The Summer of '78

Story Info
Barbara Ann alone and restless at the beach.
13.3k words
4.15
11.8k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Texican1830
Texican1830
1,473 Followers

The Summer of '78 - Ch1

The Summer of... series continues in 1978, 12 years after it began with The Summer of '66 and ten years after the Summers of 67-'68. There are more chapters written about this summer, and, fair warning, much of this one is spent revisiting the events and characters of the past and establishing the new setting and characters. Those who don't like description and dialogue won't like this anymore than they liked the others, but you were warned.

Given my propensity to get stories sent back by the mods, I won't send in another chapter until this is published. Hopefully, that will keep them from being published out of order...this time.

Constructive Comments are more than welcome, but ANONYMOUS randomly chanting Cuck will be deleted. Hope you enjoy.

Barbara Ann was sitting on the loveseat in the shade on the front porch of the 'beach shack', feet propped up on a stool, enjoying the ever changing view of the beach and waves to the east while the sun arced slowly downward behind the house. Her mind was a mess -- a mix of excitement and nostalgia swirled around, awash in dreams of the future and memories of the past, filled with hope and regret.

She was excited about a number of things, but mostly that her husband was, hopefully, returning from a weeks-long trip in a few days. They was longer than they been apart since they got married, and she was wanting and needing him emotionally, physically, and especially, sexually.

To make it more bittersweet, their tenth anniversary was approaching, and to feel this lonely and restless now only added more bitter to the sweet.

There was something else playing on her mind. She felt excited but concerned about his reaction to the improvements she had made to his beloved Beach Shack. She had tried to remain within the strict guidelines he gave her, the architect, and the builder, but she knew she had pushed those guidelines pretty far in some cases. Still, she told herself defensively, he will approve, because what I did only makes this wonderful place more family friendly, and he loves his family so much!

With that warm feeling, she took another sip of her adult beverage of choice, sat back in the chair, closed her eyes, and let the memories wash over her.

She was in the Starfire Convertible with Judy and Paula, watching Marc, Danny, and Theo on the beach and trying to decide which one each girl would get... and then Adonis emerged from the waves! Barbara Ann claimed him, and within minutes her heart was lost forever. Oh, it was a rocky, pit-filled road for a while, and she put herself in the ditch several times, but in the end her love prevailed, and their tenth anniversary celebration was upon them.

She loved Caelan and their three kids more than life itself, and he loved her and their kids equally.

Professionally, Caelan was the shining young star of the oil and gas exploration and production division of the major oil company he had worked for more than a decade, beginning offshore and then as an intern. Now he was second in command and considered the most valuable player for his division, garnering expectations that he would take over when number one retired.

Barbara Ann was also professionally successful, having taken over the investment and development portion of her family's holdings and accomplishing more in less time than anyone could have foretold. She got a head start soon after their marriage, when Caelan and her daddy cut a deal. Caelan would exercise his option on the 111 acres of land that lay behind the Beach Shack to the west and south, and they would put together a development plan that wouldn't result in a skyscraper going in behind The Shack.

From that deal, with lots of input from Barbara Ann, Amelia, and Peggy, The Retreat came into being. Placed on flat land about one hundred yards past the dunes, the two story, affordably-priced condos were clustered around a recreation area that included a large swimming pool, a diving pool, a wading pool for little kids, two horseshoe pits, two shuffleboard courts, and two sand volleyball courts.

The owners furnished their condo, but were required to use one of the numerous decorating schemes available if they intended to have it rented when not in use. That requirement was in place to enhance their rental value, so if you weren't interested in renting you could do your own thing. Only a few weren't rented, and those belonged to Peggy and Gary, Amelia and Sean, and Caelan's boss.

The office, along with a recreation hall that could be reserved for parties and dances, was located at the only entrance to the compound, just southwest of the condos. Two tennis courts and a basketball court were south of the office. There was plenty of room for further development to the south, but the demand wasn't there yet so those plans waited.

Kicked back, a tall glass of Long Island Iced Tea between her legs, she contemplated her situation with pride. She had it all! Three beautiful kids, doting grandparents, a successful, charming, and loving husband who was a sexual dynamo, and a successful career.

So why did she feel so restless?

Caelan traveled a lot in his newest position, and he took his little Fuckbunny along as often as they could make it work. This trip, however, was already well into its third week and he had warned this 'major project' might take another week or two to complete. She let him know she was unhappy about that, but not that she was so restless and horny that another week seemed like an eternity!

She needed her man, and she needed him now!

The drink emptied, she got up and made another, knowing that committed her to calling her parents in Corpus and telling them she was spending another night at the Shack. They would be happy to keep the kids, and would warn her to stay safe; after all, this wasn't the first time this had happened. She made the call, assured them things were going well and she'd be fine, and sipped the potent drink.

She walked back to the porch, but decided instead of sitting she would wander the beach, watch the sunset, and get some exercise before she ate supper.

She gave no thought to the tiny short shorts and bra top she was wearing until she was by the water. She wasn't even wearing shoes, because she wanted to walk along the water's edge and see if any treasures had washed up.

Oh, well, it was getting late, it was a weekday, and she probably wouldn't see anyone anyway!

Deciding to go south, away from town, she had wandered almost a mile when she heard a car coming from behind her. She got her bearings, walked down by the water, and squatted to minimize her profile. She wasn't afraid; she was cautious about presenting her profile to strangers in these circumstance. A young woman alone on the beach, looking like she looks... best to be careful.

The car was a new Chevrolet Caprice convertible, white with red trim and upholstery, and it looked good cruising along by the sand dunes. There appeared to be several people in it, but she couldn't really tell more. It passed her by, and when it was well down the beach she arose and started her trek back.

Having collected several shells and a very nice starfish, she had enough treasures for the day, and she had run out of Tea ten minutes ago, so she walked briskly back toward the shack. The walk took less than 15 minutes, but just as she turned up from the beach toward the house, she heard a rumble coming from the south; it was the white convertible. She was nearly to the shack, so she hurried toward the driveway.

It wasn't that she was afraid, but rather that the car seemed to represent the unknown danger and vulnerability she sometimes felt since that awful night so long ago.

Unfortunately, the car was going too fast for her to beat it across the beach road, so she stopped a few yards before the road and waited for it to pass. Instead, it slowed and stopped between her and the driveway. She mentally selected an escape route, just in case, and then steeled herself for whatever was coming. She looked at the convertible; seeing four men in the car made her uneasy, but she kept her cool. She had handled plenty of men in her life; she would be fine.

"BARBARA ANN! IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!" the driver yelled! He flung his door open and hurried around the car toward her. She looked at him more closely, and recognized the man who qualified as her first big mistake: Theo!

He was grinning from ear to ear as he approached and enveloped her in a hug. He then lifted her 5'3", 125-pound body until they were face to face, and spun around holding her like she was a little kid!

She didn't have time to struggle or fuss before he set her down, stepped back, and apologized for his over-exuberance.

"I'm so sorry -- I shouldn't have done that, but it's just so good to see you! Are you glad to see me? You look amazing, by the way! Don't you agree, boys?"

The looks on their faces told her they agreed, and they verified that observation enthusiastically and effusively. She gave them a half smile and turned her attention back to Theo as he closed in on her again.

"Can I have one more hug? I've missed you so much! I've missed all you guys so much, but especially you -- just one more hug?"

She had barely framed her answer when he leaned his 6'4" frame over, swept her up again, twirled her around, and set her down by the car.

"So this is the one that got away, huh, Theo? The one you mourn when you get drunk?" asked a husky, dark complexed man from the back seat.

"I might have mentioned her name a time or two. We were like two shooting starts -- only together for a brief moment -- but it was a grand moment! Don't you agree, Barbara Ann?"

"Are you going to actually let me answer?" she asked after a dramatic pause. "You've asked several questions but haven't given me a chance to answer any of them. So, in order: yes, it is nice to see you again, Theo. Another hug? You used both, so don't do that again! Grand moment...I wouldn't' call it that; I'd call it a seminal mistake, but I agree with the shoot star analogy.

Now, my turn: what are you doing here, and who are these guys?"

The three men hopped over the doors of the convertible and gathered around her; they appeared to be in their twenties, she decided, and all were quite well-built. They introduced themselves as Doug, Rod, and Adrian, who was the one with the dark complexion and provocative eyes.

"I noticed your glass is empty," one observed. "Can we mix you a drink, or are you drinking something special in that tall glass?"

"I have my makings up in the Shack, but thanks," she replied.

"Is Caelan up there? I'd give anything to see him, to apologize to him, give him a hug, and be friends with you guys again!" Theo declared wistfully.

They all turned to look at the fabled Beach Shack, and Theo continued his soliloquy, "I've spent many a day and night in there, boys. Lot of REALLY fun times in that house and on this beach! Remind me to tell you about the first time Barbara Ann and I met, which took place practically right here! There were eight of us that summer, and we became very close friends!"

Disarmed by his sincerity, the sense of nostalgia, and the wistfulness in his voice, and also wanting so badly to show her improvements to someone, anyone, Barbara Ann answered truthfully. "No, he's not here right now, but you wouldn't believe the improvements he let me make! Would you like to see them?"

"Of course!" Theo answered enthusiastically; the others eagerly agreed, and she proudly led them up the walkway, up the stairs, and to the front of the house. She knew they were following far enough behind that they could watch her ass and legs the whole way, but that didn't bother her; in fact, it gave her a bit of a tingle. She liked being watched, and she and Theo had a bit of history... no, she chastised herself, they had a significant history that MUST REMAIN HISTORY!

She opened the door and proceeded toward the new hallway, but Adrian called out to her, "Don't you want a fresh drink? I see the makings are sitting out, ready to use." She paused, turned, and returned to the bar.

"Long Island Iced Tea? I used to be a bartender, and that looks like the ingredients; can I make you one?" Adrian inquired. She handed him her glass; he rinsed it, and with a flourish that included spinning the bottles before pouring, made long pours of the tequila, rum, gin, vodka, and Triple Sec. The Gomme syrup and lemon juice were added, and then a dash of coke for coloring.

He gave it a swirl and handed it to Barbara Ann with another flourish, "Madame, please see if this is to your taste!"

She smiled at his flirtation, took the glass, and tasted it. "My goodness, Adrian: you really are a bartender! This is delicious! Thank you!

Now, let me show all of you the addition!"

Theo watched her walk to the north wall of the living room and open the door to the storage closet -- except the closet was now the beginning of a long hallway that ran to the west, further into the dunes.

Theo was amazed that she got Caelan to agree to any changes, but as she led them down the hall that attached the old Shack to the new section he saw how everything fit.

Barbara Ann skipped the first set of doors, and opened the second door on the right. It contained a mini-kitchen, with a large refrigerator, hot plate, coffee maker, and electric skillet. On the opposite side, the laundry room contained a sink, large-capacity washer and dryer, and lots of storage shelves and cabinets mounted on the wall.

She showed them the two bedrooms on the left side, each with its own bathroom; the second bath was at the end of the hall, convenient to the steps to the lower level.

A double door on the right side, midway down the hall, opened into a large room with a retractable divider. Both sides of the room were filled with bunk beds, but those on the right side featured more feminine furnishing, and those on the left more masculine. A door on the side of each room opened into a bathroom with two toilets and a large shower stall.

It was obvious that Barbara Ann was preparing for those future dates when her kids would want to bring more kids, and when they would invite more adults to join them. This 'wing' gave the venerable Beach Shack five bedrooms that would sleep ten, plus two 'bunkhouses' that slept ten each, and six total bathrooms.

Practically bubbling over with joy at their enthusiastic responses, especially Theo's because he was familiar with the Shack, their hostess returned to the doors next to the laundry and mini-kitchen at the beginning of the hall to show them the 'His and Hers' offices located on either side.

They continued to say words of appreciation and praise as she unveiled each new room, and she was enjoying their words and frank appraisal of her as she led them around. She knew their eyes were on her body whenever she wasn't looking, she could see the resultant swelling in their shorts, and that made the tingling between her legs increase.

Not that they hadn't been watching her like hawks watch prey since they arrived, but the way they let her walk a few steps in front so they could watch was so blatant there was no doubt what they were doing. She turned, gave them a side view, gestured and said, "Come on!" as if she hadn't caught them. They smiled and happily followed along.

After each offered his positive opinion of the office spaces, Adrian laid his hand on her shoulder and enthusiastically told her, "Barbara Ann, I've heard A LOT about this place; in fact, Theo acts as if it is a sacred site of some kind! I have to admit it's quite the place, but your addition makes it fantastic! You've turned this into a retreat your family and friends can come to, spread out with plenty of room, and really enjoy themselves! Marvelous work!" As he made the last statement, he squeezed her bare shoulder and beamed into her excited face.

She was so happy and excited she was bouncing on her toes as she thanked him, and then thanked Theo, Doug, and Rod for allowing her to show them around and being so appreciative.

She noticed Theo looking over her head at the door at the end of the hall; he asked Barbara Ann where that door goes. Seeing an opportunity to show them the rest of the changes, she excitedly cried, "Follow me! There's more downstairs!"

Adrian interrupted: "Before we go outside again, it looks like you could use another Iced Tea, and I see everyone else needs to refresh their bourbon and water. Let your personal bartender take care of all your needs and I'll use the tray I saw to bring them outside to you. Glasses, everyone!"

Adrian took all their glasses to the front while Barbara Ann took her admiring entourage back down the hall and down the stairs. She was busy showing them the relocated and remodeled exercise and weight room when Adrian returned with their drinks. Barbara Ann again noted that his drinks were stronger than those she made, but they tasted so good! She also noted that this was her fourth, which Caelan insists is her maximum, so she needed to make it last.

They wandered around outside in the gathering darkness as she showed them the storage room, the outdoor kitchen, the small playground for their kids, and the revised parking arrangement. Theo pointed out the Woody, which everyone praised and Rod called 'timeless', and then they stood and admired the tendrils of color as the last rays of the sun touched the sparse clouds in the evening sky.

They climbed back up the steps and walked around the deck on the south to reach the front deck, overlooking the beach and the Gulf of Mexico.

The three-quarters moon was well up in the sky, the silver rays glinting off the white caps of the breaking waves even as the sun faded. The wind had settled; it was still and quiet and very, very beautiful and romantic. Barbara Ann felt a pang as she thought of Caelan, off God-know-where pursuing 'the deal' that would ensure his next promotion... and their future... but right now she needed him here! She sighed.

Standing on either side of her, Adrian and Theo both heard the sigh and moved a little closer. "You look cold," Adrian said as he laid his arm across her shoulders and cupped her shoulder, drawing her to his side. Theo moved against her on the other side; he ran his hand across her bare back, rested it on her hip, and squeezed her lightly. Adrian kissed her on top of her head, and whispered seductively, "Let us keep you warm out here, Little One."

She didn't resist; she was chilly, and the warmth generated by these big, muscular males felt nice. Barbara Ann relaxed and let them hold her. It felt good. Their roaming hands, gently caressing her back and her hip; Adrian's breath on her ear and Theo's on her bare shoulder... Adrian kissing her ear and lightly tugging on her earlobe. Theo giving her shoulder little kisses as his lips moved closer to her neck.

Their hands and lips felt good, and then their hard cocks were pressing against her hips, and that felt good...in fact, it all felt too good, and that sudden realization brought her to her senses!

"Thanks for warming me up," she said as she ducked under Adrian's arm and spun away from Theo, "but it is getting late and I have the paint crew coming in the morning at 6:30, so you guys need to go." She assertively herded them toward the stairs to the walkway, the beach, and their parked car.

Once they were on the sand, and she was looking down from the deck, Barbara Ann told them, "Thanks again for stopping by and letting me show you the addition, and for mixing me those delicious drinks, Adrian! I'll need to get you to show me how, some day." She turned and went inside.

The four men climbed into the convertible, and Doug asked, "What the fuck just happened back there? One minute she was all giddy and excited, chugging Iced Teas, cuddling up with you two, and the next she's kicking our asses out of the place! I thought we were going to experience Theo's 'hottest fuck in the world' when you two wrapped her up like that, and then..."

Texican1830
Texican1830
1,473 Followers