The Sunshine Project Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It wasn't a suggestion." His features grow stern. "I'm not sure this is actually working out anymore."

We stand there for a tense moment, and I shake my head at his nonsense. "Fine, I'll fuck you." I drop his phone onto the foot of the bed and peel the t-shirt off, but he backs away, grabbing his car keys. "What?"

"I have to go, Cora. I'm going to be late." He turns and walks out the door without another word, and I hear the front door slam shut, then his car start and drive off. Whatever, I'll deal with that later.

After cramming my arms back into the shirt and getting comfortable, I pick up his phone again--conveniently forgotten--and sprawl out on the bed. The number for the admissions office is easy to find, and I spend about ten minutes on hold. This time of year is a pretty busy time for the college I assume, so I'm patient until the line clicks over.

"Ohio State University admissions office, this is Holly."

"Hey, Holly, my name is Cora Knapke. I am supposed to check in just over a week from now, but I've had a change of heart. I think I need to wait to attend college until I'm certain of my major." I bite my lip, nervous she will need parental consent or something even though I'm nineteen.

"Ms. Knapke, let me pull up your records here. Do you know your student ID?"

I give her the information she requests and confirm my identity for her twice before she puts me on hold. When she comes back, I am on pins and needles. Without the car I have nothing. I need that money put in my back account so I can get a place. Then, God forbid, I have to find a job. Not fast food or retail, I can't stand people. But without one, I'll never be self-sufficient. And it sounds like Danny isn't going to want me pestering him nonstop at college, but maybe my plan to live in his dorm with him will still work out.

"Ms. Knapke, are you certain you want to drop all of your classes? We can put you only in the general education tract and keep your standing with the university good."

"No, thank you. I want my money back. Can you send it to an account if I give you the number?" I reach for my bag. My debit card is in there somewhere and that's where I need the money sent.

"No, I'm sorry. We can only refund the money to the account from which it was sent. I apologize for that inconvenience." She speaks to me like she's a customer service rep for Sears or something.

"What do you mean? It's my money?" I drop my bag and sit up straight, suddenly angry with her. "I need my money to get an apartment."

"I'm sorry, miss. We aren't a bank here. We can only reverse the transfer; we can't send a new one. You can come into the college with your legal identification and the party who transferred the funds and have the school write you a check. That is the only other way."

I growl under my breath and let my shoulders drop. "I can't do that." The party who transferred my money was either Dean or the sleazy lawyer Gus hired. I know they'll never go against Gus's wishes that the money be used for college.

"I apologize, miss. Would you like to consider changing courses?"

"Just transfer the money back." I hang up and drop the phone, not even caring if it breaks. Then I fall back onto the bed and pout.

When Danny gets back I'll fuck him and we'll make up. Then I'll bring up the idea of me staying with him. It's basically my only option now, because I can't go back, and Jess isn't giving up those guns easily. Besides they'd just report them stolen, and when I try to pawn them, I'll get slapped with an arrest.

Why is life so fucking hard?