The "Situationship"

Story Info
She's had enough of your BS.
6.4k words
4.53
9.1k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I can't believe he made me drive." I stomped my way to my car. I'm five blocks out of his way and he wouldn't pick me up. I would have left earlier if he told me to drive ahead of time. Parking sucks at the restaurant, it's an absolute nightmare. I'm just going to try and deal with him until Valentine's Day. The situationship is not working.

I drive through the busy streets looking everywhere for a parking spot. Great, now I am going to be late. I hate being late. Finally, a car pulls out in front of me and I whip into a parking spot. It's cold out and I huddle into my coat walking into the restaurant.

The waiting area is packed. It's the weekend before Valentine's Day and a lot of couples are already out. There is an elderly couple waiting. She's holding a flower, and her husband is gently rubbing her leg while they wait. It's adorable, and I can't help but shyly smile at them. The husband sees me and beams, "50 years of love. Look at her." I grin at them both, "That's wonderful."

"You're late," Mike doesn't even look up from his phone while he chastises me.

Not a hello, not a "wow you look great". Nothing. I sighed.

"Hello to you too. Did the hostess give you the wait time?"

"Fifteen minutes longer than it should have been."

I heard a distinct "Hmph" come from a man waiting. Talk about tall, dark, and handsome. Damn. He caught me looking, and winked at me. Double damn. I saw him stand up out of the corner of my eye. He walked to the hostess stand, threw her a beautiful smile, and asked if he could change his order and have it here. She smiled, batting her lashes, and flirting for all she was worth. He thanked her and returned to his seat.

Our names are called, and Mike finally pulls his head out of his phone. He quickly stands, and moves a little too close to the hostess. I can see she is uncomfortable. What in the fuck is wrong with him tonight? I casually glance back at tall, dark, and handsome, and he is frowning, slowly shaking his head.

We're led to a table, and finally Mike manages to look at me.

"Hello," I say, slightly tinged with sarcasm, "how was your day?"

I'm slightly distracted when Mr. Handsome is seated behind my date, right in my line of sight.

"Same shit different day," he muttered.

"Mike, are you ok? You seem really bothered."

"I just think it's disrespectful to be late." he stated flatly, staring at me.

"I'm sorry I was late, Mike, I would not have been late if you communicated I needed to drive. Come on, this is my favorite restaurant, let's have a good time."

"I don't know why you think it's such a good time. You order the same thing every time. Boring." he picked up his phone again.

Mr. Handsome coughed, pulled my attention to him. He locked eyes with me and shook his head slowly.

"Well, maybe I will surprise you this time, and order something different. Do you have a suggestion?" I studied the menu. Inside, I was absolutely fuming and mortified he was talking to me this way, and more so that this stranger was hearing it. I guess the true colors are coming out.

Our waitress came to take our orders. Mike ordered a burrito, I ordered enchiladas, but as I was ordering, Mike mocked me, and repeated my exact order word for word. I tried to make light of it by saying, "See, you know me well." He scoffed in return. The waitress moved on to Mr. Handsome.

"That's enough." I snapped at Mike. "You're not going to talk to me like that. You're not going to do it in private, and you're sure as FUCK not going to do it in public."

He finally peeled his eyes away from his phone to look at me. "What is your deal tonight?"

"My deal? Mine? Are you fucking kidding me? You've been a disrespectful asshole since I walked in the door." I waved the waitress over. "Hello Miss, would you mind separating our tickets and moving me to another table or the bar? I'm done here."

"You can sit with me," Mr. Handsome spoke up.

Mike huffed again, "Sure, buddy."

"THAT sounds like a fabulous idea." I got up, grabbed my purse and coat, and moved to sit next to Mr. Handsome. He stood up and pulled out the chair right next to him for me. He sat next to me, and pulled my chair closer to him, glaring at Mike.

"I'll take mine to go." Mike told the waitress, and he walked to the bar area to wait, muttering "Bitch" under his breath.

I looked shyly at Mr. Handsome, "Hi, I'm Violet," he took my offered hand, slowly shaking it, while staring me in the eyes, "Mateo."

"Thanks for helping me tonight."

"Is he always like that?" he asked me.

"Not until recently. I think the situationship has just ended." I shuddered.

"You mean THAT guy, wouldn't commit to you?"

"That's one way to put it," I grinned.

Two servers appeared with plate after plate of food. They piled it on the table. A margarita landed in front of both of us.

"What is all of this? You must be starving!" I looked at Mateo, shocked.

He grinned, "I changed your order. I heard you say this is your favorite place, and if that's the case, you need to try this. Sopes."

I grinned at him, and we dug into the food. The conversation flowed easily, we talked about my obsession with Mexican food, and not that Tex Mex bullshit people try to pass as Mexican food. Mateo piled the sopes high with all of the flavors in the bowls, guacamole, refried or black beans, cheese, chicken, beef.

"Open," as he held the first one out to me and fed it to me. My eyes rolled back in my head.

"Yup. That'll do." I mumbled with a mouthful of food.

"You seemed like you could use a lot more flavor in your life." He chuckled.

I snort laughed at him. "I think you're damn right about that. Thank you for changing my evening."

He smiled, "That guy is a dick. A stupid one at that." Mateo leaned in closer to my ear, "He didn't even say how fucking beautiful you looked when you walked in. Idiot. I couldn't take my eyes off of you." he pushed my hair back from my ear, and ran his nose up my neckline, inhaling. "You smell so sweet. Like candy."

A light peck, right behind my ear, and I was melting into a puddle right in front of him. He smiled at my reaction, and continued pushing food at me. We spent the evening laughing, sharing stories, and inhaling food. He was so calming and peaceful to be around.

The waitress dropped the tab at the table, and Mateo snatched it away, then gave me a shut the fuck up look as he placed his card in the sleeve. He walked me out, interlocking our fingers, and bending our arms so he could kiss my hand.

"Where are you parked?" he quietly asked me.

I turned to look at him, "Honestly, right now, I wish I didn't remember."

"Damn it," he muttered. He pulled me into his chest and stared down at me. He swept a soft kiss against my mouth. "He's a fucking idiot." He kissed me again, pulling my chin to his mouth. My hands slipped under his leather jacket, wrapping around his waist and settling on his belt.

His hands slipped to my waist and he gently pushed me against the side of the building. He kissed me harder, pressing himself into me, then suddenly moved so our foreheads were touching. We both needed a minute to catch our breath.

I reached up, and ran my hand along his jawline, "Come home with me."

"Oh, I want to." His thumb traced slowly over my lower lip. He checked his watch, "I have time to make sure you get home safely, but my sister is a nurse, and I'm staying at her place tonight. The babysitter is sick."

My mouth fell open, "That's it, get away! You can't be this good looking AND like kids. This is some kind of trick!" I playfully pushed him away. "Unless you're trying to get married." I squinted my eyes suspiciously at him.

He swiped his lips across mine quickly, chuckling, "Maybe, I'm suddenly considering it." He pulled me away from the wall, "Come on, take me to your car."

It took a minute, but I found my car in the dark parking lot. I was suddenly glad Mateo walked with me. He seemed to be thinking along the same lines, "You walked from here by yourself, in the dark?"

I nodded like it's no big deal. He pulled me closer to him, "It's not safe."

"I'm a grown woman Mateo, I can take care of myself."

He frowned at me, "I'm sure you can, but that's not the point."

I huffed at him while I unlocked my car. I turned around, and suddenly he asked, "Can I follow you home? Just to make sure you're safe."

"It's not that far, Mateo. I'll be fine."

"I like when you say my name," he ran his finger gently down one of my curls. "Please?"

I grinned at him, "Alright stalker."

"Pull up by the restaurant, and I'll meet you there." He took off walking back in the other direction.

I turned on the heater and waited a minute for it to warm up. I slowly drove up towards the restaurant looking for him. A motorcycle pulled up next to me. He flipped up the visor and waved me on.

I turned and drove towards home. What the fuck was I thinking letting this man follow me home? He's hot for sure, but I just ditched Mike. Mike the asshole. Why I wasted a few months with him was beyond me. Speaking of, Mike the asshole was parked in front of my house. You have to be kidding me.

I pulled into my driveway, the motorcycle pulling up behind me. I sat there for a moment gathering my thoughts before confronting Mike. Mateo came up next to my door, and opened it for me.

Surprised, I grinned at him, "Thank you, Sir."

He inhaled deeply at my words.

"What the fuck is this, Violet?" Mike's voice rang out through the night and I heard his feet crunching on the cold grass as he stomped towards me.

Mateo held out his hand to help me out of the car. I locked it, and closed the door, calmly. Turning towards Mike who was still huffing his way to me.

"Violet, I can't believe you left me at the restaurant like that, and I come here to apologize because I was being a dick, and this guy is here with you? What the fuck?"

Mateo turned, glaring, and started to take a step towards Mike. I put my hand on his chest, "I've got this."

I stalked towards Mike. "Mike, you made it very fucking clear last week that you wanted to go out tonight instead of Valentine's Day because we are a "situationship". Well, this is not working for me anymore, and tonight was the final straw. Leave. Don't come back."

I turned to walk away, and Mateo darted past me quickly. I turned in time to see Mike coming towards me with his fist up like he was going to fucking hit me. Mateo punched him in the chin, and put him on his ass on my lawn.

"Are you FUCKING stupid, Mike?!" I yelled at him, "Get the fuck out of here."

Mateo put his arm around me and led me to the front door. He kept checking to make sure Mike wasn't following, but he was walking to his car, wiping his bloody mouth.

I quickly unlocked my front door and walked in, pulling Mateo behind me.

"I'm so sorry, Mateo. I can't believe he did that. He's never given me any sign until tonight he was like this at all." I rushed to my kitchen, pulled out a chair for him and pointed. I grabbed a clean dish towel, started shoving ice into it, and grabbed a first aid kit. I sat next to him, and gently lifted his hand. One knuckle was bleeding, but a quick clean and bandage and it was good to go. His knuckles were a little swollen.

The adrenaline kicked in, and I started shaking.

"Come here." Mateo held out his good hand, and I took it. He pulled me into his lap, and tucked my head into his neck. "You're safe, Cariño." He kissed the top of my head and squeezed me to him.

I sighed, feeling myself relaxing against him.

"Dinner. Wednesday. 8pm. Dress sexy. Wear your hair down. I'll pick you up," he said as he squeezed me.

"That's Valentine's Day." I answered.

"I'm aware." he responded nuzzling into my neck again softly kissing a trail up my neck. "I have to go." He gently handed the ice pack back to me.

I nodded, and stood to walk him to the door. "Thank you for following me tonight. I'm glad you did, and I'm sorry about your hand."

"Don't be sorry. He had it coming." Mateo grinned at me, leaned down, and kissed me hard, his hands sliding into my hair, and pulling my mouth onto his. "I'll see you Wednesday. I'll leave when you lock up."

I went back in the house, and locked the doors. I watched Mateo until he got on his bike and drove away. He waved goodbye, and I waved back smiling.

Wednesday

The sunlight stretched across my face. Blargh. The smell of coffee wafting through the house enticed me enough to get up. Coffee pots with timers are the best. I zombie shuffled into the kitchen and waited on the coffee to finish. Cream and sugar in the mug, coffee. Life.

My doorbell rang just as I was finishing my coffee. Weird. I walked to the door in my pajamas. A delivery person asked, "Violet?"

"Yes, good morning."

He handed me a huge bouquet of flowers and a box of Lindt gourmet truffles. My mouth fell open.

"Thank you!"

The delivery man waved as he walked away. I took everything inside, and opened the card attached:

Violet,

You've invaded my every waking thought. I can't wait until I see you tonight. Save me some chocolate!

Longing to see you again,

Mateo

I put the flowers in a vase, and set the truffles to the side. It's dangerous to leave those around me, especially if I have to share.

I went to my closet and started digging around for an outfit for the evening. Sexy. Hmmm. I dug around until I found an eggplant purple dress in my closet. Everyone else will be in red or pink. It's an A line shape, tight at the top, but shows off the girls, has three quarter sleeves, and flares gently from the waist. Shoes. Black, strappy, and wrapping up around the ankles. I added a silver choker with a filigree black onyx pendant. That will do.

I hopped into the shower and took an everything shower. I exfoliated, shaved, plucked eyebrows, lotioned up like crazy, the works. I took time winding each of my curls around a finger and setting the pattern for the curls. I let my hair air dry. I hate drying that much hair.

I spent the day on the couch painting my fingernails and toenails. The toe nails were an eggplant purple to match the dress. The fingernails, I painted black, and added silver spiked studs down the center of several of my nails.

The day passed quickly. I was just putting on my necklace and shoes when the doorbell rang. Damn! I skipped my way to the front door. Mateo was there, and oh my god he looked good. His jet black hair was parted and pushed back. A rogue piece of hair fell onto his forehead and curled a little. Dress pants, vest, tie, and his shirt sleeves rolled up so his tattoos showed. Drool.

"Hi," I shyly greeted him, "Thank you for the flowers and candy. I'm almost ready, come in."

I walked to the mirror and tried to put on the choker, but my nails were making it difficult. Mateo noticed my struggle and walked up behind me.

"May I?" He asked.

He stood behind me, locking eyes with me in the mirror. Pulling my hair over to one shoulder, he draped the necklace for me, and secured it. He kissed his way up my neck, gave me a quick peck on the cheek, and pulled my hair back into place. "Stunning."

"Thank you and you look insanely sexy." I smiled at him, "Let me grab shoes!" I slid them on, grabbed my purse, and locked up on our way out.

"What? No bike?"

He chuckled at me, "I didn't think you would appreciate the effort of getting dressed, and wearing your hair down for me, just to cram it all under a helmet."

"You might be very right about that, Sir." I joked as he opened the door to his truck for me.

We took off and drove through town. He took my hand and held it while driving, rubbing his thumb absently across the back of my hand while we chatted. I was surprised when he pulled up to a club. I gulped when I read the sign. Salsa.

Turning to him in a panic, "Oh, I can't dance at all."

"Wanna bet?" he grinned at me.

"I absolutely don't want to bet. That would require me to dance in public."

He laughed and came around to open the door for me.

"Mateo, really, I am an awful dancer." I argued hopping out.

He grabbed my hand and started pulling me to the building, my protests changing nothing, and my panic rising. "Mateo, really, It's bad-"

He pulled me to the side, away from the other people entering the club. "Have you danced with me?"

I shook my head, "Obviously not." I managed to mildly pout.

"Violet, I've seen the way you walk and move. You just need the right teacher." he leaned down and gave me a gentle kiss. "Trust me. You're going to love it."

A hostess took us to a table marked reserved. The club was serving a pre-planned menu. It was delicious, and course after course kept coming to the table.

"I know why you brought me here now," I grinned while stuffing my face, "I'm going to have to dance for hours to work this off."

Mateo grinned at me, and put his hand on my leg under the table, and started sliding his hand up my dress.

I jumped and grabbed his hand. "Someone could see that. There isn't even a tablecloth." I whispered to him.

"I know," he whispered right back.

Our server came around with dessert and let us know the beginner class would start in 30 minutes. I gulped.

"Mateo, really I-"

"Have I given you a reason not to trust me?"

"What? No!" I tilted my head confused.

"Then trust me about the dancing."

"I walked into that."

"More like danced," he chuckled.

That was it. Full on pouts. Arms crossed. Legs crossed. Really I was trying to calm my nerves.

"Violet, " he took a finger and gently moved my face towards his. Then he reached down and uncrossed my arms. "I promise you're going to like this. There are tons of new people here tonight, you won't be the only new one."

I furrowed my brow at him, "Fine. I'll do it, but if I look stupid, you aren't getting any of my chocolate."

"Deal."

An announcement came over the sound system:

Welcome to the floor, our lovely dance instructors for the evening.

A beautiful woman in a white dress, stopping below the knee, and a huge slit up the thigh, spun onto the dance floor in a whirlwind of arms and legs, followed by another Latin god spinning her, and tossing her around like a doll. They were amazing, and in person is a whole new level of intensity. I clapped and cheered my way through their moves, impressed. Until Mateo reached for my hand as they finished their dance.

"Come on," he patiently waited

"Mateo," I looked up at him, "If I stand up, you might literally see the panic shoot out of my ass."

He had to sit down and laugh that one off. I wasn't sure if I was amused or annoyed at his response.

"Cariño," he sat down next to me and talked low, so only I could hear him. "I brought you here because I think you will be a wonderful dancer. Even if you are shit at it, and I know you'll be fine, it's still an excuse to have my hands all over you all night long. I will also be able to see right down your top. Knowing that, if you don't want to dance, I won't force you, but I would love it."

Damn him and his cute sincerity.

I placed my hand in his, "Alright, let's do this, but I won't be held responsible for any damages."

Hand in hand, we walked to the beginners area. He started showing me basic steps, sneaking in a few twirls here and there.

"I told you," he smiled at me, "I knew you would be great at this."

He pulled me on the dance floor. A couple of fast songs later, we were sweaty, and kissing while swaying to a slow one. He had one hand around my waist, the other holding our hands between us so he could kiss my knuckles while we danced.

When that song ended, I begged off of the floor for some water. After a few hours, I practically fell into my chair.

"You did it. My legs are broken. I'll never walk again." My hair was now flat on my head from sweat, but also frizzy from the sweating. I knew my make up had to be running. I checked it quickly, and patted away sweat and smeared eyeliner. "Good grief, I look like I've been in a hurricane."

12