The Summer of '78

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

Caelan climbed the steps into the Gates Learjet 35 two at a time, carried his briefcase to his desk, and strode rapidly to the refrigerator. He grabbed a cold beer, popped the top, and returned to his preferred seat. He had not spoken to or even looked at the two men who had silently followed him into the plane and were standing sheepishly in the aisle behind him.

Finally, one tentatively began, "Caelan..."

Caelan's hand shot up in the universal gesture for Stop! He took a second long draw off his beer, set it on the table in front of him, and lit into them. "You both had your chance to talk in there, and you stood there with your heads down like frightened puppies! I can't believe I've wasted THREE FUCKIN' WEEKS with you two wienies working this deal out, and then you freeze up when the chairman questions the deal!

Well, fuck you two, fuck your chairman, fuck my chairman, and fuck both our companies! I'm fuckin' DONE!"

He drained the last of his beer, slammed the empty down on the table, and picked up the phone. Before he could dial, the pilot came back and asked, "Where to, Mr. Kelly?"

"Maybe White Plains, maybe Corpus Christi; depends on the result of this phone call, so you might want to wait a couple of minutes." The pilot recognized the tone of voice; he had seen Caelan mad before, and it wasn't safe to be within the blast radius. He retreated to his seat and waited.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Williams; Caelan Kelly here. No sir, I'm not doing well! I just wasted another day of my life negotiating with greedy jackasses over a quarter point here and there, and I'm done! Done with them, and, frankly, sir, done with this whole deal!"

On a roll now, he forcefully continued, "At YOUR command, Sir, I spent the last six months getting our reluctant friends in South America to agree to reopen their oil fields to us. They finally agree to listen to a deal, I shuttle back and forth for three months, and then for weeks solid, and now the two biggest American oil companies won't agree to the deal because each believes they deserve a tiny bit more and the other deserves less, and the country that owns the oil reserves deserves next to nothing!

As I just reminded their board, a month ago we had 100% of NOTHING, and no likelihood of getting anything because of the way American oil companies have treated the people down there in the past. I worked my ass TO THE BONE, flew a hundred thousand miles, abandoned my wife and young children, and got the damn deal done! Now we have a highly profitable opportunity that will benefit both companies AND the people of that country too!

Everybody said it couldn't be done, but I got the goddamn deal done! So what do you cats do? Quibble over every goddam detail, and want me to fuck THE OWNERS over to get even more! That, in spite of the FACT that, when they figure out in a few years that they got fucked, they will nationalize the oil industry and we will be on the outside looking in, like we are in other countries where we pulled that shit!

Well, let me tell you what I told your prospective partners, Sir! As soon as I get to White Plains I'm going to turn in my resignation, and then I'm going to accept the standing offer to represent the government down there in all future negotiations! Fuck, I may not even ALLOW negotiations; I may start a government oil exploration and production company and keep all the profit!"

He took a deep breath, and prepared to complete his suicide mission -- fuck'em all!

"Caelan, if I may interrupt, I already know all this. Their chairman, my old friend Bob, called me as soon as you stormed out. He read me the highlights of your 'presentation' after they wanted to renegotiate the deal yet again, and we talked.

Son, you're right, and we both know it. There comes a point where a little extra profit has to take a backseat to making a lasting deal -- a highly profitable deal, at that. So, if you can get that nasty mix of Celtic and Norse blood under control by the time you get to New York, I'd like to take you out to dinner.

The final deal is being put together for your review as we speak, and I promise you there is next to nothing that is different from the proposal in your briefcase."

The incredibly wealthy and powerful Chairman, Winfred Williams, former ambassador to Saudi Arabia and a power player in Washington, paused; he wanted to get this just right. No, he needed to get this just right, because the young man was right -- he had done something no one believed could be done!

"Son, you did it -- you did the impossible; you cut a three-way deal that prospers everyone, and, even if you had to get a bit hostile there at the end to make us see, you got it done! Now get yourself another Lone Star or two, promise me you won't kill Bob's boys for abandoning you under fire, and tell Clay to get that plane headed north! See you for 'supper', as you call it, and I'm warning you that I'm bringing Martha, just to make sure you stay calm! We'll see you in a couple of hours."

