All Comments on 'The Taboo Transformation Ch. 01'

by Glaze72

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
LeenysmanLeenysmanover 2 years ago

Small point -- You still refer to Jeff's ejaculate as his "seed" but also say he's taking this notosterone. Shouldn't it have stopped sperm production, so his ejaculate doesn't contain any?

n0rdendmann0rdendmanover 2 years ago

It was a real well told story with good characters, but I have one quibble concerning science. I’m not a doctor or have any medical knowledge other than what mr. Google finds for me, but couldn’t the same aims of our protagonist be achieved through hormone therapy? Don’t people who undergo sex reassignments take estrogen and grow breasts & develop a a more feminine body? And don’t menopausal women also take estrogen to increase their libido? I’m just asking and not at all trying to troll. It wouldn’t be as dramatic as how you had the protagonist go off the legal deep end, but medical it’s more plausible and thus believable.

Glaze72Glaze72over 2 years agoAuthor

Nothing is more annoying than clever readers LOL.

1) (Responding to Leenysman): The seed does not necessarily have to be fertile. Notosterone renders sperm non-viable in the testes.

2) (Responding to n0rdenman): Jane's experiment on herself was mainly to prove the efficacy of her gene-splicing technique. The main purpose of that technique (as stated in the text) was to provide permanent cures for certain genetic diseases. Diseases for which hormone injections were no good. Diabetes, for example. Or ALS.

smooth_Ballssmooth_Ballsover 2 years ago

The science, it is pure fantasy. Google won't tell anything useful with regard to this. Magic in a syringe. Like a powerful amulet an old gypsy woman gave her...

Only this is her own magic. Plane Jane, her well dry and she visits the finest women she and her team could find, taking samples from which she destilled their essence and prepares it all to the point that all she needs to do to try it out is take a dose and inject it.

Clearly using that magic to cure herself must have been the plan for a long time and not just the idea of a moment. Why not? Other mad scientist wanted their creations to help them gain world dominance. Jane wants it to give her her birth right as a sensual woman.. A plausible motivation if there ever was one.

Reminds me of the tale of the Zauberlehrling, the sorcerer's apprentice who learned the spell to make ghosts bring water spying on his master and he feels so great as the spell works and the helpful ghosts bring water, bucket after bucket. Things run out of control then as he fails to make them stop bringing more water and rivulets of water flow through the house and destroy it.

The first chapter's end makes me wonder whether Doctor Jane Richardson can keep her magic under control.

LeenysmanLeenysmanover 2 years ago

Another technical point -- the story claims the process won't affect reproductive cells because they only have 23 chromosomes instead of 46. But, men aren't born with their sperm pre-formed, the way women are born with all of their eggs. The sperm develop later, in a process which starts with a 46-chromosome stem cell. So, unless this treatment is only meant for women or somehow avoids altering these stem cells in men, it will affect trait inheritance.

And what happens if a man is injected with DNA from a woman or vice-versa?

WoodencavWoodencavover 2 years ago

Great storey, love it. To the nit pickers below on the science, get a life, this is a fantasy storey.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not a bad story except your pathetic personal politics are very evident. Your male characters aren’t really male at all so much as females with male forms.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Definitely one for the ladies. I did read it all but got lost halfway in.

IJS0904IJS0904almost 2 years ago

Amazing start. I can't wait to read the next chapter. Yes, the science is a bit of writer's license, but who really cares? You created a nice premise as the base for your story. Go with it and ignore the critics.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 1 year ago

I'd echo a few comments, in that I think it's clearly written more for the ladies and the men need to be a little more manlike. I'd also leave the politics out of any story, unless it's specifically political. Politics is always divisive and in this type of story it added nothing to it, so I would really advise staying away from it.

However I thought the writing was generally very good, although you might want to build some more expectation and story, before leaping to something like the last line, it was a little jarring and didn't need to be, if you spent a few paragraphs building the kids suspicisions.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGlaze72@Glaze72
Hello All: Update as of May 2023. I have had people reach out to me regarding sequels to stories that I have posted on here, so let me address those first: "Mary's Innocent Passion." This is titled "Innocent Passion" on my page on Smashwords and my personal website. No seque...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES