All Comments on 'The Senator'

by 012Say

Sort by:
  • 185 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

I liked the ending!

5

mmbny47mmbny475 months ago

A husband with morals, honesty and self worth. Awesome. Please keep writing!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

Well done ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

johntcookseyjohntcooksey5 months ago

I like the open ending and all it implies. Audience participation. Well done. Thanks much.

mac1729mac17295 months ago

Nicely done. You can never take a politician at their word and make one a cheating wife as well. What did she expect from him total trust ...HAH!!

Thanks for writing

Theakston58Theakston585 months ago

Excellent beginning! Well bought out and well written. Unfortunately it isn’t complete which in my simplistic view of literature means unfinished which in my opinion takes it from a strong five stars to an almost three. Either you couldn’t be bothered to complete your work, or you couldn’t come up with an ending. Then again, maybe this was your attempt at “February Sucks”… 2*

statestreetstatestreet5 months ago

Well done story. I'll go out on a limb and assume Doris is a lawyer by training. In these stories lawyers tend to be very good at molding reality to fit their needs and politicians play the perception game best of all. John is a sleaze, plain and simple. *****

kelchakelcha5 months ago

A first requirement for political office is to be a psychopath.

4*

I prefer a story have an ending.

BriteaseBritease5 months ago

good story. I often wonder when readers complain that stories like this need ending, that they simply lack imagination,

swfb70swfb705 months ago

was glad to see that you gave the hubby a set of gonies

Tiger27Tiger275 months ago

Well done!

That's psychopath and former used car salesman.

mathur_nkmathur_nk5 months ago
No it is not open. Senator and her l9ver are novice.

It is not open. The stupidity of the Senator and his lover gave a total upper hand to the husband. With husband having fool proof facts that she did not leave John, the marriage is over and same with her political carrier.

In fact the Senator is stupid in first place. She should have made a business interest for her husband, may be in other state, which is dependent on her influence in administration. So that even if she crosses the line, the husband has lot to lose if divorce happens. Without that, stakes were high only for her. Even without this trouble women have adverse chances of being a successful politician. With all her high political stakes put in a glass house, any one can throw a stone on the glass house and walk away. Whatever he loses, is nothing compared to her.

Even when caught, she did not reset what was going on.

She still believed the laoser John is advising him correctly when he literally and figuratively fucked her and her carrier. If she was slightly smart, she would have been atleast half sincere to her husband after that gas ligting. Also she would have offered her husband some straws to catch for his benifit while she wanted his support to save her carrier. All that she talked was about her coming out of problem. Nothing for husband was offered. She was stupid to believe John that husband would save her and then things can go as usual without any gain for himself.

Surely if the spouses can talk to each other coming out of influence of any third person, not only marriage but also political carriers can be saved, in fact taken higher. Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton are its examples. Not only they saved their marriage but also, Bill completed his full two terms, Hillary served as Secretary of States and also ran for President. Monica Luinski can run for her $35 per hour jigs somewhere. But things have to be for "both" not for "me".

sdc97230sdc972305 months ago

Not going to say it isn't finished - that's the author's choice - but it is missing my favorite part of stories like this, the "just desserts" that befall the cheaters after they're exposed.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Ending seemed seriously truncated. I get ending with the statement by the husband, but the simple words were just that, too simple for a passion laced situation. 3.8*

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

loved it, but it needed more. 5 stars, the Bear hates politicians. Term limits, anyone??

The BEAR

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_bye5 months ago

Interesting and amusing, especially as once the adultery is revealed to the press that the fourth leg of gov't was not hot on her tail. Maybe that's why the press really had no questions following his revelation of the divorce. Of course, in these days with all the real shenanigans happening without consequence, perhaps it's a big "ho hum".

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

That story needed more of the Q&A to feel complete and give at least some closure... way too much promise, and there was a lot of it, snuffed out. Give us a few Q&A interactions with the husband, maybe the wife storming off leaving him continuing the Q&A until there was a mad rush of writers trying to be first to press or post online. Finally an epilogue on how the press coverage vilified the wife and campaign manager, how their careers were ruined/removed from office and then tabloid press/opposition parties piled on with "revenge porn" surveillance footage until they had to hide away to escape the coverage... finding their "romance and love" was misguided enthusiasm for the challenge of becoming president.