Caelan stared at the phone for a few seconds, hung it up, and got a Lone Star. "So, White Plains, Mr. Kelly?"

"Yes, Clay, White Plains."

He took a long draw off the cold beer, and looked daggers at his counterparts. "Fuck you two chickenshits for bailing on me! Want a beer?"

***

The painters were dragging the canvas drops back to their trucks, and their discriminating boss was carefully inspecting every detail of their work. When the crew chief came back in, Barbara Ann told him, "You guys did a great job, Javier! I'm very pleased, and I'm going to call the owner and let him know I am.

I'll be requesting your crew when I need more work done, and I'm going to tell all my friends too. Thank you for being so conscientious and skilled!"

"You are very welcome, Senora! It is a pleasure working for you, and we look forward to the next time we see you." Javier smiled, gave her one more longing look from toe to head, turned, and left. She caught the look and knew his phrasing was on purpose, but she didn't care. Their eyes long ago told her that they found her attractive, and she had dressed in a manner that kept them highly motivated, so to speak.

It was only 2:45, so a lot of day was left. She mixed herself a Colorado Bulldog for a change, and began another tour of her pride and joy. She could hardly wait for Caelan to return and see it! And if he didn't like it, she was going to give him hell! "I might even cut him off!" she thought, before realizing that would be punishing herself even more!

She was already so horny she was changing batteries every week, and she could cum from just pinching her nips and pretending it was Caelan, so cutting him off wasn't a viable solution even if he was mean!

She wandered through the addition, down the stairs, around and through the changes below, and them made her way back up the stairs for another drink. She had barely gotten back into the kitchen when the phone rang: it was her husband!

He told her he loved her, and then asked how her project was going. That was a first -- he had not liked the idea of changing the Shack, and had refused to participate in the planning beyond telling her what he would absolutely not tolerate. He put the onus on her to get it done, within his strict limitations, so him suddenly asking about progress surprised her.

She jumped past the answer and to the most hopeful conclusion: "Why? Are you coming home?!"

He told her there was still more to do, but he hoped they were getting closer. He would be in Dallas tomorrow and Caracas the next day; those two stops would dictate how much longer he would be gone, but he was hopeful. Then he again asked about progress.

Her disappointment toned down her response, so she merely told him it was nearing completion and she thought he would like it. He changed the topic to their kids, then her family, how the summer was going in Port A, and other acceptable topics. It was a pleasant enough conversation, but she could tell he was holding something back and that concerned her.

Sometimes she initiated phone sex at the end of their calls, but it was early and she wasn't feeling sexy, so they exchanged goodbyes and love yous and hung up. She mixed another drink and called her parents.

The kids were doing great, but were starting to miss mommy too. How long would it be before she returned to Corpus, and how long before Caelan was through?

She turned the question around and asked if they had heard anything about his project. Her dad sounded a bit evasive as he told her there was scuttlebutt that all three sides were being obstinate and that Caelan had about run out of patience with them, but he didn't know more. She told him what Caelan said about Dallas and Caracas, and he replied that was consistent with what he had heard.

For the second consecutive conversation, she felt concerned. What is going on, she wondered, and mixed another Bulldog.

Feeling restless, she put on one of her more modest bikinis, kicked off her shoes and took her drink to the beach. She looked both ways and decided to go north, toward the pier and town. Beachgoers were more plentiful in that direction, but it wasn't crowded until you got a mile north. She walked along the shore break, getting her feet and ankles wet and looking for shells.

She had walked a few hundred yards when she noticed there were trucks unloading beer at the old beachfront bar that had been closed for several years. She had seen workers there a couple of months ago unloading lumber, and carpenters scurrying around with tool belts on, so she knew it was being fixed up, but the front still looked as weathered as always.

Curious, she walked toward it. As she got near, she could see lit beer signs and people moving around inside through the windows. She noticed that some of the cases of beer were being taken inside through the front door and others carted around back. That piqued her curiosity, and she moved closer.

The bar was surrounded by three of the largest dunes along the beach, so you couldn't see it except from the front, and even that opening was relatively narrow. Even from the deck of the Shack she could only see the roof. As she neared the building, she noticed a hand painted sign lying in the sand that said, "Open Friday 8 pm - Midnight -- Trial Run" and below that, "Open Saturday from Eleven to Midnight."

Another, much larger sign was propped up against the building, which sat about eight feet off the ground on piers and beams. She could only see the back of the sign, but she could tell it was professionally painted, and that the braces on which it would be mounted were already installed on the sign and on the deck across the front of the bar.

Barbara Ann was fascinated and hopeful. Their beloved Dunes Danceland had been closed for several years, and a high-rise condominium complex had been erected at the site. It was irreverently called "The Dunes", which rubbed all those who loved the dancehall the wrong way. Each year she and Caelan hoped that someone would open something along the beach where they could go have a beer and dance a little, but no one had. Perhaps the new owners...

A horn blasted behind her, and she saw the white Chevy Caprice turn into the small driveway on which she was standing. She had mixed emotions; on the one hand, she was craving adult companionship and conversation, but on the other hand, the four men had proven yesterday that they were interested in more than companionship and conversation. As a married woman she didn't need to be flirted with, pursued, and tempted; she was already restless and horny enough!

If only her loving husband wouldn't stay gone so long!

She walked toward them so they wouldn't need to turn around in the loose sand of the small parking area, and noticed that two women were in the back seat, between Doug and Rod. She greeted them, was greeted in return, and then Theo introduced her to Lauren Walker and Kara Armstrong.

She stood beside the convertible and talked for several minutes. She quickly learned that the young ladies were personable, excitable, and vivacious. After a few minutes of conversation about the new bar and Theo's pretty car, Kara and Lauren told her they had been looking for her because they were hoping she would show them the famous and venerable 'Beach Shack', and the addition they had heard so much about from the guys!

Instantly taking a liking to the pretty and statuesque girls, she readily agreed.

She initially laughed and declined the ride they offered, since it was only a few hundred yards to the house, but relented when Adrian stepped out, bowed, and offered her his hand. She took it, climbed in, and was pulled into their carefree conversations.

How wonderful it felt to be with untroubled young people who didn't have her kind of responsibilities and obligations weighing on their minds!

Moments later, when they arrived at the Shack, Adrian said, "Barbara Ann, we need to make a quick run to the liquor store to get one of the liquors I use for our drinks. Would you like to ride with us?"

"It feels good to be in a convertible again! It's been years since I traded mine to get a 'mommy' car for our first son, and I miss the wind and sun. Sure, I'll ride along!"

Adrian looked at her empty drink glass and volunteered to run up and fix her another. "What are you drinking today? A White Russian maybe?"

"Close; a Colorado Bulldog!" she replied.

"Oh, I love those! Can I have one too?" asked Kara, who with her short blonde hair reminded Barbara Ann of her friend Paula. Redhead Lauren chimed in, "Me too, me too! I love Bulldogs!" They were far from twins, but something about her reminded Barbara Ann of Judy. The resemblances made them seem like old friends.

Adrian hoped out of the car and informed them he knew where everything was located in the kitchen, so he would act as their personal bartender. After confirming her preferred liqueur was Kahlua, he ran up the stairs. While he was gone, the girls chatted amicably and the men refreshed their bourbon and seven, emptying the fifth.

While she was turned sideways facing the back seat, Theo said, "Barbara Ann, it's probably just me, but don't Kara and Lauren remind you a little of your friends Paula and Judy?"

"It's not just you!" she replied delightedly, "I was thinking the same thing! I haven't seen them in over a year, and I miss them! You two will have to be my girlfriends tonight!"

Kara and Lauren exchanged grins, and Lauren said, "We would be delighted! We feel so close to you already!" Barbara Ann beamed.

Sitting beside her, Theo kept a straight face, but internally he rejoiced; this was going to be easier than he thought. Barbara Ann's weakness was being too trusting, and the girls were already drawing her in.

Adrian returned with the three drinks, and Theo drove north. "Rather than hurry to the store, let's ride on the beach, enjoy the beautiful day, and then we'll go do our business!" Theo declared.

"Turn the radio up!" Kara shouted.

He replied, "I can do better than that!" and inserted a tape in the cassette player. "This is The Rolling Stones -- Hot Rocks! It's got all their hits from '64-'71!" Theo shouted, and Time Is On My Side blasted from the excellent speakers in the Caprice.

The two girls held their arms up and danced in their seats. Barbara Ann felt like joining them, but refrained. "Come on, Barbara Ann -- we know this is your kind of music! Dance with us!" Lauren cajoled.

That was the invitation she needed; she raised her arms and danced along with them, C-cup boobs bouncing delightfully for Adrian and Theo.

They were cruising down the beach with The Stones blaring when they spotted an encampment of young men -- at least four carloads. Tents and shelters were set up, college flags were flying, Frisbees and footballs were being tossed around, and they could see beer and liquor bottles all over the tables in their encampment.

Kara yelled, "Let's give them something to talk about, ladies!" She scrambled up onto the back of the seat, and Lauren quickly joined her.

"You guys make room!" she ordered Rod and Doug, then taped her on the shoulder and commanded, "Barbara Ann - get back here with us!"

She turned and looked at the joyous faces and the long young bodies, largely exposed by their little bikinis, sitting on the top of the back seat, and replied "I'm not properly dressed for this in my two piece mommy suit! You two look the part -- give 'em hell!"

"You are so sexy you don't need a skimpy bikini to tempt -- come join us and we'll adapt your mommy suit for the occasion!" Kara shouted in return. She giggled and climbed over the seat.

The tall girls made room for her between them, and she felt like a midget sitting between them!

Up close she realized just how overdressed she was, but Lauren and Kara eyed her from either side for a moment, and then Lauren ordered, "Stand up." Barbara Ann stood on the seat, facing the front, curious as to their plan.

Kara ran her fingers under the elastic on the front of her two-piece, and Lauren did the same to the back. They rolled it down until her taut, tan belly was exposed all the way to the white of her bikini line. They assessed their work, nodded at each other, and turned to her top.

Each took a shoulder strap and pulled it down her arms, which she raised. They pulled the straps off and tucked them under the back strap, out of sight. Lauren told her to turn around and let them look her over.

"What do you think?" they asked the four men, who were assiduously assessing her assets. They unanimously assured her she looked like a sexy young vixen! She squirmed at their lusty responses, and, for a change, felt like a sexy vixen again!

Theo slowed to a crawl as they cruised up to their targets. The girls were dancing around, arms waving, and singing with the loud music. Several of the college boys spotted them and pointed their friends to the car. A group of five hustled toward them and started yelling; more turned and watched them as they drove slowly by, waving their arms above their heads and boogying to the booming music.

They couldn't hear their words, but their meaning was obvious!

"Well, that was fun!" observed Kara. "Don't ya just love torturing college boys like that? I remember when I was that young, and they were easy targets even then!"

Barbara Ann laughed and agreed it was fun. They rode a little further sitting up and dancing, and then Lauren suggested they sit on the seat until more targets were identified.

They slid down and crowded between Rod and Doug, who were scrunched up by the sides of the car. "This is too crowded! You're the littlest - come sit on my lap," Lauren proposed to Barbara Ann. She replied that she might look little but she would squash her legs, and started to climb back into the front.

Lauren grabbed her by the hips and cajoled, "Tiny as you are? Ha! Come on -- try it! That way we can hop back on the seat when we see more targets!"

Laughingly, Barbara Ann flopped across her lap and said, "See? I'm bigger than I look!"

Lauren spread her legs and moved Barbara Ann's lush butt between them. Kara was watching; she proclaimed, "You fit perfectly!"

Once they were settled, the guys handed them their drinks.

Lauren asked Kara to hold hers until they got settled. She draped her left arm around Barbara Ann's back and rested her hand on the exposed portion of her hip. Her right hand rested lightly on Barbara Ann's thigh.

"You guys look so cute sitting like that! I'm jealous!" Kara complained with a smile.

Theo was watching in the mirror. "Better watch out for pretty redheads, Barbara Ann!" he teased. "Remember Judy?"

Barbara Ann blushed at the memory of Judy's seduction of her while the others were on the beach, but no one reacted as if they had caught the innuendo. She leaned forward, hit Theo on the shoulder, and hissed, "Quit teasing me!" He laughed, and the moment passed, but the memory of the ecstasy she experienced from Judy's seduction that summer remained in her mind.