The Silken Slit of the Empress Ch. 04

Story Info
The Empress' Best Friend.
6.2k words
4.71
6.2k
8

Part 4 of the 11 part series

Updated 03/27/2024
Created 10/18/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RobynBee
RobynBee
98 Followers

We have officially made it into Act 2! Things are starting to heat up for our young soldier as events within the Empire's capital begin to gather momentum. I hope you guys enjoy this week's chapter. As always, thanks to all of you that are keeping up with my little story. And a special thank you to all of you that keep taking the time to leave a comment or review.

You guys rule! Now, on to the good stuff. Let me know what you think.

.......

"Stand up straight," I hissed.

At my side, Helena snorted. "There's no one else here, Leo. Besides, I'm not taking orders from someone who smells like yesterday's catch."

"I bathed yesterday," I said.

Though, I had to resist the urge to surreptitiously sniff below my arms. I could feel Helena's grin on me, and could picture the way the light must be dancing in her eyes. She was just teasing me. Probably.

"In any case," I continued. "You never know who's watching. Straighten up."

Helena and I were within the Empress' salon, guarding the chamber while her maids helped her dress. We were to head to the Hippodrome as soon as she was ready. It was the day of the chariot races, and even from here, I could hear the muted roar of the thousands already gathered.

"Are you saying that I'm smelling myself?"

I glanced over to find Helena's back still slouched against the wall. She'd raised an eyebrow, an expression of mock indignation on her face. Her eyes danced, just how I'd pictured it. She'd ignored me everything I'd said, but that suddenly didn't bother me.

I grinned, "I guess so."

She reached up to swat at my head, the back of her breastplate scraping the stone. "Don't be an ass. You can't tell a lady that she stinks."

"Stink is definitely too weak a word for this."

She laughed, and I felt my grin stretch wider. You continued back and forth for a few more minutes. As time went by, however, my armpits started to prickle. What sort of stench lurked there? I didn't want to offend the Empress. We'd had several more days of training since that first one. I wasn't always good about washing that same day, but I usually didn't let it go for too long.

"Oh, Leo," she said. "You make this too easy."

"You should be watching for danger," I said, cursing myself when I added; "I don't stink."

Her eyes danced. Again. "Check for yourself, then."

"I'm not going to sniff at my armpit in the Empress' salon."

"Alright then," she said with a shrug. "I'm sure that the Empress wouldn't say anything if she notices."

God dammit. Of course, she would. I chewed my lip, glancing about the empty room. God dammit. After another heartbeat of hesitation, I lifted by arm as much as I could in my armor, and brought my nose to my arm pit.

Of course, that was precisely the moment that the Empress chose to enter.

"My Leontius," Empress Theodora said. "What are you doing?"

She glided into the room; her walnut tresses piled elegantly a top her head. She wore a lavender colored dress. The thin, silken smoothness of the fabric clinging to her body. The wispy, gossamer cloth did nothing to mask the shape of her; from the bee-sting bumps of her nipples, to the flex of her narrow hips and then down to where her normally bare feet were wrapped in sandals of pale leather.

"Majesty! I--Nothing! I wasn't--" I was stammering, my thoughts knocked askew. I clicked my mouth shut. My cheeks burned, and I snapped back into attention.

"I told him that he reeked, Highness," Helena said. I could hear her grin. "He didn't believe me."

"Is that so?" The Empress said.

I saw her eyes flick between us, something flashing across her features. It was too quick for me to see. I forgot all about it a moment later, when the slipped into the space between my body and shield.

I froze, feeling the cool, smoothness of her dress slide across my bare thigh. Her bare back was warm against my arm. She leaned against my chest, curling her body around mine.

She smelled amazing. I opened my mouth, but no sound emerged.

She brought a hand up, tugging the hem of my tunic that poked up above my armor at my neck. Theodora brought her face down, and sniffed.

"Hmmm, when was the last time you bathed, my soldier?"

I was mortified, my skin afire. "Your Majesty! I'm so sorry. I didn't realize. I--"

"Hush now," she said. I could hear Helena's muffled laughter. "I didn't say that it was unpleasant."

The Empress made a little sound in her throat, taking another breath. "Come here, Helena. You'd enjoy this, I think."

"Will I now?" Helena said, pushing herself off of the wall.

The armored woman's voice was suddenly a notch deeper, strangely languid. She stepped into me, folding herself onto my other side with remarkable smoothness. She ducked her bare head beside the Empress. She was tucked right in the crook of my neck, my jaw resting atop her coppery hair.

The scent of her filled my nose; iron, sweat, and an almost salty sort of sweetness that was only hers.

My body was spear straight, my heart starting to hammer as Helena breathed me into her.

"Hmmm," she said. "You're right, Highness. That is rather nice."

"You're doing a hundred extra push-ups tomorrow," I somehow managed to say.

Both women laughed, their breaths raising the flesh on my neck. The Empress tilted her head up to press her lips against my cheek.

"I knew there was some life in you, my Leontius," she murmured before they both stepped away.

My own breath was starting to fray a little at the edges, the whole of me still hot beneath my skin. I looked from the Empress to Helena. The guardswoman's face was a little flushed as well. She smiled at me, and I saw special sort of depth within the green of her eyes.

In that moment, someone knocked on the door, startling the three of us.

I immediately leapt away from the two women; petrified that someone might see. 'Although, so what if they did?' A small part of me thought.

Helena pulled open the door.

It was the Emperor; bright-eyed, his beard streaked with gray. I'd seen him often in the past week, the Empress often spending her days beside him.

I hurriedly took another few steps to the side, praying that he wouldn't notice my burning face. I needn't have worried. When he swept into the room, Justinian had eyes only for his wife's delighted smile.

"My Theodora," he said, pulling her to him. "You are an angel gracing us from heaven."

She laughed, leaning her body away to caress his face and stare into his eyes. "You old flatterer," she said. "We've been apart too long."

The Emperor, Justinian, 1st of his name, smiled down at his Empress. "Indeed, we have, my dearest." Then, he leaned down and kissed her.

She threw her arms around his neck, returning his kiss as if they hadn't just seen each other that very morning.

I wondered what it would be like, to be so obviously in love. To be so happy with the person that you'd sworn to God you'd stay with.

One day, you'll marry a good woman from a good family. You'll love and be true to each other. She'll care for your house and bear your children and you'll be oh so happy, my little lion.

Would she really love me, this unnamed woman of my future. Would I truly be this happy?

Inexplicably, I found my eyes on Helena. She was smiling towards the Empress. Her expression was so warm. What would it be like, I wondered, to feel the heat of that smile? Her eyes found mine, a question swirling within.

I looked away.

We left for the Hippodrome not long after, Helena and I marching behind the couple that walked arm in arm. Helena and I didn't speak; listening to the Imperial pair worry about the crowd's mood. There had been some restlessness caused by the newly implemented war tax. This event was meant to help pacify and distract the capital's people.

The Imperial Box, when we finally arrived, was filled with people. It was a large, its many descending rows of seats protected by a wide awning. The heat was brutal, though the stretched-out cloth did wonders to shelter us.

Dozens of well-dressed men and women milled about the wide, flattened area just before the door. They helped themselves to tables of the Emperor's refreshments; shouting over the dull roar of the packed Hippodrome.

Guests moved to greet the Imperial couple. I saw senators, nobles and bishops; each man and woman better dressed than the last. I recognized many from the interminable council meetings that the Empress attended every day. And though I knew their faces, most of their names still escaped me.

I even noticed Alexius and Diocles. The two merchant lords of the Blue and Green factions were gathered on opposing ends of the Imperial Box. They glared at each other, surrounded by their own gangs of sycophants.

"Belisarius!" The Empress said, her voice pulling my attention back. "I'm so happy you're here."

I stiffened, recognizing the man embracing Theodora. Belisarius; the commander of the Byzantine armies and the highest ranked general within the Empire, looked to be of an age similar to the Empress. I'd served beneath the man in Anatolia, and needed no help recognizing the powerfully built man.

He shook the Emperor's hand next. His hair was black and he sported a thick beard trimmed into servility. His skin was dark, roasted from our campaign beneath the hot, Anatolian sun.

I kept my back spear-straight. He wouldn't recognize me, of course. I'd only ever been another nameless stratiotaibeneath his command. Yet still I searched for any spark of recognition within his eyes as they swept over me. I'd served under him for a long time. And though I wasn't surprised, I couldn't help but feel a little swell of disappointment when his face remained blank at the sight of me.

He did nod a greeting to Helena, however, before the Emperor pulled him aside to speak.

"Ah, Theodora," another voice said.

A woman moved towards us. She was blonde, her eyes dark, a smile curving the edge of her full lips.

"Antonina!" The Empress said, her own smile wide.

The woman, Antonina, was taller than Theodora, though only just. She was much paler than the Empress; she had the creamy sort of pallor of one who rarely ventured out beneath the sun. Her body was full; her curves luscious. I could see the shape of them, teased by the sheer fabric of the yellow dress that was draped over her body.

Two, thin straps looped over the bare flesh of her shoulders, plunging downward into a neckline that strained with the effort of containing a pair of massive breasts. They shifted, trembling as she swayed towards us, threatening to burst free with every step.

The dress was belted tight to her waist. The fabric slitted along the length of both legs; exposing the milky flesh of her naked thighs and hips. There was just a single flap of fabric hanging between her legs; the only thing protecting what little of her remained hidden.

Antonina was stunningly beautiful. And there was a little quirk in the corner of her smile. It tempted; tantalized, like the sweetest sort of indulgence. It made my heart pound.

The two women embraced, chattering amicably while Helena and I shifted back a step. There were a few other guards scattered throughout the box. They were Excubitors all, mostly standing by the rear wall.

"Who's that?" I asked Helena, my voice low.

"Antonina," she hissed. "Belisarius' wife, and the Empress' best friend. Be careful with her."

The comment surprised me. But before I could whisper another question, both women had turned towards us.

"Ah, I'd forgotten that you'd gotten a new guard, Dora," Antonina said. Her voice was rich; tinged with the same fullness of her curves. She'd folded her arms beneath her breasts, pushing them up even higher.

I struggled to look away, though I'd noticed that she had a golden hanging from her neck. It appeared the twin of the one Theodora wore, the links swallowed by the rounded fullness of her chest.

"He's handsome, is he not?" The Empress said. "He's that runner from the foot-race a week or so ago."

"Of course," Antonina said, her eyes wandering over me. "I remember. A soldier from my husband's army. How has he served?"

Theodora laughed from deep in her throat, her lips curling into a smile. "I have no complaints."

"Ah," Antonina answered, her voice languid. "And tell me, how does he taste?"

My eyes bulged. I coughed, trying to keep the terror off of my face. My eyes flicked over to where the general still spoke to the Emperor. The two men were right there! What would they do to me if they heard?

The Empress sighed theatrically. "I'm afraid I don't know, 'Nina. My Leontius here has proven...set in his ways."

The blonde woman raised an eyebrow. "Thats not like you, 'Dora." Her eyes returned to me, curling around the shape of my face, the set of my shoulders and muscles of my arms. "I admit, I'm quite intrigued."

"Yes," the Empress said, her smile on me. "My Leontius is quite unique."

With that, the two women drifted away, leaving me with a belly full of this newest stress. It wasn't long before the Emperor ascended a nearby set of stairs. It brought him up to a speaking platform within full view of the gathered crowds.

He spoke to them, his voice carried along by a series of loud-voiced callers. He bade them welcome, offering his hopes for the day and informing them on the wars abroad. Ten or so minutes later, he signalled for the show to begin.

Trumpets blared and the crowd roared. Their thunder shook the very air. Down on the sands, a flood of jugglers, dancers and acrobats tumbled out. They were all dressed in either blue or green. Each performed at their utmost, all trying to outdo the others and capture the eyes of the crowd and of the attention of their faction lords.

Helena and I exchanged a handful of remarks while the spectacle unfolded below us. This was a pre-show of sorts, with the races only beginning a while later.

We did not speak much, however, both of us conscious of the weight of thousands of eyes. She did not slouch, her gaze forward. The attention of the world was upon us; and none would find fault with the way their Empress was protected.

A bare ten minutes had passed before I saw Antonina; who'd been seated next to the Empress, get up and come towards us.

"Here we go," Helena muttered.

The blonde-haired woman ignored her, meeting my gaze with a little smile curling her lips. "Leontius, is it not? You're to escort me to my chambers."

"Ah," I said, my heart suddenly beating faster. "Your chambers, mistress?"

"Yes," she said, her lips curling wider. "I'm afraid that I underestimated the heat of the day." She absentmindedly hooked a finger into her straining neckline and pulled. "Its too hot. I need to get into something more...comfortable."

I coughed, managing to swallow past my now dry throat. I made a herculean effort of will to keep my eyes on hers. "Apologies mistress. I cannot leave the Empress."

"Oh, come now," she said. She leaned forward slightly, revealing more of the milky flesh of her breasts. "I might collapse. I really need to get out of these clothes."

I nearly choked.

I managed to shift my gaze to the side, my eyes flicking over to where the Emperor sat speaking with her husband. Belisarius was one of the most powerful men in the Empire, as famous for his temper as he was for his skill on the battlefield.

His back was too us now, but I needed no help imagining the fury that would paint his face if he found me alone in his wife's chambers. He might even have me crucified. The punishment had been abolished nearly two-hundred years ago. Perhaps my death would bring it back into vogue.

"I apologize again, mistress," I managed. "I cannot leave."

Something flashed across Antonina's expression, wiping her smile away for an instant before it returned. "Your dedication to your Empress is admirable, soldier. But my chambers aren't far. And I assure you, we will not be long."

"I'll take you there, Antonina," Helena cut in. "Leo here would probably only get lost."

I nodded energetically.

The woman's gaze flicked disdainfully over to where Helena stood. "Thank you, Helena, but no. I need a real guard."

"I promise that you'll be safe with me."

A little smirk twisted Antonina's lips. "Helena, please. You were always better on your knees than with that sword."

Helena flinched. Her eyes flicked to me before she lowered them. Her lips tightened, and she didn't speak again.

"Shall we, then?" Antonina said, her gaze returning to me.

I felt my face harden, angry now. "No."

She lost her smile. "Your Empress has granted you to me for this, soldier. You will do what I desire."

I opened my mouth to tell her exactly where she could shove her desires, but Helena spoke over me. "You'd better go, Leo." Her voice was tight with anger, but she held it. "The Empress is watching us. I'll keep her safe."

When I glanced over, I did indeed find Theodora's dark eyes on me. She smiled, nodding her head and turning away.

I grit my teeth. My eyes flicked back to Helena. She nodded as well, her cheeks flushed. "Go."

I let out a breath, finally deciding that I didn't have a choice. I had my orders. I followed Antonina out of the Hippodrome. She didn't speak to me as we moved through the wings of the Imperial Palace. She stayed ahead of me, her step sure.

My anger left quickly, replaced by renewed fear. I was alone, following the general's wife to her private chambers. But, as the minutes passed, I found that that started to fade as well. It was hard to stay terrified, guided as I was by the rhythmic sway of Antonina's hips.

The pale flesh of her thighs, and the rounded curves of her behind were clear beneath the yellow of her twice slitted dress. That narrow, swaying slice of cloth did little to hide the naked, firm-smoothness of her ass. I was hypnotized by the way the muscles shifted; held captive by the way she bounced. Gravity pulled at her; the weight of each heavy cheek adding to the snap of her hips.

We eventually arrived at a carved wooden door, the hallway empty around us. Antonina placed her hand on the handle, turning towards me.

"Come in with me, soldier."

"I will stay out here, mistress. I'll guard the door."

I expected her to be angry, would have welcomed it even. Instead, she just smiled; a spark of something flickering behind her eyes.

"Ah, Leontius," she said in that low, rich voice. She swayed towards me, her eyes never leaving mind. I was forced back until my breastplate scraped the wall. "You served beneath my husband, correct?"

I nodded, my heart pounding. I stiffened when I suddenly felt the warmth of her hand on my arm.

"Shhh," she said. She'd touched my shield arm, her fingers finding the straps that bound it to me. "Don't worry. He adores me, you know. My Belisarius."

I didn't know what to do. I was trapped; frozen by her nearness and the scent of her flooding through me. It heady; a flowery scent with some spice that I didn't know.

"He's very protective."

My shield suddenly clattered to the floor, and I nearly jumped from my skin

.

Antonina laughed, low and from deep within her throat. She leaned into me; her palms pressed against my breastplate.

"Theres no need to be afraid," she breathed. "Not if you give me what I want."

"Mistress?" I croaked.

"You'll give me what I want," she said. "Or my husband will hear that you attacked me."

I inhaled sharply. "What? Mistress, I--"

"Shhh," she said again. That spark had turned to flames behind her eyes. Her palm rose to cup my cheek. "You're mine."

And I was. I was completely at her mercy; at the mercy of whatever word, she brought back to her husband. We were the only ones here. And of the two of us, it wouldn't be my word he'd believe.

RobynBee
RobynBee
98 Followers
12