The Sweetest Fling Ch. 04

Story Info
Meg and Jack grow closer.
3.1k words
4.67
3.7k
2
0

Part 4 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/12/2023
Created 09/23/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
__Lisa__
__Lisa__
1,227 Followers

Meg licked the remnants of chocolate mousse from her spoon and leaned back in her chair. She closed her eyes and sighed. Dinner had been amazing, their conversation funny and enlightening. The only thing that could top it off now would be if Jack took her back to his room to remind her why she'd had so much trouble leaving him the last time.

"You look like you're about to orgasm right there in the chair," he said from the other side of the table.

She opened her eyes and let out a breathy laugh, sweeping her tongue over her lower lip to check if there were any leftovers. "It was so good I almost did."

His mouth twitched as he watched her, his gaze hovering on the spot she'd just licked. "Want me to take care of that for you?"

Meg smiled and glanced around the restaurant, wondering too late whether she should be embarrassed by her behavior. "I really want to say yes, but I think I'm all set now."

"Don't say I didn't offer."

The amusement in his voice drew her attention to him again, and the warmth in his eyes... God, it just did things to her.

He'd been this way with her all night. Friendly and laidback, never too pushy or obvious. Even then she'd still picked up on the sensual undercurrent, leaving her with no doubt that he wanted to get her naked again.

She just wished the hours between now and whenever that turned out to be would move a little quicker.

Twenty-four hours in the company of a near stranger, and her whole outlook on holiday flings had started to change.

With their plates emptied and the wine long gone, they settled the bill, then Jack pulled her to her feet and kept hold of her hand as they made their way across the room.

When they stepped outside onto the street, the wall of humidity stole her breath.

Spicy aromas drifted from the food vendors' carts, mingling with the ever-present incense in the air. Tourists moved to and from the nightclubs and eateries, some looking happy and full of energy while others were stumbling drunk.

The constant sound and movement created a beautiful, colorful kind of chaos, pulling Meg's attention one way and then another.

As they set off in the direction of the hotel, Jack's thumb swept over the back of her hand, keeping her aware of his presence even when her focus had shifted elsewhere. They walked in silence for a while, then he squeezed her hand. "Are you planning on running away from me again tonight?"

His words were nearly lost amid the raised voices, but she couldn't miss the teasing note there. "Are you asking me to stay with you?"

"Would you say yes if I did?"

She thought about the conflicting feelings she'd experienced last night, the ones that had her desperate to curl up next to him and run away as fast as she could at the same time. They didn't seem to be there anymore, and she wondered if they were gone for good. "I think my arm could be twisted."

His eyes narrowed and he slanted her a look.

She laughed. "Yes, Jack. I'd love to stay with you. I appreciate your offer so very much."

A dozen or so women were headed their way, the blonde in the middle wearing a veil and a bride-to-be sash. The moment the group set eyes on Jack, a couple of the more vocal members let out whoops to try to get his attention.

When he merely spared them a distracted smile and pulled Meg off to one side, her fascination with him climbed to a new level.

He slipped in behind her and wrapped his arms around her chest, pulling her back against him.

While they waited for the group to pass, a stunning brunette locked eyes with Meg and scanned her from head to toe. She didn't even try to be subtle about it, and when her gaze lifted to Meg's again, she smirked and took her time looking away.

Jack's body jolted with what Meg assumed was the shock of recognition, and it hit her at the same time.

Beach. Leopard print bikini.

She didn't appear too happy about seeing Meg with Jack, but if what he'd told her was accurate, the two of them had no connection other than the brief time they'd spent together at the beach.

"Hi, Jackie," the woman said in a silky tone, giving him a wave with the tips of her fingers.

A silent groan rumbled against Meg's back. "Anna."

She felt a quick stab of jealousy hearing Jack remember the woman's name, but pushed it away just as fast. Meg waited for the group to pass, then turned in his arms and tilted her head to look up at him, relieved to be alone with him again.

They'd been having a nice time together, and she didn't want to ruin it by letting her insecurities take over.

Jack's body shielded her from the commotion around them, tucking her away in a world where just the two of them existed. He clasped her face in his hands and looked down at her. "Please tell me we're going to pretend that never happened."

"Can we pretend I didn't sneak out of your room last night as well?"

He smiled and leaned in, rubbing his stubbled cheek against her smooth one. He couldn't possibly know what it did to her, but it seemed as if he'd already figured out her turn-ons and planned to use all of them to his advantage. "On one condition: Tell me why you disappeared, then it's wiped from my memory."

Her hold on him tightened as images from last night came flooding back; their kisses, the way he'd pressed her against the wall, the feel of his muscles flexing beneath her fingers. This could be the last night they spent together. There didn't seem to be any sense in holding back the truth.

Meg drew a breath and said, "I didn't want to leave you, not even a little bit. I wanted to stay beside you until morning, but I couldn't handle the idea of saying goodbye to you. It was just easier leaving while you were asleep."

There. Her heart might have been thumping madly but at least it was out in the open. Now she just had to wait and see how he'd handle her confession. For someone who apparently didn't like connections that went beyond the physical, he could end up being the one running away this time.

His arms relaxed around her, and he gave her a slight smile. No shock or concern, no confusion or panic either. All she saw in that far too appealing face of his was the calm acceptance of a man who'd grown used to women finding him irresistible.

"You should do that more often."

Meg frowned, thrown off track for a moment. "What's that?"

"Say exactly what you're thinking."

The way he held her gaze stirred something inside her. She needed her hands and mouth on him, to be somewhere secluded so she could make the most of his gorgeous body. All those muscles of his were going to waste out here in the middle of the street. "I don't think you really want that."

A hint of a smile touched his lips, and he rubbed his hands up and down her arms. "Well, now I need to know what you're thinking."

She let out a surprised laugh. "Right now?"

He nodded but refrained from saying anything more. People sidled by and voices drifted from the open door of a nightclub. A yell went up in the crowd nearby. Meg could barely pay attention to her surroundings. The longer he looked at her the more the heat between them intensified, building until she wanted to scream her thoughts out into the night just to ease some of this unbearable tension.

Jack dipped his head and spoke to her in such a teasing, seductive way the sound seemed to stroke between her legs. "Why don't you whisper it to me?"

Push and pull--the essence of their connection from the moment they met. He said something to throw her off balance. She retaliated to show that she could give as good as she got.

Now he'd thrown the idea out there, speaking her mind didn't faze her like she'd expected it would. When it came to anything of a sexual nature, Meg knew it would be difficult to shock someone like him, but that didn't mean she wouldn't enjoy trying.

She flattened her palm against his cheek and rose on her toes, soaking up his masculine heat as she said softly, "All I can think about is you pushing me against the wall right here in front of everyone, shoving your hand under my skirt, and sliding your fingers inside me to see how wet it makes me just being around you."

He growled. Actually growled. "Jesus, Meg."

The huskiness in his voice made her ache. A whimper sounded in her throat and the impulse came over her to yank him against her and beg him to do it right here in the crowded street. "Maybe I shouldn't have said that."

"Oh, you most definitely should have said that."

Although desire lingered in his gaze, he didn't appear to have the same trouble controlling himself as she did, but he probably found himself in situations like this all the time. "If you haven't already noticed I get a bit carried away around you," she told him.

"I'm not complaining." He draped his arm over her shoulder, and they set off walking again.

Meg leaned into him as a rowdy bunch of people stumbled from a nightclub and pushed their way onto the already hectic street. The spike in noise level killed any chance of talking, so she took in the sights as they walked away from the bustling center of town.

They bypassed the entrance to their hotel and kept going until the streetlights stretched farther apart and the traffic was no longer congested.

Soon enough they were turning onto the boulevard running along the waterfront, greeted by the sound of crashing waves and the tang of saltwater in the air.

Headlights pierced the darkness to her left, then a car cruised by followed closely by a couple of scooters. Once the hum of the last motor faded, they made their way across to the beach.

Although the glow from the streetlights barely touched the sand, Meg could still make out numerous figures moving around in the shadows. She'd been here on her own during the day but hadn't ventured this far from the safety of the crowds at night. With Jack by her side, she could relax without having to look over her shoulder every few seconds.

He led her to a group of people who'd formed a circle around a fire spinner. Meg came to a stop on the periphery of the gathering, a tremor of excitement working through her as she rose on her toes to get a better view.

The performer's hair was pulled back in a low ponytail, the flickering light dancing across his features as he entertained the crowd. His movements were so fast each twirl of the stick looked like one continuous ring of flames.

Meg hadn't seen anything like it back home, which only made the distance between her real life and current dreamlike existence feel even bigger.

Only a week ago she never could have imagined standing here with a man who'd made her feel more in two days than she had in her entire dating life. Her connection with Jack felt foreign and natural at the same time, like she'd known him much longer but couldn't begin to fathom how that was possible.

She glanced up at him as he took in the show, mesmerized by the play of light and shadows across his face.

He'd already told her he wanted to stay with her again tonight. His body language and the way he couldn't seem to stop touching her suggested he wanted it just as much as she did.

But after that... after the physical ache had been satisfied, and they could once again think with clear heads, Meg wondered if he'd want to see more of her.

She couldn't picture herself letting him go just yet, not with almost a week still up her sleeve, but how could they keep this going without scaring him or hurting her?

Would one of them have to lose something for them to get more time together?

As the show ended, Jack released her hand, and they clapped their appreciation along with everybody else. A shower of rupiahs dropped into the man's basket and the crowd began to disperse.

Jack indicated a more secluded area of the beach where only a handful of people were scattered.

They headed in that direction, and she lowered herself to the sand, dropping her bag by her feet. Rather than taking the spot beside her like she'd expected him to, Jack settled in behind her and rested his elbows on his bent knees. With his thighs cradling her body and the solid wall of his chest supporting her back, Meg leaned against him and took in the view.

The ocean moved before them like a dark, angry thing, and the breeze coming off the water raised goosebumps on her skin. Faint snippets of conversation drifted toward them, the sounds low and intimate in the darkness. All the while the silence stretched on between her and Jack, but Meg didn't want to ruin it with constant chatter.

She couldn't remember the last time she'd been content just enjoying the peace with someone. Even when she was around Allie who she'd known most of her life, all they ever did was talk.

When she finally did speak, her voice sounded strange after the quiet. "I like it here," she said. "I don't think I want to go back."

"To the hotel? Or home?"

Meg stroked the side of his calf and thought it over. "Both. Neither. I don't know. I'm just happy being away from everything. It makes me feel like... like me... but a different kind of me."

To his credit, Jack didn't laugh or mock her inability to articulate her thoughts. He waited a few beats then asked, "Were you trying to get away from more than just work when you came here?"

Meg focused on the sliding motion of her fingers over his leg. She'd told him the truth last night. If she hadn't made herself establish a life outside of her florist shop, she would have lost herself in the business.

It took her months just to admit she needed a second pair of hands around the place because she couldn't bear to relinquish even that small amount of control.

"No, not really. I'm more focused on trying to find something rather than escape anything. I love having my own business and using my creativity. It challenges me. Each day is never the same as the one before."

"But..."

Meg sent him a sideways smile then went back to stroking his leg. "I'm lonely. My friend Allie helps me in the shop most days. The customers keep me busy enough that I'm on my feet most of the time. It's not the lack of company that's a problem. It's just... I think I've reached the point where I want a man in my life--and I'm not trying to latch onto you so don't freak out, okay?"

"Thanks for the heads up. I was just about to throw you off me and disappear into the night."

She laughed and delivered a mock punch to his thigh. "I'm the one who does the running in this relationship, remember?"

Jack dipped his head and kissed the back of her neck. "Please don't say that word."

"What? Relationship?" His tone may have been light, but she'd bet anything there was some truth lurking behind the playful exterior. "That bad, huh?"

"Mmm."

Two women ran toward the choppy water holding hands. It looked as if they'd stripped down to their underwear and decided to take a spontaneous late-night swim. Meg wrapped her arm around Jack's bent knee and asked, "Did someone hurt you?"

"You could say that."

She didn't want to look at him. If she did, Meg had a feeling he'd shut down before she had a chance to learn anything significant about him. "Was it a long time ago or did it happen recently?"

"Meg."

Such feeling in one simple word. Patience, frustration, along with a dash of humor she hadn't expected.

Without saying it outright he'd let her know her probing had gone far enough. His body was still relaxed behind her, though, so at least her curiosity hadn't killed the mood. Before she could throw the night any further off track, Meg held back a smile and said, "It was a man, wasn't it? No one can break your heart like a man can."

His low chuckle stirred a flurry of butterflies in her stomach. "I could say the same thing about women." Jack picked up her hand and turned it over, sweeping his thumb across her palm so softly, a shiver rushed up her arm. "Come back to the hotel with me and let me show you how much I admire the female form."

Finally.

Meg remembered the way his muscles had shifted against her body last night, his strength as he moved inside her. She gazed out at the water as it lapped against the shore and saw the two women from earlier entwined and kissing waist-deep in the waves.

Darkness surrounded her and the sky glittered with stars. She wanted to stay in this place--with him--forever. It felt like a night for letting go, and she intended to make the most of her newfound freedom every chance she got.

"I thought you'd never ask," she said, and then because pushing his buttons was just so much fun, she added, "I'm serious. I thought I'd have to beg you to let me in your pants again."

His husky laugh sounded promising, then he stood and pulled her to her feet.

While she looked up at him awaiting his next move, he bent at the waist and hauled her over his shoulder. With a smack on her ass that wasn't exactly gentle, he announced, "Meg, honey, you'll definitely be begging before the night's over."

Oh, yes. There was no way around it, she needed to work out a way to keep seeing him.

Even if it meant losing a part of herself in the process.

__Lisa__
__Lisa__
1,227 Followers