The Silver Guardian Bk. 02 Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lily laughed loudly at this though had to remind herself that they were in the library. "You and all of the men are just as bad my love! I feel the same way watching Master Eldar do the same thing at times. It's really quite nice to see that even with how timeless some of the Elven race is that even the oldest among them can still experience and share in the joy and innocence that only children can bring out. These are a special people and I thank Luna that we are tied so closely together as friends and allies in this vision. We are very blessed."

Dante hugged her tightly before kissing her again. "Well we should probably get back to it. We still have a lot to learn though thank Luna as you said earlier that we can adjust and grow to it. I can't imagine doing this as a human, rather when I thought I was human, and being able to do all this. I didn't know it was possible before this but I'm photographic now in my memory and I know you are now too. We've trained and enchanted and grown our mind and it's adjusted to a new level of organization and construction. We are definitely becoming something else and while we may be extreme examples this is Luna's will and I don't know where it will end up. We are more than lycans now but I don't know what to call us. Maybe just stick with Children of Luna, I don't know. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it. Ughhh, we need that break."

* * * * *

Later that evening Dante walked into Lobelia's Audience Room and sat down before his friend. "Lobelia I want to thank you again for all of the time and effort and energy you have been giving us and putting into training all of us. But it's been a month now and everyone is wearing down a bit. We need a day off and I think all of my wolves need it. Could we explore the city and surrounding areas and have a day of down time and rest?"

Lobelia leaned back in her chair and smiled at her new friend. She and Lily and Dante especially had gotten very close very quickly and they all regarded each other as dear lifelong friends now. Their people would reflect this friendship and would always be tied tightly together in the coming future.

"Of course Dante and honestly I'm going to take the same suggestion and take a day off and cancel Court as well. I will supply guards to act as guides for your group and any other individuals or groups that break off. You have access to the bank now and have your accounts set up so you can distribute money to your people, but I understand some have setup their own accounts as well. As time goes on and our people grow together trade and business will boom, that is a certainty. We will meet back the day after tomorrow and continue on with business as usual. Tell the kids their Aunt Lobelia says hi and she hopes they have fun in the city and wherever you go. You will need these though."

She put four gold tubes on the table. "These are your papers showing your rank and titles as well as entitling you to the Royal Discount among businesses. One for each of your family."

Dante picked them up and looked them over. "Thank you Lobelia as always I do appreciate everything."

Lobelia smiled and waved her hand. "Pish posh, we're basically family at this point Dante and we are working towards the same goals. Think nothing of it. You haven't really gone into the city much since you got here and this is overdue."

* * * * *

The next day Dante and Lily with Fenrir and Alunra, who were scampering along everywhere, were walking into one of the business districts in the city with Astrid and Bryn along with them and a modest guard acting as guides and escorts. This was a safe place and everyone was relaxing and enjoying seeing more of this amazing place. Each district seemed to have a unique but related architecture marrying nature with refined buildings and finishings. Buildings were made from stone and wood as well as glass and metal and followed organic designs that made it almost like walking through a artificial forest and grove. It was truly unique and very beautiful and like nothing they had seen before. Everyone was enjoying the fantastical atmosphere and feeling and wandering around. There were some stops they wanted to make and some shopping they wanted to do as well.

They stopped for a delicious and incredible breakfast at a little eatery that one of the guards knew of. They ended up dinning in platforms in the branches of an enormous tree and the food was delicious and the service very good. The kids were fascinated as they watched birds and little furred animals roving through the tree as they surprised along and their heads were constantly moving as they pointed out new things.

Astrid was finishing some kind of exotic juice and remarked on their location. "This is so beautiful and so unique, I love it and the kids love it to. Though I think we've all been just as fascinated and entertained as they have been. This is so relaxing and special to be up here, that guard made an excellent suggestion. Where are we off to now?"

Dante glanced at Lily. "Well we want to hit the enchanters shop, we want to pick up some new clothes for me and especially Fenrir, and then a ladies clothing store for Lily and Alunra as both her and her brother are still growing like weeds."

Alunra piped up at that, "We're not weeds Daddy, we're lycans. Miss Luna says we're just fast growing wolves and it's no big deal."

All of the adults laughed at that before Lily responded to her adorable little girl. "Well if that's what Miss Luna said then it must be true. You're just fast growing wolves. But you're still a little girl too baby and you young man are still my little boy so we will be making sure you get clothes that fit and are presentable. We will have some fun with it so think about what you want."

Dante picked up from there. "We also want to hit up the armorer and blacksmith and talk with them so that'll be another stop. After that we want to go out into the nature a bit and have a picnic. So let's get to it."

* * * * *

Dante and Lily and their group walked into the large enchanters shop and began to walk around and look at all of the amazing things in there. All manner of what their old thinking was of fantasy gear was inside of here. The kids were being polite and careful but they were running around the shop looking at everything. They had their own money to spend today and they were having a blast. It wasn't a massive amount but it was quite large, as though they were children they were heirs to a vast fortune that was quickly growing to titanic proportions. Even if they started with larger amounts they needed to know how to choose and budget their spending as well.

The kids had already picked up a number of things, bags of holding, a space ring where small things could be stored in, self warming blankets, and Alunra had picked up an enchanted brush that straightened and shined her hair. They were having a blast and as the rest of the group spread out they were having one too. Lily had picked up a few things and then joined Dante as he headed up to the counter. The clerk there was a beautiful young Elven girl who was smiling warmly at them. "Good morning and welcome to our shop. How can I help you today?"

Dante smiled at her and set down their tubes, best to get that out of the way as he wanted to make a number of size-able orders. She quickly read through them and set them down and was looking a bit nervous.

"As I said good morning King and Queen Silvrash, how may I help you today?"

Dante smiled disarmingly at her, "No need to be so formal. It's our day off and please for at least today call us Dante and Lily. We will save titles and formality for the palace and courts but not today."

The young girl relaxed at that and looked more at ease.

"We are wanting to buy a number of things as well as have some things created. Some of them will be rather large orders so we don't clear out your entire stock. Can we order this through you or we do we need to speak with the owner for orders on this volume?"

The young girl blushed at how handsome he was but how relaxed Dante made her feel. "You can certainly place those orders with me but I do think it would be best to have the Owner involved as well, especially considering your positions Sir. Let me go get her quickly."

The young girl scampered into the back and up a set of stairs. When she returned she brought along a very well dressed older matron with her. She greeted them stiffly at first.

"Good morning your Majesties I am Rosahni and welcome to our shop. Astreya told me that you were wishing to place a rather large series of orders. How can I assist you?"

Lily gently laid her hand on Rosahni's arm and smiled gently at her. "As my Mate said today no formalities please, just call us Dante and Lily. We are wanting to place some orders for our entire and rather large Pack, as well as place some personal orders as well. We also do realize our position and who we are so we thought it best to speak with you. Dante dear, you ready?"

Dante smiled and nodded. "For our Pack we want to place an order for cloaks. They will need to be in varying sizes and both children and adult. It needs to be in a black and soft but strong material with silver embellishments and trim and have the Order of Fenrir Pack seal on it. I also want them enchanted with minor displacement and protection enchantments on them. Astrid will provide you with the details when she comes up later on this and the rest of the Pack items. Is this doable?"

Rosahni smiled at this, it was going to be a very good day even with the Royal discount. "Yes all of that is doable. It will take some time but we can certainly handle that. What else are you looking for?"

Dante continued on at that. "I want bags of holding for the Pack as well, again different ranges of sizes on them and again Astrid will give you the breakdown. I also want a variety of cuffs or shackles I'm not sure what the correct term is. Four of them today that are magically enchanted and a dozen unenchanted for me to test some ideas out on. After those I'd like 100 enchanted pairs with delivery for with the rest of the items. 500 of the enchanted hairbrushes that my Mate and Daughter seem to be so excited over and 1000 of the self warming blankets. 500 extra soft and fuzzy and sized for children and 500 sized for adults and the same way. We are wolves after all and we would all like cuddling up in them. For the Pack that is all for right now."

Dante reached into his own bag of holding and pulled out Twin Moons. "Now these I'd like to know if they can take enchantment?"

Rosahni pulled one out of its scabbard and looked it over closely. "These are already masterpieces in their own right and made with a very unique forging and metal construction. But yes they are suitable for enchantment."

Dante smiled at that, he did love his swords. "On these I'd like a few enchantments. Vorpal on both blades and a lighting and atmospheric effect. Black light and black smoke constantly coming from them when drawn. Can you do this?"

She thought about the request and was going over in her mind what her and her other master enchanters could do. "Yes this should be doable. It will take a few days but we can get it done, it's just going to be tweaking the effects. But yes we can do this."

Lily pulled out her daggers. "What about these?"

Rosahni looked at them and frowned. "While they are indeed finely made they are not suitable for enchanting."

Lily put them back and Dante spoke to his mate. "We will get ones that can be enchanted done at the blacksmith later. So we will just deal with it then."

He turned back to Rosahni, "I'd also like some cloaks made for my family and our Royal Guard, our Hellhounds. Theirs are to be red with silver and emerald green trim. Astrid is our General and we have three trusted Lieutenants that are like family. Theirs are to be more embellished and greater detail. On theirs highest level non-detection you can manage and high physical resistance and protection as well. Two for each of them, one more everyday material and use and one of very fine quality. Astrid will show you what symbol to use. For my wife and I the same but ours are personal and mine will be in silver with black adornments and hers will be in emerald green with silver accents. Our children's will be pure silver with adornments and highlights as well. All of them will have my seal on them."

He reached into his bag and pulled out a very detailed sketch of the symbol and what he wanted for those cloaks. "Again one of the highest quality for for who we are and another for everyday use. Make sure they are also self cleaning please."

Rosahni's smile kept growing and growing. Already it was a huge amount of work but the income would be incredible.

Dante went to finish up. "The last thing is I am working on my own enchanting projects and need some crystals to act as focuses and spell storage. What can you supply me with for now?"

Rosahni smiled at that. "We have half a dozen large stones and several dozen medium and smaller stones we could supply today. To be fair the best stones are had from the dwarves and where we get much of our stock as well. If you are wanting anything special or larger orders it would have to be through them."

Dante smiled at that, now a new detail to handle when he could. He'd been having further ideas and wanted to test them. "That would be fine thank you and I will do so. Let's ring this all up and get everything handled that we can for now. Thank you Rosahni and you as well Astreya for your help and services. I'm sure we will be back many times as well. I'll let everyone else come up and make their purchases."

* * * * *

The next several stops were at several different clothing boutiques and everyone had gone a little crazy with their buying. Dante was currently dressed in a pair or lean cut and silver etched black leather pants and soft black boots with a silver shirt of some durable but very soft material. Elven clothing was all finely made and exquisitely crafted and with leather which was a common material it was treated and crafted in such a way that it didn't sweat or chap on the skin. It was very light feeling and quite durable. Fenrir was looking so handsome and a little mirror of his Father as he was dressed in miniature versions of the same. Lily had bought some beautiful summer dresses as well as many other much higher fashion pieces that would work in a variety of settings. Alunra was treated to the same and had a large wardrobe now. They were glad that everything they got could be packaged and placed into their bags of holding. They were already incredibly useful and helpful. All of the ladies were now in summer dresses and they stopped at an outdoor bistro for lunch where they relaxed and had some Elven wine and relaxed with finger food and meats and cheeses and fruits. They inquired with the server and ordered a nice picnic assortment to take with them and Astrid was going to store it in her new space ring.

Once they were done they headed to the armorer and the blacksmith. It was a large conjoined shop as they worked together closely. Once again everyone started browsing and Dante and Lily went up to the counter and went through a similar routine of letting them know who they were and that they wanted to place some orders. The head blacksmith who was also one of the owners came out and spoke to Dante and Lily.

"Nice to meet you your Majesties I am the head blacksmith and one of the owners, my name is Veritan, how can we help you today."

Dante spoke to the surprisingly stocky elf. "Veritan thank you for your help but please no titles today, we are relaxing and doing some shopping and would prefer to go by just Dante and Lily today. As for what we need I'm not sure I have the right terminology or knowledge for everything but we are looking to fully equip ourselves and I know our General Astrid will be looking to do the same for her and our Hellhounds."

He paused and first pulled out Lily's daggers. "My Mate had wanted these enchanted but was told they aren't suitable. I'd like to commission a pair of daggers or short swords for her and her own specifications and crafted at the highest level and enchanted for her. That's the first thing."

Lily spoke up since it was currently her equipment. "I'm looking to make some changes. I wouldn't mind if they were a bit longer and more short sword length but I wanted to talk to you about the handles. I'd like an additional hold point to be off the hilt perpendicular to it so that I can hold it by those and spin it along my arm parallel to it. It will work with some new techniques I am learning and want to expand into. What material do you suggest?"

Veritan wrinkled his brow as he thought. "Well for the personal weapons of a Queen, and for the ability to enchant I'd suggest we go with our highest craftsmanship and use adamantite and mythril. They will be masterpieces and I'd like to show you some examples I have made of some short swords to get your style for it. But they will be very light and incredibly durable. Very very few weapons or even armor are made of the material and they are extremely rare and very expensive. But as I said these are your personal weapons Lily and you are a Queen. This is what we should do. I am honored to make these and they will be masterpieces when I am done. Tell me a bit about yourself so I can start to envision the blades and we can work on this."

Lily smiled at that and thought. "Well I am the Queen to the Lycan race and Mate to Luna's own Champion and have been blessed by Her as well. I am known as the Emerald Queen and fight dual handed alongside my Dante protecting his back. Although I am rather small I am surprisingly strong and very very fast. I like striking from the blind side and behind and using my agility and maneuvering to get in close and quickly deliver my strikes."

Veritan scratched his cheek as he thought. "Hmmmm so a speed based fighter. Heavy on magic but high mobility. Something smooth and swooping to whistle through the air and slice and impale. Thin and flexible but incredibly strong. Being the Emerald Queen I can work that into the design as well. I think you'll like what I come up with Lily. Now what do you want for enchantments on it?"

Lily quickly supplied the list. "Returning definitely in case I lose one or have to pull it free. Maybe tied to a set of rings I can wear and call them to my hands. I'm really specializing in fire based magic lately so a focus to channel fire through them as well as fire resistance to withstand it. I'd also like the highest enchantment for hit and chance with a paralyze effect. For the blades themselves I'd like them to glow an emerald green when drawn. Will that work?"

Veritan smiled, "Aye my lady that'll work. They will be treasures when they are done. I will work the Moon and Luna and Lycans into your design as well."

"Now what else do you both need to be equipped?"

Dante smiled at that. "Well we both will need armor and like before this will be private commissioning and master craft work. I know that Astrid will be making their own requests as well on maybe not quite the same level but not far from it. I understand it will be prohibitively expensive for most but we and our Pack can afford it. So make sure to use only the very best here and we will wait however long it takes and pay whatever is fair."

Veritan smiled widely at that, "Verywell Dante we can handle that. It will be our finest work and fit for the Royalty that you all are. We refer to this level of craftsmanship and enchantment as Celestial Mail. Dragons covet it and I am sure that there is more than one ancient set in a few dragon's hoards. Like Lily's swords they will be Relic status when they are done and your guards will be close to it. Now tell me about your fighting and what you need it to do."