All Comments on 'The Spur Ch. 19'

by Spartamac

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
EGRIEGRI7 months ago

I certainly appreciate your effort in the format you used for "The Spur." An initial quote, Separate character dialogues, plus a unique approach to the touching ending. Visions of the past, and the future. thoughtfully done almost as if from personal experience.

I always gave you five stars even though I wasn't a fan of the flashcard and brevity of the chapters. It took me much too long to become engaged int he characters. I was at the end. I now mourn Jill's loss of two cornerstones of her life.

Thank you well done.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank you

SpartamacSpartamac7 months agoAuthor

Thank you for reading!

shelleycat1shelleycat17 months ago

My first comment was Thanks. I have reread it now. I think the short chapters detracted from the flow. But I am in awe of the foreshadowing, and the imagery and the emotion that it evoked. You were dead on referencing Maunday Thursday (and the feet washing was also mentioned very early on), The precious perfume, and the communion references. The very short chapter on the death of a loved one, almost prosaic in the description, made me read it over and over,, unwilling to accept that this person could so suddenly and in such a way disappear from the story. Thank you again. I am surprised if this is really a first story - it seems too complete and also missing the usual small typographical errors.

SpartamacSpartamac7 months agoAuthor

Thanks, shelleycat1; that's very kind. It is my first story, and I'm very gratified it seems to have touched some people.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous