All Comments on 'The Soul Refiner Bk. 01 Ch. 07-09'

by Maltry

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

He should've asked Kubek how to safely dispose of the infected mana. He's going to acquire a lot more of the stuff, and needs a good way of recycling mana without spreading the disease.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I love how kind and caring he’s being to her as he nurses her back to health and moulds her into being completely his.

And how she clings to and grabs how of any extra control and influence her exerts on her, embracing belonging to him & having him care for her.

It’s and very sweet and romantic master-slave/dom-sub relationship being formed.

MaltryMaltryabout 1 month agoAuthor

@Anon there are a few reasons Esur doesn’t ask Kubek for advice regarding corrupt mana here. First, it’s the equivalent to asking for money from a loan shark who’s already threatening to break your legs. Yes, I know that’s a bit of a trope, but it’s not something the character is inclined towards.

Second, he already knows how to deal with the mana from the viridian contagion. Why he was dumb, and rushed to bind Myta / rushed out of the city is a great question.

And third, if you are referring to the mana from Myta’s own soul sickness, it is behaving unnaturally. Manipulating mana is the MC’s specifically so a forest god is unlikely to have greater insight into that than he does. Even were he otherwise inclined to ask.

NkwaziNkwaziabout 1 month ago

A deep, rich narrative. Can't wait for the next chapter.

LeakyFaucitLeakyFaucit9 days ago

Digging this adventure!

kingdozerkingdozer1 day ago

way to short not enough adventure i expected ALOT more im disappointed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaltry@Maltry
A former construction worker living on the US west coast. I am writing fantasy fiction with explicit erotic and BDSM themes. Due to personal health issues I may or may not be able to keep up my writing long-term, I’ve started a Patreon! Please consider supporting me if ...