The Seeker and the Source Pt. 01

Story Info
He captures her.
4.9k words
4.69
18.2k
39

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/09/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*** Author's note:

This is the first time I've written a story, and I'm still learning how this website works. This originally started as a story for myself after I got tired of seeing stories written and abandoned by some authors on this site. I understand though, sometimes story plot lines aren't what you want or you want to change and you can't because you've posted it. Plus writers block is a bitch.

This story definitely is based around themes from Tolkien, D&D, and Bethesda.

Actually I did start with using the names and places within Elder Scrolls lore as placeholders before things started developing into its own world naturally. Lastly, the characters are all made up and the world they are in is completely fictional from my brain.

I do also read a lot of the stories on this site, so there might be some overlap in my writing as what I've read has heavily inspired this.

This first chapter is more to establish the plot and characters. With no sex.

Depending on audience reception, I will post part 2 soon.

Anyways without further ado

***************************************

The world lit up in screams. Panting, Aurelia deftly moved through trees trying to ignore the screams behind her. Screams of the men and women protecting her.

Aurelia had been roughly woken up by her mentor, Augustes, when the attack started. Aurelia scrambled out of her bed roll, Augustes grabbed her tiny hands in his calloused big ones and ran with her.

They were flanked from behind by a few of the rangers and mages in the camp while the rest had remained to distract. It was vital they did this, to keep her alive.

Men and women had fallen behind her. Their bodies, brought down by the sharp shot of Elven arrows. A ranger fell with a gargled grunt.

Aurelia glanced behind her to catch a glimpse of the man she recognized as Uriel, with an arrow lodged in his throat. Blood spurting out of his mouth as he suffocated slowly. His face twisted in agony before it went still with death.

Aurelia shut her eyes from the scene and continued being dragged through the forested woods of Kravalia. These were familiar woods she had crossed many times with her camp. They were constantly on the move and while at a different time these surroundings would have been pleasant and inviting, they only felt ominous and threatening.

Guilt wracked inside Aurelia's mind knowing that her camp had sacrificed themselves for her. The few surviving members stopped briefly to discuss strategy.

They agreed to split up hoping to confuse their pursuers. Augustes, her mentor, was to leave with Aurelia as the group agreed to meet up again in some hideout near the base of the Kravalian Rockies.

Together they stumbled through the woods westward away from the path the Elves were taking.

###

He paused briefly allowing a few of his men to catch up with him. The rest were ransacking the little camp she was stationed at. He had to hand it to the humans, when he had ambushed the camp they somehow provided a large scale resistance to prevent him from capturing her. Not strong enough though.

He thought of the puny men and women scrambling for their weapons as his men charged in. Many had actually put up a good fight before going down. It was a testament to their resilience that they managed to distract him long enough for her to be whisked away.

There was no way he was letting her go though.

He stopped as he came upon the path and sniffed the air. She was close, he could feel it. They had spent months traversing the Kravalian forests tracking her camp. His hardened emerald green eyes scanned the divergent path that they took. He closed his eyes focusing on his senses. He knew exactly what he was looking for, the soft flickering heart, the sound of pulsing blood rushing through her veins as she ran further from him. His Seeker senses told him that she took neither path.

His face twisted into a dark scowl. He could feel her footsteps through the forest, her own divine energies basically calling out to him. Worried that this was some bit of human trickery he broke his men up into three groups, sending the first and second down the two paths. He turned and sprinted westward into the woods. His boots stomping down the path after his intended.

###

A deep booming voice barked out orders that Aurelia couldn't quite make out due to their distance. She prayed silently that they hadn't noticed that they had split into three groups instead of two.

At that moment the other two were running down two branching paths while Augustes had chosen to navigate the forest with her.

Her heart pounded as they tumbled through trees and branches. It felt like they had been running for hours. Her lungs felt like they were on fire. She knew she didn't have the energy to keep running for much longer. She felt her mentor squeeze her hand and glance back at her, giving an encouraging look. But his face shifted to horror as the sound of an arrow whizzing by her ear letting them know that they had been spotted.

Augustes slowed himself down. Aurelia frantically looked at her mentor urging him to continue with her.

"Go child, flee while I distract them. The base is just two days north of here, the others will be there."

Aurelia hesitated but before she could respond in protest her mentor shoved her away. His actions made his decision on the matter final. Aurelia scrambled to her feet and bolted away. Blood pounded in her ears as she sprinted through the darkness. She needed to break their chase on her. Find a way to the base.

Her eyes burned with tears thinking of the mentor she left behind. She couldn't let his sacrifice be in vain. She quickly glanced back to see if she could spy her mentor. The forest was too dark but she could make out the faint charges of magic coming from the direction she came from before finally the sounds of clashing metal. She staggered, leaning against a tree to catch her breath.

Everyone is dying to keep you out of their hands, she thought willing herself to keep running. If they catch you, they will torture you for your abilities.

You are the Source, great power has been gifted to you by the gods. The Elves desire that power for themselves to subjugate all humans. These words echoed in her brain from her image and mentor.

Augustes, her mentor, had drilled in her from birth the prophecy behind her.

She was a gift from the gods, to the race of man to deliver them from the elves who wish to enslave the human population. She could bring peace to Beria and end a war that's lasted a Millennia. The Elves wanted to use her abilities to increase their control and win the war.

She wouldn't let them which only meant that they would kill her once they found that out.

"There she is! I've spotted her" came a voice in the distance.

Aurelia inhaled a deep breath and continued her sprint. She couldn't let them catch her. She wouldn't.

Her own legs buckled beneath her from the exertion threatening to collapse. Her nails dug into her palms, jolting her back into focus and easing the pressure on her legs. She strained her ears to listen for the sound of possible attackers, the Elves that chased her now. She knew if they caught her it would most certainly mean death for her.

Aside from her own thundering heartbeat and light thuds of her boots against the dirt she could hear nothing. Where are they? Did I outrun them? Somehow she knew there was little possibility of that.

"Here pretty, pretty girl" Came a whistle just off to her side.

They were cat calling her.

"You sure it's a woman? She's awful small for a human, could be a child."

"Doesn't matter so long as she's female"

"I wouldn't go that way, little human..."

That's when it hit her. No, it really hit her. Up until now she had been staring at the ground, willing herself not to look back at the chattering goons. She hadn't thought to keep track of what or who was ahead. With that, she ran into a large body. The impact caused her to fall backwards. Staring up at the large cloaked figure before her.

"Well, well, well look what we have here" said the figure.

Aurelia quickly pushed herself back onto her feet. She tried reaching down for her dagger, that she kept neatly sheathed away in her trousers before she felt a swift kick to her stomach that sent her peeling over again. She gasped and clutched her stomach, feeling as though her lungs had popped from the sheer force of the kick.

"Your highness, she's unguarded, the humans aren't stupid enough to leave the Source unguarded."

That's cause you killed my guard you asshole she thought as tears welled into her eyes, at the thought of her lost mentor.

"I think she was guarded." Said the figure like he read her mind.

"We've either killed them or scattered them"

The figure crouched down in front of her and she felt strong hands reach to grab her wrist and pry it away from her aching abdomen.

In the midst of her agony she forgot to ball up her hands to hide her palms from her attacker. Big mistake. Panicking, she tried to pull her hand back from the large thick leather glove that now encircled her wrist. Hoping, no, praying that it was too dark for the figure to see the distinct marking in the shape of infinite that otherwise graced both her palms. Another gift from the Gods.

After looking at her palm briefly, the figure spoke again "shame they weren't guarding you better, you're such a prize, precious thing that you are. I would have defended you with my life and done a much better job at it" he sneered.

His words sent a shiver up Aurelia's spine. Hot tears streamed down her face, cool from the night's air. The other soldiers were quick around her tying her hands behind in leather bindings before they stood back up, putting more space between them and the figure in front of her.

The figure pulled off his large black leather glove and reached out towards her face with a shadow covered hand.

She flinched, dreading her incoming death at his hand. To her surprise the hand began to caress her cheek, brushing away tears with his thumb.

This act stunned her so much that she didn't see his other arm snake behind her back. By the time she felt his arm on her back, the hand stroking her cheek pressed her forehead. He leaned in close, brushing his warm cheek against hers to whisper into her ears.

"Sleep" he purred.

She fell back into his arm as darkness took her.

####

Aurelia woke up in a haze. she slowly blinked away the heavy mental fog of sleep as she stared at the sky, no not sky- ceiling. She was indoors. Sun streamed in from a nearby barred window. She lay there recounting the events that led her to this room and slowly, peeled back the blankets to examine her stomach. She was dressed in a pale cream tunic that went well past her knees, obviously made for a man far larger than she, as the neckline nearly encircled her shoulders.

She gingerly pushed the fabric back and gasped at the sight of her naked body, aside from a few scratches there was a large deep purple bruise where she had been kicked, but on a whole, her body was clean. Someone had washed her which made her cheeks flush a bright crimson. She slowly sat up and examined the room. It was warm, the bed she laid on pushed into a corner, a pretty looking ornate table stood close by her bed, on this table held an equally beautiful pitcher and cup.

Beside the table was a comfy looking chair with a thick plush seat that matched the table. A fire crackled in a hearth just beyond the table but other than those few furnishings, the room was bare. The walls wooden and of remarkable construction, were empty save for the window with bars in front of it. Likely to prevent any occupants in this room from escaping.

Aurelia spied the door. She eased out of bed, and quietly moved toward the door. Reaching down to turn the knob she held her breath.

Locked, of course, why wouldn't it be? Growling, she slammed her fist into the door angry. She didn't care who would hear. Just then the door swung open forcing Aurelia to scramble back to the bed in a panic. A tall wide set man paused, as if to examine what transpired in the room prior to him barging in, before he closed the door behind him. My captor, at last.

She gazed at the impossibly tall, heavy-set elf in front of her, studying his features. The man was the very picture of godly beauty. He had golden tan skin, he wore black leather trousers with light golden detailing and a pale cream tunic similar to the one she was currently wearing.

Except his tunic stretched on his body showing creases at the muscles that rippled beneath. His arms matched the similar strong physique of his body as short sleeves of his tunic revealed the biceps beneath. His straight icy pale blond hair was shoulder length, braided in various places. Protruding out of his hair were the characteristic sharp Elven ears.

Partway between the tip and the lobe of his right ear were three earrings that looped to the back, each featuring a different gemstone toward the center.

Aurelia's eyes roamed over the features of his handsome looking face. Sharp angles and high cheekbones formed around piercing emerald green eyes that stared at her, showing no hint of emotion that she could immediately read. She begrudgingly had to admit to herself that he was gorgeously handsome in a refined way.

Closing the door behind him, he stalked towards her like a predator approaching his prey. She felt herself back up slowly, eyes wide in unease, until she felt her spine press against the wall. Reaching out to a jug of water on a nearby table he poured a cup of water. He held the cup toward her,

"Drink", the words formed a demand from a man unused to his command not being followed.

She reacted first with confusion, processing the request in her mind before scowling, and smacking the cup right out of his hand. Water splashed over him as the cup was sent clattering to the ground.

"I'm not thirsty" she hissed back at him in a low parched tone, giving away the truth behind the matter. But, she was not going to accept anything from her captor.

His facial features twisted into shock at her reaction, a hint of anger flashed briefly in his eyes before he shifted to a more neutral expression. He sauntered lazily over to the cup and refilled it up with water before setting it down by the bed.

She did not have time to gauge what his next move would be before he sat in bed next to her and his thick arm wrapped around her waist with ease, pinning her arms to her sides and pressing down on a yellowing bruise, pulled her into his lap. She struggled somewhat helplessly against his grip, wincing at the pain emanating from her injury. Her back to him, he pressed his face into her neck as if to inhale her.

"That was not a question" he said as he grabbed the cup and held it to her lips.

She resisted initially until she felt the cool wetness slide down her parched throat. She willed herself to sit still in his grasp and drink from his hand.

