All Comments on 'The Stein Ch. 02'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Hell of a mystery

K.K.

When you try to do something different you do a grand job of it.You've got me hooked. Thank You. Ronnie W.

phoenix764phoenix764over 18 years ago
Excellent

A wonderful story, and masterful story telling. I can't wait to see what Nicki's relationship is with John Parker. If it was an affair, I hope he divorces her, and kicks her to the curb. Hopefully the press will then ruin her reputation, and she will never teach again, let alone have a decent guy for a relationship. As for John Parker, hopefully he will be stupid enough to try something when Eric is under police protection. Why have a trial, when a $ .39 cent bullet will solve the problems. Of course their may be more to Nicki's story...

A fan waiting in anticipation

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Just getting better

Great story so far. I love the mystery.

kydreamrkydreamrover 18 years ago
Well written and quite a gripping story

This story has grabbed my attention harder than any story in a couple of years. Excellent characterizations and a nice tight plot, coupled with a very well done job of drawing the reader's into the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Lots of possibilities

Well written, will hubby escape? What was Nicky's relationship with the PE teacher??? One thing I can say, if she did in fact wait 8 minutes to call the police while her husband lay bleeding with 3 bullets in his chest, the marriage is not only over, he needs to prosecute her. Accessory to attempted murder. No way anyone would go back to a person that was willing to let them possibly die to cover for someone else. No matter what her relationship with this guy is. Doesn't matter. The fact that she let him get away has put her husband in the line of fire again! She obviously has no idea what the definition of "LOVE" is.

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
I Found That Funny

"Tony's expression changed for a moment as if something I had said registered with him."

Can you see one's expression on the phone?

This is an amazing story. K.K. has been raising the bar like mad. There is a problem though with raising the bar too much, which is that what he writes is at the edge of his talent no matter how great that is. I suggest that he uses an editor before posting to correct the minor issues.

I will continue after the end of the story has been posted.

Keep it up. Thanks.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Yep, a griping story!!

This is beginning to sound like a revenge story. Parker is still angry about his intercession with Sarah years before. He may have threatened Nikki to keep her from the phone till he 'thought' Eric was as good as dead. The only thing I don't understand, IF she wasn't having an affair with him is, why she didn't tell the police. So he must have something like an affair hanging over her head. Maybe she fucked around in Germany and Parker has a photo or two. We still have a divorce if this is true. It does sound like she fucked Parker and quit her job to get away from him. I still don't get how the death of Eric would be a great satisfaction of revenge since at that point she could turn him in without the fear Eric could find out???? He would have to realize that!

He may be deficient in thinking and just want to destroy Eric and possess everything he had figuring Nikki is his?

This will be interesting to find out. It doesn't quite tie together for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
eric and tony are a little slow in thinking

in hospital wife talked to john and it sound like she was hiding something. she start the affair on the germany trip,the gift and the crying. police didn't tell him who she said try to kill him.no protection until the suspect in police hands.first thing they tell you (don't leave town).in attemped murder you get a guard until suspect in police hands.a lot of the story add on in the middle make the people like tony and eric looknot so smart. good story as all ways,you are in the top writer in this site,write more thank for your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
GOOD, GOOD, GOOD

Keep it going -excellent story and writing. Professional quality and I don't say that lightly.

fakers51fakers51over 18 years ago
Well written

This is well written and keep me hanging on the edge of my seat. Please continue with the story. I am sure the ending will be just as good as these two chapeters have been.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Story with only a small problem.

This is a good story. I guess Eric may not remeber that John was in the hospital with his wife. If the wife was the least bit sorry that Eric was shot she would have nothing to do with John.

It is hard to think of a husband who would provide his best friend and lawyer to to help his wife who was invilved in his shooting. More likely he would let her hang out to dry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great but irritating

I am a big fan of K.K. In my opinion, he is one of the best writers on Literotica and I am happy he is trying mysteries since I am also a big who dun it fan. I find this story irritating and unrealistic. I have never read or heard of a mystery in which wife is , in the opinion of police and husband, involved in the husbands shooting , but husband is more interested in getting wife legal help than he is in finding out what happened. In addittion police will not allow him to talk to wife to hear what he has to say. Agatha C. would have a fit about a plot like that.K.K. , you're a fine writer, but your plots are irritating as hell. 60 year old George

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
good

No great I am becomming a KK fan over this one. good story

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Great Detective Story!

Where oh where have you gone K.K.? We miss your work!

maninconnmaninconnover 15 years ago
Great Read

You've got me on the edge of my seat, now off to ch. 3

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Excellent

One thing is that the wife talked to John in the hospital. That means she cheated with him and it was over the old girlfriend Sarah.

I'm intrigued. Where will this go? We'll see...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loving it

Five stars. I feel there must be some twist to the story that allows the wife to be somewhat not entirely guilty. However, it doesn't look good. At first I figured she was under compulsion - why would her lover be over at her house with a gun? But then, this guy was visiting with her in the hospital and she seemed complaisant. Can't wait.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
The suspense builds! Loving it!

Eric has a tremendous memory! He seems to remember every minute he spent with a gal he took out a few times ten years ago. And all of the names of the other chaperones (And their spouses!) who went to Germany a year ago - even those who he had never met! Was Nicky being blackmailed? Is she going to have legal troubles because she did not immediately name the shooter? Aiding and abetting, after the fact, etc.

I also love this author's attention to detail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
How did he see "Tony's expression change"

if they were talking on the phone?

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Random Thoughts

John Edwards was Sarah's abusive "boyfriend"?

I realize it's an on-going investigation, but the lock down on info for the victim seems extreme.

And if NIcky gives permission, why CAN'T her lawyer talk to him? He can certainly talk to her parents, and she apparently WANTS to talk to him.

I know he was groggy and all, but doesn't he remember Nicky talking to (apparently) John in the hospital?

And why didn't his boss ask to see an ID before giving out his location? I can't believe that John had even a phony police ID!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still love it. Still five stars.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
ONCE YOU BEGIN ASKING QUESTIONS

the floodgates open and Why's become involved, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I CALL BULLSHIT

YOU WROTE: ((( "Tony told me that he didn't know what Nicky had told the investigator because he was not there during her questioning." )))

That's outright bullshit because it's HIS case and he'd have full access to everything that pertained to it.

Otherwise, except for several grammatical errors, the story is good reading.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Still Very Good

Love how this is parsing out. Nice pace and great plot.

The “John” was an assumed give away .... maybe. College days?

Looking forward to the next installment.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Hmmm, wonder if the guy who hit Sarah Parker back in college was John Parker. If he was so controlling then, he might still be pissed at Eric and want to get back at him for 'taking' his girl (Sarah) from him. Getting Nicky would be a good way, and killing Eric slowly also good revenge. But then wouldn't he want Eric to know it was him?

Good story so far. I like the randomness of how things are happening and how Eric is finding out things, makes it more like what would happen in real life. RL never happens in a good set pattern. One minute you're out walking your dog on a quiet evening, the next minute some asshole runs a red light and runs your dog down, breaking your ankle in the process, and wants you to pay for the damage to his beat up car.

Fucking asshole. I should look him up in a few years and fuck his wife.

Disregard last tranmission.

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

I wonder what significance the Stein has? It was the only thing broken. Did John give it to Nicky on the Germany trip, Then got pissed when he saw that Nicky gave it to Eric?

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Lots of things to tie together here, with just enough hints to make it interesting. A very enjoyable story.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

I'm just curious at what point Eric is going to remember what he saw when he first woke up in the hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm curious about how Eric was able to see Tony's 'expression change' during a cell phone call, when Eric informed the detective of who had gone on that trip with his wife. KK never indicated that this was anything other than a 'normal' voice call.

I'm only leaving this comment because the oddity above occurred in this chapter.

I'm holding off on giving a rating until I've finished reading all three chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Starting to unfold

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. However, they would always have the local P.D. of the other state arrest the suspect. Extradition when no crime committed (present and past) in the state where the arrest is made is formulaic and trivial. They would never let a suspect in a violent crime walk around from several days until he comes back into town. Not believable. Extradition between states is only a pain when the suspect is wanted in more than one state especially the state where the arrest is to be made. John Parker had no record of criminal activity in Colorado.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous