The Story of My Telepathic Life Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stanton stamped his foot into the ground. "Benny, those weren't what we were looking for! I read a list of projects aloud. Which one did she react to?"

"I don't know."

Stanton slammed his fist into his palm. "What good is he?"

"Robert! He's just a boy!" Linda cried. "You're asking too much of him!"

I liked the way Linda defended me. But I wasn't just a boy. I was a 27 year old man. Vernon My Main Man says that boys didn't polish their own armor, that when they got older they got women to do it for them. Savannah had polished my armor, which made me a man.

"We have to find out what she's working on!" He paused. "I suppose we could talk to her again, and try again."

"And read off the same list of projects and sees which one Benny reacts to? No, Robert, that will look even more suspicious," said Linda. "Listen, it worked better with earning reports. Benny is good with numbers. Why don't we-"

"Elevators," I said.

"What, Benny?" said Linda.

"Elevators," I said. "The little voice inside of her. When she wasn't thinking of hitting her wife, the little voice inside of her thought of elevators."

"Elevators?"

I frowned. "Something like the Rustabunny elevators. Things that go up and down."

"Things that go up and down." Robert thought a moment, then his eyes went wide. "Do you mean Quantum Lifts, Benny?"

I looked confused a bit, then nodded.

"Quantum Lifts? She's really pulled it off? That would be incredible! Are you sure, Benny?"

"Well, I don't remember exactly what she said, but it did remind me of Rustabunny elevators-"

"It is Quantum Lifts! The stock price will break the sky!" He hugged Linda, and then he even hugged me. I never had a man hug me before, except once when Aunt Clara went away and Vernon My Main Man hugged me. But Vernon warned me not to let other men hug me because they might want me to polish their armor. I wondered if Mr. Stanton expected me to polish his armor now.

"Can I take him home now?"

"Yes, Linda, take him home." He went over and whispered something to her. I couldn't hear what he said, but I heard his little voice quite clearly.

Make him happy, Linda.

I'm not your whore, Rob!

No one said you were. But he's just made us hundreds of millions. I want him kept happy. Please baby, do it for me.

All right.

Linda came up to me and said, "Are you ready to go home now, Benny?"

********

I wasn't surprised when Linda followed me inside my apartment. I knew that Stanton had told her to make me happy. I tried to think of all the things which would make me happy. Getting a second gold belt. Watching a new season of Rustabunny. Hearing Mrs. Fishbien's little voice thank me as I pushed her wheelchair. Having My Main Man slap my hand in the air. And polishing my armor. I concluded that last option was most likely.

Linda stood as still as stone for a long moment.

"Are you here to polish my armor, Linda?" I asked.

She looked at me with a blank expression. "Yes, Benny. That's exactly what I'm here to do."

Her face was still blank as she took off her jacket, even as she took off her shirt. She still had this thing on with cups and straps but I could begin to see her Big Floppy Things. They weren't so big, which was a little disappointing. Linda reached behind herself and did something, and the thing with the cups and straps came off.

She stared at me blankly for a long moment. I saw that her Big Floppy Things, while not as big as Savannah's, were cute in their own way. She had the big red circles on the tips, though.

"Ointment."

"What?"

"You should rub ointment in them," I said, pointing to her tips. "The doctor gave me ointment for a sore spot inside my behind. It made it go away."

"Oh, of course," said Linda, looking down at herself. She was frowning now, even as she started working on the fastening of her pants.

"Linda, after you polish my armor, can we watch Rustabunny together?"

Linda froze with her hands still on her pants fastener.

"Savannah polished my armor but wouldn't watch Rustabunny with me."

I can't do this! the little voice inside her said. It's wrong!

"What 's wrong?" I asked.

She looked up at me. "It's wrong that Savannah didn't watch Rustabunny with you. Would you like me to watch Rustabunny with you?"

"Sure! After you polish my armor-"

"No," she shook her head. "You have a choice, Benny. I can either polish your armor... or watch Rustabunny with you. Which would please you more?"

A good question! Which would please me more? A few weeks ago I would have said watching Rustabunny, hands down. But then Savannah came into my life and polished my armor. She polished it better than I ever could! I really wanted Linda to polish my armor. Even though her Big Floppy Things were smaller than Savannah's, much smaller, I got the feeling I would enjoy the polishing much more.

And yet.... No one had watched Rustabunny with me in years. Aunt Clara used to watch it with me before she Went Away. Vernon My Main Man watched it with me once or twice, but even My Main Man told me he "had his limits". The feeling of enjoying the show with someone else was tantalizing. An episode of Rustabunny was 22 minutes long. I estimated that Linda had polished my armor for perhaps three minutes. Watching Rustabunny gave seven times as much pleasure! Or did it? Polishing my armor, minute by minute, was worth even more than a minute of watching Rustabunny. A minute of polishing my armor might be worth two, three, even four minutes of watching Rustabunny.

I was stuck. It was so rare I was given a choice. It was so much easier at the Help Center, where My Main Man told me what to do. Then I listened to Linda's little voice. She really didn't want to polish my armor. I mean, she was willing to, but she didn't want to. Then I remembered something Vernon My Main Man once told me. He called it morality. I didn't quite know what it meant, but Vernon said we should always do the right thing for people, to help them, and we shouldn't make them do things they don't want to do.

Linda didn't really want to polish my armor... but she did. It was very confusing.

"Well, Benny?" She put her hands on her hips, making her Big Floppy Things stick out more.

"Can we do both?"

"No, Benny."

I thought furiously. "Can you half polish my armor, and we watch half an episode of Rustabunny?"

"No, Benny. Polishing your armor doesn't work that way. You have to polish all of it, or none at all."

This I understood. Once I started polishing my armor I could never stop until I was finished.

I looked at Linda, with her Big Floppy Things and the frown on her face, and said, "All right. Let's do it."

"Do it?"

"Let's watch Rustabunny."

********

Rustabunny wasn't actually on right now, but Linda showed me a way to see any episode I wanted at any time on my Pad, and I immediately saw the wisdom of choosing to watch Rustabunny over having Linda polish my armor. I could watch any episode at any time! That was worth five or even ten polishings of my armor!

As we sat on my tiny couch I was conscious of Linda's Big Floppy Things near me. She hadn't put her thing with cups and straps back on.

"Linda, can I touch your Big Floppy Things?"

"No, Benny."

"Linda, can I look at your Big Floppy Things?"

Poor boy! Linda actually smiled at me. "Of course you can. We can even hold hands." And she grasped mine tightly.

That was exciting!

And then we watched Rustabunny. Whenever I smiled and laughed Linda did too. She would look at me and actually smile at me! It was an incredible Rustabunny experience! And then, 22 minutes later, when the episode was over, Linda asked if I wanted to see another episode.

"Two?" My jaw dropped open.

Linda nodded.

I couldn't believe it! I nodded eagerly.

Linda actually watched THREE Rustabunny episodes with me in all. The experience was incredible. I don't think Linda's inner voice enjoyed the holocartoon like I did. But she smiled and laughed with me as I did, and I got the sense she enjoyed my enjoyment of it, if that makes any sense.

And her Big Floppy Things! They were so beautiful! I was sometimes distracted enough from the cartoon to stare at them. When I did Linda looked at me and smiled again. I smiled back.

It was a wonderful time. The best. Maybe as good as the time Savannah polished my armor, and the time we unexpectedly had Meat Loaf on World Government Submission Day at the Help Center.

When it was over, Linda got up and got dressed. She saw the hurt look in my eyes, I think, when she covered up her Big Floppy Things. When she was done, she gave me an odd look. "You're a sweet boy, Benny." And then she kissed me on the forehead!

The forehead! That, and three episodes of Rustabunny in one night.

She looked at me. "Benny, there's an event next Tuesday."

"Next Tuesday."

"I won't be coming to pick you up."

"Why not?"

"Carole will be coming to pick you up."

"Who's Carole?"

"When she comes, tell her you're sick and can't go."

"Even if I'm not sick?"

"Especially if you're not sick, Benny."

"Why?"

Linda sucked in her lips. "You shouldn't be messed up in all this Benny. It's for the best." She turned to go.

"Linda!"

She turned around.

"Are you Going Away?"

She thought a moment, and nodded. "Yes, Benny. I'm Going Away."

*********

Carole was a woman with short dark curly hair. She came to pick me up the following Tuesday. I got into the car wearing the suit Linda bought me and my gold belt.

Why did I come, after Linda told me not to?

She was Going Away. I didn't like it when Aunt Clara Went Away. I wanted to say goodbye to Linda before she Went Away.

Carole didn't talk much. Nor did she smile like Linda. Her mind was filled with all sorts of business things I didn't understand.

When we got to Stanton's office, Linda and several other men were there.

She approached me rapidly. "Benny, what are you doing here?" she whispered.

"I wanted to say goodbye before you Went Away," I explained. "Look, I'm wearing the gold belt you bought me."

She gave me a nervous smile.

"Do you like it?"

Her eyes were downcast. "It looks great, Benny."

Mr. Stanton came over. "Benny! We have just the job for a man like you."

"What kind of man am I?" I asked.

But before he could answer, the doors burst in and a lot of people in uniforms ran into the room. There was a lot of yelling and screaming and wrestling which scared me. I ran to a table in the corner of the room and hid underneath it, wrapping my hands around my head and rocking back and forth. "No... no... no... no...."

And then two men pulled me out from under the table. I screamed and tried to bite them.

"Don't hurt him!" Linda cried.

The two men let me go. I watched as the men in uniform started to pull the pants down of Robert Stanton and his assistants. And then I watched in horror as they inserted a short black rod into their bottoms.

One of the men who had pulled me out from under the table started to pull at my pants.

"No!" I yelled, trying to fight him off.

"Stop!" said Linda, but they wouldn't listen.

Then Linda turned to someone else, a woman who seemed to be in charge. She was dressed very differently from the others. She didn't wear a uniform, but rather a very revealing dress which showed her Big Floppy Things, and tight shiny pants and high heeled boots.

"Please, get them to stop!" Linda told the woman.

"Frank, just a minute," said the woman.

The man stopped clawing at my pants. I sat on the ground, sobbing.

Linda ran to me and helped me up. "Benny, are you all right?"

I nodded, but truth be told, I wasn't really sure. I had never before been in a room where people ran in and tried to put a rod in my bottom.

Mr. Stanton yelped as the black rod was inserted into his bottom. "What's going on here?" he roared. He reached behind him to remove the rod but felt a shock of pain.

"That's an anal control rod, Mr. Stanton. I suggest you don't try to reach for it again, not without permission," said the woman.

"Who are you? What is the meaning of this?" he demanded.

"My name is Layla O'Leery. I'm an Inquisitor on special assignment to the Central Branch of New York, and you're under arrest."

"On what charge?"

"Gun running."

"Gun running?"

"Linda?" O'Leery said.

Linda handed O'Leery a Pad.

"Linda, no... what are you doing?"

"It's all there, Inquisitor," said Linda. "He's been selling compression pistols to Black White Supremacists in South Carolina."

"That's going to earn you a few decades of rehab in Pakistan, I think," said Layla.

Stanton's face went pale. "Linda, why? After all we shared...."

O'Leery put an arm around her. "Linda is a junior associate in my office. In the Inquisitor's office."

"I'm a Captain in the Social Justice Warriors Reserves," said Linda proudly, lifting her chin.

Stanton's mouth dropped open. No words came out.

"Take him away," said O'Leery. She turned to Linda. "What about the insider trading?"

"I don't know," said Linda.

"What do you mean, you don't know? We delayed lowering the boom on him so you could get the goods on it. Are you telling me he wasn't doing insider trading?"

"I... I think he was," Linda said. "But I was never able to determine where he got his information from." She licked her lips. "Look, you got him on the gun running. He'll be in Pakistan for 20 years. That's basically a life sentence. Isn't that enough?"

"I suppose," O'Leery sighed. She put her hands on her hips, with her legs wide apart, rocking slightly on her high heeled boots. "What about him?"

"Benny? He's just a gofer!"

"Really?" O'Leery gave Linda a look, the kind of look she gave me when I first asked her about polishing my armor. Maybe this woman thought that Linda was going to polish her armor for her. Did women have armor? I didn't really know for sure.

"He's simple," she whispered.

I still didn't know what simple really meant, but Linda liked me, I know, so it must have been a good thing. It meant that I was easy, I guess. Easy to watch Rustabunny with, while sitting next to me with her Big Floppy Things sticking out. A compliment, I think!

"Let me deal with him," she said.

O'leery stared at me, then back at her, and nodded.

Linda came over to me. "Benny, I'm going to have someone take you home now, all right?"

"All right," I said. "Are you going to call me about my next job for you?"

"No, Benny. There will be no more jobs here for you."

I frowned. "Then this is goodbye."

"It is."

I considered this. "So... do you want my gold belt back?"

Linda's face was unreadable. "Yes, Benny. That might be best."

And so in front of all of them I took off my gold belt and handed it to her. And then Linda kissed me on the cheek (even better than the forehead!) and someone drove me home. As I was driven home I realized that maybe I shouldn't have asked Linda if she wanted my gold belt back. Maybe I shouldn't ask people questions I might not like the answers to. It was a sobering thought.

********

Everything ended up well. Vernon My Main Man got me a new job in the kitchen. He said he wanted to keep a closer eye on me. And I was learning a new skill, how to cook corn off the cob and potatoes in the atomic furnace! And I even got a raise! I was now making not just three credits an hour but three and a half credits per hour!

I was working for Santiago in the kitchen. Santiago didn't speak English well but I could tell from his inner voice that he liked me. Every time I rapidly scooped some freshly nuked potatoes onto rows of plates, Santiago would smile and nod to me and I would feel good all over. And what's more, a new season of 12 episodes of Rustabunny was being broadcast, starting next month!

As I scooped potatoes out of the atomic furnace, I felt a warm glow not produced by an atomic reaction, and I realized that life was never better.