The Society Pt. 05

Story Info
Andrew confronts Alex.
924 words
4.03
2.4k
00

Part 5 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 10/16/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JDMatton
JDMatton
30 Followers

As the next few days passed by smoothly, my finals were winded up and my semester came to an end. The routine of Jason and I was simple enough: I would head out to my part-time job, where I worked at an assembly line at a factory with Andrew, and Jason would stay at my apartment. He told me he would sometimes call his family, go to the library a few blocks down, or simply take a walk through the early Summer sunshine and the bustling streets of Starkfield.

After the first occurrence of walking in my apartment in the buff, to my very hidden disappointment, Jason ceased to do it.

Andrew and Josh would frequently come over during Jason's time in my apartment, when our work schedules would finally let us catch a breather, and we would talk, watch movies, or head down to the cafe to listen to a performance.

"So where you from Jason?"

Josh asked, as he grimaces and flocked his red bangs out of his eyes with his fingers.

Jason stretched his arms from his spot on the floor, his triceps flexing.

"I live around the border of Massachusetts and Maine, with my sister."

He said, attempting to dampen a yawn that threatened.

"Damn," Josh replied.

"That's a ways away. Why would you take a motorcycle that distance? It would eat the hell out of your gas money."

Suddenly, Jason's expression froze, as if realizing he had said something wrong. I lean forward from my spot on the rickety couch, no one at this point paying attention to the cheesy sci-fi flick playing.

"I-well- love motorcycle expeditions and driving that distance is always a good time."

He stuttered, looking with a sudden avidity towards the television.

Andrew speaks next.

"So, it's been what- nearly four days since you've got here? What's going on with that family of yours?"

There was an awkward silence, only the blasting of noises as aliens invaded Earth on the television.

Finally Jason replied, his tone low, and collected.

"They've been running into unforeseen car problems on their way home from the business trip."

I look over to Andrew, who's intent blue eyes eyed Jason suspiciously.

"What about that sister of yours?"

Jason replied quickly, but stuttered, only slightly.

"She's on a trip with her boyfriend."

The same suspicion crept sharply up my spine. His story was odd, and very convenient.

Jason continued a strangely abrupt attentiveness to the film playing.

Andrew crossed his arms, casting glances every now and then to my guest.

After two or so hours, Josh was called in from the police department. The group dispersed, but as Andrew was exiting my apartment, he motioned for me to follow.

I cast a glance to Jason, who was sitting at the kitchen counter, his attention buried in a flimsy paperback novel.

I decidedly follow my adoptive brother.

He closes the door firmly, and together, at a slow pace, we make a descent down the stairwell, the orange sun of the ending day drifting lazily from the window, casting pools of vibrant color over my face, and Andrew's thick blond hair.

"That man in there- he's bullshitting you. I don't know why he's here, and why he's been here for so long, but nothing good can possibly come from this."

We reach the bottom of the staircase, and exit the building into the glow of the evening.

I knew Andrew's suspicions were right. His story did not add up, and with each possible solution to his problems, he has a roadblock waiting. He is supposedly in the perfect predicament, all solutions not an option, so that his only resolve is to remain at my apartment until his family arrives.

"He hasn't acted dangerous towards me at all. Yes- it seems like he might be hiding something- but he-"

I start, but Andrew quickly cut me off.

"Might be? Alex, I see nothing but a guilty liar when he speaks about himself, or why he's here. Why the hell are you defending him?"

I close my eyes, imagining once more his bloodied expression at the cafe. That haunted gaze that I still notice when he assumes I'm not watching, slightly slipping from his expression: An intense sorrow where I couldn't possibly imagine originated from.

Andrew spoke again.

"You're defending him, because you have the hots for the guy."

I rebound.

"What?"

I say, attempting, but unable to contain the heat that flushed my cheeks.

Andrew glared at me with an expression I've never seen on him. His blue eyes formed into a look of a sort of dark knowing.

"I've seen the way you look at him."

He continued.

I abruptly stop walking, and it takes him a moment to realize that I'm no longer at his side.

He turns back to me.

I stand, taken aback. He has never spoken or referred to me about my bisexuality before.

He reads my expression as if he simply read a newspaper article.

He sighed,

"Yeah, I've noticed. You're my best friend and adoptive brother, do you think I wouldn't notice?"

I feel a surge of nervousness and respect for him in that moment.

I feel my face burn, and he speaks again.

"Alex. You need to realize the situation at hand. If something happens bud, then just know that I warned you. Know that you're wading in waters you need to get the hell out of."

And with that, he turns, walking towards his and Josh's apartment, enveloped in that orange blaze of sun.


JDMatton
JDMatton
30 Followers