All Comments on 'The Summer of '78 Ch. 02'

by Texican1830

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for this update! I'm SO grateful that Barbara Ann didn't sleep with any of those guys or go further with the girls! I could not stand that. Especially after all of her past mistakes! Caelan really is her knight-in-shining-armour!

Regarding the girls, I'd like to know if Caelan is truly alright with her sleeping with them. He seems to have already guessed they were intimate. And I know they told him a lot also. But he deserves to know EVERYTHING that happened. (With the girls and the guys!) Then, if he's fine with her being with Kara and Lauren, I hope he will make that clear.

He seems to like them and even offered them jobs. But the sexual discussions keep being put off as jokes, even though we know there is truth underlying them. So I'd just like to know once and for all where he stands on this.

The three women do have great chemistry and also seem to really like each other as people. And now, they may add Caelan into the mix?! I would not be opposed to that (wink, wink), I just want Caelan to have all of the facts and not be lied to. (Lies of omission are still lies.)

As it stands, Barbara Ann's behavior with Lauren and Kara before was definitely cheating. Because she did it behind Caelan's back and without his approval. I feel he is not as troubled about her female-on-female activities as he is about her doing it without his knowledge and/or consent.

Now, the guys are a totally different story! Whether she needed a friend or not, hanging out with Theo and the other men without talking to Caelan, and trying to hide it from him was a complete betrayal! She could have called her parents, visited her children, just about anything would have been a better option.

And then her behavior with Adrian! This is the thing, obviously it seems he drugged them. And she, the other girls, and any one who didn't know they were being drugged were absolute victims. No question! And for that Adrian needs to be brought to his knees in every way possible and also brought to justice.

But Barbara Ann should never have been in that position in the first place! From the moment she started going around with Theo, to the night Caelan returned, she was in the wrong. Yes, Adrian drugged her and both he and Theo calculated an evil plan using slandering lies to get what they wanted. They both need to go down! Absolutely!

But what is a happily married woman thinking having tons of strong drinks with men she knows want to have sex with her?! And it happened on several occasions! ​Honestly, even if he hadn't drugged her, she could/would likely have been susceptible to him/them anyway. Given the amount of alcohol and the power of her hormones!

Again, this in no way makes her to blame for them trying to take advantage of her and especially not for them drugging her. But she needs to make better decisions in who she is friends with, who she trusts, and what environments she puts herself in.

It may not seem like it, but I like Barbara Ann a lot and love her marriage to Caelan. I just don't want her to lose him by doing something stupid!

Finally, OMG, I can't believe the Europeans are coming back! I'm worried they will kidnap Barbara Ann or something. While I believe good will triumph in the end, please don't let them be successful in hurting her, Caelan or their loved ones.

Though nervous, I'm kind of glad they're back in the picture because I never felt Caelan or Barbara Ann ever got to exact full revenge on them. Yes, they went to prison, but they were so cruel and sick! They deserved far worse!

Looking forward to Caelan handling Adrian, Theo, the Europeans and any other villains in this story. They all MORE than have it coming. Sorry for the long comment and thanks again for posting! 😀

Texican1830Texican1830almost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you for following me. Based on your feedback and that of a beta reader, I’m revising some of part 3. My inclination toward graphic violence re the Europeans needed to be refined, and Adrian… anyway, I’ll get it out soon. Thanks again. Caelan and Barbara Ann are two of my favorite characters so I keep trying to imagine their lives going forward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for responding! I'm excited for the next chapter! I hope Adrian, Theo and the Europeans get what's coming to them. (Or at least begin to.) Also, can't wait for Caelan to get all answers from Barbara Ann and learn his true feelings regarding her being with the other two women. Loving this story! So happy it's continuing! 😀

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Well. Weren't Gary and Sean just so civilized about Caelan fucking both their wives.

Fag, cuck shit.

justbobkcjustbobkc10 months ago

5 stars. Good Vibrations.

Back to my own youth in the early 70's. The Guild at Collinsville Park Ballroom. They were a Beach Boys cover band and I think their drummer went on to play with the Beach Boys for a bit. They had a great 10 minute version of Good Vibrations to close the night. There is a nice site now dedicated to that suburban St. Louis dance hall that started out as a roller skating rink and was huge.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTexican1830@Texican1830
Yes, I'm old enough to have enjoyed the '60s...and 70s, and everything from then until now. My experiences and points of view are likely quite different, so be open minded when you read my stuff, as I do with yours. Current works: Chapters 1 & 2 of Comeuppance are awaiting a...