The Summer of 1969 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sunday was Orin's scheduled Sunday off, but he chose to stay on the farm and help me instead of going into town. Sundays are fairly lazy days beyond milking and the chores that go along with it unless there's hay to bale before it rains or something like that. Following breakfast, turning out the cows and cleaning the barn we spent the majority of the day on the front porch holding hands, sipping iced tea and talking about our pasts. I'd asked him about the scars on his upper body, he admitted they were bullet hole scars, they hadn't been life threatening, but they hurt like hell when it happened. He had gone quiet for a short period and I asked what was going on in his mind?

"Addie, I aint gonna lie to you. I like you a lot and wanna get to know you more, but you gotta know I been with girls before, I aint pure like I expect you are. I want our time to be special, I don't want you to feel cheated cuz you're not my first girlfriend."

Talk about being blindsided, and yet, he was completely honest, that spoke volumes to me.

"Well ... that was a surprise Orin. I never thought for an instant I was the first girl you kissed, you're much too good at flirting and wooing me to be inexperienced. That being said, I don't have an issue with you having been with another girl, oh, and what was that about "girlfriend"? Care to enlighten me some more on both subjects."

"My first girlfriend was from high school, when I got drafted I got her an engagement ring and we promised we'd marry as soon as my two years were up. I learned the true meaning of the phrase absence makes the heart grow fonder, it sure does, in her case it was for someone else. I learned she got married in a letter from my mom, who happened to read it in the paper. Not only did she dump me, she sold the ring and pocketed the money."

"Is that why you stayed in Vietnam past your normal rotation?"

"It was, why go back to that mess with seven months left? I knew what was expected of me in Nam, so I stayed. Now I wish I hadn't, I was smack dab in the middle of the Tet offensive, it was ugly and brutal, parts of it I can't get out of my head. That's why I've been drifting the past fifteen months, trying to find peace somewhere. When I saw your help wanted card, I knew this was where I was supposed to be."

I squeezed his hand, brought it to my face and kissed it. Looking into his eyes I repeated myself.

"You still haven't told me why you called me your girlfriend."

His face went red, his breathing was staggered. I found myself looking at a guy who had survived seventeen months in combat but was flustered talking to a middle aged black lady about his feelings toward me. He finally looked up.

"Okay, here goes. I said girlfriend because I want to be your boyfriend but I'm afraid you'll turn me down if I ask. I really like you Addie, I feel like I need you in my life. I want to be romantic with you, at the same time if that isn't something you want, I'll settle for being your farmhand, I just need to be around you."

"Orin, I'm two months away from 39 and I've never had a boyfriend, so I don't know what a girlfriend is supposed to do ... (long pause) ... but I'm willing to learn with you. I have romantic feelings about you as well, and maybe we'll explore that in the future, but right now I'm enjoying being at your side. If that's good enough for you, then yes, I'll be your girlfriend, the people in town are gonna crap themselves, but I don't give a damn anymore."

He caught me off guard as he stood pulling me with him drawing me into his arms smashing his lips into mine. It was at that moment I French kissed for the very first time, his lips softly opening enough for his tongue to caress my lower lip. My mouth seemed to have a mind of its own, my lips slowly opened enough for him to softly invade my mouth, gently touching my tongue with his, sucking my lower lip a little as we broke our kiss. I was like putty in his hands and I think he knew it, I think he knew if he'd pushed the envelope I wouldn't have stopped him from undressing and making love to me.

He knew, but he didn't take advantage. A feeling of wetness lubricated my vulva, it felt warm and thick, I knew my labia were swollen, I swore I could feel my blood pulsing through them. My Romeo held me securely in his arms, saying sweet things between kisses. As he stood back his right hand rested on my bottom and patted me twice, no one had done that to me since childhood.

I smiled as we stood in each other's arms, kissing him again softly I whispered, "We have cows to milk in the morning, see you in the barn."

As I spun, I flipped the hem of my dress playfully hoping he might see the lacy top of my new thigh highs. He was groaning as he walked away, my gesture had obviously not gone un-noticed. Milking went smooth, lots of laughter and fooling around, a kiss or three along the way to the finishing end of the barn. He told me to head for the house, he'd finish up and get the wash cycle started, he was going to shower and he'd see me for supper.

I grilled some chicken which we ate on the deck in the early autumn air, the sun making a long lonely goodbye as it slipped over the horizon. After dishes we sat on the front porch listening to the night and watching the fireflies put on a dazzling array of light flashes in front of us. I had an old couch on the porch which we switched to after a bit, we were necking heavily when I suddenly pushed myself back.

"I need to go in Orin or I'm going to do something I'm not ready for, you make me feel hot all over my body. I know where it will lead if we keep this up, and while I think I want that, I'm still afraid."

He let me slip back from him looking into my eyes, telling me whatever I thought was okay was okay with him. As he kissed me goodnight his right hand very lightly brushed along the side of my left breast, he knew what he was touching, it was no accident, but it wasn't aggressive either. I could deal with that behavior and was concerned I might come to like it real fast. As he turned to go he winked at me and said he'd see me in the barn.

It was another night of sticky panties, glad I had bought several pair or I'd be washing twice a week instead of once. Sleep was slow overtaking me, my mind whirled like a windwill, so many emotions, so much to think of. He wanted me to be his girlfriend, oh my God, I had said yes, me, a girlfriend at 38, this is crazy. The lights were on in the milkhouse as I walked out the door at 4:45. As I opened the screen door there was Orin, grinning from ear to ear as he got the milkers ready, he walked to me, kissed me tenderly and told me good morning beautiful as he took the first two milkers into the barn. I followed with the third, he had to have been up very early to have the cows in, fed grain and the alley already scraped, we were done earlier than usual.

We had third crop hay to put up and the guys were coming at weeks end to chop corn silage for the silo's. He cut hay that afternoon, raked it the next day early afternoon and we started baling by 2. I drove the tractor and he rode the wagon stacking, third crop is typically a lighter cutting so we had everything baled up that afternoon, putting the full racks in the machine shed overnight, we'd unload in the morning. Our necking session took on a bit more amorous mood that night. I was scared shitless when he moved his hand to the side of my breast, as he went to cup it I stopped him.

"Not yet", I whispered. I explained that a man had never touched my body before, and though I liked the feeling, it was something I'd need to get used to. As he caressed the side of my breast I let him know that was perfectly okay while we continued making out. I wanted to press my body closer to his but wasn't sure how to go about it. As we stood at the screen door saying goodnight I quickly learned, he drew me in tightly with his massive arms and with his hand on my butt gently pulled our bodies together. And there it was, something long and hard against my stomach, before I had a chance to freak out he released his grip on me and closed the door.

I smiled as I went through the house shutting off lights and closing windows. I had caused that hardness between us, little old me, the girl who'd never had a boyfriend before, the girl who's body had never been touched romantically by a man. Yet, Addie Mae Everett had caused a young strapping lad like Orin to be hard, mm hmm, life was good and getting better. Fall harvest was basically done and the days began to shorten. The last time Mary and I had coffee she asked if we'd made love yet. I told her no, wasn't sure if I was ready.

"You're 39 Addie, exactly how old do you need to be? You've been on the pill for almost two months, what exactly are you waiting for. If it's pain, that only lasts a minute when the hymen is broken and from there on it's all fun."

"No, not worried about my hymen, broke that years ago according to Dr. Adkins, I don't want him to think I'm some kind of slut."

"Addie honey, I can guarantee he won't think that, he's waited this long, guys don't wait that long for sluts. Maybe it's time you let your hair down girl. Live a little, enjoy sex while you're young, it isn't as spontaneous or as often when you get older."

I knew she was right, deciding to turn the heat up a notch or two and see where it led. Two nights later as Orin came in for supper I walked over for my kiss as I normally did, but instead of both arms around his neck I grabbed his right hand and put it directly on my left breast pushing into him. I had worn a soft summer dress and one of the thin lacy bras, I was sure he felt my nipple harden in the palm of his hand. As he softly caressed it I whimpered and moaned into his mouth, pushing my pelvis forward into his already hard cock.

The question in my mind became this. Do we scrap supper and fuck, or do I give him enough to bring him back for more, Dr. Adkins words rung out in my mind. Make him earn it, don't give it away all at once.

"Easy tiger, I'll let you have some more after dishes, we'd better eat before the food gets cold."

As I turned I made sure I swished my hips in an exaggerated way glancing over my shoulder signaling to him with my beckoning finger. We ate in near silence, to his credit he didn't rush the meal, dessert or the dishes so he could feel me up. The evening was warm enough we sat on the porch, huddled together on the couch where I once again put his hand on my breast. It took him about ten minutes before I felt him opening my top, as his fingers slid beneath the soft flimsy material I sensed a catch in my breathing, as in, I wasn't. He pulled his lips off mine and whispered. "Breathe Addie, I won't hurt you."

That was apparently what my mind needed to hear, I arched my back slightly pushing into his hand, then he lifted my bra and cupped my bare breast. Tingles ran throughout my body as he slid the other side up and both breasts were bare. He broke our kiss and kissed each nipple before he sucked it in. My heart was pounding like an old John Deere two cylinder tractor, chug, chug, chug and my breathing was erratic at best. A man was sucking my breasts ... and I loved it.

My thoughts were, I may as well go for the gold and put his hand under my dress until Doc's words flooded my brain. Give him enough to make him return, now I knew the full meaning of not giving the milk away before he bought the cow. I cooed and cradled his head as he sucked, I took the holder from his ponytail and ran my fingers through his long luscious hair. If my head wasn't back, I was watching those beige lips on my brown breast, his fu Manchu lightly tickling my tummy. I pulled him back up.

"You can continue to play, but I need more kissing, more of your sweet lips before bed time."

Standing at the door kissing goodnight I faintly felt the bulge in his pants once more thinking to myself, one of these nights real soon I'm going to have that buried in my body. It was time I became a woman in every way. The weekend coming up was going to be the one weekend a month we both did chores, which meant we'd be done earlier and with no field work we could have a leisurely day. I suggested we start milking early on Saturday, there was a harvest dance at the American Legion Hall in town and thought we might go.

Orin was all for it, he loved to dance, could do the two-step and slow dance, but that was it. I broke out the old 45's and taught him how to Jitterbug in my living room. I asked if there was anything in particular he wanted me to wear, his answer shocked me in a sweet and caring way.

"I'd love you to wear the short skirt with all that leg showing, but I don't want folks saying bad things about you cuz you have a boyfriend. How about you wear that floral pattern dress that stops a few inches above your knees with some shoes you can dance in comfortably."

Not only did I wear that dress, I put on my garter belt, a pair of fishnet black hose, along with matching sheer red panties and bra. If only I was brave enough to lift my dress and test Aunt Mary's theory about him getting an instant hardon. I had determined we were not going to make love that night, but I was willing to let him check the goods, then see where things went from there. We climbed in the old Chev and made our way to town, the hall bustling with people by the time we arrived. The town folks had been there a while, it was only we farm people who were still straggling in at seven something.

Orin was the eye candy of the dance for the women, handsome, hair tied back, boot cut jeans, western style shirt, and his trademark fu Manchu. He stayed by my side as we made our way through the crowd, me introducing him as my farmhand. There were more than a few raised eyebrows when he took my hand, I determined I wasn't going to let the shocked faces affect me negatively, he wanted to hold my hand, mark his territory so to speak, and I liked the feeling of being claimed. I reveled in the fact that he was big and bulky enough no one challenged us in any way.

We'd found Clarence and Mary's table, Orin got a couple beers and we sat chatting waiting for the music to begin. Clarence was not looking good, but being a typical male he sloughed it off as no big deal. Mary commented the expressions on peoples faces watching us holding hands was a treasure to behold, she pointed around the room at all the whispering and supposedly unseen finger pointing toward Orin and me. Orin, being the instigator he can be at times, leaned into my side and said in his worst foreign accent, "Kees a me baby."

Our table burst out laughing, except for Orin who sat with his lips puckered. I cupped his cheek, closed my eyes and kissed him softly, breaking slightly we glanced into one another's eyes and kissed again. I know it isn't true, but I thought the room went completely silent at that point. It was as though you could read their thoughts, why was this young white guy kissing a middle aged black woman who's done nothing but milk cows all her life? The music had started, Mary grabbed my hand and we headed for the dance floor.

Orin:

Clarence looked at me pensively for several moments before speaking. "You know her being with you is gonna bring shit your way. Right? People are gonna give you shit for being with a black girl, this is still Missouri, not everyone is ready to let other people be."

"Well Clarence, they may want to be careful, because I give worse than I get. If it's just me I'll walk away, but if they come at Addie, somebody will get hurt. That aint a threat, that's a promise."

He patted my hand like a dad would a son. "I believe you Orin, I believe you. Just make sure you protect her, and please, don't break her heart."

Addie:

Mary and I danced the first three fast songs before retiring to the table. A slow song started, Orin took my hand leading me to the dance floor, these were the days when you still danced holding the other in the traditional form. His hand on the small of my back was making me feel horny, I was asking myself why something so simple could arouse me. Then it dawned on me, it wasn't where his hand was, it was the fact that he was touching me, soft yet firm, tender, showing nothing could harm me, the gaze of his eyes smoldering into mine. I loved what this man was doing to me, and I was thinking about letting him show me more later that night.

The towns mayor wanted to cut in, Orin smiled and told him I was with him. The mayor didn't want to take no for an answer, we stopped, Orin turned to him, looked down and said a second time I was with him. The mayor blurted out that Orin didn't own me. Orin's response sent my heart into race mode.

"You're correct sir, I don't own her, aint nobody own anybody anymore, but she is my girl, and she doesn't want to dance with you. Do you babe?" I shook my head no. "There ya have it sir, now please leave us alone."

It didn't sit well with the mayor, but I didn't care, he had never so much as said more than a hello to me in my entire life ... suddenly he wants to dance with me. I don't think so. As the slow songs continued it felt so good to be in Orin's arms, I felt him pull me closer, close enough that our mid-sections touched, his cock pushing into me. I panicked, pushing away, I'll never know why, it was what I wanted and yet I rejected it. He showed me no more affection after that song, he was polite, protective and doting, but the sparkle in his eye was gone.

At ten he excused himself, he was going to walk home, he was tired and needed his rest, he'd see me in the barn. I was shocked and perplexed, it obviously showed as Mary leaned against me, hooking her arm through mine. A tear was trickling down my cheek, after I settled Mary looked in my face.

"What did you expect Addie? You've allowed him liberties for some time now, he's kissed and sucked your breasts, you publicly let him declare you are his girlfriend, and then re-buff his affection, publicly. Don't you think he was somewhat humiliated?"

"Mary I've been a fool, I'm going to go find him."

"Don't do that Addie, give him some room and let him work through it on his own. He'll make the right decision. I think the bigger question is, will you make the right decision?"

I looked at her not having a clue what she was talking about.

"Addie, you've let him feel your body, you've felt his to a degree, you and he have spent hours necking. You told me you wanted him to woo you. My question to you is, how much more do you want this man to do before you share the rest of you with him? He's done everything but share your bed, let me be frank Addie, you aren't getting younger honey, you're letting life slip by. He's not looking for a wife anymore than you're looking for a husband, have some fun for once."

Dammit, I knew she was right. Why am I holding onto my emotions so tightly, what am I afraid of, he's done nothing but show me love and respect, what the heck is wrong with me? I looked for him along the road as I drove home, he couldn't have walked that in such a short time, yet he was nowhere to be found. I considered going back into town to look for him, maybe he was in a tavern.

I'd been home about twenty minutes when I saw the bunk house lights come on. I wanted to rush to him and apologize, the better part of wisdom kept my feet planted in the kitchen. I watched as his lights went out, tears streaming down my face. Addie, Addie, Addie, you are such a fool I told myself. With my hand on the doorknob ready to leave my house for his Mary's words rang in my head. *Give him some room, he'll make the right decision*. I went to my room and lay on the bed without undressing, I was so upset with myself as I sobbed into the night.

The alarm went off at 4:15 as it usually did. I laid there, tears once again filling my eyes. I made a decision at that moment that I wasn't going to milk, I was going to clean myself up, dress as sexy as I knew how, make him a wonderful breakfast and then seduce him. Milking couldn't wait, the cattle would suffer, morning chores could and would wait until Orin had made love to me. Milking alone wouldn't be an issue for him, he'd done it dozens of times.