All Comments on 'The Sidepiece'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
SyzyguySyzyguy8 months ago

5* A neat little vignette with characters who feel real (given it's only 1.6k words). She reaped what she sowed, as you said. Thank you for posting it.

kencorokencoro8 months ago

Unintentional funny.

'This stranger was bawling his eyes out and MC sat next to him'.

C'mon, if you're a woman never write your male character doing the sympathetic sit down. That is women thing.

Just like handing tissue to blow their nose or whatever. Those things will hurt a man's pride, especially after the man just figured out his wife is cheating. Even more when the guy that she's cheating with is the one comforting him.

Don't pile on the pitiful man. Leave him some pride.

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

Husband cannot kick wife out of their domicile, period. I don't think the law is different in Britain than it is in the US. A spouse has the legal right to live in the marital residence, no matter whose name is on the deed or lease, and neither can evict the other without going through proper procedures or agreement. Authors who base stories on principle that husband kicks wife out of the house merely demonstrate their ignorance and that they write out of their ass.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree8 months ago

Yes.

Fiction or not,

some people are just that worthless as partners.

I know.

I liked this story.

The plot isn't deep enough to earn top ratings,

but 4 out of 5 from me.

hindsight2020hindsight20208 months ago

SomeoneTwoThree hit it on the head.

4*

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu8 months ago

wow.

so many potential good stories today but they're short and their ending is rushed.

well at least it is not a cuck story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Dalton402, singlehandedly putting the "erotic" back into literotica.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not a bad rendition of another common trope. Dawn was a real piece…..of work. Good that Harry had at least some morals.

.

3 ***

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Great one pager- 4.6*

nixroxnixrox8 months ago

4 stars - a good twist to the old BTB story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

More of a vignette, not a fully developed story. I think all of the details are there, it only needs to be fattened up a little. You are at a 4.05. A 4 would drop the average and I can't give a 4.05 or even a 4.1. So, 5★ it is!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not bad, but too short and somehow ... flat.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Best of all your stories. That was told from an unusual perspective. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It reads like Jack got what he married, so he deserved what he got. I don't understand how an intelligent perceptive discerning person ends up with a whore or an asshole for a spouse. There's just too many tells for these selfish unethical self absorbed assholes, male and female. Marry in haste, suffer slowly and for far too long. Ouch. There's A Lot of really good men and women out there looking for love and commitment. But ya gotta do some work to find and prove them. Maybe my 47 years is just luck. What do you think?

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Weirdly funny about something not usually funny. I liked it. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES