All Comments on 'The Sharpest Lives Ch. 15'

by Kimikimidoll

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you!

Before I go too far are you sure there are not a few more chapters left? Maybe, please... Damn... fine it ends here. So as usual I am not here to argue with the author. Okay here we go...

The letter from Rabbit...err Kim...was beautiful. Deep, honest, emotional and the perfect literary device required for Liam to continuously remind himself of Kim's strengths and his weaknesses. A brilliant and strong start to the conclusion of your tale.

I will add that I believe you changed a few story facts between last chapter and this one but while I personally didn't like that, it may have saved Sam's life and the lives of those around him. But since there is no chapter 16 I guess we will never know.

Once past the letter the whirlwind begins. Liam discovers he needs help from others, his mom, the doctors, the nurses, maybe even his son. I like the part where he finally noted the child was not an it but rather a he. Personification is important and Liam learned this (like me finally calling Rabbit, Kim).

Racing quickly through Liam's struggles with self awareness, the biggest being the thought of eliminating the child to help distance Kim from him, and quickly noting that wasn't the true path he wanted to follow was very well done.

As a reader I can wish that in a final chapter that there would have been more Kim / Liam interaction. But the absence of that simply shows that this story was about Liam. And that Kim, the child, his mom, and all the others were simply side shows to his story. A story of a man deciding to live his life needing only himself or finding a place in his life for needing others. Liam is not cured, which is appropriate, but at least he has made a decision...and I agree with his choice.

Liam and Kim (Rabbit) will always be two of my favorite disfunctional characters.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

Kim! Thank you for creating such a memorable story that will always stay as a part of me.

KimikimidollKimikimidollover 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

Both of you, for leaving a comment. @1st anon: if it makes you feel any better, I have some more stories of Kim and/or Liam and their friends coming up. I won't say Sam is spared (or anyone in that matter) but, that's for a later time..

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Series

I have been keeping up with this series for a few weeks now and have been looking forward to new chapters. I love the dark content in this series and how it shifts between the two main characters and how it isolates them from the rest of the environment. It is like they know a dark secret that the rest of the world doesn't know. I am looking forward to your upcoming projects. Thank you for finishing it, I praise authors who don't abandon a story.

Niki526Niki526over 7 years ago
Aww...

I'm kinda sad the story ended, this chapter was sweet and some what calm. I would have loved a longer chapter but i still enjoyed it! I enjoyed this story! Thank you so much, everything was just cool, your writing, the characters and your song choices were awesome, this chapter didn't have a song though, lol I'm thinking bleeding love by Leona Lewis would be a good choice! And oh thank god it didn't end with Liam dying, or being really sick, i was worried about that! Thank you. I can't wait for the new stuff!

evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeover 7 years ago

Introspection doesn't seem to be one of Liam's fortes, or is his self-evaluation just so far removed from what would be considered the norm, that it seems inept? After encountering the right stressors his self-administered probing still dumped him head first onto the right road.

Just have to say I loved the 'aside' about his smoking-habit and the baby - an unrelated related piece of text. Had he really never thought about it before then? Hahahaha - suffer Liam!

Oh my shiny dildo, was she really going to ditch him, baby in tow? Would I have felt sorry for him? No, not until you clarified a few things by introducing his child-like interpretation of some of his actions as wanting to impress her. Goodness, that did open doors. I'm so glad she's still her own person. Just stronger by being more vulnerable, if that makes any sense.

But before the foot-in-mouth-disease takes control of the rest of my body - thanks for a great journey. It was quite something else! And glad to hear there may still be more to come!!!

tkinsctkinscover 7 years ago
Enjoyed

I enjoyed the series. While it is not what I typically read I enjoyed the characters and story telling.

KimikimidollKimikimidollover 7 years agoAuthor
Hehehe

@eve: whatever disease you have, you know I'll still adore you.

I agree, for someone so smart, Liam's pretty blind to his own faults. That's what Kim was stressing in the beginning- 'nothing is wrong with you'. He got some problems, but so does everyone, and it doesn't excuse him. I know of loads of people who continue to act how they are because of a label they got earlier - 'messed up', 'stupid', etc... and add to that he's so good at hiding these things from most people.. no, not a good combination. Kim, loose cannonball she might be, is the opposite. People are more willing to help her because she shows her vulnerability.

Oh boy, I know about nicotine addiction (second-hand, not me). It becomes a critical life choice for them, actually. Die in clean air or live with toxic fumes? lol

@niki: thank you for the song recommendation, I actually had to look it up to remind myself of the song, lol. I purposely didn't keep a title for two reasons 1.so when you read the chapter description in order the sentence would be complete 2. it's a very silent chapter. The emotions are very contained (compared to all the biting and screaming that were happening in the other chapters).

@anon: but they do have a secret.. and not a very cutesy one, either...hehehe..

Eve86Eve86over 7 years ago
Tsk, tsk, tsk.

The letter was insightful, but the way she talks about Liam being kind...when has he ever been kind to her??? I legit can't remember.

"I wish you were at least kind to yourself, as you are to me." And then she says that he had "the kindness to cure" her. Liam didn't do that to be kind. It was all pure selfishness until the end when he realized that he loved her.

Anywho, Kimidoll, that was an interesting tale. I do like seeing Liam vulnerable and so genuinely desperate to please Kim. Makes him seem human afterall.

gumdropzgumdropzover 7 years ago
Thank you for a great story

This story had its ups and downs... mostly downs... but I couldn't help but continue to read and and hope for some sort of a happy ending for the two. It's only a step forward in the rest of their lives and I'm pretty sure there's more obstacles for them both to conquer before they realize the depth of their emotions and bond to one another. Still, it was a strange and chaotic journey that I, as an observer and reader, had to experience with them, but a journey that I wholeheartedly enjoyed (mostly towards the end). Thank you for an incredible story. I look forward to more from you! :)

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 5 years ago
Loved the ending!

It’s so good to be able to read something all the way through to the end. I really think stories lose a lot of their impact when there is a wait between chapters.

So this I my first comment on the story, after I happily got to read chapter after chapter. It’s difficult to write a story with so much ambiguity. Trying to decide which details to provide to tell the story you’re trying to communicate and which details to leave unwritten. I found myself reading on not just to continue the story, but also to see if some elusive details might get explain. The references to the disease, I kept thinking a progressive neuromuscular like Parkinson’s or ALS, the medical condition during pregnancy was probably preeclampsia. I wondered why you would keep those details vague, but then I realized naming them would have turned the focus to them and not on Liam and Kim. In fact through out the story, the only details you provided were to set the scene, tone and mood, for Liam and Kim. As a person who tends to provide way more detail than necessary, I admire your judicious use of detail.

All in all, I thought this was an excellent example of theme story telling. You stayed true to your premise through out, even when you had written yourself into a corner, as you stated in one of your A/N.

Really enjoyed this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
OMG

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was so afraid of an unhappy ending (idk why it’s just a story right?) That’s what good stories do; make you feel. This was so beautiful. If you are not writing for a living, you should probably consider it. ❤️❤️❤️

Krista

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous