The Tabitha Files Pt. 05

Story Info
Divorced MILF is ready for action.
9.6k words
4.74
5.6k
1

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/17/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dazman
Dazman
365 Followers

The Tabitha Files Part 5

After our sexual odyssey in the south coast town of Albany between 1996-97, I followed my career and moved to the city of Melbourne. Tabitha and I lost touch temporarily.

However, in June 2000, I received a phone call one night after work.

"Hello?"

Silence, but I detected the faintest sound of a giggle at the other end.

"Do you know who this is?"

Indeed, the voice was familiar, but I could not pick it.

"Not yet," I answered warily, "Give me a hint?"

"Erm, last day in Albany?"

"Tabitha?" I asked incredulously.

After the initial surprised wore off, we talked about the intervening years, and it was nice to reconnect with an old lover. At that moment, we were both involved with other people, and besides, there was no way I was going back to Albany, not even for a visit.

Over the next few years, we remained in touch on a platonic level, but in 2002 I found myself in Perth involved in a business deal. Initially, my visit was short-term but ended up being a long-term stay that lasted nine years.

One lunchtime in Autumn, while working at the stockbroking firm that was on the verge of disintegration, I walked into a local fast-food franchise intending to gorge on the unhealthiest burger on the menu. Work had been particularly rough over the last few weeks. The company's trouble stemmed from several lawsuits for bad financial advice that threatened its survival. Concurrently, my relationship with my co-workers/co-lovers, Jacinta and Peter was showing signs of strain.

With all the BS going on, I was frequently taking long boozy lunches on my own and getting out of the dual toxicity that was work and sex. The burger joint was busy, and I stood in line like a drone waiting for my turn, barely aware of my environment.

After ordering, I stood there blankly waiting for my meal, watching the mass of population surge by, in mindless rages of consumerism. I had to make life changes; my current situation could not continue the way was currently.

"Jason?"

"Jason?"

"Jason?"

From the corner of my brain, I became aware of someone calling my name. Looking around blankly, I was unable to locate who it was. From behind the counter, I looked straight into the eyes of someone familiar, Tabitha!

"What are you doing here?" We both said in unison.

"I thought you were in Albany?"

"I thought you were in Melbourne?"

"I'm here working on business temporarily."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's been a busy six months."

"Six months?" She asked with mock indignation.

"Well, you've been quiet," I retorted, "Last I heard, you were still down south."

"It's been a busy six months for me too."

I noticed that her name badge said 'Manager'.

"So, you've been promoted?"

"Yes," She beamed proudly, "Promotion and a transfer, like you."

"How are you finding the transition?" I asked, as my order number was announced.

I grabbed my food, and Tabitha motioned me to a spare table, and we both sat down. Management had perks, as I well knew myself.

"Yeah, I like it so far," Tabitha confirmed, "The money's great and the lifestyle is better."

"I bet your parents were sad to see you go?" Albany was a parochial town with reflective attitudes and beliefs.

"My folks split up last year."

"Oh, I'm so sorry about that." And I was.

Tabitha's parents were cool people, and I worked with her mother, Sue, at the bank down there.

"Thanks." Then silence and her eyes dropped to the table in sadness.

"You don't have to tell me about it."

"No, I know," Tabitha said with difficulty, "Dad ran off with one of his co-workers. They got a transfer to Geraldton."

Tabitha's dad was a great bloke that loved a beer and a dirty joke. Whatever his motivations, they were his concerns, but when I dated Tabitha a five years earlier, her parents seemed so solid. Sue was my mentor and taught me everything about branch banking that so much of my subsequent career success can be chalked up to her patient teaching. In fact, Sue was sitting next to me at the teller booth when her eldest daughter asked me out on a date.

Oh, that's terrible," I said, trying but failing to reassure, "How's your mum doing?"

"She was devastated at the time and took stress leave from the bank."

"Fair enough."

"Yeah," Tabitha said, mournfully, "His co-worker, this new woman, is half his age."

That tends to motivate a middle-aged man, labouring under the perception that he is trapped in a marriage he lost faith in while being tempted by an apple at work. That did not justify his actions, but I knew that there would be more to it, and in my frame of mind, I was already thinking about lunchtime beers, so did not want to probe any further.

Moving away from that topic, Tabitha perked up, and we spent some time chatting about our lives in the here and now.

"You still with Lyndall?"

"Nah," I replied, "That ended last year, and was the catalyst to move here on this deal for the stockbroking firm."

"What happened?" Probed Tabitha, "You guys had a couple of years under your belt."

"Just didn't work out," I said, evasively, "Anyway, Melbourne's a dreary place, and I fancied a sea change."

"Nice one," She said.

"You still with Johnno?" My god, he was an idiot whom I met once in Albany at one of our house parties.

"Oh yeah," Came a smile that immediately choked off any potential, "Nearly three years together."

"He's here too?"

"Yep, working at the supermarket, up the road from where we're renting."

"Where's that?"

"Mount Lawley." An upmarket suburb just north of the CBD, home of the legendary Queen's Tavern.

We chatted until I finished my meal.

"I ought to get back to work." Sighed Tabitha, assessing the crowd.

And I should get to the pub and drown my sorrows while nobody at the office even noticed my ongoing and frequently long absences, such were the distractions.

"We should catch up for beers sometime?" Offered Tabitha.

If that douchebag, Johnno, was on the guest list, then I would not be keen to meet.

"Won't Johnno object to that?" I said, mustering the best smile I could manage.

"Nah," Came the reply, "He works 6-12 am."

"As what?"

"Stacking shelves."

Really? Fitting for such a loser but then I reined in my snobbery after reminding myself that I stacked shelves in Albany for a time before being offered a position at the bank. However, Johnno seemed to have no ambition aside from getting stoned and playing video games.

"Okay," I said, "Let me know when you want to catch up."

After embracing, I left the restaurant and walked across the street to the Bar on Barrack to be greeted by two stunning bar workers. Both were blond, both had stunning racks, and both flirted mercilessly with me (and other patrons of course). I often fantasised about being in a sandwich with those two but taken on their own would be heaven. The great thing about these two was their ability to help me forget about work.

Tabitha was as good as her word, and we caught up for beers regularly. Often, she would join me at our regular after-work Friday drinks and even met Jacinta and Peter. Those two had to be told of our history, and subsequent platonic friendship, before they caged their green-eyed monsters.

She was good knockabout company, and Tabitha could sink beer with the best of them. On occasion, I met up with Tabitha in the company of Johnno. I could barely contain my contempt for the man. Tabitha could do so much better, with me, for example, and I took perverse pleasure in planting subliminal thoughts into Johnno's mind about returning to Albany, preferably on his own.

Later that year, the broking firm closed its doors, and I was picked up by another investment house. That change eliminated Jacinta and Peter from my life. I was not a little sad at this outcome, but I felt we had gone as far as we could. Ours was the endless summer of love and experimentation. We had reached an impasse what with the turmoil at work and the changing of the seasons.

Tabitha and me, and occasionally Johnno, continued to meet up after work for drinks and dinner. Her company was much appreciated as the nights closed in and the temperature plunged.

One Friday night drinks, in the depths of winter, included a surprise guest, Tabitha's mother, Sue, my former mentor. Laughing at my befuddled expression, we embraced warmly. Sue had aged well despite the obvious trauma of the past year.

"You're looking well." I complimented when we broke our hug.

Tabitha was radiant at our reunion.

"So are you," Answered Sue beaming widely, "You've fleshed out a lot. Like your short hair."

"How long are you here for?"

"Just the weekend," Answered Sue, as we took our seats, "Here to see how my daughter is doing."

Tabitha and her mother exchanged loving glances.

One of the closed mindsets that continually amazed me about people living in Albany was the fact that when they came to Perth, a six-hour road journey on average, they needed a month to plan the trip. And prepare they did, in minute detail on every aspect of what was a routine trip, literally up the Albany Highway.

We got the elephant in the room out right away with me expressing my regret at Tabitha's parents' separation. Sue was aware that I knew fo that event, but still, it was a small sign of respect that was appreciated.

"Who's looking after Desiree?" Tabitha's tearaway sister.

"She is," Answered Sue, taking a sip of wine, "She's twenty-two now."

Desiree was a party animal par excellence and a total slut. A week after Tabitha and me "officially" split over her infidelity, Desiree propositioned me in the supermarket. I was tempted but firmly declined.

"Has she settled down yet?" I asked jokingly.

Mother and daughter simply snorted their reply, while I laughed at their response.

Over dinner and drinks, we all shared stories about our intervening lives, and it was an enjoyable evening.

Tabitha's phone suddenly pinged, then pinged again and again. She picked up her phone and read through the messages.

"Shit," She said, with a hint of frustration and a wrinkled brow.

"What is it?" Asked Sue.

"Johnno's forgotten his keys and is locked out of the apartment."

Yep, that's Johnno. Never big life's details.

"I'll go and let him in." Said Tabitha, clearly annoyed.

"Shall I come with you?" Sue asked, preparing to leave with her daughter.

"No," Replied Tabitha, packing up her gear, "Stay here and finish your drink."

"Are you coming back?"

"Nah, I won't bother," Reiterated Tabitha, "Love you, mum, and I'll see you soon."

Both Sue and I received pecks on the cheek as Tabitha left the pub, racing home to rescue her clueless boyfriend from himself. Again, thoughts went through my head about why she was even with him.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Interrupted Sue.

"Was just wondering who forgets their keys."

"He's not the smartest cookie in the barrel." Answered Sue, after a second of reflection.

I shrugged in response and took a sip of beer.

"It's you that she adores," Said Sue, "She regrets all that happened back in the day."

"Yeah, well," I began, "We both made regretful mistakes."

"You're inpatient," Said Sue, with a hint of amusement, "You always felt you were destined for bigger and better."

"Yeah, Albany was too small for me."

"All you had to do was wait a bit longer," Sue answered, "Then the two of you could've been here."

This conversation was devolving into a lecture, and my irritation was rising. Sue was correct in a way, but, as actors in life, we make our decisions and choices. There is no room for regret or hypothetical "what ifs?"

"Perhaps," I began, looking to change the topic, "We've remained friends and that, in a way, is a better outcome."

"Very true," Said Sue, taking my hint, "I'm glad you are friends."

Silence, before Sue, added a line about what the future might hold between Tabitha and me.

"Tabitha will have to see her relationship for what it is," I responded, "I don't want to be the cause of their break-up."

Except that I was working behind the scenes to break them up, and I was shameless about doing it.

Thankfully, the conversation meandered across safer topics over several drinks before the alcohol made its presence felt. Sue and I decided to call it a night around 11 pm.

When we exited the pub, the fresh air was a godsend, but there was also a light sprinkle of rain and a distinct chill.

"Where's the taxi stand?" Asked Sue, shivering at the change in ambient temperature.

"Just up here."

We walked a short distance up Barrack Street but found no cabs.

"Shit!"

"It's maybe a 15- or 20-minute walk to Tabitha's from here." I did not know Tabitha's exact address, merely that it was off Walcott Street.

"I don't want to walk on my own."

"I'm happy to walk you there," I offered, "I need the fresh air."

"Don't you have other things to do?"

"Nah, nothing," I replied.

While sexual companionship would not go astray, I had no designs on Tabitha's mother other than delivering her to her daughter's apartment safely.

However, on the walk home, Sue signalled that she had designs on me, or so I thought. Shivering from the rain, she walked close to me so that we bumped together. There were several instances of our fingers touching as if Sue wanted to hold my hand. I opened my hand, and sure enough, she took it. Then she leaned into me and encouraged me to place my arm around her.

That was the state of play when we reached Walcott Street, Sue directed us to Tabitha's apartment block, which was a typical 80s build, no distinguishing features except its proximity to the CBD.

"Thanks for accompanying me, Jason."

"My pleasure."

We stood facing each other as the rain fell lightly. I sensed a need in Sue's confused countenance, and then, suddenly, she lunged towards me, only to correct herself.

"Well," Sue said with extreme embarrassment, "Thanks for walking me here, but I better go."

"Great seeing you again."

And with that, I turned away and retraced my steps and got home around midnight and fell into a deeply relaxing sleep.

Next morning, I awoke to a text message from an unknown number.

"Hi Jason, Sue, here. Thanks for the consideration last night. Wondering if you fancied dinner tonight?"

Only Tabitha could have given her mother my number. What were they up to?

"With Tabby and Johnno?"

"No, they're going to a party."

Just Sue and me then? Now, this was a curious development. Enjoyed the eldest daughter, could have had the youngest but perhaps the mother? My cock jumped in anticipation. Sue was a sexy MILF with attributes amply reflected in her daughters. I wondered if my kinks and filth would be too extreme for Sue, best see if I even get to that stage first.

"Sure."

"Where would you like to go?"

"The Windsor in South Perth, say 5 pm?"

"Great, see you there."

Not long after that brief exchange, Tabitha text with an apology but said that her mum did not want to be stuck at the apartment alone. Fair enough, I responded, I had no specific plans for the evening and was happy to go to dinner with her mother, my former mentor.

Around lunchtime, I received a text from a friend asking whether I fancied a beer. Given the glorious winter weather, it would have been rude of me to refuse. Our usual drinking hole was the Lucky Shag (referring to a type of cormorant), located in the CBD right on the Swan River that sported magnificent views to the south of the city. I grabbed a couple of beer and bagged a table right on the water. My friend, Sy, joined me shortly after that.

For a couple of hours, we enjoyed a free-ranging conversation while checking out the female tourists that came for a drink.

"So, what you up to tonight?" Asked Sy, following a pause in the conversation.

"Funny thing," I answered, welcoming an opportunity to bring up my dinner plans, "Tabitha's mother asked me out."

"Way to go!"

"I think she made a pass at me last night when I walked her back to Tabitha's."

"Is she hot?"

Hot was not the adjective I would have applied. Sure, Sue was attractive for a MILF, and there were signs of wear and tear back in 1997. Now, the mileage was certainly showing, probably on account of the stress from separation.

"You reckon she's gagging for cock?"

"I don't know, man," I said, sceptical of Sue's intentions, "Wouldn't I ruin my chance with Tabitha?"

"I doubt it," Replied Sy, "She's with that stoner, and happy with him."

"There's no accounting for taste," I replied bitterly.

Sy pointed out several other distinct points: Sue and I were both single; Tabitha suggested her mother hung with me and provided my phone number to Sue.

"A blind man with a cane sees what's going on here."

True, I should not look a gift horse in the mouth, but that was not very generous to Sue. It was not that the gift was unwanted; it was merely a case of wanting a better gift that was, currently, unattainable.

"Even if you're successful in breaking them up, and suppose you're successful in doing it in a way that she doesn't realise, why do you think you're in with a chance?"

Another brutal truth-bomb. Sy made me confront my ego and selfishness. The chances of me breaking them up and being the white knight were virtually impossible. The best-case outcome would likely be a ruined friendship. If I wanted Tabitha back in my bed, she needed to see her relationship with Johnno for what it was, break up, grieve and see higher value in me. That could be tomorrow or even years into the future, or never.

"Why flog yourself, mate?" Sy asked, "Look, Sue might offer you something, and if you're okay with that, then go for it."

"But Tabitha?"

"Fuck, Tabitha," Retorted my friend, "She's in a relationship and, it appears to me, she's fine with her mother going on a date with you."

"So, you don't think it'll affect our friendship?"

"Nah, it'll be fine," Answered Sy, with a grin, "However, mate, you might want to think about your approach."

"What do you mean?"

"Your kink selection, that you constantly broadcast to the opposite sex is not shared widely." He answered with a wink.

Sy was referring to my near obsession with anal sex and water sports. I did manage to convince Tabitha to indulge my kinks to a degree, but many other women since went nowhere near them, especially the latter. As a result, I frequently bungled potential dates even when Sy told me, numerous times, not to mention them.

"Fair enough." We laughed and drained our beers.

"So, just pare it back a bit, and let her make the moves."

It was good advice that stood the test of time.

"Just be sensitive," Continued Sy, "Remember, she's likely lonely and deeply hurt by what happened."

"Act like a gentleman then?"

"You, a gentleman?" My friend snorted, "Dial down the sleaze, and you'll be fine."

Sy was a friend and mentor too. He was immensely successful in the dating scene because his approach was the opposite of mine, and he tried to teach me the secrets of his success, but I was too careless at the time. He accepted sexual encounters for what they were. Sure, he had his kinks, but they would be indulged, from time to time, when those women pushed for them. Eventually, I learned the lesson, but it took a few more failures.

At 4 pm, Sy and I departed, him to home and me to The Windsor in South Perth. I jumped on the ferry and sailed across the river. The pub was a two-minute walk from the jetty and had quite the custom. I grabbed a beer, took a seat on the terrace, and contemplated Sy's advice.

Forty-five minutes later, I received a text from Sue announcing that she was jumping in a taxi. What drink would she like? Vodka, lime and lemonade. Done.

As the minute hand ticked over to 5 pm, a taxi turned up out the front, and a radiant Sue emerged with a beaming smile and a wave. Seconds later, we hugged, and Sue sat down opposite me. After thanking me for the drink, Sue drained immediately it, wincing at the vodka burn. I sat there amazed and glanced at my near full pint of Kilkenny, knowing full well I could not skol that.

Dazman
Dazman
365 Followers