All Comments on 'The State of Mind Called Age'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Wonderful characters!

5

Ravey19Ravey193 months ago

Another beautiful story detailing older persons feelings, abilities and insecurities. After 30 plus years of marriage a couple are often two intermingled parts of the one being so death of one can be traumatic to say the least. Sandy and Walt found their way together. 5⛤

ArdieffArdieff3 months ago

The quality AND amount of your writing is really oustanding.

300WSM300WSM3 months ago

Pretty awesome story.

bigbob2406bigbob24063 months ago

That was great.Thanks very much !!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight3 months ago

Nice romance and the deck building was well done. I enjoyed this story. Thanks for posting it

A_BierceA_Bierce3 months ago

Send me a postcard, drop me a line,

stating point of view,

indicate precisely what you mean to say,

yours sincerely, wasting away.

 

And what a state it is! Thank you again, Ronde.

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u3 months ago

Where do I find a Sandy :) Very well done, glad they did more than build a deck together and that it was instrumental in building a life together.

bourbononicebourbononice3 months ago

Nice to have stories about regular people. not everyone has a 10 incher and most women don't measure out as DDD. Older folks have a sex life also. Thank you

pepepilotpepepilot3 months ago

Good story, good characters and most importantly, it was realistic. A solid 5 for me!

DessertmanDessertman3 months ago

A great story about two lovely and loving people.

I was 76 when my love of 40 years died 8 years ago. I lost interest in being in a new relationship, particularly after I developed a heart problem and thought my days were coming to an end. However I recovered and thinking I had been granted a second chance, I grabbed it with both hands and I went on a dating site and after one false start was contacted by a lovely 58 yo woman. We were immediately strongly attracted to each other and 3 years later we are planning to get married this year. We have discussed our age difference regarding my sexual potency or possible lack of it and that we are unlikely to have more than 5 or 10 years together, but we both would prefer something rather than nothing. She is unconcerned that at 84 I am 23 years older than her, and that she will likely still be in her 60s when I die and she is on her own again.

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour3 months ago

Really well done.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Trc2003Trc20033 months ago

That's unfortunate I REALLY appreciate this... could be the aging?... loved it, and the way it was constructed too...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

From an older guy (72), realistic, well written story. A lot of truth there.

des911des9113 months ago

This is such a lovely, gentle story about real people. I absolutely love it. Thank you for another wonderful example of your talent

FandeborisFandeboris3 months ago

I loved this story. I kinda felt sorry for Walt. Just a little, you understand. Even though Sandy had a few issues, both had been single for a while. I was wondering if Sandy needed to get his attention any more than she already did. Until Walt had enough and brought out the elephant in the room.

But as the saying goes, all’s well that ends well. Which makes it eligible for the 5 star award . LOL

Seriously it was a very good story, and I fully enjoyed it. Seems to be a habit!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful, 10 stars!Looks like Walt and Sandy are making THEIR home to match their specifications. Even without rings and paperwork, they are married. Just try hurting his "wife", and you'll understand...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One problem with screws as fixings is that they are more brittle than nails. In an earthquake nail joints can flex more than screwed joints before they break but I have to admit screws are harder to pull out than a nail.

A nail gun might be a good investment for a DIY builder with 'mature' joints and muscles who doesn't want to spend days pounding nails with a hammer.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A realistic story about people in their 60's. The only comment I have is I think women of that age require more vaginal lube to start with because of little to no estrogen. You can still have sex but you have to plan a little ahead.

Oral can be just as good.

JerryDancerJerryDancer3 months ago

Very nice! Gentle, sweet, lots of feels. Good job. 5 stars.

I would suggest that "OK" is not the greatest in any story. "Okay" reads better, in my opinion.

DrizdartDrizdart3 months ago

As someone in my late 60s, I appreciated the story's approach to the tease and response.

Always look forward to whatever you want to write, ronde.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit246013 months ago

After a few pages, I realize this story was not in the right category. The category description is: May/December couplings.

This was, at best, a November/November fantasy.

You would have been better off posting this in the Romance category or Erotic couples.

Most of us come here for the maid December, in which ever gender is predominant

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit246013 months ago

A lovely romance, and that’s where this should have been posted.

The purpose of this page is May/December stories, not December/December tales.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you for a very nice story. I specially love the title.

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Another great story, thanks for sharing.

Richard1940Richard19403 months ago

I wish I could have have been so lucky! Great story. Thank you.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler3 months ago

Loved the story and the evolution of two older people. Thank you and a solid five stars. I’m in that age group and empathize with your effort.

Comentarista82Comentarista823 months ago

I was kind of concerned, because initially the story did not hook me almost at all; in fact after page two I was wondering if/when it was going to pick up. Glad I stayed with it as a bit in the page 3 is when it really kind of hit its stride. I certainly enjoyed how you basically had I think it was a 67 year old man with a 63 year old woman, but that really wasn't any kind of an age gap at all. It was cute how she decided to tease him, and I appreciate it how you explained the psychology behind her thinking, and that both of them were open and honest with each other. Certainly everything was normal in the bedroom, and that's a lot more charming part of it, as Sandy was just a down-to-earth woman and that got and kept Walt's attention. So thank you for such an endearing tale towards the end, and after how strong it ended I certainly have no problems rating it 5.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I liked it a lot. If I ever have to put in a deck (heaven forbid!), I'll have to find it and read it again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...