The Silver Stars

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What were you thinking of taking to Maria's?" I asked Lachy as we tucked into our lunch.

"Well we've got enough porchetta to feed half the town! I've been thinking of small bits we can do. I'm sure you've got ideas though!"

"I've got a tortilla press; we could do mini tacos with porchetta and some crunchy bits from the garden."

"You're a genius!"

Tortilla making was messy work with both of us flinging flour at each other resulting in us both needing to shower.

"We should save water, I mean, not that we're in a drought this year, but still..."

"You are incorrigible, Miss Marshall!"

"I don't see you complaining!"

~*~*~*~*~

Maria and her family lived on a lovely property a few more kilometres from town. Her husband, Bruno ran sheep and some grain, and he was now assisted by their son Tony who I had taught at school. Their daughter, Mimi had finished school at the end of the previous year and spent a gap year travelling. Tony and his partner, Alicia had a six-month-old baby called Ria, who loved being passed around to everyone present.

"Babies suit you Miss Marshall!" Mimi commented as I patted Ria on the bottom.

"I fear I've left it too late Mimi, and please, you are no longer at school, call me Erin! What are you going to do now you are back?"

"I'm helping in the deli. I saw so much as I travelled through Italy and I also spent a month in Melbourne with my uncle and his family. Travel gave me so many ideas of what we can do with the deli. I mean, a small bistro for lunches for a start, more than just sandwiches."

"See, she wants to take over!" Maria joked, but the love and respect for her daughter was clear.

"How long have you two known each other?" Tony asked as I passed a sleeping Ria back.

"Um..." I looked at Lachy.

"Well officially 5 days, but it feels like I've known her forever. I came out here with all the worries in the world and Erin has helped me see there are other options."

Lachy had a grin on his face as he gazed into my eyes. We had talked a bit over the previous days about the restaurant and how Lachy did not see any way of working with his former business partner anymore, but he had not discussed any further options with me.

"Mia was right," Lachy told me as we snuggled in bed that night, "Babies do suit you."

"I'm 33 next September. I feel like my time is slipping by. There are added complications once you reach 35 really."

"So, there's still time?"

"I suppose. What about you?"

"I don't want to be like my dad. I've only had a couple of girlfriends, and Naomi was the only one I proposed to. I couldn't see myself having kids with them, even Naomi."

"Is that hindsight though, after what she's done?"

"No, she's not at all maternal. I'm glad I won't be around to see it all actually."

"So, you have decided you're definitely not going back to run the show?"

"Nope, I have a few different ideas though. Hey, it's been one of the nicest Christmas Days I can remember. Thank-you."

"It has, hasn't it."

"Come here, I just want to hold you."

"I like it when we snuggle."

~*~*~*~*~

The next few days I knew Lachy was up to something. We drove to a nearby national park and hiked to a waterfall before going for a swim, however at home, Lachy was busy writing in his notebook. The final chapter of my story had been published and there were a few criticisms of everything ending so tightly, and those who believed Jacinta was bound to be polyamorous and settling with one guy would never work, but there were others who also wrote praise about the ending.

Tammy, Dean and their family returned from their Christmas trip and we had them out for a taco night. Tammy thought Lachy was perfect, but I reminded her it was early days and we had both really been on leave.

"I'm scared it's just a holiday romance, Tam," I confided as we talked together after dinner.

"He likes you, woman! Blind Freddy could see that!"

"Yeah, but I like my job and I like it here and I don't really want to go back to the city."

~*~*~*~*~

"Let's camp under the stars tonight!" Lachy proposed one evening after we sat on the deck and talked about our families. It was a cool evening and Lachy was insistent we could both fit in his swag. "It's the stars, I mean, I'm bloody lucky I'd slowed down to look at them when the tyre blew otherwise it could have been very different."

"They're beautiful, aren't they. You're like the wise man from the east guided by the stars to me!"

"I rang Shane this afternoon and told him I wanted out."

"How did he take it?"

"I think he expected it. He's got people lined up already I believe."

"Didn't you say your flat was above the restaurant? Where will you live?"

"Not sure. Are you getting sick of--?"

"No, not at all!" I interjected before he had finished.

"You see, there's a place out near Woop Woop that has a pub that is looking for a chef. It's also got another family who run a deli and want to expand and a stunningly gorgeous schoolteacher who has caught my eye."

"Are you serious?" I asked spinning onto my side to look at Lachy,

"I spoke with Mimi and Maria the other day and they are keen on looking at possibilities. Mimi is a good kid and has some great ideas, like putting in a wood fired pizza oven. I've just been wanting to find the right time to talk about it with you because I know you'll have amazing thoughts about food and stuff too."

I had often lamented there was nowhere in town to dine out. We had several smaller towns less than 30km away from us, a few even having better dining options than our bigger centre. The thing that shocked me most with this revelation however was the joy it sent straight to my heart, knowing Lachy was thinking of staying.

"It would be hard work on your own." I offered.

"I've got some former apprentices in Sydney I'd like to sus out and see if they'd be interested in sampling some country air, plus I could take on a local apprentice or two. I haven't spoken to the owners yet, but even if this does fall through, I need to admit to myself and to you that you and me, well to me this is more than a fling. Also, you're one of the wisest women I've ever met."

Lachy gazed into my eyes and my heart melted. I had not wanted to assume anything after Lachy had suggested he needed a 'fling' in the early days of knowing me. I enjoyed having him around. We had spent a lot of time together, but we had also spent time doing our own things. I thought back to the Priest's sermon from Christmas and being open to things.

"I've never been religious, and when the priest spoke about being open to blessings and joy, I could have sworn he was staring straight at me."

"Nonna used to tell me you always hear what you need to hear. I'm glad you chose that bit to focus on though, and not the bit about the purity and chastity of the Virgin Mary!"

We both laughed and smiled at each other, Lachy stroked a bit of hair from my face and planted small kisses all over my head.

"Erin, I thought I was running from when I arrived here, but I don't want to run anymore. The joy and blessings you've given me over the last week and a bit have been the best Christmas gift ever."

"I was thinking the same thing, Big man. It's not that I need you, but I want you. In fact, I want you more and more each day."

"Big man hey?"

"You heard it! Now shut up and roll over so I can climb on top and swathe your cock in my womanly folds."

"You are so putting that line in your next story!"

"Maybe! Would you prefer me to be straight and just tell you to fuck me?"

"I like the idea of being swathed in you, now and in the future too!"

"You got it! Now..." Our lips met, cementing our growing feelings for each other and a feeling of contentment I had never imagined possible.