Yep working to spend time apart will work -

Only too well if you do not watch very closely -

He was as guilty as she so he had no moral high ground to work from - so he took an alternate route that worked for them - OK then.

Well thought out and executed -

Thank you for sharing your work with us -

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
yep Girls night out...

or Guys night out...weekly nights out, more times than not good times become bad times for the family unit...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Clearly ...

...your best work, Chilley! His sacrifice (and his correctly perceived imperfection--let he without sin cast the first stone), saved his family a lot of anguish. Could I have done what he did? I hope I never have to find out! Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Both bad but...

He at least saw what he had done and stopped it when he saw what he risked. She knew he was suspicious and still went ahead. She didn't care enough to stop even after seeing she was destroying his trust.

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
Well done!

I'll say it again - I HATE girls night out!

green1943green1943about 10 years ago
Good Plot

Ingenious twist, the reader is left to decide if the gypsy really did have the Gift or not. I enjoy all your stories please keep writing.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Gee, a cuck story with a tortured plot

The worst stories aren't true cuck stories, they are these ones that fake being "meaningful" but are full of silly, unrealistic drama and are highlighted buy the stuffed shirt husband keeping his slut wife. The are just bizarre.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great story 5*

Good window into his thinking.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
good story

In the real world of non high achievers, we have to deal with things within our means. The wife was seriously wrong in cheating. She was further wrong with her arrogant attitude and inept excuses. There are plausibility concerns surrounding a fortune teller having the ability to sway a smug person set on a course of debauchery. However, the plot and scenario seemed real especially for the characters as the author developed. It was good but lacked something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good one!

Although I don't mind stories that cheaters get what they deserve and more, it's always fun to read a clever story with a clever husband who realizes no one is perfect and that he would , indeed, be better off with her than without her. Fortune Tellers can be a scary lot, whether you believe in them or not! Stay away from the Tarot Cards!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Can't argue with the outcome given that both partners cheated. Very creative and well written.

Rogn123Rogn123about 11 years ago
great story

Very realistic and well written dont worry about any burn the bitch comments what you wrote is real life

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotabout 11 years ago
How different

would the ending have been if he had not cheated first? There's a big difference between what he did and her repeated infidelity. I would have no love for her and just stayed until the girls were older.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Confession is guilt transference

Excellent story highlighting one very important point; confession is nothing more then the transference of pain from the offending party to the offended. His dalliance gave him the room to forgive her her's. Benefit is his clever way of ending things also basically insured she never had another one.

Now this fucked up 'bull' crap in the comments makes no sense here. So the husband was the 'bull' in one relationship and then somehow was no longer the 'bull' when some other guy came in and took advantage of his wife's own weakness? Cuck logic just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I don't know . . .

. . . but I think this guy may be wise beyond what I am. I think I'd have blown it up, and lost. He held it together, and lost less. No ideal solutions here. Well done, cw. Having a proofreader would help.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Wonderful story

Granted, a little editing in order...get names right; three homophones...idol, idle, idyll... Homophones get by spellcheckers (and sometimes grammar-checkers), it helps to know something.

Interesting comments...a) (zed0) cheating poontang becomes eternally contaminated. Cheating dicks get clean next shower! b) fortune tellers are charlatans (agreed) - BUT, total stranger with no (known) contact with anyone you know gets three specific and unusual facts right! It should make you VERY nervous! c) related - How the fuck can the Bull know that Hubby tricked Sweetie into shutting everything down abruptly? Certainly Sweetie did NOT tell the Bull that a fortune-teller predicted a dire future so she was derailing his bare-pussy train!

Well-designed tale! Hero has good analytic skills! Agree that in the near future, probably during couple-therapy, both 'affairs' need to be brought out and resolved! Too many ways one or both will bite them in their mutual butt. IMHO, he is NOT a wimp...he detects a problem (late, I do believe!) and fixes it without any further damage. I do believe he was too frontal about her cover-up...Hubby could have pursued her (false) girls'-night-out screwing with her interaction with her kids, and told Sweetie it sounded more like her priorities had shifted WAY away from her family! I agree with busting her about her lie vis-a-vis her GF being with her!

Very effective morality tale!

5*

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
A good story

okay, it might be stretching it a bit that they each lived with their guilty secret for so long afterwards, but I suppose it is possible. Still, the bit about the fortune teller was a bit much! I'll admit to reading my horoscope from time to time - I've even had cards read and all that nonsense - but its all just a bit of fun. Therefore, not quite the slice of realism that you normally give us - but a good yarn.

DawnJDawnJover 11 years ago
Happy endings...

...are possible, even when bad things happen! Thank you for that! :) A real feel-good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Didn`t like it.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 WHEN CHOOSING TO EXPOSE CHEATERS

one must look to others dilemnas as well, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I liked it..

except that part about him fucking the sailor's wife. About that time I was sailing solo around the world and had left my wife in upstate NY. What a way to find out my wife fucked a guy who ran a shit factory! Of course I had some pussy in every port--that is what sailors do--but the wife is supposed to keep her legs closed. WTF do I do now? I feel like I'm in this fucking story..

tom anon

Just kidding: 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Traitor

the fat cock lustily smoked, the cornhole buggered, betrayed!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Excellent

Fair is fair.

He cheated, she cheated.

The psychic was there at the right place at the right time.

Cheating done. Life goes on.

I'd like to say love conquers all but in this situation it was a matter of fear of being caught and fear of the future and the past. Both had secrets.

I guess only the kids really won out. The parents led their lives having secrets which tore them apart.

OH WELL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very well written

No way I screw a woman w/o protection if I suspect she is fucking around though, not even if we'd been married 75 years. No way. Excellent work with dialogue and characters, 5 well earned stars.

VickieTernVickieTernabout 12 years ago
Clever enough

though I'd have appreciated a scheme that made her out to be less credulous, less superstitious. Scarcely worthy of him! I'm with you on the issue of preserving an otherwise satisfying marriage, though. It's remarkable how many people here rant about fantasy vengeance as if that settled anything and destroyed nothing worth preserving.. Maybe they prefer fictions as wishful fairy tales, RL being far more problematic. Like you, I prefer to count costs.

ParPlus10ParPlus10about 12 years ago
Hypocrites

I noticed that two of the people commenting say that the wife is contaminated or will screw around again. But they conveniently ignore the fact that the husband cheated and cheated first. Talk about an inability to think objectively.

Ohio got it right. For him to do anything but forgive her would have been inconsistent based on his history. It doesn't matter to if you screw them once or more than once. Cheating is cheating.

The story was well written and very realistic. I can't say that I particularly enjoyed it though. I just have a difficult time with cheaters and am not very forgiving on either side.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Was here name Ann or Alice?

I only ask as you changed her name a couple of times also your English is appalling and you really need someone to proof read your stories at least once. I didn't mind the story itself and I don't think I have a problem with either him staying with her or what he did to stop her affair. As for whether she would cheat again I doubt it from what you wrote she quite possibly shit herself so I doubt she would have risked that future coming true for a few afternoons of extramarital sex.

Overall pretty good story but the poor English and the mistakes detracted from what was going on.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
they in fact lost it

he ended it for her she did not do it herself. she will do it again just as soon as she thinks that what she is looking at is better than what is behind her. cheat once you will do it again, but this time she will bemore careful.

ohioohioabout 12 years ago
Nicely done.

The question to ask is, ok she cheated on me. So now what do I want? I am the one who gets to choose what happens next.

He made a choice that many readers disagree with--fine. But it's consistent with him, his values, his own experience of infidelity. Works for me.

Thanks, ohio

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Something's are just worth saving

Can't think of anything more important than the love of your life

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Apology

I am sorry, my sentence is better: .....against earlier Centuries when husbands were WITH other women (for example prostitutes) and the society was friendly with this.

DuNA

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Instead of a wife is a property there IS the mutuality

@ Dear Anon After almost 100 years gender equity you should give the wife as a property POV up. Instead of this POV you should choose the mutuality POV. From the mutuality POV the cheating will be similar betrayal as earlier if the other spouse is faithful. The different is the cheating is same thing for both spouses, because it will refer to the husbands as well, against earlier Centuries when husbands were other women (for example prostitutes) and the society was friendly with this. The mutuality is that POV from where you can decide on a human connection and the mutuality much better as the moral because many people (for example many commenters here) refuse the moral. The mutuality is not moral only LOGIC and the moral haters have to struggle hard for refuse it. Here in this story the mutuality was that point which helped to survive this marriage, because the husband got a POV from where he knew about himself he is not WIMP TO FORGIVE.............I am a revenge story fan and the mutuality is that POV which made me become a revenge story fan, however I am Romantic Revenge and Modern Figaro Type Revenge stories supporter, because I think to go prison for a slut/whore/bitch wife is a stupid decide. I like the beleivable reconcilation stories as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
cuck cuck cuck

get some balls and not from the guy that is doing your wife you fool. any cick can stay married he just has to stay a silent cuck.

roomfor1moreroomfor1moreabout 12 years ago
Dry and boring

The title and the tag line got my attention to read the story. However, after the few paragraphs it lost me. The writing lacked any creativity and was quite plain. A bit more thought and a bit more editing this would have been an outstanding story.

DunaDunaabout 12 years ago
Relative faithfulness

The relative faithfulness can hold alive a marriage because it is a short time event the guilty could help to forgive to other spouse as in this story. I think the ideal the absolute faithful spouses and this is the best for the children well being, but we have to look at the extramarital statistic figures (wives 55% husbands 65%) and the relative faithfulness may be working thing sometime. Some people in their second/third marriage became decent spoues, but some people will be never able to became decent spouses (perhaps after 55-60 years old time).

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 12 years ago
A logical thinking man...

finds a solution to a sticky problem.

Not many men are willing to be so forgiving and loving.

I liked the story... Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Creative

Just when I think there are no new plot twists in the cheating wives genre, this one shows up. Well done (and I can see this as a realistic solution).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Editing

Could use some editing as there were several errors. Example, using "Alice" for "Ann" a couple of times. Enjoyable otherwise.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous