All Comments on 'The Seventh Wheel'

by SabrinaGLangton

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
SomaSlaveSomaSlaveabout 1 year ago

Another Sabrina Langton special...with a nice, subversive paragraph in the middle of the story. Well played, Sabrina. I'm knocking off 0.05 stars for the bit of drama at the end (predictable, but not in keeping with the characters as you developed them), but still rounding it to 5 stars. It kept my interest to the end, and that's what counts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don’t understand the ending. It’s admirable that Sabrina is open hearted and independent, and says she’ll be fine if Max and Beth end up together and she can live in her own for years… but then, I’d their anything substantial in the balance. Are all these people just emotional drifters?

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonabout 1 year agoAuthor

Anonymous

Sabrina was disappointed in Max and that their relationship seemed to all of a sudden end. Everyone moved on, once the plane landed, except her.

Once home I'm sure Beth and Max had a discussion about their relationship. He probably ended it, but Beth wasn't okay with it. I would say that Beth went back to her mother's house and came back in the morning even angrier.

Meanwhile, Sabrina was identifying with her two new young friends, Tiffany and Nicole. She was relating to them as if they were a part of herself, herself through a portal, a time machine, it was something she needed just to get through the idea of losing Max, Lula, and even Megan.

She was then comparing Max to Lula, she realized she was used to being disappointed. She was trying to be strong for the two little 'girls.'

I hope this clears up the end, I wanted to keep it a little mysterious until Max explains what had happened to the mirror and his phone. Thanks for reading.

EjschatzEjschatzabout 1 year ago

Wow I think you outdid yourself on this one what a fantastic story I loved the twist and I thought the ending was great I have read everything you've written I love them all

leeanna19leeanna19about 1 year ago

I am so bloody jealous of you. You write huge stories and almost all of the "HOT" I really think you should sell them. What an amazing writer you are.

Cristal_di_CantaCristal_di_Cantaabout 1 year ago

A very heart-felt story with so many touching details and so much personal investment. I also felt the ending came abruptly, but did bask in warm feelings of love and acceptance (I'm such a romantic!). The title really betrayed the underlying loneliness and rejection that so many of us feel because we dare to be who we want to be and the scene in the Farmer's Market expressed that sense of fear so well. As for the two women. Toxic femininity - now that's a new one! Funnily enough I've got a story I've been sitting on for a while! Maybe I'll post that - why hold on to it!

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you Ejschatz, I am always so nervous about publishing a story, it's crazy I should be over this by now, ha. I felt this was so long but I loved all the little scenes in the middle, the market, the nail salon, and watching videos together, I am so glad I kept it as short as I did.

I love all your stories too, there is so many great writers here on LIT, especially you. Thanks for reading.

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks, leeanna19. I wish I could write something shorter, mysterious, and seductive like you, I have tried and I have failed, ha. I only have the one setting on my back and I can't reach around to change it. Thanks for reading.

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks, Cristal, Can't wait to read something you have been holding on to, ha, should be great. The Farmers market scene kind of happened to me, but of course, it didn't end like the one in the story. I went to Germany years ago, supposed to be for ten days, and ended up staying for two months. Went out for the first time by myself and well, um, it didn't turn out too well. I have a story about just that, real short, I couldn't put it here on LIT, it is all emotion and no sex. Thanks for reading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSabrinaGLangton@SabrinaGLangton
Summer is over... back to regularly scheduled programming Hi, Sabrina here, I love to answer questions or comments from anyone interested in my writing, so send me messages. I want to feel like I am involved. I really don't know how to describe myself. I am transgender, mat...