The Sweetest Fling Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The smile that touched his lips would have looked innocent on anyone else. "I'm not in the habit of rushing anything when it comes to the opposite sex, and I wouldn't push a woman into something she didn't want to do. Ever."

Why couldn't he be an obnoxious egomaniac? It would have been so much easier for her to turn him down and move on with her life. Instead, he had to continually throw her off balance while she kept scrambling to find her footing.

Meg wanted some of the control back, and she'd drunk just enough wine to take it. He'd mentioned sex, but while they were here in the bar, she didn't need to worry about that. It was just a kiss--and kissing him didn't mean she had to go any further.

With a glance around the room, she set her glass down and rose from her stool. As she stepped between his widespread thighs, the fleeting look of surprise on his face almost made her smile.

Meg cradled his jaw and felt his pulse beating against her pinkie finger--a pulse that seemed anything but steady. He might have radiated self-assurance, but it gave her a confidence boost knowing she could have this kind of effect on him.

Her thumbs swept over his jaw, and she scanned his features. Just one look and she knew he could get her into all kinds of trouble. The warmth in his eyes, the touch of amusement there. His personality shone through without him having to say a word--and those lips. Ugh. Surrounded by dark stubble they looked softer somehow, and so inviting she couldn't hold back for another second.

Meg leaned in to press a lingering peck beside his mouth, breathing in his clean scent, reveling in the low sound of pleasure he made. His hands slid over her hips, but he held back and let her set the pace.

She found it strangely erotic the way he kept his desire in check, but at the same time she wanted more, just a preview of what she'd miss out on if all they ended up being were two strangers kissing in a bar.

She went a little further, giving his lower lip a soft lick. It earned her a growl, and he clutched her more firmly against him. "Meg, keep playing games and see what happens."

Those words should have come across as threatening, but when she looked in his eyes, there was nothing but pleasure there. "Okay."

He shook his head and laughed. "You're going to be a handful."

His words sent a thrill rushing through her. Meg wanted to be that woman, the one he desired but wasn't sure if he could manage, the one who kept him on his toes and had him wondering what she'd do from one moment to the next.

With a thundering heart, she lowered her head and said softly, "Why don't we find out?"

The second her mouth touched his, her whole body sighed with relief. Soft lips, strong arms, and a solid chest to lean against. She'd been craving this--not since laying eyes on him earlier that afternoon, but for months now. Maybe years.

Jack groaned his appreciation and slid his hands into her hair, cradling her face as he kissed her back. He didn't take charge and devour her, though. He explored with long, drugging kisses, his tongue making slow sweeps over hers, his stubble a delicious scrape against her skin.

Before she knew it, he'd got her pulse racing and had her making embarrassing sounds in the back of her throat.

She loved it. She hated it. The longer it went on, the more his relaxed pace had the opposite effect on her. Meg had asked him to go slow, but she had no idea it would lead to an insane yearning for hard and rough.

Jack's palm supported the back of her head, tilting her face to get a better angle before he dived in again.

He kept up the same languid pace for a while longer then pulled his mouth from hers and pressed soft, damp kisses along her cheek.

When he'd made his way to her temple, he said softly, "I knew you'd be a firecracker. You have no idea how much I want to high-five myself right now."

Meg smiled, feeling strangely proud of herself. She loved the way he could turn a heated moment into a humorous one with a few simple words. Her thumbs stroked his jaw while she pulled back and scanned the room to make sure they weren't drawing too much attention.

When her eyes met Jack's again the amusement in them only made the situation that much harder for her. "This is getting out of hand," she said. "I don't know why I thought it could stop at a kiss."

His hands slid up and down her spine, his gaze steady as goosebumps exploded over her. "Remember what I said?"

"You won't push me into anything, I know. But..."

It was tempting. So, so tempting.

Her body longed for his touch.

The thought of all that masculinity unleashed in the privacy of her hotel room made her skin tingle. One look at his eyes, and she could see it all right there. Tangled sheets, tired limbs, stubble-grazed skin...

But it was too much. Too soon.

She had to go with what her rational self would do instead of relying on her lust-effected brain to make the decisions for her.

Meg drew a deep breath and steeled herself against the sensation of his warm, roaming hands. Kissing him was all well and good, but sex within an hour of exchanging names just wasn't her thing.

She sighed, already kicking herself for her decision.

"I can't do it," she said. "I just don't feel right about this. I'm sorry, I have to go."

Her decision already made her want to cry. Now she'd have to go back to her room alone with thoughts of Jack torturing her for the rest of the night.

When she pulled away and attempted to leave him, he grabbed her wrist and drew her against him one last time. His arms wrapped around her, and he hugged her so close she almost backflipped on her decision.

"Room one-three-eight," he said, pulling back just far enough to give her a sweet, soft kiss. "If you change your mind, you know where to find me."

12