The Serial Predator

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, but as Ben says, you may have been played by Lance, but you still disrespected his friend, Steven. I will talk to him."

"Thanks."

Erica and Ben did socialize from time to time with Jen. It was always awkward. They also socialized with Steven. That, too, was weird, although, Steven wasn't that angry at Erica. He was a bit disappointed in her, but believed her that she tried to get Jen to stop and only kept it a secret for a few months until he figured out everything, anyway.

*****

Life at home between Erica and Ben hadn't improved. Ben was just depressed all the time and Erica didn't know what to do. She tried to spice things up in the bedroom, but couldn't get Ben interested. They did have sex about once in ten days, but it was just for Ben to get off. Erica thought that Ben was overreacting, and suggested that they try counselling. Ben was not responsive. Erica did confide in Jen, but that just made Jen feel bad. Ben spent a lot of time at Steven's. Steven, after selling their home and splitting the proceeds with Jen, bought a three-bedroom apartment. Jen was renting. This had been going on for about six months, and then came the trip that Erica took with Lance two weeks previously.

That trip was a success and the client wanted Erica and Lance to return to sign the deal.

Erica had just returned from the second trip and asked Ben to join her in the living room. Prior to Erica's first trip with Lance, Ben was very nervous. Somehow, he was not as nervous the second time. It was just one night. They left on a Tuesday morning, had the contract signed Tuesday afternoon and went to dinner Tuesday evening. Erica had called Ben around 9:30 from St. Louis, which was 10:30 PM in the East. She was still at dinner and would probably be for another hour or two. She said that the client was really happy with her input. She would call Ben from the airport in the morning. Now it was Wednesday evening, the girls were in bed and Erica had to deliver the most difficult news to Ben, in her life.

"Ben, although things haven't been so great between us the past few months, you know that I really truly love you. You are my everything."

Ben wasn't sure where this was going.

"I'm just going to say it. Lance got what he wanted."

Ben wasn't sure what he heard and looked right at her with a blank face. He didn't say a word.

"Did you hear me? Please say something. Say you hate me. I was drunk. I was showered with compliments all night long. The client loved me. Lance gave me all the credit. I was drinking. Do you want to hear details?

"I didn't mean for it to happen. I don't even know how or why it happened. I am going to resign tomorrow, but I don't care about work. I care about us and about you and what I did. Please say something. Say you hate me. Hit me. Please say something."

Ben just stared at her. He slowly got up and went to the bathroom and cried a bit. Silently. He cleaned his face. He went to their bedroom, packed a small overnight bag and came down.

"Ben, where are you going? Please don't leave. We need to talk. There was no affair. Don't let him win. All he wants to do is break up happily married couples. I was drunk. I'm not hiding anything from you."

Ben finally said something.

"You're wrong about at least one thing. You said that he wants to break up happy married couples."

He left.

Now it was Erica's turn to be hysterical. She called Jen in tears

"Jen, I need you. Do you have the boys?"

"Yes, they are here and sleeping. What's wrong?"

"Lance." And she sobbed.

"What about that asshole?"

"Me." And she sobbed some more.

"Erica what are you talking about?"

"He... He got me drunk. He... He got me. I... I told B... Be... Ben. He left."

"Oh, shit. Someone has to cut his balls off. What did Ben say?"

"Nothing. No, he actually did say something. I said that Lance likes to break up happily married couples and Ben said, what does that have to do with us?"

"Jesus, that is what he said? I bet he went to Steven's. Let me call Steven."

A few minutes later, Jen called Erica back.

"He's there. Steven said it wasn't a good time to talk."

*****

Ben came home late and slept in the guest bedroom. He left for work before Erica came down, but she did see that he slept at home. At least that was relief.

The following morning, Erica asked to see Robert. She was trying to avoid seeing Lance at all costs.

"Good morning, Erica. Boy, am I glad I sent you to St. Louis. I spoke to them yesterday. They did not stop praising your ability. I am going to give you a bonus for this."

"Robert, thank you for that. It will be in my last pay check. I need to resign. Your serial seducer got me this time."

"I'm sorry, I'm not following."

"That asshole, Lance Taylor, got me drunk and then took advantage of me. The clients and Lance were all singing my praises and I guess I was feeling too good about myself. I needed a bit of help getting into my room and Lance volunteered to help me. I don't remember much. I remember collapsing on my bed with my clothes on. He took off my shoes and started to massage my feet. I asked him to stop. The next thing I remember was that I was naked on all fours and he was inside me. I managed to get away from him and ran to the bathroom and locked the door. I thought I heard him leave after 30 minutes, but I didn't come out of the bathroom until 6 AM."

"Erica, I am truly sorry. Do you mind staying in here while I call in Mr. Taylor?"

"No, but I'm sure he'll have a different version of the story."

Robert asked Sally, his AA, to summon Lance. He came in two minutes later, and played them as best as he could. He had a poker face.

"Erica, you did a great job in St. Louis, I told Robert that the client would not have signed without your involvement."

"Mr. Taylor, please close the door and have a seat." Robert said.

"Mrs. Francis has an interesting tale that she shared with me; do you care to comment?"

"Please share, I have no idea what you are referring to."

"I understand that you sexually assaulted her, in her bedroom while she was inebriated after dinner."

"What? She is fantasizing. Yes, she was very inebriated, I did help her to her room. I laid her down on her bed and then I left. The next time I saw her was in the morning in the lobby waiting for the taxi to take us to the airport."

"So you are saying that it is your word against her word?"

"I guess; I don't even know what she made up."

"She made up enough to resign. I'm impressed with your defense. You could have said that she came on to you, but you used that one with Mrs. Edwards. This is an entire new approach. I told you once that if I ever catch you again, you are out of here. I don't have any proof, just your word against her word. So, I am suspending you without pay for one month. You are free to look for other employment. In one month, we will meet again and discuss your possible reinstatement. In the interim, I will try and convince Mrs. Francis to stay aboard. She is one of my most valuable employees. She is one of the few people in this organization that takes on many roles. I will see you in a month, Mr. Taylor, unless you find other employment and choose to resign prior."

"Sir, I really like it here and have no desire to seek other employment. I'm sorry you are taking the word of a friend of Mrs. Edwards over mine. She just wants to get back at me. I will be in touch.

"One more thing, on a personal note. The annual benefit for downs syndrome children that you sponsor is in three weeks. I'd still like to attend. It means a lot to me, because as you are aware, I have a nephew with downs syndrome. I was not planning on bringing a guest."

"That will be fine, Mr. Taylor. Please close the door on your way out."

Lance left and Robert turned toward Erica.

"What can I do to convince you to stay?"

"Robert, my marriage has been very shaky recently. My husband has been very upset with me, because I knew that Jen was cheating, and my husband and Jen's husband are very close. I didn't say anything to him. Now this. I need to work on my marriage. Maybe in a few months, if I can save my marriage and Lance is gone, I will consider."

"Your husband is aware of what happened in St. Louis?"

"He is aware of the fact that my marital vows were broken. He is not aware of the details. He pleaded with me not to travel with Lance, and I refused. I explained that you wanted me to go. The details are not important and he didn't ask. He heard the bottom line and left."

"I'm sorry, I guess this is partly my fault then."

"No sir, I was aware that I travelled with a serial predator. I was very careful on the first trip. I guess all the flattery went to my head and I let my guard down. I am a dedicated employee of this company and dedicated to you, sir. I understood that I was needed in St. Louis."

Erica started to tear up.

"Do you think you should go to the police and file a complaint?"

"I thought about that. First of all, I'd probably have to file in St. Louis and again, it would be my word against his. He indicated that I had a motive to make up a story like that, but why would I want to jeopardize my own marriage just to get back at Lance?"

"Erica, would it help if I spoke to Ben?"

"I don't know. It's too soon. He just left last night. I haven't heard from him, although I know he went to Steven's, that's Jen's ex, house. I hope I will speak to him today. Thank you for your offer."

"I will accept your temporary resignation on two conditions, Erica: one, that you please stay on for two weeks so we can kick off this project, Taylor won't be around, and two, that you chair the benefit as you do every year, and please bring Ben with you."

"Okay, I will stay for two weeks. Please keep Taylor away from me at the benefit. I can't promise about Ben, but I will try."

*****

The following day Robert summoned the entire office.

"Welcome everyone, I have some good news and some bad news to share with you. First, the good news: as you are all aware, Lance Taylor & Erica Francis just returned from St. Louis and have secured the new license. This business will definitely move us up a notch and help tremendously with revenues, but we all must be on our A-game and must deliver. I'd like to personally congratulate Erica. She is truly a team player and has, once again, shown her versatility. Thank you, Erica. Lance is not in today and will be away for the next 30 days, although he will be at the benefit for children with down syndrome in three weeks, so you can all personally congratulate him then. I do expect to see you all in attendance.

"On a sadder note, Erica will be leaving us in two weeks. She has some personal issues that she is dealing with and I would ask you to please refrain from asking her about them. We all love Erica and wish for her happiness. Erica will be with us for the next two weeks and help the transition from contract signing to onboarding teams. She will then give over the reins to Harry Jefferson, who will have some big shoes to fill, but I'm certain that he will do a terrific job.

"One final note: as usual, Erica will be chairing the benefit, please make sure you all respond with an affirmative and please bring your spouses. I have covered everyone's fees, although a small donation would be appreciated.

"Thank you all and get to work. "

With that Robert went to his office, but before entering, he asked Sally to please call Ben Francis, Erica's husband and transfer him through.

*****

"Hello."

"Mr. Francis, this is Sally Ames, Robert Pitts would like to speak with you, can I transfer him through?"

"I guess." After a short silence, Robert came on the line.

"Ben, how are you?"

"I'm okay, Robert. Well, actually I'm not okay, and I guess that is why you are calling me."

"Yes it is. First of all, I just wanted to say that it will be very difficult for me to lose Erica, but I don't want to discuss this on the phone; can we meet for lunch, tomorrow?"

"I appreciate your concern, Robert. Erica had mentioned something about resigning, but we haven't communicated much. I'm not sure that I can help you."

"It's not so much that I need your help as it is that would like to help you, Ben. Please, can you give me a bit of your time. Your wife has been employed by us for over ten years, but I feel that you and I have always had a nice relationship. More than the typical, spouse-spouse's boss relationship."

"The feeling is mutual, but I don't think you can help. I can give you some time; can we make it dinner? it will be on me."

"Okay, I need to clear with Maggie, but it shouldn't be a problem. Please let Sally know where and when. We can fight about the bill tomorrow. Thanks."

"Goodbye Robert."

*****

Life at home was very quiet, Haley, the 13-year-old pulled her mom aside.

"Mom, what's up with Dad? He seems like the cat got his tongue; he hasn't said a word in the past few days. I don't see him in the morning, he comes home for dinner and then runs out. What's up?"

"He'll be okay, Sweetie. I will let him know that you are concerned."

A few minutes later, Erica texted Ben.

"We are eventually going to have to talk. Haley started asking me questions."

"When I'm ready." The short text was all he responded.

Well, at least he is somewhat responsive, Erica thought. Then she received another text.

"Not coming home for dinner tomorrow night, don't wait up for me."

Erica was not happy with that text. She was going to ask him if he had a date, but that wouldn't be helpful. She'd call Jen later or the following day and find out what she could.

*****

Robert arrived a bit after 7:00 PM for the scheduled dinner/meeting with Ben. He was surprised that Ben wasn't alone. He recognized Steven Edwards, the ex-husband of his former employee, Jenifer, sitting with Ben. Ben stood up to greet Robert.

"I apologize for bringing Steven along. In my current fragile state, I thought I may need some emotional support. Steven is aware of everything, or at least everything I know, and as my best friend, I share everything with him."

"Nice to see you both, although I wish they were under different circumstances. Let's order first and then we can get down to business."

"That's fine. How are Maggie and the kids?" Ben asked.

"All doing well. I hope that you will see her at the benefit in a few weeks."

"That is very unlikely, but we can always leave our options open. I know how important that charity is for you. I'll send a check, whether I come or not."

"Your presence is more important to me than your donations." Robert said..

"Thank you, Robert, that was very kind."

Once dinner was served Robert began.

"Ben, I think I owe you an apology."

Ben was confused, "What for?"

"Erica told me that you didn't want her travelling with Lance, she didn't listen to you and that was because of her devotion to me. I don't know what to do with Lance, and Mr. Edwards, I apologize for all of this, I didn't expect you here."

"Mr. Pitts, it's all good. Jen was an adult and she knew, or thought she knew, what she was doing. I have moved on. I actually started to date, although, no one serious yet."

"I'm glad for you. Are you in contact with Jenifer?"

"Yes, we have a fairly amicable divorce. She didn't fight me on much, and then she finally realized that she was played, but in my heart, it was too late by then. I did give her a chance at reconciliation early, but she went right back to Taylor."

"I'm sorry, and although I did expect to talk about Taylor, it was more in Erica's defense."

"What defense can she have? She heard so much about Taylor from Jen, she probably wanted just to try him out." Ben piped in.

"Ben, Erica told me that you didn't ask her anything, you just left. I don't think you know that she was taken against her will, and sexually assaulted."

Robert than went to repeat what Erica said and what Taylor said.

"So Taylor is denying that anything happened?"

"Yes, basically that's it."

"If she claims that she was assaulted, then why didn't she go to the police?"

Robert then explained exactly what Erica told him. He then added

"I wasn't aware that you were having marriage issues. I really like both of you, personally."

"Let me ask you, Robert, you don't think that the two of them could concoct this story to enable them to get away with it?"

"Why would she do that, when her marriage is already having issues?"

"I don't know, Robert, but that is the crux of the problem. Erica is always choosing me second. First it was Jen and not me, then, with all due respect, it was you and not me. I am always second in her life. I can't stay in a marriage when my wife just uses me as a fallback plan."

"Well Ben, you're not second anymore. As I mentioned, she has resigned. I asked her to stay on for two weeks, and she agreed. Taylor has been suspended with no pay for one month, and then I will have another talk with him. She said that she's resigning so she can focus on saving her marriage. She really does love you and she admittedly made some mistakes, but we are all human. You guys need to go to some counselling or something. You need to communicate better with each other."

Ben was quiet. He was starting to internalize. He realized that by resigning Erica was making him first. It would be a small blow to them financially, but their domestic life was much more important. He also realized that Erica was always checking in with him, when she travelled with Taylor, but she did allow him to seduce her, although it was alcohol that he used. Maybe it was time for that talk.

"Thanks for this, Robert. Maybe you helped a little. I guess I can see things from a different perspective. Please let me cover dinner. You have helped me already. I don't think I will attend the benefit, but I will leave word with Miss Ames."

"Good luck to you, Ben. If Maggie or I can be of any help, please let us know. She's a good woman, your wife. Don't give up on her and on yourself. Nice to see you Mr. Edwards. Have a good evening."

They both stood as Robert walked off.

*****

At home, Erica was very nervous. She called Jen.

"Hi there, can you hop over?"

"No, sorry, I have the boys tonight, Steven went out with Ben."

"Was it a double date?"

"Erica, do you really think Ben is ready to give up on your marriage? I know that Steven dates, but I didn't think tonight was like that. He said that Ben asked him to come along for support. So I doubt that it was with women. What is going on with you guys?"

"I don't know; he doesn't speak to me. He just texts, so at least that's something. Haley started asking me questions last night. I don't even think she realizes that Ben is sleeping downstairs in the guestroom."

"How about Abby?"

"She is clueless about everything except Tik Tok, clothes and dancing."

"You're going to have to get him to talk. How are you going to do it?"

"I don't know, but if you have any ideas, I'm all ears."

"I will try to think of something."

"Thanks, talk later, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

*****

Ben came in at around 9:45. Erica was upstairs in their bedroom, reading a book. Ben went up and knocked on the door.

"Haley, Abby, what is it?"

"It's me."

Erica was startled and it took her a few seconds to recognize her husband's voice.

"Ben, come in, you don't need to knock. This is your room too."

"Can we talk downstairs; I'll be waiting in the living room."

"Sure, let me get a robe on, I will be there in a sec."

Ben took a dining room chair and turned it to face the couch. He was basically implying that Erica should sit on the couch. She did.

"Okay, I won't interrupt. I will listen. Please tell me the entire story from start to finish."

Erica was somewhat relieved; at least there was some communication. She was very nervous.