The Spark Ignites Pt. 01

Story Info
A man with a curse tries to cope with its aftermath.
12.9k words
4.85
24.6k
88

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 10/13/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Editor's note: this story contains scenes of incest or incest content.

There are a couple things I would like to say this before I really get started. First off, thanks to Darth Aussie and the crew on his discord server. The folks there gave me the motivation and the support and encouragement I needed to pull this entire thing from being ramblings in my head into a cohesive story.

Secondly, this is entirely a work of fiction, as you'll find before too long. Any resemblance to real people or occurrences is entirely coincidental. There will be incest, but it is not the main focus of the story. I'm writing a harem story, and that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

All characters in this story involved in sexual acts are over the age of 18.

Prologue

The truck I was in roared down the road, on the way to a fire call at one in the morning. I and a few others had been woken up from sleep barely twenty minutes ago, and told to get suited up. I was leaned against the window, eyes closed while I tried to go back to my very pleasant dream about a tomboy with blood red hair, but before I could sink back in, one of the other occupants of the vehicle called out.

"Uh, sir, I've got a question."

I groaned and peeled my eyes open once again in a tired glare at the probie across from me on the far left. He was a shy kid, fresh out of high school, and this was his first call, which also gave him his nickname.

"What is it One?"

I groaned out as I sat up. I knew that recapturing my fantasy with that girl wasn't going to happen until I got back to bed, so I might as well stay awake.

"What's your real name? I know the others call you V, but it's gotta stand for something."

Ah, yes, that question, one I'd been asked so many times before. I was named by my uncle, my godfather, as was the tradition in my family. It was done for five generations, and I just got the bad luck of Uncle Terry being a massive nerd.

"Voldrick..."

I finally said, after a few seconds of silence. That was followed by another few seconds of it, before a couple of snickers filled the air. It was the other two probies with us, their second and third calls, respectively, and they were laughing. Fucking meatheads, strong guys, but maybe half a braincell between them, they'd either wise up after a disaster, or end up being a casualty if they didn't change.

"Two, Three. Shut the fuck up. Were you two imbeciles listening to the briefing?"

Their silence was enough of an answer. They hadn't paid a lick of attention to the captain, so I guess I had to get it through their skulls.

"The neighborhood we're going to is a bunch of cookie cutter houses. Three beds, two bath and a basement. We'll be sweeping the house checking to make sure it's empty. Dispatch says that the family is supposed to be out of town, but they could have come back an hour or two ago. The neighbor who called it in didn't know. You understand that or do I need to slow it down for you two?"

They nodded, which left me with a few moments of quiet before we pulled up to the house, and it was already engulfed...

*****

The fires raged around me as we made our way into the burning home. The four of us moved in to do the preliminary sweep, checking the main room. After clearing it, the radio in my ear crackled. The voice of my cousin Stephanie filled my ear, her tone slightly light, like she was joking about the weather and not talking about a massive blaze.

"Hey V, I'm coming in, the captain wants one person per room, so we can get this cleared quicker and put it out."

"Roger that Steph, Two, Three and I will check the bedrooms, One can clear the back room while you get the basement."

With that, the three of us moved down the hall, I went to the master bedroom as the two new guys checked the two children's rooms. The fire was picking up, roaring louder and louder as more of the walls burned. We had to get this done, and soon, or else we'd be burned alive As I stepped through the door, I called out to the burning room.

"Hello! Anyone in here!"

After a few moments, I called out again, moving through the room, in case I couldn't hear them from the door. There wasn't anyone there, thankfully, I didn't expect any, the family was apparently out of town, but we still had to check. The fire was starting to warm my body up, even through my turnout gear, this was bad. I have no idea what this place was built out of, but it was burning hot and fast.

"Cap, the master bedroom is clear, get the guys ready to water it down, I'm moving out before I get scorched too. Guys, when you're done, meet up in the front room so we can get the fuck out of here, place is going up like a damn gas fire."

A chorus of similar responses followed mine as the rest of the crew finished their rooms in short order. As quickly as I could in my full gear, I made my way back to the main room, making it in about 10 seconds as something crashed behind me. From experience, I knew it was the sound of a roof caving in, fuck, this was bad, we needed to get out of here, soon, or else we'd have to be rescued ourselves. As I got out of the hallway, the three first timers moved into the area, all we were waiting for was Steph to come from the basement. It was then that I felt my arms start to burn, as if I had plunged them into fire. Before I could even scream in pain, an explosion rocked the house, with me at its center, then everything went black.

When my vision returned there was nothing around me. I had been in front of a couch before, but now only ash and purple fire remained. I blinked to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, and took a deep breath, only for the heat and smoke to suddenly fill my lungs. Where was my gear? My oxygen? My eyes looked down, and my upper half was naked, my gear had disappeared. I was standing in a raging inferno with no protection, but even as the fire licked across my exposed skin, I felt nothing but a light warmth. Almost as if I had wrapped myself in a blanket, and not in a position where I should be burning alive. I called out, my voice hoarse from inhaling smoke.

"Probies, Steph, sound off!! Are you ok!"

No one answered, and I soon found why, the only thing left of the probies were their boots, and Steph... Fuck! I ran over to where she was laying, ignoring the flames licking up my legs. She was tossed on top of some rubble like a ragdoll, her mask was missing, tossed aside from the explosion. My arms slid under her as I picked her up with surprising ease, I tossed that thought to the back of my head. Right now, she was more important than my strange increase in strength.

"Fuck! Steph, fucking fuck! Gotta get out of here."

I moved back to the front door, carrying her outside, out of the fire, and into the lights of the firetrucks...

*****

Chapter 1

I snapped awake, my breath coming in ragged gasps. It had been almost two weeks since I'd last had that nightmare, it was almost five years since the day where everything was turned upside down. I thought the world was strange before, but after that day, I stopped trying to understand. With shaky legs, I stumbled to the bathroom, looking for the one thing I knew would always calm me back down. My fingers weakly closed around a lighter, and a special pack of cigarettes, one supplied by a close friend, and, slowly, I pulled one out. With a practiced flick, I lit up the little stick, and took a long drag, feeling my hands stop trembling as the smoke and ash filled my lungs.

"You know, even though those things aren't going to kill you, that doesn't mean they're a good habit to have."

"Don't care. You know the burning helps soothe the frayed nerves in my brain."

In the mirror, I could see a woman leaned against the doorframe, her full body exposed, showing off her mocha skin. Her long silver hair shone like metal in the glow of a salt lamp, placed on the counter for ambient light. Her breasts were average sized, something I could nearly fit in my hands, and seemed to just stay perky, defying gravity. My eyes were drawn up to her lips, and the slight frown she had on her soft lips.

"I do know that, but it's still a filthy habit, no matter if Veria mixed in a few things to make the smell more pleasant."

The woman replied with a huff, one hand casually tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, revealing its pointed tip. This woman was Nereah, and she technically both my boss, and my main job. I was hired to be her bodyguard, and to be the VIP lounge bouncer at the club she owned. Her pointed ears let the world know what she was. An elf, a dark elf more specifically, something that fifteen years ago, the whole world thought was just some fantasy thing that nerds raved about, but things change. It was a group of government eggheads, doing what they do best, who kicked the entire thing off. They decided to poke things they didn't understand, and found out very quickly why it was there. They had found a strange barrier, made up of energy nearly twenty years ago, and, like a cliché movie plot, were told to find out what was on the other side. The Veil, as it was come to be called, concealed an entire world, something Tolkien would have creamed himself over knowing about. Elves, orcs, goblins, you name it, it existed beyond The Veil, and by breaking it, the two worlds meshed, allowing creatures from either side easy passage between. That was how she got here, moved to LA, and opening a high-end nightclub for any species.

"Hey matchstick, you alive in there? Been staring at my reflection for a couple minutes now."

A hand gently brushing my shoulder brought me out of my thoughts, followed by her words, smooth as silk, in my ear. She was leaned against me, her breasts pressed into my back as one hand trailed across my shoulders. Our relationship was strange, she was my boss, but at the same time, she had been dead set on getting me into bed, for some reason. I had held out for as long as I could, professional courtesy, but Nereah was a woman of dedication, and I eventually caved. What followed was probably the best night of my li-

"You know, if you plan on staring at me, at least turn around so I can get a free show too."

She laughed lightly, bringing her other hand up to thread through my hair as she pulled me back, far away enough to see my upper half. I was slim, like a swimmer's build, with an eight pack, gained after I had been "touched by the Burning Abyss", or whatever the hell Nereah said. Moving to my hands, and another addition coming from this power, were tattoo like markings of swirling flame, starting at my wrists, and moving up my arms to end in wolf heads on my shoulders, their maws placed on my pectorals. From there, my face, what once held just a bit of fat, was now lean, without an ounce remaining, and lightly scarred from breaking up brawls in her club. Then, my eyes, once a startling blue, were now a malignant, lightly glowing purple Finally, my hair, which used to be black, now, white like ashes, another change, another thing to distance myself from my family. My family was a sore subject, particularly my father. He is a fire chief back in Oregon, and one of the first to step aside when I was accused of starting fires, only to put them out for the glory. Fucker. What happened to family coming first? It didn't matter that it wasn't my fault the probies died, that Steph ended up in the hospital, that his own son could wield fires from hell!

Another tug brought my attention back to the elf, as she pulled my head close to hers, and kissed me gently. When we separated, she frowned, her left hand cupping my cheek.

"Eyes on me, it's ok, you aren't there anymore, you're far away from them, and I am right here. You don't need to light yourself up, ok?"

It was then that I notice the steady heat climbing up my left arm. I had accidentally set myself alight, again. The purple flames from so long ago licked across my skin, before I snuffed them out with some effort. It was easier to stop them when they were small like this, when I truly wielded my powers, the more unhinged I got, and the more powerful they became. It was an infinite loop, and it still took a supreme amount of willpower to stop it before it went out of control.

"Thank you, Nereah."

I said, after a few moments of quiet between us. With a nod, she took my hand wordlessly, and pulled me back to bed, we did have things to do tomorrow morning, and I knew she wouldn't be able to do them if she was pissy from a lack of sleep.

*****

Chapter 2

The next morning went by in a blur, waking up at eight, a quick breakfast, then it was out the door and on to an appointment I had no way of getting out of. Sadly, we didn't have time for our morning romp, since I had to make it about twenty minutes early to fill out paperwork.

Nereah had demanded that I go see a shrink, since the nightmares were coming back for the first time in almost a year and a half, and they were worse than before. So, here I was, in the waiting room, sitting in a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt, surrounded by other people dressed far better than I was. Hell, there was even an orc wearing a suit chatting up the secretary, probably not a patient, maybe a guard of one though. I was out of place, not that I particularly cared. I didn't really want to be here in the first place. Last thing I really wanted was some head doc trying to psychoanalyze me, when I knew that all I really needed was a bit of time, a few smokes, and I'd be alright.

A few minutes passed as I watched the orc strike out with the secretary, which was fairly entertaining. Based on the snippets I overheard, he thought having muscles made him irresistible. Poor guy, he had absolutely no chance at seducing her, she just shut him down every time he even tried to suggest getting something to drink.

"Voldrick Lennister?"

The voice caught my attention, it was a unique southern breathiness, something that couldn't come from practice. My eyes were brought from Casanova to the door leading into the actual offices. Stood there, holding a clipboard, was a tall blonde woman. Her hair was odd, it had some kind of sparkling energy flowing through it. That was something I felt like I'd seen before, but couldn't place.

After that, I noticed she was dressed casually, in pair of dark jeans that hugged her legs, but flared at the cuffs, like the pair of riding jeans Nereah owned, but rarely wore. Those pants left absolutely nothing to the imagination, she was toned, like a fitness model, and it was definitely doing something for me. Her shoes were a pair of sandals, nothing too much out of the ordinary there.

Next was her top, a dark grey short sleeved button up shirt that had the top couple buttons undone to show off a little bit of cleavage, along with a hint of a dark blue lacy bra, and if I had to take a guess, she had a matching set of panties too. She stood with an air of someone who knew they were the hottest person in the room, and had no need to show it off by flaunting her assets.

When her eyes met mine, she had an intrigued expression, with one corner of her lip curled up in a half smirk, like she was studying me. What for, I didn't know, but the primitive, horny part of my brain was telling me she was checking me out.

With a shake of my head to snap out of those thoughts, I stood up, and pushed my hands in my pockets. My face set in a neutral expression, an old habit. I didn't like my full name, reminded me of times I'd like to move past. I was V, it's what I always went by growing up, and it was what I would die as. Bonus points since my father hated that nickname.

"Please, it's V."

The woman nodded, her smile not dampening at all, almost like she knew that was what I'd say. With a quick movement of ger pen, she jotted a note down and gestured for me to follow her. I did, trying to keep my eyes off the amazing things those jeans did for her legs and ass.

Her movements showed off just how toned her legs were, and drew my eyes to her ass as it gently bounced. It made me wonder, if it was as tight as Nereah's or maybe it was a bit more pliant. My eyes were drawn upwards as her shirt slightly rode up, and I could see the dark blue of lacy panties at the waistline. That sent my mind off into a bit of a fantasy. I was right, she wore a matching set, like she was ready to have a night out with someone special, or maybe even give a different kind of stress relief to a patient...

Dammit, I wish we had time this morning, I'd be a lot more mellow, and definitely less likely to stare at pretty girls. I knew she checked out other people too, but she wouldn't touch them, and no matter how often she said she was fine with it, my hands were for her only. Soon, the woman stopped next to an open door, and turned to face me, a slight smirk on her face. Fuck, she knew what I was doing, great first impression there V, staring at a woman's ass as you followed her, idiot. She must have seen something on my face that tipped her off to my thoughts, because she laughed softly. It was a low, smooth sound, just as breathy as her voice, and it sent pleasant goosebumps up my arms.

"I'm not mad at all. You aren't the first person to look at it, I am very proud of my form, and I do put a bit of effort into keeping it well honed. Now, in you go."

She walked into her office, dropping into a comfy looking chair, one leg casually crossing over the other, and it showed off the outline of her panties as her jeans stretched. A hint of the triangular fabric once again had me staring, and yet another laugh out of her. She knew what she was doing to me, and it had thrown me for a loop. I didn't feel nearly as stubborn as I had when I sat down in that waiting room this morning, something in the air had my mind feeling more relaxed.

As I stepped in, I took in the room, it was a decent size, but kept open with only a few pieces of furniture. There were a couple chairs beside a coffee table, one of which she was sat in, a wood desk with a few papers neatly stacked on it, and a comfortable looking couch. Glancing at the back wall, it was entirely glass, and showed off the view of the city skyline. This entire place was on the top floor, and catered to the influential and wealthy, so of course everything would be top notch. I moved over to the chair across from her, and she smiled. I felt some odd aura wash over me, something comforting, it made me feel safe, like I was accepted here.

"Now, I obviously know your name, but mine is Alariel, and I am a fallen angel. You, Mr. V, well, I never expected to have the one causing some ripples among my brethren up above to walk into my office."

Well, that was news to me, I had no idea that it had made it that far up the chain. My powers were demonic, and anyone with some kind of sense could easily see that. The flames burned hotter and brighter than anything on the mortal plane, and had unnatural color that just denoted that they were unique. These things tended to put me at odds with several major religions, particularly the more radical sects of Christianity. Damn paladins can't keep their nose in their own business. The fact that this Alariel was part of that system, combined with her having some sort of connection to normal angels, set me on edge. I had encountered one once, and they tried to ram a holy spear through my guts, not exactly the best way to make friends. Alariel just waved her hand dismissively at the wary expression I now wore.

"Oh, relax, would you? They have no control over me, and I care not what they think you are. The higher ups did keep an eye on you, only because they know what that power does to the mind, now that you're in the hands of someone who can pull you back, they've decided to leave it at that. Observation, and nothing more. Now, let's get started, shall we? I don't like to waste too much time."