The Swallow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Topolski downed the huge glass of vodka in one gulp and, holding the glass toward Rachel, said gruffly, "More."

Before Rachel could oblige, Topolski dropped the glass to the floor as he entered the semi-conscious state brought on by the truth serum.

Rachel activated her tape recorder and recited her pre-prepared questions. Topolski answered in Russian. He gave extensive details of an organisation called Tube Alloys and when asked who had given him this information, he replied simply, "Bromley."

The drug wore off and Topolski looked at his watch. Seeing that he was late for a meeting, he rushed away, saying, "Not so rough next time; bitch."

Rachel called Barrington-Hill and once again he was around in a flash.

He listened intently as Rachel translated Topolski's Russian words captured on the tape recording.

"Tube Alloys is the cover name for the British-Canadian atomic weapons programme." explained Barrington-Hill. Topolski's inside knowledge of Tube Alloys confirmed that he was indeed the spy MI5 believed him to be. But when Topolski's recorded voice identified his informant simply as Bromley, Barrington-Hill once again flew into a rage.

"Seven fucking days away from Operation fucking Hurricane and this is the best you can do? Fucking Bromley, a miserable fucking town on the outskirts of London." he yelled, bright red in the face and shaking with rage. "That's it; you are on the next fucking 'plane to fucking Dresden!"

"What a charming man." thought Rachel.

Rachel, feeling a failure, thought long and hard after Barrington-Hill stormed out of her apartment.

Armagh, Bromley, she pondered. The words spun around in her head as if they were clues from that day's Times crossword puzzle.

Suddenly, Rachel sprung to her feet and dashed out of the apartment. She saw Barrington-Hill just as he stepped into the elevator.

"I've got it, I know who the informant is." she yelled down the corridor.

Barrington-Hill took returned to Rachel's apartment. Rachel closed the door behind her and proudly announced, "Armagh Bromley is an anagram of Graham Moberly. The traitor is none other than the Minister of State for Defence Procurement."

Sunday 28th September 1952, Fleet Street, London

Rachel took the weekend off. She was exhausted by the whirlwind events that had turned her life upside down over the past twelve days. She felt very pleased with herself for unmasking the repugnant Sir Graham Moberly as the traitor. To be the instrument of his downfall was sweet revenge for his brutish defiling of her body.

Rachel treated herself to all the Sunday newspapers, fresh off Fleet Street's presses. She wondered why the newspaper seller looked at her with a salacious grin. She also wondered why people in the street were whispering to each other and pointing at her as they passed by.

Her triumphant mood quickly turned to dismay as she scanned the newspaper headlines. Every front page carried photographs of Rachel, alongside those of Sir Graham Moberly, Dimitri Topolski and Mae-Ling Zan. The banners read, "Top British defence politician sleeps with call girl, who was also bedding two communist spies."

That afternoon Rachel received a visit from MI5's Director General, Sir Digby Pratt. He explained that whilst her work had identified Sir Graham as the traitor, they did not have enough evidence to secure a conviction. The worst kind of traitor, Sir Graham was motivated only by money, not by ideology, and had covered his tracks meticulously. The only way to neutralise him was to smear his name in the press. Sunday newspaper editors loved a sex scandal, particularly one involving a national figure, explained Sir Digby. Linking Sir Graham to a call girl and two communist spies would force Sir Graham to resign from parliament as a security risk. Going to the press would also allow MI5 to force mass expulsions of suspected spies from the Russian and Chinese embassies. The demise of Sir Graham and the purging of the Russian and Chinese embassies in London all but eliminated the risk of any further leaks relating to Operation Hurricane. It would also derail communist espionage in the UK for many years to come.

From Sir Digby's viewpoint, the swallow operation was a huge success and he was now looking forward to a peerage.

The Sir Digby acknowledged that Rachel had served Britain well. He handed her papers confirming her nationalisation as a British citizen. He then asked Rachel what she would like as her reward, given that returning to the MI5 translation pool was now out of the question.

Friday 3rd October 1952, Monte Bello Islands, Western Australia

BANG!

Monday 6th October 1952, Soho, London

A prominent sign hung on the door to the Tout Pour Plaire Agency in Soho. It read, "Under New Management."

Inside, seated behind a desk, was Rachel Auerbacher, the new proprietor and Madame of Tout Pour Plaire. Perched on a couch by her side were Mae-Ling Zan, Gladys Frost and Lily the Pink, all staring adoringly at their new boss.

Celeste Balin had made it known to Rachel that she planned to retire that year. When Sir Digby asked Rachel what she wanted as a reward, she asked him to let her take over Tout Pour Plaire. She also pleaded for Mae-Ling to be allowed to stay in the UK under her supervision, arguing that if Mae-Ling were deported to China, she was sure to face execution. Her role had been minor and was carried out under duress from her government. Sir Digby readily agreed to Rachel's proposals.

Gladys Frost eagerly accepted Rachel's offer of a job as the agency's bukkake queen and Lily took no persuasion to stay on as Rachel's second in command.

There was one other card up Rachel's sleeve, to which Sir Digby had acceded with a hearty laugh.

Rachel, Mae-Ling, Gladys and Lily were busily making plans for the next Colfax Hall sex party.

A knock came at the office door at 11 a.m. and in walked a gaunt anaemic-looking man. He was wearing an apron and pushing a trolley. "A cup of tea and a digestive biscuit as usual madam?" asked Giles Barrington-Hill.

"What a charming man." thought Rachel.