"Better?" he asked easing his grip on her very slightly.

She didn't want to answer him, she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction, choosing instead to squirm around in his grasp. He tsked as if she were a child misbehaving, and using his free hand he stroked her hair.

"Aurelia this will be easier on both of us if you did not fight me."

She stiffened at the sound of her name. His tone was almost comforting which didn't sound right coming from him. Not especially since he was so forceful prior to this.

The petting continued for a few minutes as he hummed softly into her ears in what felt like a sick attempt to soothe her. She felt an uneasy wave of calm rush through her that she struggled to suppress. Her hands stretched at her sides to find the familiar dagger that she usually kept to her thighs.

"You obviously don't have that anymore" he sighed.

She closed her eyes and sighed, fighting at the tears threatening her soft eyes. She wondered why he bothered to give her water. Why take care of her needs at all if he was just going to kill her. Drawing in a sharp breath she furrowed her brow and said in a quiet voice.

"You should just kill me now."

He paused his gentle stroking as if contemplating her words, when really what he felt was more akin to shock. He hadn't anticipated her reaction to be like this. Fighting sure, but giving up her life? Why does she think I intend to kill her?

He had just spent the last year and a half leading his men deep past enemy lines, trudging through swamp, forest, and mountain just to find her. The mission to find her was one of critical importance.

"Why would I kill you?" After all it took just to get you.

Aurelia slowly opened her eyes and inhaled deeply, calming her nerves. His warm musky scent filled her nose as she did.

"I have no intention to use my powers to help you gain victory over my people, no matter what you threaten or what you do, so you may as well kill me now" She explained in a cold even tone.

He decided to tease her for her ignorance, making her feel uncomfortable.

"Oh but you don't wish that do you? Not when you have so much life to live". He emphasized life in an insinuating manner while his tone dripped in a sickly sweet honey, masking a deadly venom behind.

"Fine, torture me then and see for yourself."

He paused listening to her small fluttering breaths before continuing.

"No, I don't intend to do that to you, you are the Source after all." he said calmly changing his teasing tone to that of one conveying the truth. Not after all the effort it took just to get you.

In truth it was a real feat that Men have managed to keep her hidden from Elves for so long. His people have been searching for her for many years. He had been searching for many years.

He glanced at the face of the young woman in his arms. Despite using his own Seeker abilities to project a soothing aura, he could tell she was frightened and confused by his words.

"I know the prophecy, you intend to use my powers to win the war against my people and enslave them." came a choked voice of faltering bravery.

He stopped when she said that, he analyzed the moment. Does she know the prophecy? Obviously not or not entirely, did the mages keep her unaware of the full extent?

He could tell he was only frightening her more. He didn't want to. At that moment all he wanted was to pull her closer and reassure her that she was safe with him. Now that I have you I will need to practice this calming aura more around you.

Where her Source abilities could affect everyone, his Seeker abilities were tailored specifically for her. One of these abilities, as he learnt recently, was his Calm Aura. He could feel it the minute he held her in the forest. Like a gentle mist flowing through the area around him, meant only for her.

He pondered over his response, "You don't know much about the prophecy, do you little one?"

He glanced down at the delicate creature in his arms. Her beautiful wavy black hair stood out against her pale creamy skin, her eyes a dancing shade of hazel. The soft petite features of her face gave way to a graceful neck, her soft round breasts pressed against his tunic that she wore, which barely hid the beautiful curve of her hips. She had stopped struggling and was now leaning into him. Her body, already responding to him, not just from the touch but from what he was to her. Even if she didn't see it yet. She was exquisite, binding to her made all the more sweet by the alluring temptation of her body. He held her closer allowing the Calm to envelop her fully.

"I know the prophecy well enough, I am a Source, the blood of the greater gods run through my veins. Your people wish to use me and my powers to win this war and enslave all humans" she said with conviction giving a half hearted struggle to test his grip. It was clear to her that he wasn't going to let go of her anytime soon, the man was like a stone wall. Towering over her like one too.

12