All Comments on 'The Shack: An Angry Man'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 297 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 6 years ago
Pretty sweet!

Thank you for the story. I enjoyed it very much. Those driving tricks were intense! Randi.

rockthedogrockthedogalmost 6 years ago
I just like your stories

Entertaining as always, nothing profound to offer

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Wow

Another Shack already! Thanks for starting the weekend off on a good note.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 6 years ago
This is just wrong

Look, you can either be uber-talented or super prolific. Being both is just rude. I have enough of an inferiority complex as it is without having to deal with this.

Please try to be considerate towards your fellow writers.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 6 years ago
Great story, of course.

And thanks for the nod to Stangstar06. I don't always like his characters and some of his plots but I am usually entertained by his stories. And I am always entertained and enlightened by yours. 5 stars, of course and thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Yet again...

You continue to blow my mind with your writing!

As someone prior hinted at, being so good and prolific is just plain greedy...but it’s hard to complain when we’re too busy reading your brilliant stories!

Thank you for sharing here on Lit for free and a special thank you to Randi and sbrooks103x for editing.

C

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sorry I'm late!

Need to read your other stories. How did I miss them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

After the first half page, it was an easy skip to the end and 2*.

stev2244stev2244almost 6 years ago
Yes.

I like the improved ending. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What a treat..thanks for sharing 5*

This is undoubtably one of the most entertaining series on this site, thanks to both you & the misses for a very enjoyable read.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
NEEDLES IS REVISITED

and Colonel Howards faith in his men has been justified, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5+++

Haven't enjoyed a story like this for ages, thanks.

ColinthedogColinthedogalmost 6 years ago
Awesom

just fucking awesome

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
good shit.

well written. sequel?

frazodfrazodalmost 6 years ago
Wow

Going to echo other comments. Fantastic story. Glad "The Missus" is involved. Thank her for the plot.

I also hope your re-visit these characters. I really liked them all (well, not Charlotte). I am very glad your are publishing new stories.

Made my Saturday (and last Tuesday).

TrtrolesTrtrolesalmost 6 years ago
finally

a good LW story.

Thank you for writing.

To be honest we waited for to long. Enough of stupid shitt like sharing,cucking...

Thanks again.

CSD2CSD2almost 6 years ago
Thugbunny

Grows up and visits St.Clair to pick up a 67 Chevelle. Meets a half machine, half amazing one eyed sheriff and her collection of angels. A distress call is made to Needles and a call is made to the Shack. Bad people die. Hilarity ensues when The sheriff and Monster gets into a staring contest.

Just a thought. Thanks for the tale.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Shocked!

I was shocked to find another Shack story in my mailbox so soon after Ladykiller!

What a great read!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
We should start a petition.

Todd must post a story every week, or else. What a delight to find a well written story with a plot, action, and angst. Thanks for sharing your considerable talent. Looking forward to siren's song on July 4th.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
more

And again some more deserves a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story!

Great story, great series, great author! Please keep them coming.

stev2244stev2244almost 6 years ago
I second HDK's suggestion

Especially if he throws in a weekly story of his own.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinalmost 6 years ago
What Bebop3 said

Damn. How do you crank them out so quickly and make them ... good? I have some serious writer envy. My penis shrunk a few inches due to insane jealousy issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This was excellent

Thanks for sharing this.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 6 years ago
Damn! Two Tales From The Shack in one week!

Another great story, Todd. Thanks.

One of there days you're going to have to tell us the story of Amos and Ronni. I did find myself wondering though, the last time I reread "Learning the Smuggler's Blues,", if Veronica ever knew D.T. Iverson's Evangeline Belle Queneau.

texquilltexquillalmost 6 years ago
AND THE SHACK UNIVERSE CONTINUES TO EXPAND

Okay, I'm mixing my websites, but Todd (and The Missus) are building an encyclopedic group of great, interrelated stories about a world where everyone is bigger than life and everyone has bigger issues than most of the rest of us - and the end product is SO VERY ENTERTAINING!

Thanks to both of you for making our reading day just a whole lot brighter!

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 6 years ago
Many thanks

for sharing such an excellent story!

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 6 years ago
Damn!

Writing this good makes me want to just retire from writing altogether. I couldn’t even begin to put together a story like this. They say “write what you know.” You must make the Dos Equis guy seem like a bore.

“A trickle of blood dripped out of his mouth. I guess he was old enough.”

I nearly spat my morning coffee across the room with that line!

I’ve said it before and I’ll keep saying it: you are wasting your talent if you’re not getting paid for writing somewhere.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 6 years ago
Always a great thing to see a new Shack story ! ( 2's even better )

I ran out of adjectives to describe my absolute love of your stories long ago . Just please keep on emptying those pesky characters out of you head and keep sharing with us !

P.S. The Missus is going to become more famous than Det. Colombo's ! lol .

You better treat her after such a storyline ! Daniel Defense 1911 mags & a case of HST's should do it !

TheKrrakTheKrrakalmost 6 years ago
Salvaged GOLD

Another incredible tale, I can't thank you enough for being willing to not only keep writing but keep sharing as well.

You bring such life to your characters that seasoned writers ought to take lessons from you.

5/5 (truly wish I could rank these higher.)

CVFD15CVFD15almost 6 years ago
Another part to this story?

EXCELLANT!!! .. I would love to see a second part to this story .. Please continue on with what is in store for the ex and her hubby and if there is any kind or reconciliation with the grown daughters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Loved the story

I'd love to see a part 2 about Les, Sheree and Delaney becoming a family; Les and his daughters reconnecting; and of course the downfall of Charles and Charlotte.

Crazy2WheelerCrazy2Wheeleralmost 6 years ago
Outstanding

One or two more chapters with Delaney would be awesome!

BRAVO!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
excellent read

Added your site to my favorites list so I could read the rest!

Keep writing - the best I've read so far.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for another story!!

I look forward to reading your stories and I am always glad to see you've posted another one. Two in one week is great

xtchrxtchralmost 6 years ago
The Only Problem!

The only problem with this author is that I want MORE. I am almost sad when I finish one of his stories because I don't want them to end. The 'Shack' universe is my favorite universe.

Thank you for a wonderful story BUT "I WANT MORE".

MaryLMaryLalmost 6 years ago
great story

would love to read more of what happened with delaney and his ex wife and her present husband when he ran for office. maybe how a certain tape was released and their downfall. would also like to know what happened with his daughters whe they find out the truth of what really happened lol

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 6 years ago
Todd172 Understands

...leave'm wanting more. Great story, superb characters, well told. Yep, I want more too!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
it's good

i wish there was more to the story. but it's a satisfying enough ending. thank you.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
The only part of the story with which I had a problem was . . .

. . . he was ex-special forces. We’re I to judge just from LW, I’d guess that there were 3 million ex-special forces/Navy Seals/CIA double nought spies running around.

At least use Army Rangers instead; there are enough men who earned their tabs for that to be somewhat realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Flawed people with a core of iron

Following “The Shack” has been an unmitigated pleasure from the first story - great addition to the back story of Needles - and it sounds like Delaney will finally get some of the support and love she needs to be successful person...

gmann57gmann57almost 6 years ago

That was a fantastic story Todd, Made my favorites list and a 5 star story. Thank the misses as well. Im a new fan of yours

Crusader235Crusader235almost 6 years ago
Excellent

Excellent as usual. Hoping there's a future chapter just to see his new family come together, AND to burn Chuckys ass before he's the governor. Also maybe read about how Delanie gets her "Cristine" put together, always love those old big fin cars. Five Stars. Semper Fi.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Another Gem!

There needs to be a sixth star so the few truly great stories can be recognized.

Storm113Storm113almost 6 years ago
5* of course. All of "The Shack" stories get 5.

Please, please, please, a sequel! Thank you for your contributions to lit. These are great stories!

ender2k2kender2k2kalmost 6 years ago
Bravo 👏

Another great story, and right on the heals of another Shack tale. Thanks.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 6 years ago
I'm sorry to see the score for this story dropping...

When I read it earlier today it was at 4.82 and I think that's more in line for where it should be. Todd, treat that wife of yours very well, she deserves something special for coming up with this plot. It was refreshing and well thought out. That takes nothing away from your execution. This was very well written. All together, very, very worthy of 5*s. Just goes to show, you don't need a bunch of graphic sex, even in LW, to write a great story.

SkibumSkibumalmost 6 years ago
Another instant classic

I am addicted to the Shack series, and this week has been special with two new Shack stories. It don’t get any better than this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

The Shack series is an absolute favorite. Still waiting for that back story on Amos and his Southern Princess.

nodekanodekaalmost 6 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for another great read. Would love to see a sequel or even how it progresses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
ZAP!!!

Another enjoyable brilliant story. I've known women like Delaney. They grew up to be badass MPs. Maybe in a future story, under his tutelage, she becomes the first female Green Beret or Ranger. I've enjoyed all your "shack" stories/characters and am looking forward to more of your inimitable story telling. Please keep it up and keep listening to your wife. SF VET

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 6 years ago
Many interesting tidbits

If I don[t learn anything in a story or it's not original I don't like it. I liked this one! 5*

kage440kage440almost 6 years ago
Shack Sequence

I wish I had the sequence to read all the shack stories in order.

Damn good writing in my opinion. Always a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

would like to hear more of this story how he makes out with his daughters and his new daughter go for it man

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
up to eleven

Unable to turn it up to eleven I voted both from my phablet and my laptop so gave you "only" ten.

Keep them coming!

Thank you!

HenwynHenwynalmost 6 years ago
Quick reply to ReedRichards about the number of ex-Special Forces running around

Yes, we are not that numerous overall, but Special Forces have been around for quite a while and the left-overs accumulate over time, kind of like trash in a campground after the 4th. Mostly we don't stand out. You look at me, I'm a toothless old fart, quite literally, and if you see that, then that's probably all you'll see. Perception works that way.

Certain things tend to increase that population density, however, and not just institutions like VA hospitals or Legion bars. You'll probably find a number in any homeless population, just because we can survive there. You'll find a few in fire departments and on fire crews on the big fires out west. I know that because one of the guys I trained with came from such a crew in Colorado and had some of us practicing parachute landing falls off of the roof of our barracks. In point of fact, if there's a disaster or a need not being met, you won't necessarily spot them but there's likely to be a few around.

Last fall when the folks from Standing Rock, ND were facing off with the pipeline which had been diverted away from the cities further north to cross through the north edge of the reservation, a call was put out for assistance from veterans. Way too many of us showed up. They were hoping for maybe a thousand; they got 4 or 5, no sure count but pretty much a total cluster. We were asked to wear our old uniforms if we had them. All I have left is a beret I gave my younger brothers when I left for Nam in '66 but I brought it along and it meant that the day I was there a couple dozen different quietly impressive guys came up, nodded, exchanged a few words and moved on. And of the 6 of us crowded into the cab of my old pickup for the final stretch from Eagle Butte to Standing Rock, two of the four guys in the cab turned out to be ex-Special Forces.

green117green117almost 6 years ago
Let's see -

5* of course, when I get back up to the top to do it.

@ReedRichards - this is an interlinked story line of a rather "special" group of people - I'm pretty sure that special forces ain't the descriptor - more black opps... way, way off the reservation. So... the fact that they are all unusual doesn't make much of a problem - a dozen or so people chosen to be sacrifices for the country... doesn't stretch my credibility.

@the dude who suggested a sexual relationship between Delaney and Needles - try the Incest subgroup if you want stories like that.

These stories all seem to be about family - which I have absolutely no problem with. They also seem to be about redemption - similar reception. They also have quite a bit of violence in them... I suspect that that is because that is what the writing team knows. Which makes me curious - what would it be like to meet these authors? - who would be more interesting? Todd or the Missus? I am beginning to suspect the Missus - which means she is way, way out of reach of all of you getting a bit of a shine for her. I am also concerned - in the society at large, there has been an upsurge in violence, and I think I know why... which is a discussion for a different forum.

I think these pieces are kinda vignettes - and as a results, their "finish" is kinda different. As "scenes from a life" they would tend to leave quite a bit unresolved - but this one delivers on the check boxes for you BTB types - not sure it improves the piece. It relieves the stress of the drama, but also a bit of the thought provoking ambiguity and noir element.

Let's see - as a aficionado of surplus, I found the "salvage" allegory satisfying. The use of 'fuck it/them" as a life code was a bit unsatisfying, see above. As always, your romanticizing of the individual is very satisfying for those of us who have the American way of thinking of things... not sure how it translates to everyone else (see Luedon, for example).

Y'all keep writing them, I'll keep reading them. Hope this is of service.

Green-something

green117green117almost 6 years ago
oops

credulity, not credibility... sorry about that - Green

trandall9991trandall9991almost 6 years ago
Part 2

Please, and let us know how you ruin the fucking guy who stole everything from you.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanalivealmost 6 years ago
ReedRicards

There are more SF retired or former than you think. I am not one. I live in a military community and I can often pick them out. They have "the look". I can't describe it but I know it when I see it. Thanks Todd. Another gem.

Redo1984Redo1984almost 6 years ago
My Saturday was starting out rough.

But then I read this. I feel better.

Hoping I get a patch of blue sky myself.

🤘

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
More please

Love your work, and this was another great piece. Just wish it was another few pages longer. I hope he works something out with his daughters, but they have to work for it.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 6 years ago

please write a second part to this one

boatbummboatbummalmost 6 years ago
What More Can I Say

That hasn't been said already -- just WOW! And thanks for another fine tale from The Shack!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Awesome Read

This little story made my day and I don’t know how Todd172 can pull me into The Shack universe but I cannot wait to go back there again

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 6 years ago
Five stars ain't enough

Wow - what a story. The wonder is that he didn't end up shooting the evil bitch and the lawyer. Poetic that he ends up with a real daughter out of all this. Writing doesn't get any better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I want to see his as a movie!

Fantastic story!!!!

Thanx!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Makes Me Wanna Kick Some Jerk's Butt

Just for the fun of it. And I'm actually pretty darned milquetoasty.

phred1phred1almost 6 years ago
Great Story!

Really enjoyed this, as I do all your writing efforts.

Can't wait for the next one!

tazmuntazmunalmost 6 years ago
Love all the shack stuff

The Shack is where it's at

mike2710mike2710almost 6 years ago
Thank you

Thanks this was great entertainment.

Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Hoping for Chapter 2 "PAYBACK!"

Love your writing. Need to expand this story to when Delaney turns 18.

Don't forget we're waiting for Jinxys story. Hollywood could take her under his wing. There were female Russian snipers in WW2 so why not now,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Two in one week

Please keep writing, tell me where to send money. Please. Thanks to the wife.

Dick

wonder203wonder203almost 6 years ago
I LOVE YOUR STORIES!!!

Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Do another chapter

5 years down the road and payback.

shaman43shaman43almost 6 years ago
Hot damn

Another story by the author and only a few days after the last one. Only one bad thing about this story. Too damn short. I finished reading it far too soon. Another 5. Another appreciation of the fact that not only is Todd a great writer but a fine a story teller there is. Thank you again.

shaman43shaman43almost 6 years ago
Delaney

Another character that could carry a story as the protagonist. She is already interesting and worthy of time.

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 6 years ago
5

Needed a laugh.

Glittersparkle and Thugbunny.... LMAO!!!!!

Sweet!

FirstwithUFirstwithUalmost 6 years ago
2 shack stories in a week

Just thank you. 5*

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Another 5* winner

@ Todd - thanks for the entertainment! You and the Missus have a lot of talent.

qhml1qhml1almost 6 years ago
I love your work

All of it, but especially the Shack series. Maybe it's because these guys operate under their own set of rules, maybe because I approve of what they're doing, especially here in fantasy land. Thank you.

Q

FirstwithUFirstwithUalmost 6 years ago

The Tom Clancy /Dale Brown of Lit Lw.

IMHO you are one of the best writers on this site, for very good and obvious reasons.

It's with expectations that I look forward to a Todd1972 story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I enjoyed this

Thank you

katranmankatranmanalmost 6 years ago
Too Funny

Loved it, 5 stars!

cordialddcordialddalmost 6 years ago
Getting this story today is like stealing a piece of the birthday cake early...

Damn I enjoy seeing your name pop up on the new story list. Thanks!

agrodavidagrodavidalmost 6 years ago
Another gem.

Real characters, real storyline. Love the dialogue. Just moar please...

checkaho013checkaho013almost 6 years ago
Thank You and The Missus

It's always a rush to see you have a new story , I enjoy them so much

gordo12gordo12almost 6 years ago
Thank your wife from us

the plot was awesome and so dynamic. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank you.

Love, love, love this series.

Many, many thank yours.

Keep up the good work.

TheLoneStrangerTheLoneStrangeralmost 6 years ago
Short, sharp and to the point

Loved it! :~)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

To quote That 70s Show, “What a bitch-a-roonie-doonie!”

Could the ex-wife have been any more of a spineless, evil witch?

He wins in the end because he and Delaney are birds of a feather, and his real daughters will come back when they find out what their mother did. Delaney will make it a point to tell her sisters the truth, and her mother can’t stop that from happening. The video will create a glass ceiling for dear old Chuckie.

Wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks.....

How does this not rate close to 5* across the board. I know one shit eating cucky rated it a 2, and he needs to die, but come on, this is a gem! I'd gladly pay for a weekly dose! Thanks to the missus!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Brilliant

You and the missus created a gem of a story.

Thanks!

-DK

ReelflytReelflytalmost 6 years ago
An Angry Man Part 2

Ask your wife to come up with a fallow up to this great story. Your writing and her ideas for a story like this mean you just have to have a "Part 2 " . Keep them coming . LOL

Impo_64Impo_64almost 6 years ago
Just a few words about this beautiful story...

Just a few words about this beautiful story: Thank you again for another marvellous story...5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Anonymous

Great story!! I always get a smile when I see your name attached to a story. 5 stars

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 6 years ago
To Anonymous

Jinxy is a baby Amos, or possibly a baby Monster. She is not the reincarnation of Lyudmila Pavlichenko.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fantastic...

Your stories crack me up....awesome stuff

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Henwyn, Green117, others

I agree with your observations about old special ops troops. I honor you all for your service and sacrifice. There are a few of us older rangers around too. You can't tell an older man's past by merely looking at him. When I was at Ft.Campbell with the 101st, we had an opportunity to meet with the remaining members of the Band of Brothers company. Who would guess that these elderly, frail, men, jumped into Normandy, held Bastogne, and fought through Germany? You can't always judge a man by his appearance.

As for Todd172, I love your writing. Please email me your real name so that I can buy your books. Thanks again for the Shack Series. Come on July 4th!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
loved the story

Ya I use to do that shit in an old 60 Falcon Wagon. with the shelby S stamp on the door jam. Funny while i was out at sea my father decided to junk it at a junk ward. lol still your storie was fun reading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...