The Sidepiece

Story Info
A man reminisces about his first girlfriend.
1.6k words
4.15
10.4k
19

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 02/16/2024
Created 09/16/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dalton402
Dalton402
413 Followers

The story is written in British English

A short story about how he split up with his first serious girlfriend. It is a work of fiction so don't take it too seriously

*************************************

I remember clearly the day I ended it with my first girlfriend.

I was woken up from my half-doze by the sound of my phone pinging,

"Fuuuck!" I said aloud when I looked at the picture that was sent to me with the words "A sneak peek" with a heart emoji. The picture was of my girlfriend, Dawn, sprawled out on her bed wearing red lingerie and looking hot as fuck with a sexy smile. Her breasts looked like they were spilling out of her bra. I could feel myself stirring in my trousers. I replied with aubergine and fire emojis.

I was going out with her tonight and I was in no doubt from that picture I was going to get lucky. To be fair I got lucky most times I saw her, day or night.

After saving hard for two years, I managed to get enough money to afford to move out of my parents and into my own place. OK, I'm renting but it is still my own. That was six months ago. Two months after I had settled in, I bagged myself a girlfriend, Dawn. I had plenty of hookups in the past but she was my first serious girlfriend.

We had been going out for four months and what a ride it was. At thirty-one she is a few years older than me but she has sold me on older women.

Unlike chicks my age, she knew what she liked and was not shy to ask for it. I was not shy to give to her either. Not that it was one way, her blow jobs were spectacular. I was snapped out of admiring my girlfriend's picture by the security intercome and the voice on the other end said,

"Got a delivery for you!"

When I let him in, I frowned. I didn't remember ordering anything. As I pondered that thought there was a loud and angry banging on my door. "Fucking hell!, I thought and angrily opened my front door to confront whoever it was,

"Why are fucking my wife!" the man at the door furiously demanded before I even had a chance to say anything.

"Who the hell are you!" I demanded back. "What the fuck are you doing banging on my door?"

"Because you are fucking my wife!"

"Look mate, I don't know who you are but I'm not fucking your wife! I don't make a habit of fucking married women!"

"So, you're saying you're not fucking her?" the man showed me a picture of a woman on his phone and I felt sick to my stomach. It is a picture of Dawn, arm in arm with the man in front of me smiling happily. From the picture, there is no doubt that they are a couple.

"Shit!" I despondently say, and a look of horrified confusion appears on my face.

"You did know she was married, didn't you?" the man said, his voice becoming slightly less angry as became perplexed at my reaction.

"Mate, I, I'm sorry," I stammered. "I had no idea."

A look of confusion crossed his face to match mine before I offered,

"Do you want to come in to sort this out?"

Not knowing what else to do he accepted and came in and took a seat on the sofa. I went and got a couple of beers from the fridge and gave him one. All of his anger had disappeared and he began to look distraught.

Not knowing how to begin I tell him,

"Honest to God, I had no idea Dawn was married. My Dad cheated on my mum so I know what it does to people. If I had known, I would never have gone out with her let alone sleep with her."

"It's okay," he tells me, "I believe you. I accept she lied to you too," I blow out a sigh of relief. "Six years we've married and been together for eleven. We met at school. Eleven years of my life wasted on her," the man begins to sob.

"I'm so sorry. It must be horrible," nothing feels more awkward or horrible than to see a grown man cry but this guy on my sofa was bawling his eyes out in front of me. I really felt for him so I sat down with him.

"Oh shit!" the man suddenly stopped crying looking embarrassed, "I'm sorry, you must think I'm pathetic."

"No, mate," I tell him kindly. He did look pathetic but I don't make a habit of kicking a man when he is down. "Your heart's been broken. You must be going through hell."

"And you've just found out your girlfriend is married. That's got to suck."

"Yeah, it does but I've dodged a bullet. You've lost the love of your life. You have it much worse." A wicked idea hits me, "Shall I call her and get her to come over? We can confront her together."

The man laughs, "Yeah let's do it. She'll shit herself. I'm Jack by the way," and he holds out me for me to shake.

I take his hand warmly, "I'm Harry."

I pick up my phone and I called Dawn on speakerphone,

"Hey babe, what's up?"

"You I hope," Dawn laughed. I see Jack almost double up like he had been punched in the gut.

"I can you come over? I have something important to discuss with you."

"Can't it wait until tonight? I'm going to get my nails done."

"It's important," I told her firmly.

"Fine!" Dawn sounded irritated for some reason.

Dawn took almost an hour to arrive. Jack and I spent the time drinking and talking. As luck would have it Dawn arrived while Jack was in the toilet which meant he could jump out and surprise her.

"Harry!" Dawn exclaimed and when I opened the door and she gave me a passionate kiss. "So, what is so important that you made me come over?" she asked me, her arms around my neck, looking at me lovingly with those gorgeous eyes.

"Hello, Dawn," Jack greeted her icily from behind.

Dawn turned around and screamed loudly, "JACK! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE!?"

Calming down, she began to look very uncomfortable with the angry eyes of both her husband and boyfriend on her.

"Seriously, Dawn, that is what I should be asking you. What the fuck?" Jack looked understandably furious with her.

Dawn quickly regained her composure, "Well, what did you expect? You're always working and I have needs. If you're not there I need to get it from somewhere else and Harry gave me far more than you ever could," she told Jack cruelly and taking my arm. I removed my arm immediately.

"Why didn't you say something? I could have worked less hours. I was trying to get a deposit together so we could buy our own home."

"Come on, Jack, what's the big deal? Harry's just a sidepiece. It's just sex, you're still the man for me."#

"Sidepiece?" I say incredulously.

"Yeah, you didn't think we were dating, did you?"

"I don't believe this!" I say, walking away and running my hand through my hair, as the full realisation of what Dawn was doing hit me like a brick, how she was using me.

Jack was laughing as he heard Dawn not just disrespect him but also me, "You really are a piece of shit Dawn. Look we're done, I want a divorce. If you want to fuck around then be my guest but I don't want you in my life. I can't believe I wasted eleven years on you."

"What? You can't do that. It's my house too."

"I don't remember your name on the lease or you paying any rent," Jack was telling her with a hostile tone. "You have three hours to pack your stuff and leave or I'm burning it. Harry, you're a good guy and I apologise for bringing our marriage problems into your home," and he turned around and walked out.

"Fuck!" Dawn exclaimed looking shocked. "I'm so sorry, Harry, that you had to see that and I'm sorry that Jack has ruined our night. Can you help me collect my stuff and bring it here?"

"What?" I asked, not quite believing the audacity of what I was hearing.

"I can't carry all my stuff and it is too far to walk so I need you to drive me."

"No!" I tell her angrily.

"Then how am I supposed to bring my stuff over," she says, her temper rising.

"You're not moving in with me! Not after what you did."

"Harry, I've nowhere else to go!" she told me worriedly

"Dawn, you called me your sidepiece and now you want to move in because you're getting divorced. It ain't going to happen."

"Is this what this is about?" she said laughing like it was nothing. "You were my sidepiece but now you're my number one guy!" she tried to tell me reassuringly trying to put her hands around my neck to kiss me.

I wasn't going to have it and I just told her "Get out, Dawn! I don't date cheaters!"

Dawn only now realised at this point that she was reaping what she had sown and that she had gone from two guys chasing her to none.

"Harry, you are a fucking asshole," Dawn shouted at me before storming out.

I never saw Dawn or Jack again. I imagine they are living separate lives.

Dalton402
Dalton402
413 Followers