The Seeker and the Source Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hmmm? Oh yes, I've sent for clothing to be made available to you by the time we reach shore in a few days. Don't worry you won't be leaving this cabin without something proper to wear. A few men will be riding to shore to retrieve it for you so you have my word." He said the last bit when he sensed the concern she had over having to wear the tunic to shore.

"And in the meantime?"

"And in the meantime, I personally like how you look in my tunics" He answered cheekily, casting a mischievous wink.

Before Aurelia could find a retort, there came a knock at the door.

A servant came sweeping in again, smiling and curtseying at the prince but just like the last one, ignored Aurelia's presence.

After the servant had set the table and left, they sat down to enjoy their meal. Dinner was a delicious beef roast covered in gravy on top of mashed potatoes with stewed vegetables on the side. Aurelia savored the taste, the meat was so tender, it melted in her mouth. The prince took note of how much more she relished her meals with him.

After dinner they settled into their bed with Illandriil's arm tucked around her.

"Next time at least let me know if someone else is coming in here, I don't want anymore surprise visits."

"There won't be anymore anyways veela. I doubt Osdon wants to be put through that ordeal again." he replied laughing at the memory of Osdon's scrunched up face as he described her behaviour.

"Well at least let me know, and tell them to knock, so I'm not caught indisposed" she said, surprised at the mirth he found in what happened.

"My apologies, many on this ship still believe you to be my little prisoner."

"What am I then to you, if I am not your prisoner?" Asked Aurelia, clearly taken aback by his statement.

"As I said before, you are to be my mate" he answered matter-of-factly.

Aurelia shot him a puzzled look, unsure if he was still telling the truth on that or not. But before she could say anything in response his lips met hers sweeping her into a deep kiss. Aurelia closed her eyes, giving into his kiss. His mouth opened tempting her into exploring him in the way he had explored her many times before.

He smiled before sweeping his hands in a motion to magically snuff out the candles in the room, bringing the cabin to darkness. He felt her body stiffen and shift closer to him before they both settled in to fall asleep.

###

Aurelia woke up in the middle of the night, she rolled over trying to fall back asleep. This was when she realized that she was alone in bed. A deep pit of fear and dread bellowed in her chest as she rushed to the floor and pulled on his tunic. She paused at the door remembering how she had been locked up previously.

Silently praying to herself she twisted the handle and felt the door slide open. She didn't have time to celebrate her success. Aurelia found herself in the hallway of a creaking ship, candled sconces dimly lit up the hallway. Turning right she walked through the first door she saw straight ahead. She opened it and stood in the frame of the doors.

The night sky was dotted with stars and the twin moons of Beria shone brightly down on the deck of the ship. Elves strolled along the deck performing various ship related duties. None of them seemed to notice the barely clothed, wild-eyed human standing behind them. Just beyond them was the ocean. It was pitch black, like the cabin, like it had swallowed up all the stars and moons that night and reflected back only the darkness.

Aurelia shivered as a cool night breeze blew against her cheek. Just as she was about to step out she felt a sensation in her heart that told her that was the wrong way. She turned around to head in the opposite direction. It was like her bind was telling her how to find him. She could sense his presence. She walked down the hallway past her cabin doors, moving faster and faster that she almost broke out into a sprint before she stood in front of the door. He was behind that door, she knew it.

She grabbed the handle and pushed herself in quickly. She was wide-eyed with panic staring around the room.

Illandriil was not alone.

In the room stood a large round table with various scrolls, maps and papers scattered around it. The prince on the side looking shocked at the sudden intrusion of his mate. Aurelia quickly glanced around the room, taking note of the familiar faces she's seen thus far, the prince's second in command she presumed, other members she'd seen wandering about his army, Osdon.

Besides them, there were two unfamiliar Elves that caught her eye.

Towards the centre of the table was an older looking elf who looked about as tall and regal as the prince. He had amber elven eyes and long smooth pale blond hair with gray streaks running through, that betrayed his age. Beside him was a younger she-elf who looked more wise beyond her years, she shared the prince's deep emerald eyes and regal facial features. They both looked at Aurelia with both shock and disdain at her presence in their private meeting. Aurelia didn't care, she didn't want to be sent back to her room alone. Not to the dark.

Illandriil was the first to regain his composure as he eyed the terrified etched on his Source's beautiful face. Gauging the meaning of her sudden outburst. And why did she-?

Illandriil's eyes widened with understanding before resuming an impassive stare. Of course! It made sense, she was a being of pure light, it should have been obvious that she was afraid of the dark. How did I miss this? He thought as he ran through memories of every other time he's slept with Aurelia. Warm wonderful memories of her breathing lightly against him peacefully.

She would be sleeping after he woke and be asleep until the sun shone through her window. Thinking further back to the nights she spent by herself in the first few days. She always had a fire going in the fireplace. Why not? After all, the weather was chilly enough for it. It was on the boat, when he sensed it. Her body stiffened against him as he put out the cabin candles at night.

He shook his head as if to brush off her intrusion.

"Excuse me" he said dully to the other elves in the room before he gracefully walked over to the frightened tiny figure in front of them and swept her into his arms.

His hand reached down to cradle her soft butt allowing her head to rest on his shoulder, her mouth achingly close to his neck.

"I'm sorry little one, I should have known you were afraid of the dark." He breathed silently in her ear, rubbing her back. She was a creature of light, it made sense for her to be scared of the dark.

"We can table this discussion for later, I will call you all back when I am done dealing with this." He said flatly turning his head to look back.

He felt his mate stiffen at the way he referred to her actions. He didn't want to betray any affectional weakness towards the human in front of them. He couldn't afford to look weak where Aurelia was concerned. His uncle especially.

The other Elves nodded in affirmation. The female rolled her eyes. Illandriil pretended that he hadn't seen his cousin's obvious disdain for his new mate. He turned back and walked out the door, back to their cabin.

###

He placed her down in their bed sitting down on the side, waving his hands to illuminate the room.

"How do you do that? Asked Aurelia.

"Hmm? Oh the spell. It's a basic candle lighting spell. I assume your abilities could let you do it with ease without having to cast a spell at all." he replied, drawing her into his arms, and lying back into bed so that she lay on top of him with her head pressed against his chest.

"I don't know how my abilities work."

Aurelia's admission to him came as a shock. He had seen her use it a few times, seeing her control minds, gaze into thoughts, ...inflict pain.

As if reading his mind she continued "-what I know now, are things that I learnt on my own. When I was in the ca-" she paused realizing she was about to divulge sensitive information.

Shaking her head she continued "My mentor never wanted to teach me, he was even hesitant to teach me basic spells. I assume most people were just afraid." Her voice sounded pained talking about her mentor. Regret flashed quickly through Illandriil's face at the mention of her mentor.

She wanted to ask him about what became of her mentor, but she was too afraid that she wouldn't like the answer. Despite what he had planned to do with her for the sake of the prophecy, she still felt an attachment toward him. Like a child and a parent.

"Well if you promise to go to sleep now, I can show you in the morning"

Aurelia shook her head. She wasn't ready to go to sleep yet. She had one more question she really wanted to ask.

"Tell me more about the binding ceremony."

He glanced at the ceiling in contemplation.

"If it helps you fall back to sleep." he said in a conceding tone of voice that hinted that he was a little annoyed before continuing to say:

"In Faën Society the binding ceremony is a way for married Elves to achieve a deeper connection with one another. Elves live for a long time and after many years of marriage many seek to strengthen their bond to each other. They use this binding ceremony is a way to increase the power of that bond. "

"I had the feeling described to me once a long time ago like being in sync with another being. Having another extension to your own existence. The bind can strengthen and grow allowing couples to achieve a more heightened awareness. There are a few Elven couples who can even hear the thoughts of the other. Should a long enough time pass then even in death, some Elves are still able to speak to their partner."

"It's so invasive though" She paused before adding; "and painful" shuddering at the memory. The idea seemed eerie to her too. Having no privacy to your own thoughts. She didn't want to think about what it would be like to have him reading her thoughts.

"Yes, while there is usually a mage present when couples bind themselves, your abilities make you" he let out a strained sigh focusing on his calm "harder to subdue. We needed more mages, to allow me to harness your abilities better, weaving a tighter bond."

Aurelia stiffened.

"And the dagger?" She winced as she remembered the feeling of the dagger piercing her palm.

A few minutes of silence passed, Aurelia snapped up onto her arms so that her chest was slightly lifted from his body. Trapping him in a weak version of the arm cage he usually put her in.

"Tell me!" she demanded, growing distressed by the long silence. Hating the feeling that secrets were being kept from her. All her life, the mages had kept secrets from her, that was the last thing she wanted him to do. It infuriated her.

Illandriil sighed, realizing she wasn't going to sleep any time soon until she was placated. He used his feet to kick off his boots and knock them to the floor. It was obvious to him that he was going to be there for awhile.

"Shhhhh. I'm thinking." He hushed and with ease, he broke her feeble little arm cage and gathered her into his arms. He pondered his response as he stroked her hair. He felt her body relax into him as she became less agitated. He was grateful for the calming aura he could project around her. He tucked her head under his chin. He enjoyed the feel of her silky locks slipping through his fingers in soft waves. He didn't want to hurt her further through lying.

"We needed to bind together more than just our sexual essence. The ceremony is supposed to mingle our whole existence together. Which means our blood, our life essence, must come together as well."

The feeling of his hands running through her hair and down her back felt soothing. Pressed against him she felt a different sort of desire. One that pulled her to him made her long to be with him.

"Wait you said married couples. We're not married are we?" Aurelia asked, concerned he might have secretly married her against her will. Something she wouldn't have put past him to do.

"No, my veela. Would you like to marry me?" He asked coyly.

Aurelia stiffened against him. NO I MOST DEFINITELY DO NOT WANT TO MARRY YOU she screamed in her head. Oh but who was she kidding? Her whole body seemed to sing the minute he suggested it.

"Vee-la" She said testing the feel of the word on her mouth.

"What does veela mean?"

Illandriil allowed her change the topic, having left his question unanswered. At least she hadn't said no.

He thought about his answer for awhile. There wasn't an exact translation for the word in Common. It was more like a feeling, compliment and lustful promise rolled into one.

"Veela means beautiful treasured one in Olde Fey." He explained settling on that as the best explanation he could come up with.

"I have to go back to my meeting." he said glumly, breaking the silence.

"It's too early the sun isn't even up." Aurelia sleepily yawned, blinking back sleep from her eyes.

"Elves don't need as much sleep as you." he replied, repeating the fact he told his cousin earlier. "Now get to sleep before I end up doing other things in bed with you" he growled rubbing his hardening bulge into her lower back.

Her breath skipped as she felt his manhood pressed into her back. A warm feeling of desire radiated from her sex. She shut her eyes as he chuckled at the effect his actions had on her. She pushed out all intimate thoughts she had about him, forcing herself back to sleep.

He waited until he was certain she had drifted back off to sleep. He gently eased himself out of her embrace before slipping his boots back on. He bent down to give her a chaste kiss on her cheek before he left, leaving the dimly lit cabin.

###

Aurelia stood in Illandriil's embrace, leaning forward in his arms. Her brow knit together in concentration on lighting the candle placed on the table in front of her. She was busy picturing the flame growing on the candle. How the flames felt, their flicker and color. She slowly took her hands through the spell motions, her arms moved stiffly like one learning the movements to a new dance. She frowned in disappointment when she didn't get the effect that she intended. She sighed. They had been at this for the past two hours with little progress.

"You were close, my veela" Illandriil murmured, his face close to her temples. She could feel the silken tips of his pale blond hair brush against her slightly exposed shoulder. His closeness made it hard for Aurelia to concentrate, completely aware of her body's inappropriate reactions to his presence. He pressed his body closer to her. She could feel his stiffness against the small of her back.

He picked up on his affect on her and now was just enjoying himself.

He held her wrist to guide her hands through the motions whispering the silent spell-bound words into her ears again before releasing her hands to let her try again. He couldn't help but grin when he felt her subtle disappointment when he let go of her hands. Whether she recognized it herself or not was another question. Did it matter though? For now he was content just to have her in his arms.

Aurelia closed her eyes, breathing in the words of the spell he had whispered to her. Pulling her hands through the same motions picturing the flame on its wick.

"Good job little one"

Aurelia opened her eyes and gasped.

"I did it?" asking the rather redundant question as she stared at the flickering flame on the tall candle stick. She felt the thick arms of her Elven mate tighten around her in a slightly crushing hug of excitement. She glanced up. Illandriil's face was glowing with pride. She blushed angrily, feeling patronized by the Elf's over excitement for such a small magic trick.

"You did! I am so proud of you little human."

She pushed herself away from him, hating the condescension in his tone. Illandriil caught her at the last second and pulled her back to face him. He frowned at her, wondering what had caused her sudden outburst. In his mind he had celebrated an accomplishment, trivial as it may be it was quite impressive to have pulled off the spell as quickly as she had.

"What's the matter? That was good!" He reassured.

"Sure, I bet for a weak human" Aurelia cut back.

"Yes, it was very good, even by Elf standards and you're just a human"

Aurelia rolled her eyes at him, she wondered if he could hear himself speak. Her heart sank as she remembered the conversation he had with his cousin. Suddenly everything suddenly felt wrong. The nights they spent together wrapped in each other's arms, his affection, teaching her magic. Everything was one big fat lie done to placate her. He didn't care about her. He's only 'doing his duty.' How could she allow herself to actually develop feelings for him, forgetting what he really was.

"Stop treating me like I'm fucking inferior for being fucking human. We may not live as long as you or grow as freakishly tall as you" gesturing up and down his body as she said this.

"Oh don't start this please." He said rolling his eyes, cutting her off.

"Humans are an aggressive, violent and backwards race."

"You're the one who stormed my camp, you killed those people. Seems to me like you're violent ones!" Aurelia looked away as soon as those words left her mouth, not wanting to show the pain in her eyes when she thought of the people who were slain that night. Dead because of her.

Illandriil stared at her infuriated but unable to think of a response. His finger up in the air as the last remnants of what would have been his response. He wanted to argue that he spared those who did not fight back, the men, women and children who did not take up arms against them. But he doubted that it mattered in this moment.

She was right, he had killed those that did. Not him personally, but he was the one who gave the order to let no one stand between them. He thought to himself, sadly reminding himself of the circumstance that brought her here.

They were just as guilty of violence.

"Gods" he cursed under his breath as he ran his hand through his hair, realization of what she had said fully dawning on him.

"I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss." he started, grabbing her chin to force his human to look up at him as he spoke.

"But you would have died if I had not found you when I did. They would have eventually sacrificed you. Not today, nor tomorrow but they would have soon. I am your Seeker, it is my job to find and protect you, it's the very reason I exist." He pressed her delicate hand to his chest where his heart was and continued.

"Aurelia, my heart beats only for you. "

"Stop lying to me" Aurelia said in a soft, cold, empty tone

"You only care about winning this war and you know that my powers give you that ability. We both know you're doing this out of duty to your people, so let's not kid ourselves." Aurelia elaborated coldly.

Of course she had understood his conversation with Cerrella. Despite the intensity of the moment he felt a little impressed by this.

Aurelia winced at his painful grip. He immediately loosened his grip he had unknowingly tightened, letting out a breath he had unknowingly held.

"I saw how you were last night, I was a burden to you. Your don't want me around and you don't even want to be with me." Aurelia couldn't help the tears streaming into her eyes as she said this. The hurt and uncertainty feeling all too real in this moment.

Damnit woman, I do want you. I want you so much it hurts.

Without really thinking his next words through, he spoke out loud.

"Aurelia I love you."


12