All Comments on 'The Shadow Doctor Ch. 02'

by TehCorinthian

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

this is really good, I can't wait for more

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
KEEP THEM COMING!

I don't often take the time to read sagas on this site, but this one has been really good. Please keep her... i mean them coming! Looking forward to the next installment

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

A rapist 'doctor' without compassion, empathy, basic human decency or any kind of moral compass. He is a psychopathic monster. I know you warned readers beforehand, but I underestimated just how horrified this would make me feel. I won't be reading any more. The moral bankruptcy of your main character leaves me utterly cold, and kind of sickened. I pity Yelena.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really Interesting

From a purely plot point of view, I both like and dislike your cliffhanger. Please do keep the stories coming as another reviewer put it and in response to the reviewer who is disgusted by it, mind control generally is non consensual and the doctor has done anything extremely "horrid" like mutilation and the such, although to each their own.

TehCorinthianTehCorinthianover 7 years agoAuthor
On Tam

Yes Anon, Tam is a scary, unpleasant figure. I don't have an exact label for him, but he's definitely somewhere on the sociopath/psychopath spectrum. I completely understand if you can't handle reading his viewpoint, that's why I put the warning on the series. For those sticking around, you'll see more range to his actions later - he's completely governed by self interest, but he's also smart enough to disguise that. He's capable of his own strange version of respect for others, and if it's in his best interest to treat someone well he'll do so (like his household staff).

For those reading my other current ongoing story, Jason in Keeping a Kitsune is going to be developing a conscience and evolving morally as a protagonist. Don't expect that to happen with Tam; there's something broken inside him that can't be fixed. I'm really excited for the next chapter in Shadow Doctor though; I feel that these two chapters are basically set-up and introduction. Once Yelena learns what Tam has done to her, things fundamentally change. Not sure the precise eta on Chapter Three, but I'm guessing about a week.

TehCorinthianTehCorinthianover 7 years agoAuthor
Recommendation and request

Two more quick notes -

If you like this sort of take on a Mind Control story, I recommend 'Control, Enkindle' by nikyc here on Lit, it's one of my favorites and was an indirect inspiration for Shadow Doctor. She put her story in NonCon, which might have been a better fit for this too.

Also, if anyone is interested, I am looking for an editor to help me make this story and Keeping a Kitsune the best quality I can make them.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ridiculously high quality saga

I do hope it will last long and be provided often. Gonna keep an eye for it. Also I'm not even that shocked by Tam's behavior, the cultural differences and the hardening context makes it looks credible without even needing to involve sociopathy (even if it's perfectly makes sense to include a bit). I love the premises of mind control (with restriction keeping it frol being a systematic cheat button), the smart and calculated use of it for personnal ambition, and the cleverness of the dialogue. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic

This is a wonderful story, and very interesting world you have created.

A great cliffhanger to end upon.

Nice to read a long then middle length chapter.

I do hope this keeps coming, I will enjoy seeing how it evolves.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well done.

This is a well written piece. Please do write more I'm so very hooked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fabulous

Love this story cannot wait till the next installment!!!!!! Keep them coming.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous