The Story of Tiffany

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Enough... but you know I'm going to want more. I don't know who, but that's for later. I... I want to help you, Tiff. Please?"

"No. You can't. This is mine alone."

"You're never alone... you'll always have me."

"Not this time, please. I have to do this one on my own, ok?"

"This isn't over, just so you know."

"I know... I don't think it'll ever be over for me..."

They held each other for a long while on the couch. He was holding her tight and she was holding him tight. She was crying quietly. After a while, she peeled herself away from him.

"Mark... thanks for letting me come here."

"You're all I have, I can't say no."

"You can, but you choose not to. We all make choices, Mark. Some are bad, some are good. The only choice we didn't have was who our family was. I'm just glad it's you."

"Me too Tiff... me too."

"Mark, can we go do something today?"

"Like what?"

"Anything, really. I need to get out of my head for a while, y'know? I just want to have a little fun."

"I have a little place I go to when I want a drink... you wanna come?"

"I... I may not drink. I dunno."

"Look, I guarantee nothing will happen to you. This might be the only place I can guarantee that."

"Let's try. We can always come back home. I just need to get away, 'kay?"

"I'll give you five minutes..."

She burst out laughing. "What girl do you know who can get ready in five minutes? We can go when I'm ready!" Swinging her butt as she sashayed ridiculously out of the room, knowing she would be ready in ten minutes at most.

She had washed up and was ready in seven minutes. He had changed shirts and was waiting for her on the couch. She came out in a clean t-shirt and blue jeans. He stood up and looked her up and down. "Let's tell them we're dating... I need some points! If I bring in the hottest girl they've ever seen, maybe they will leave me alone for a while."

"Works for me... I'm certainly not looking for a guy right now. It'll keep them away from me."

They went to Harvey's, a local bar and grill. He took her to the bar and the bartender waved hello, then looked at Tiffany. His eyes got big and he came over. "Dude... ya did good! Ma'am, please pardon me, but he never brings a girl in here!" They ordered some appetizers for something to eat and had the same drink. She swapped drinks after the bartender brought them over. Mark didn't say a word.

Some more acquaintances came in, each stopping to say hi and ogle his "girlfriend". He worked with them, so it was just friendly banter. One couple sat next to them, Roger and Sue. Both older, in their 40's, but still fun people. When they asked her how they met, she said she had known him for her whole life, they grew up together, and that she had just moved here. That seemed to please everyone, so it became the "cover story" for them. She laughed, had fun, but only had a few drinks. Mark tried to slow down as well, noticing what she was doing. His friends did buy them a shot of Jack, which they all did manage to drink down.

As the evening ended, Tiffany pulled her brother over and laid a kiss on him. She did it to convince the others, but it lasted a little longer than she had planned. When she pulled away, Mark was staring in her eyes with a strange look on his face. She leaned in and kissed his nose and pulled away, taking his hand and walking him out of the bar. She was feeling just a slight buzz as they walked home, a little giddy and feeling better for a while.

As they walked, Mark kept looking at her. She would smile and look away. Mark was confused about just why she kissed him, and even more confused about the feelings that arose in him coming from the kiss. He wanted to talk about it, but he could tell she wasn't ready yet.

They went in the apartment and she led Mark to the sofa. He sat down as she stood, looking down at him. "Mark... I just kissed you to play make believe. But... but it turns out you're a pretty good kisser! I... I didn't want to make things awkward, but I want you to know that I really did enjoy it. I really did."

"Me too, Tiff. I really did. It... it kinda freaked me out at first, but... it felt so good I had to go with it."

"Can we... can we try it again?"

"It's probably not a good idea... It's been a long time for me."

"Sometimes bad ideas are good. Sometimes you have to do something wrong to get to something right."

"Remember Jennifer Swift?"

"Yeah, why?"

"That was the first kiss I've had since..."

"You were a junior in high school!"

"Don't remind me."

"C'mere..." She pulled his face down and kissed him again, tenderly. "Mark... why so long?"

"I just... I just can't find anybody. I won't just do it for fun, it has to mean something to me. I can't be a man-whore. I have standards."

"You kissed me."

"You met the standards... congratulations."

"Mark... don't tell me you didn't feel something."

"Sure I did. The prettiest girl in the world just kissed me, I'm still flying high. I just know... it can't lead anywhere."

"Mark... I'm not offering sex. I know that would be a bad idea, really bad. I just... I like kissing you, ok? Maybe we can keep doing it sometimes?"

"Tiff, for you, anything. You know that. Just... don't get carried away, ok?"

"Ok..." She sat down beside him and stroked his face. "Poor baby, you need this as much as I do..." With that, she bent over and kissed him. It started small and gentle, but it quickly moved into a passionate kiss. She started getting excited before she pulled back, breathing heavily. "I'm so glad I came here, Mark."

"I probably should go to bed. You take the room, I'll be ok out here."

"Nope. You're coming with me. I didn't sleep anyway until I came out here with you, and we'll both be more comfortable in there."

"Tiff, are you sure? Sure it's a good idea?"

"Like I said, sometimes bad ideas are good." She took his hand and pulled him to the bedroom. "I'm going to the bathroom to get ready, so you have a few minutes, 'kay?" She put her hand to his face. "Calm down, it's just sleep...."

He put on changed into his pajama pants and got under the sheets. A minute later, she came in wearing one of his t-shirts and climbed in beside him. She gave him a light goodnight kiss and rolled to her side, looking at him as she lay. He was on his back, staring at the ceiling.

"Tiff... I've never had a woman in this bed. I know this isn't the same thing, but you're still the first. For what it's worth, right now you're the only woman in my life that matters. I know someone hurt you, and it's killing me. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you, 'kay?"

"Mark... you're helping right now. Just... just being here helps, being with you helps. Someday I'll tell you what happened, but not today... probably not tomorrow. I know when I tell you it will hurt you too, because you're going to blame yourself somehow. It's what you do, what you've always done. Just... stay with me. Hold me tonight. Keep me safe now, 'kay?"

He rolled and took her in his arms and she snuggled into him. It wasn't long before they both fell asleep. Dreams filled both their heads.

She woke up with a gasp and screamed out "Troy! No!" Mark immediately woke up and grabbed her, pulling her close.

"Tiff, it's ok... It's me, it's Mark. Shhhhhh...." He whispered calming words as she settled in with him, gripping him tightly. She was crying again. He was stroking her hair when she looked up to him.

"Mark... I'm sorry. This happens almost every night. I... I probably should have warned you."

"Woulda stayed anyway. You need someone around right now, maybe especially at night. It's ok, Tiff. Just keep holding on."

"Thanks..." They drifted back to sleep, this time with her as the little spoon.

When they woke up, the sun was shining into the room. It was Sunday morning, so they just laid in bed for a while. Hunger and bodily functions eventually forced them up, and Mark was making breakfast when she got out of the shower and was dressed.

They were eating when something occurred to her and she had to ask. "Mark, when do you work tomorrow?"

"Gotta be there at 6 am, I get out at 7pm. Why?"

"I'm gonna have to take you in and pick you up if that's ok. I need to find a job and do some shopping. Hope I can drive that big beast."

"You've done it before. Just avoid ditches, I don't know anyone here who can pull you out! It's no problem though. Get up tomorrow at 5 am with me."

"Sounds like a plan. Once I get a job I'll buy a car. You won't have to let me abuse your truck forever. Hey, what are your plans for today?"

"Actually, I did want to go for a ride anyway. I thought I'd show you around the area so you can find things. If you want, we can do some of the shopping today. Nothing else going on."

He took a quick shower and changed into clean clothes. They went and got into his truck and headed out. He was pointing out main roads and shopping areas, stopping at a grocery store. They were shopping and laughing about stupid things when they came around a corner and almost ran into Roger and Sue, the couple from the previous night.

"Still together this morning? Maybe he's finally found true love, Sue!" Roger said with a laugh.

"We aren't walking down the aisle anytime soon!" Tiffany laughed. "He's got a long way to go!"

"Well, invite us when the time comes. You guys do make a cute couple!" Sue said with a smile. Tiffany linked arms with Mark, laying her head on his shoulder, and waved as they all continued with their shopping.

"Tiff... y'know, one day we might have to tell them the truth."

"Nah... someday we can have a public breakup and just be friends after that. Once I get enough money to move out and stuff."

"You do know that you never have to go."

"I can't live with you forever... Someday, you'll meet a girl. Someday, you won't want me under foot all the time."

"I said never and I meant it. Don't worry about it right now, one thing I have learned is that sometimes you just have to let life happen. You can't stop it."

"Ah, my wise older brother speaks truth." She punched his arm. "Where did you learn all this from anyway? I know they didn't teach that in high school."

"Most of what I learn I have to learn the hard way. I'm definitely not that smart!"

They finished shopping and took the groceries home. It was lunch time, and Tiffany made them some sandwiches. They ate and chatted. She was smiling a bit more than she was the previous day, seeming more calm. He made a big dish of spaghetti so he could take it in to work for the week. As the day wound to a close, they went to bed early since they were both getting up early.

She snuggled into him on the bed, pulling his arm around her. She leaned her head back and gave him a light kiss. "Thanks. Y'know, today was the most normal day I've had in a while. I think I did the right thing coming here..."

"I'm glad you did, Tiff. I'm really glad."

The alarm clock woke them both in the morning. She sat up and looked around in confusion for a second. "Hey, Mark... good morning. I'll make some coffee and breakfast while you get ready."

He ran through a quick shower and changed for work. She had eggs and toast ready along with the coffee, so they took a few minutes to eat before they headed out to the truck. He gave her the keys, letting her drive so she could find the place again that night. When she stopped in front of his work, she leaned over and gave him a kiss. "See ya tonight! I'm making dinner for us, so be hungry."

"Later, Tiff!"

She drove home and started pulling ingredients out of the cupboards. She figured out what she was missing and made a list for the grocery store. She took her shower, taking her time in the hot water. She noted her bruises were still there but fading fast. She was hoping the bruises on her soul were fading too, since she hadn't had her nightmare last night. Her phone rang and she talked to Christine for a few minutes. Christine didn't tell her about her brother's call and was happy that Tiffany sounded more normal than she had in a few weeks.

She ran to the grocery store and found what she needed. On her way back, her phone rang and she answered. It was one of the places she had sent her resume out to, and they wanted to schedule an interview as soon as possible. She set it up for the next day so she would have time to go to the laundromat first. By the time she went home, it was lunch time so she made a quick sandwich and settled in to cook dinner.

She was smiling as she started cooking the round steak, searing it then putting it in the oven for a slow finish. Her side dishes were coming along nicely as well. She was humming to herself when she felt a pain in her stomach. It was sharp and quick, gone in a flash. She waited for a minute, but it didn't come back. She let it pass and kept cooking.

She paid attention to the time and picked her brother up very promptly. She told him about her interview the next day on the drive home. When they got home, he was delighted with the dinner. He hadn't had anyone make him a meal like that in years. When they were finished, he helped with the dishes and it was time for bed, as he had to work the next day as well. They curled together and fell asleep.

The next morning, she made breakfast again and took him in to work. She took her clothes to the laundromat and washed them, as well as any of his she could find. She went home and got ready, heading out for her interview at 1 pm.

She went to the interview and checked in with the secretary. A few minutes later, she was ushered into an office and she sat down. She was very surprised when Sue came in and sat down, reading her resume before looking up. "Hey, Tiffany, I didn't know this was you!" she said, shaking Tiffany's hand. "I'm going to dispense with all the bs, I just need to know what you know. I have a few questions, then we can see where you'll fit." They talked shop for a while, and Sue was pleased with how much she knew. After about half an hour, Sue was offering her a job as she sat in the chair. Tiffany had another sharp pain like yesterday, only this time it didn't go away. She bent over, holding her stomach. Sue was asking her what was wrong, but she could only moan and cry. When Sue saw blood on the chair, she called 911.

Mark was steadily doing his job, currently teaching a new hire how to run a machine when he had a bad feeling. His boss called him over and told him to get his stuff, he had to leave. He didn't know why until he found Roger waiting for him in the office. Roger explained what he knew and they took off for the hospital.

When they got there, he ran in and asked the charge nurse where he could find Tiffany. They had him take a seat, then called him to a room. The doctor was there, but there was also a policeman. The doctor started, first asking him who he was. He then asked how he was related to Tiffany. When he said he was her brother, the atmosphere relaxed in the room. The officer asked him a few questions, and he answered truthfully. Mark looked at the doctor and asked him about his sister, this time a bit more forcefully. The doctor asked him to sit and calm down, then sat beside him.

"Mark, Tiffany had a miscarriage. She's going to be ok, but these things take a psychological toll too. I don't know whose child this was, but he should be told too."

Mark felt a chill go up his spine. "Doctor... could you tell if something... happened to her a few weeks ago?"

"Actually, that's why the officer is here. Do you know who did it?"

"Just a first name and that it happened in California. This is going to be rough on her..."

"She is sedated right now, we will keep her overnight and you can pick her up tomorrow assuming nothing else goes wrong. Would you like to see her?"

"Yes, please. Does she know what happened?"

"Not yet. We wanted to talk to you first, now we will have to talk to her. Would you like to be there for that as well?"

"Absolutely... She's gonna need someone to hold on to for a bit."

They went to her room. She was laying in the bed, a little glassy-eyed. "Hey, Mark... I'm ok."

"You are... you're gonna be fine. We need to have a talk, Tiff."

"What about?"

"What do you know about what happened to you?"

"Nothing really, they won't tell me."

"Tiff, one question first... In California, did you have a boyfriend, a special guy?"

"What do you mean? I dated, but there was no one special."

Mark sighed. "Tiff, did you sleep with anyone? That's what we need to know."

"No! Well... you know. Just that one time... you know what I mean."

"Tiff... I can't think of another way to say this, so... Tiff, you had a miscarriage. You were pregnant."

Her hand flew to her mouth. Tears started forming at the corners of her eyes. "I... I knew there was a chance. I was a couple days late... I was hoping it was just stress. I can't believe that bastard...." With that, she dissolved into tears. Mark gave her a hug and held her hand. The doctor whispered to her that her condition was good and that she would go home tomorrow. She nodded in understanding, but kept crying.

Mark stayed the night, sleeping in the hospital chair. He held her hand all night. She didn't have any nightmares, but she was thoroughly sedated. In the morning, Mark woke her up to let her know he was going to get some food and come back. She squeezed his hand and told him to hurry.

He went out to the cafeteria and got some fairly tasteless food. He took an extra cup of coffee for her when he left, putting in three sugars like she liked it. He came back in to find the nurses unhooking all of the equipment from her. She was sitting up in bed, looking forlorn. "You came back... I was starting to wonder."

"C'mon, Tiff... you know I'll always come for you. I even brought you coffee." He handed her the cup.

"And thank you for that... I don't know if I can live without it. They want me to stay off my feet for a couple of days. I know you have to work, so you can just leave me at home."

"Sorry, you have to deal with me. I'm taking the rest of the week off, after that we can see how you're doing. I'm not leaving you alone all day."

"You don't have to, I'm not a child."

"It's my vacation, and I use it like I want. Sorry, I'll be home."

She smiled up at him. "You always did try to take care of me."

"Always will, Tiff."

They went home and she went to bed. He made some grilled cheeses for lunch, taking it in to her and waking her up.

"Thanks Mark. I was getting hungry. When we're done, can you help me to the bathroom? It might be... kinda gross. They told me I would bleed for a bit."

"Sure. Whatever you need."

"Mark... what's wrong with me?"

"Nothing that I know of, why?"

"Why can't I find a decent guy, a good human? I know one decent guy, but I'm pretty sure there are laws about me marrying him."

"Huh?"

"You, stupid. You're a good man, Mark. Some girl is going to be very lucky some day."

"The way things are going, we'll end up dying together. Nobody's coming after me. You're very pretty, I think some decent guy will eventually find you, but I think I'm doomed."

"I think you just need to get out there a little more, Mark. You're a good-looking guy, a nice guy, a kind person... You'll find someone. I know."

"If I ever find someone like you, then I'll take her. You're pretty perfect too, y'know."

"Mark, I'm pretty fucked up. Especially now."

"Someone tried to break you... if I ever find them...never mind about that. You aren't broken though. Bruised, but they heal. You're gonna be fine."

They gave each other a hug and he helped her out and to the bathroom. It wasn't pretty, but he made sure she was cleaned up and took her back to bed.

"Mark... I'm gonna need to clean up good. I need a shower. I know it's awkward, but can you help?"