Maybe end with one of the political parties offering the husband a chance to run for office and him telling them to fuck off.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

that could have been really good... disappointed in the ending but thanks for sharing.

numbnutz49numbnutz495 months ago

The story was just beginning and the main character's personality sure hinted to the statement he made at the end. Hopefully, the author will continue this, or some other author of note will do the logical thing. What's next for Hillary Cl ... Oops!

secretsalsecretsal5 months ago

Open endings mostly work when there's enough substance already in the story to make the hypothesising interesting for the reader. This was a little too bare-bones to warrant the treatment imo. Wasn't invested enough in the characters to really be concerned about what happened. Shame, because the writing style is quite good.

njlaurennjlauren5 months ago

The one problem with the story is we know that her having an affair wouldn't matter in the current climate, there are no consequences for bad acts by pols.

imhaplessimhapless5 months ago

Original -- I like original 5*

FD45FD455 months ago

You have foolishly touched a culture hot button issue. One needs only look to California or a certain island for this to… raise questions.

/

I understand you hoped to avoid this by being generic. Know what you find in the middle of the road? Flat opossums.

/

But this wasn’t the biggest sin: it IS an intriguing premise that just petered out. There is a story here but it wasn’t told

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot19595 months ago

Five stars. Legitimate discussion as to whether there is enough on which to build a continuation. My belief is that there is at least enough for both short and long continuations (before reading any of either, I vote for the longer versions).

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Great story fine political statement's (non party affiliated) by her! Love it 5*.

Hopefully someone will add to the ending!

uga2001uga20015 months ago

I would love a part two to this story. I would like to see the fallout and she realize that her marriage is important to fight for even after the papers are served. How would he react and would he be willing to try or would he stick to the divorce route.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

I gave it 5*****! because you got my blood pressure up. I really hate that wife. Good writing.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ5 months ago

Shouldn't have even considered reconciliation but he handled it right in the end. Trust but verify. She thought he was stupid. He can go find a better woman and maybe reconsider having kids. They will ground you and give you real purpose.

MasterKoteMasterKote5 months ago

Too short for me

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

I'd have liked a little more detail in the actual statements made. Her groveling to the press and then his statement. But for that a decent story

012Say012Say5 months agoAuthor

I agree with @njlauren - the likelihood is that there would be no public accountability. My preferred ending got into the political - which is rightly unacceptable in this forum. While we tend to blame politicians for behaving as they do - yet, we continue to vote for people who do things which disappoint us - because "the other (guy or gal)" is worse. I'll see if I can find a personal ending which stays away from the political.

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

I detest politicians. The hypocrisy they practice with complete indifference is just mind boggling. This guy is lucky to be parting ways with the Senator. One point, your senator was female and will be crucified by the voters, a male senator would likely be excused as we’ve seen before (Bill Clinton, Donald Trump). Good story, thanks for sharing.

xtc5xtc55 months ago

I have never liked stories without an ending until this one. I already have names I would love to see take a shot at this. Please, Please let the ending begin and one from 012SAY as well.

jocko_smithjocko_smith5 months ago

After the setup, which I was loving, the ending seems too short. I dislike the "decide for yourself" approach. Why do the world-building and character-building, and then leave an unfinished story ? I'd rather an ending I don't like than none at all.

Rw43Rw435 months ago

The reason she likes John sooooo much is that he has “freed” her from her conscience, her sense of obligation to whatever her core principles used to be. Her husband is her connection to what she used to believe. Since she has moved on from that anchor, why would she pretend to go back?

John is her puppet master, but without principles she is now capable of even moving beyond John.

<>

Political theater, indeed.

BrentJWBrentJW5 months ago

A male Senator can walk away from that and continue on because its macho. A female politician cannot get away with that....yet. Its a double standard....obviously. i can see this in a play/theater format.

someoneothersomeoneother5 months ago

If Doris and John were that calculating, they would have known that they would be spied upon, and, if they were truly in love, they would have sacrificed themselves -- until after the elections.

Not being political, all I can say is look at the people that we are electing or trying to elect.

RTR10RTR105 months ago

Exactly how I've always wished one of those types of press conferences would end. I was thinking about The Campaign with Will Ferrell, where his wife stood by him during his sex scandal "In my lifetime I have made over 100,000 phone calls and maybe 1,000 of them are obscene. That's a very small percentage." But towards the end they are paying her to play the devoted wife. I always wonder how many political spouses are being paid to stay (and keep their mouths shut). I love that this spouse said "fuck that".

6King6King5 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dunmovynivdunmovyniv5 months ago

Too short. Left standing at a cliff……2 star

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comics5 months ago

4 stars from me, lost a star making me use my imagination on how it would end, haha. Good story.

sdc97230sdc972305 months ago

Not sure I agree about "the current political climate," because there is still very much a double standard for male and female candidates.

InfosaugerInfosauger5 months ago

I hope someone writes a short sequel about what happened to her and her lover.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash7475 months ago

Seams to me that she is only using her husband as a prop in her election endeavors while keeping her assistant as a bed partner. Sounds a lot like Bill Clinton in his statement “ I did not have sexual relations with that woman”, back in 1998.

FireFox59FireFox595 months ago

Liked this one but hated the abrupt ending.

Rocky62Rocky625 months ago

Shoulda had her blow him right up to the presser. Then at least he’d have gotten something out of the trip

Storm113Storm1135 months ago

Going well, until the end. Went to shit.

Busman19639Busman196395 months ago

This story deserves a follow up!

CDRLawCDRLaw5 months ago

Interesting! Would like to see what happens next.

Hooked1957Hooked19575 months ago

Great start... but finish the damn story.

Hooked

012Say012Say5 months agoAuthor

Alright, you have convinced me - Part 2 is finished and Part 3 will be in a day or so -

clarkgarbleclarkgarble5 months ago

Ha. Great fun. Torn from today’s headlines!

Moonbat74Moonbat745 months ago

Looking forward to your take....

jflindersjflinders5 months ago

1. I don't care for stories where the writer tries to please both the RAAC crowd and the BTB crowd by leaving the ending for the reader to fill in. Such stories seldom make sense.

2. Not being part of the RAAC crowd, it is hard for me to understand why not just one but TWO more parts (the writer in comments speaks of Part 2 and Part 3) are necessary. It doesn't take much beyond this part to describe a divorce being completed nor a political career going up in smoke. In the circumstances her continued deviousness make a true reconciliation impossible.

crazycam69crazycam695 months ago

I really enjoyed this story. I especially liked how you kept it neutral as far as the political party goes. I’m curious to see how you will be able to finish it and remain neutral. Because in the real world, we all know exactly how it will end depending on which party she’s in. If she’s a member of one party, the scandal and evidence will buried and she’ll become president and her husband will be made out to be Lucifer himself. If she’s with the other party, she’ll be practically crucified and her political career will be toast. Looking forward to the next part. 5 stars.

Diecast1Diecast15 months ago

A nice story, I enjoyed it a lot. A second chapter would be nice. AAAA++++

Omart57Omart575 months ago

Loved it! IMO the story is complete. Thanks for posting.

LWLover60LWLover605 months ago

Five stars - needs a part two and maybe more

EastCoaster1EastCoaster15 months ago

Great story, well-told !

Five stars, and looking forward to more of your work.

TrustingagainTrustingagain5 months ago

I would really enjoy seeing your take on the fallout. But from the wife’s comments I’m think that their world will not be reconciled.

KRD19254KRD192545 months ago

Missing. The leaked pictures of John going into the honorable Senators apartment that previous Thursday night and leaving Friday morning - after her declaration of marital mistake fix by firing.

\

But hell, it never hurt slick Willy, so she should be comfortable propelled into the next office. It is the new standard for USA officials - providing the DNC/MSM loves them.

\

No honor amongst political thieves - anything for a vote/buck/toss.

\

4.5***** Hooyah, salutes.... but will this become a February?

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio5 months ago

Looking forward to parts 3&4. Husband should have given the press the particulars of her weekend with John, after Doris promised it would be over as well as details of the past few months, shooting the hell out of her one night stand scenario! She blew up the marriage, now blow up her political career!

MightyheartMightyheart5 months ago

Good but needs a follow up

pugetmanpugetman5 months ago

Couple or thruple semi-random thoughts:

She’s a Senator, and presumably powerful, yet she lets John control her, or she’s lying, using her ‘entitled card’ just like powerful male pols, or possibly she isn’t actually cold/calculating and really did fall in love.

Didn’t think they’d get caught? Two words: Gary Hart.

Are an equal (or similar) percentage of entitled/powerful women promiscuous compared to men in similar positions? Equally coercive?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It won't make any difference. By this time next week another scandal will be on everyone's lips, and the Senator might have to set her sights a little lower than being the POTUS, but she'll do just fine. She'll end up as a lobbyist, or maybe a member of the cabinet, or the ambassador to the UN, or some other such nonsense. But she'll do just fine. Slime always floats to the top.

Paul, he'll be divorced, and probably start banging some honey he's had his eye on for some time. Whatever happens, he'll do okay too.

Nobody gets what they really want, but nobody really loses big either/

deependerdeepender5 months ago

Honesty and "truth" have nothing to do with it. It all comes down to Bogart's answer to Aston at the end of "The Maltese Falcon".

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago
Your Time is Worthless! Waste it Reading This!

That might’ve been a better title for your “story”.

If you are too fucking lazy to write the story, why post at all?

Perhaps an additional category should be created: Ideas For Writers

It would provide a place for people like you to put shit like this. Can’t believe I wasted more time posting this, but it really pissed me off.

What exactly did you expect when you posted this? To be praised for having an idea?

Perhaps I’m being too harsh. Allow me to offer an olive branch: If it makes you feel better, I authorize you to print my comment, frame it, and hang it with the hundreds of “Honorable Mention” and “Participant” ribbons you likely have covering your walls.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff5 months ago

A little too short for 5 *, but damn close.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is a good story. But I feel like it isn’t truely finished. I hope you write a second story or that you allow another author to continue you it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

When do you know a politician is not telling the truth, when they speak.

Great story..

Harryin VAHarryin VA5 months ago

There was a campaign manager for john mccain but I knew a john schmidt.. He now works for the lincoln group.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd25 months ago

If she was that politically motivated, she would have dumped her lover and not risked divorce the 2nd time. But she chose her lover and most likely lost it all, especially when he had proof from his PIs. So her silliness about his supposed dirty political trick wouldn't have held any water.

And John lost his career because who would want him to handle their political career when he does such poor job with this own life, getting caught twice and being part of a big lie.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

Just when it was about to get interesting, ( Litt, has an option for chain stores)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Once a liar and a cheat always a liar and a cheat. A great reason to become president.

lujon2019lujon20195 months ago

half a story gets half a score

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Imo opinion the ending is a cop out. You obviously had no idea how to finish it. It was actually a good story and then it stopped. Next time you watch a film or read a book that you enjoy stop near the end. See how that works. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was a good read Ihope you will follow it up for the revenge.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He should have held his own news conference after hers, releasing the info his PI had gathered, really burying her career.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He SHOULD HAVE come back with "And here is a date stamped photo to prove what I just said."

ChessTigerChessTiger5 months ago

Gute Story mit Knall !! erinnert an pmurt.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Senator outmanouevred so easily.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a pity it was so short, a decent read, but not really worth writing!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu5 months ago

Was this a srory.

It felt like a short tidbit from TMZ.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

An interesting premise. Obviously, this was a situation that was never going to work. Two high pressure jobs that both need the full support of a spouse. For social engagements, media/press etc. So, they both knew that their careers were diverging apart for years.

Bu the way, what was he doing for his own err... companionship? Was he a monk? This story is also one sided. If he had all that money and power, he would have already been checking regularly re her fidality. He would have known of the temptations.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Short and sweet and at the same time leaving room for followups.5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story. It needed a better set up to the ending.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Did you get bored? Whats with all these stories, great build up, then just ends abruptly.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Epilogue: Doris was dumped by John immediately. He couldn't believe how dumb this bitch truly was. Thinking he'd fallen in love with her when he only said those words to fuck her. He went on to work for a couple of successful candidates over the next few years until he was mugged outside a bar in Washington with a new congresswoman he'd be fucking who also thought she was untouchable and married. He never recovered, dying in the OR.The attackers were never caught. Doris went back to her hometown alone and tried to start over. Most guys she met wanted to fuck a slut who almost became president instead of having a relationship. She got banged a few times before she put two and two together, ending up with some STD's. She is now wiser, but alone and pathetic. When most people think of her their thought is "tough shit."

PowersworderPowersworder5 months ago

I enjoyed it, until I got to the ending and it wasn't finished.

Asking your readers to decide how a story ends is lazy and disrespectful. We committed time to reading your work, so the onus is on you to complete it in a satisfactory way.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why is every good story always ended with a non ending?

RosejaRoseja5 months ago

It about time the husband screws the cheating wife.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It left .r wanting more. Four stars for a well written piece.

JPB

mndhanson017mndhanson0175 months ago

Kind of wished for a little more at the end there, really give it a conclusion, this seems a bit abrupt

Dalton402Dalton4025 months ago

It had me hooked then it abruptly stopped mid-burn. The burn should have been so much bigger and he could have done a better job of ruining her political career.

I can only give it a 3

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Partial story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Paul's statement during the presser should have included all the details of the past few days with prepared information packets being handed out to the press. That would have removed any room for ambiguity.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user012Say@012Say
I find the LW stories fascinating. So many talented authors finding different stories in a very narrow set of circumstances. The stories which I prefer (to write) are not as black and white as some. I think living well is the best revenge. I keep looking for stories which appr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES