The Tales of Tamil - Uh, Talimor

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Look at his armor. He really is the Mesiah incarnate," One voice whispers.

"I heard he knows the Holy Language. Supposedly, he spoke with Professor Micah easily. Not many people could speak the Holy Language that well," Another says.

After hearing his name, You spot Professor Micah in the gallery. It was quite convincing to Ratzinger's guests when you spoke with the Professor at the dinner party. Perhaps the old English speaker can help your case.

You reach over to Mia, seated next to you, and gently squeeze her knee.

"I'm hearing good things so far," you say with a smile. She's fiddling with her fingers, and flashes you a fretful smile. You can tell she is worried.

"This will be easy," You try to reassure her. "Ratzinger loves us. Castellano will be easy to convince, and Law... well who gives a damn about Law," You say.

"I hope you're right," Mia replies.

The hall quiets down as a man calls for their attention. Mentally, you label him the M.C., though there's probably an official name for him. The M.C. stands to the side of the Triumvirate's dias, announcing their entry. Each of them is introduced in turn, taking their seats. First comes Ratzinger, your strongest ally. He is accompanied by one of his servants, who assists him up the short flight of steps into his chair. Next comes Castellano, the man you know least about. Castellano is gray haired like the others, but not as feeble or aged as Ratzinger. He sits quietly and quickly on his own. Last comes Law, the Bishop you know is set against you. He comes in hurriedly, taking the center raised seat. You lean to Mia, whispering in her ear.

"Why is Law in the middle, raised up?"

"He's the chairman," She explains, "If there's a tie in the vote, he has the power to break it." You squint at her, confused.

"There's three of them," You try to make it work in your head.

"Not always," Mia says.

"They're called the Triumvirate," You persist.

"Not always," she says, shrugging as if to say 'I don't get it either'.

After the men are seated, a prayer is said by the M.C. You cringe during the long winded exaltation of your dead uncle. The speaker praises him, and asks him to watch over the proceedings and grant the Triumvirate his wisdom. After the prayer, Law begins the procedures.

"Bishop Ratzinger will examine the Prospect firstly," He announces.

"Am I the Prospect?" You whisper to Mia.

"No, I am," Tarra says sarcastically.

"Yes, you are the Prospect." Mia confirms for you.

Ratzinger stands to his feet, assisted by his servant.

"I would like to call my good friend Professor Micah to speak." He announces. The old man sits back down with a struggle. Micah stands from the galley, making his way down to speak. Two of the nearby guards help him down to the floor. You wave at him, and he waves back, smiling. The Professor stands in the center of the large courtroom alone, looking very lonely in the middle of the large space.

Law begins an examination of Micah abruptly.

"You are an expert in the Holy Language?" The Bishop asks.

"Yes, Bishop. I speak it fluently." Micah replies.

"And how did you learn the Holy Language?"

"In days long past, I studied under those who knew the Mesiah directly. When they passed, I studied their works."

Law rattles off a list of names, leveling his eyes at Micah.

"Were any of those the men you studied under?" He asks.

"Yes, I can confirm two of those men I worked with directly. I have transcripts with me." Micah pulls a paper from his pocket, walking to the dais and presenting it to Law. The Bishop looks increasingly annoyed.

"And how do we know these men actually spoke the Holy Language?" The Bishop asks. "Maybe they were faking it," Law glares down at Micah. Micah answers slowly, choosing his words carefully.

"The two men I've studied under were close friends with the Mesiah," He explains, "I cannot offer better evidence than that." Bishop Law sighs deeply, scanning over Micah's document.

"And in your expert opinion, how well versed in the Holy Language is our Prospect?" Law asks, gesturing to your party.

"Bishop, it is my (Something) opinion that the Prospect is a native speaker. He knows the language better than I do." Micah responds.

The Gallery buzzes slightly with whispers at Micah's proclamation. Ratzinger speaks next.

"You know of course, what being a native speaker would require, Law? That he be from the Mesiah's world." The old Bishop proudly rasps.

"I'm aware," Law replies, frustrated.

You nudge Mia, winking at her. She smiles back.

"See?" You whisper.

Law spends the next half an hour thoroughly grilling Micah on English, his expertise in the language, how he studied, what he studied, under whom he studied. Micah gives an extremely detailed account of his history with English. Once Law is finished, he dismisses the professor, who looks at you with a smile as he walks back to the gallery.

"[I appreciate you coming today, Professor]." You say in English. The gallery buzzes again with whispers, and Law's face sours. Micah smiles back at you.

"[It was my pleasure, Messiah.]" He responds.

Law stares at you grimly, clearly upset. You smile smugly back at him.

Next, Law announces that it is Castellano's turn to present evidence. Your stomach twists up a bit. Castellano hasn't decided one way or another. If you're going to win this tribunal, you must convince him. He stands, collects papers and notes, stacks them neatly, and addresses you. He launches into a long series of in-depth questions about your Uncle Dave's life. Where he worked, who he knew, his father's name, and other trivia. You answer as best you can, wanting to both simultaneously convince them that you really do know Dave personally, and keep secret the fact that you think he was a sad, lonely old man.

Castellano continues on for almost half an hour. When he is satisfied, he addresses the room.

"The questions I have asked our Prospect today were from the personal journal of Bishop Giovanni, may he rest in peace. Giovanni knew the Mesiah well, and collected these stories from His Majesty's own company. Our prospect..." Castellano gestures to you. "Has answered my questions with an extreme degree of accuracy. Having had no access to these documents, the only possibility for our Prospect..."

You think Castellano likes to pause for effect a little too much.

"...Is that he knew the Mesiah personally."

Whispers echo through the hall fervently. You smile, wrapping an arm around Mia.

"That establishes only that the Prospect is who he claims to be! We know nothing of his claim to successorship!" Law calls out over the voices of the gallery, who's increasingly voluminous chatter becomes more and more raucous.

"Recess! We'll be back in five minutes!" Law yells. The Chairman of the Triumvirate appears to be sweating.

A servant is readily available to show you to a private back room, giving you time to speak with your companions. Once alone, you hug Mia triumphantly, lifting her up and twirling her around.

"Castellano is on our side!" You exclaim. "He's going to confirm me for sure."

Mia giggles as you spin her.

"I knew you were the Mesiah. I always knew," she says.

Tarra isn't nearly as excited.

"We still have Law's arguments to hear," The warrior reminds you. "...But yeah, it looks good." Tarra concedes. She actually flashes a small smile, and you hug her too.

"Let's go see what Law has in store for us," She says.

Law stands in his dais when you enter, already prepared. Your party takes their seats, and the gallery quiets down.

"As the last Bishop to speak, my argument will no doubt be the most thorough," Law announces. "As everyone of our zealous attendants will know, our beloved Mesiah possessed special qualities. Namely, his power as a warrior was unmatched." Law looks directly at you. His face is set, jaw clenched. He glares at you through squinted eyes.

"If our Prospect truly is the successor to the Mesiah, he should be the mightiest warrior in the land," says Law. Around the room, muttered assent is heard, with multiple voices agreeing.

"I propose we test our Prospect. I have invited a guest," he gestures to someone standing outside one of the courtroom doors, and a tall, muscular man enters.

"Some of you may know Kaiophus. He is a champion of the colosseum,"

Kaiophus is big, muscly, and gruff looking. He's easily over six feet tall, and as thick around the middle as a whiskey barrel. His hairy chest makes him look more like a grizzly bear than a person, and his size doesn't hurt the illusion either. On his face he wears a bushy handlebar mustache, giving him the look of an old-timey strongman.

Ratzinger calls out, objecting as loudly as his feeble voice will allow.

"Unreal! Embarrassing. This is a tribunal, a place of law, not a tavern for brawls!" He is barely heard, but Law addresses him.

"If Bishop Ratzinger will not allow the test in court, Then of course we can postpone the test. I think we all agree this challenge must occur, so that we can be certain!" Says Law. He smirks as if he's already won. Perhaps his goal is to delay the test rather than win it outright.

You lean to Mia's ear, whispering.

"You guys have a colosseum? That's badass." The young blonde wrinkles her eyebrows at you in concern. Before she can say anything, Tarra leans over her, harshly whispering to you.

"You're in. I've seen what you can do. Get this guy in the ring and they might as well hand you the crown right now," She says. You look over at Kaiophus, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm not so sure," You reply. "But Law said he would reschedule the vote for this test. Maybe if we take a few days to tra-" Tarra scoffs, rolling her eyes. The stern woman stands, calling out to the Triumvirate.

"Bishop Law, the Prospect has expressed interest in concluding the tribunal immediately. He wishes to fight your champion here, in the courtroom, right now."

Your eyes widen in shock.

"Tarra..." you whisper at her loudly. Your skin crawls with fear, and your stomach lurches.

"You've got this. I know you do." Tarra says. Law calls on you from across the room.

"Are you certain, Prospect?" He asks, his voice quavering. You're about to say no, but the uncertainty in Law's voice gives you a bit of confidence.

Mia looks at you, her eyes reflecting your fear. She reaches out, grabbing your hand gently.

"I know you are the Mesiah. Don't hurt yourself to prove it." Mia says.

Tarra is not nearly so comforting.

"Do it, pussy."

You remember a few days ago, when you had decided to leave Mia and Tarra in the woods. When the assassins crept by, you acted out of fear for your companions. To protect them. Is this really so different? You had destroyed those men. Those warriors. You are fast and strong. Maybe you can do this. Maybe... you are the Mesiah. Everyone seems to think you are.

You feel like you have to know. It's not about proving it to Law. It's not about hiding a lie.

You need to prove it to yourself.

"I'm certain, Bishop." You stand, casting an apologetic glance at Mia, who's worried, fearful eyes call you back to your seat. Walking around the low railing in front of you, you enter the open area right in front of the Triumvirate's dias. Law says something to Kaiophus, and the big man walks out to meet you. You ignore him for now, speaking to Ratzinger.

"If you'll forgive the uh, dirtying of your court, Bishop. I understand your complaints. But I don't want to waste more time," You say. The Old Bishop peers at you from lidded, tired eyes.

"I understand. You must prove you are the Mesiah. Give the people a show," Ratzinger replies, nodding at the gallery.

You walk back to Kaiophus, extending a hand. He does the same, his giant meathooks wrapping your hand up completely.

"Good luck," you say to him. Surprising you, the big, muscly man replies with a clear and calm voice.

"Good luck to you, too. If you really are the Mesiah, then this is an honor. And... I cannot hold back," he shrugs.

"Yeah, no worries." You feel a bit of hesitation. Normally, a man his size would break you like a twig. But you're stronger now, since you've come to this world.

Right?

"So, what are the rules? No weapons?" You ask. Kaiophus doesn't seem to be wielding anything.

"I don't need one," He says. " But you can keep yours." You briefly consider keeping Excalibur, but decide against it. Walking back to your seat, you unstrap the blade from your waist, handing it to Mia.

"I'm not gonna stab him," You explain. " It looks bad, stabbing an unarmed man." Mia is upset, on the verge of tears.

"I'm so worried for you," She says, accepting the sheathed blade and squeezing it tightly.

"To tell you the truth, I kind of am too. Any tips, Tarra?" You ask. The trained warrior looks your opponent over critically, as if sizing up a new purchase.

"Well, he's got height, weight, and reach on you. I wouldn't try to box him. He's also got muscle on you, and probably experience. I wouldn't grapple him either." She says.

You doubletake, glaring at her.

"Then what do I do?" You ask.

"...You're faster than him, I bet." She replies. "Normally I'd say wear him out by keeping light on your toes. But if you win that way..."

"That might not convince anyone I'm a powerful warrior," You say. "I'm gonna have to scrap with him, aren't I?"

"Yeah," Tarra nods.

"I wish you'd spent some time teaching me how to fight," you complain.

"Come on, you're strong, you're fast. Hit him hard, don't let him grab you. I've seen what you can do. Go get him," She gestures to your opponent, who is busy stretching his rippling muscles.

Stepping back out into the center of the large open chamber, you face Kaiophus.

"This isn't to the death, is it?" You ask him.

"No, I will tap out if you hurt me badly," he replies, shocking you with his articulation and calm speech. His mannerism is in direct contradiction to his frightening size and strength.

"You're more humble than I had expected." You say, raising your fists defensively.

"Pride comes before the fall," He raises his fists too.

The two of you begin circling, ready to fight. He feints, and you back up a bit. It wasn't a real punch, but even still it felt slow. You'll have to deal with a lot more than that to actually get close enough to hit him. His arms are easily eight inches longer than yours.

You move in close, throwing your own punch, which comes up short. He responds with a jab, and you easily dodge. The slowness of his movements surprises you. Despite his size, you had expected a champion fighter to be quick. Moving back in, you risk coming closer to him. You deliver quick punches to his stomach, and squirt out under his arms, dodging a slow grab. Thinking you had only lightly hit him, you resume your defensive position, raising your fists to block your face.

Kaiophus is kneeling, clutching his stomach. You're confused at first, thinking maybe it's a trick. But you watch him for a second, hearing his breath come in short gasps.

Maybe you are the Mesiah?

"It's okay..." You say. "Take a minute." Kaiophus stands slowly, picking himself off.

"You are fast and strong," He replies.

"Uh, yeah, so are you."

He charges you unexpectedly, and you duck him, slipping below a haymaker. The whole time, you feel like Kaiophus is moving in slow motion, and you're able to track each of his movements and step aside easily.

He smashes into a row of unoccupied chairs directly beside Mia and Tarra. The two women quickly evacuate, backing up to a much safer distance. Kaiophus turns around to face you.

"You're so ...quick." he seems to be in disbelief. "You leave yourself completely open, but... you're so fast."

"Well, I don't think I was completely open..." You try to defend yourself.

"No, you were. Your footwork is terrible. You are a very bad fighter." He explains.

"Says the guy who hasn't hit me." You're actually a bit offended.

"You are so fast but so open. As if a person with absolutely no skill has been gifted extraordinary power," He explains.

"Let's just finish the fight." You stop him before he insults you more. Kaiophus squares up with you again, raising his meaty fists.

This time, you're not testing the waters. You cut loose, launching yourself at him at full speed. The wooden floor beneath your feet gives way, and you spring at your target with a crack of the boards. He tries to respond, but he simply lacks the speed or reaction time. Your fist connects with his face, shocking the court chamber with a loud pop. He staggers backwards, but you're too fast, catching him with another punch before he falls. And another, and another. You hit him several times as he's falling backwards. Even as you watch him collapse to the ground, he seems to be in slow motion. Reigning yourself in, you stop hammering him with attacks, letting the man finally fall to the floor of the courtroom.

He doesn't get up, and you warily check on him. Blood soaks his bushy mustache, and his face is deep red and starting to swell. The big muscly man appears to be unconscious.

"Uh... help?" You call out to the gallery, or the triumvirate, or whoever. Medical personnel are not on hand for the possibility of injury. Fortunately, Tarra has some medicinal skill, and offers to check Kaiophus for serious injuries. As the courtroom is rearranged, and the big warrior's blood is cleaned off the floor, order is restored to the cheering gallery. The people had begun to thunderously applaud your victory, and chants quickly broke out.

"Mesiah! Mesiah! Mesiah!" They call.

Once they've been quieted down, Law addresses the room.

"We will hold a vote officially this evening," He seems disappointed. "And as for me, I will confirm the divinity of the Prospect." He admits.

You're shocked by Law's admission. Mia physically jumps from her seat, her hands shaking with excitement.

"As will I.'' Castellano adds, "It will be an honor to serve under the Mesiah once more," He nods at you. Lastly, Ratzinger simply smiles.

"This Tribunal is concluded," Law calls. As the people begin to exit, many of them start to climb from the galley, coming down to you. Mia prompts you to leave, grabbing hold of your hand and pulling.

"We should go," She says. "The soldiers will not be able to hold the crowd for long."

The people are exuberant, pushing their way over the barriers and onto the courtroom floor. For them, the Mesiah has returned at long last. It feels unreal, watching them call out to you. They strain at the strong hands of the guards, trying to push back and get near to you. It's worshipful. It's terrifying.

As you hustle out of the door, you catch sight of Law, seated high above the courtroom. The man looks aged beyond his years, his head hangs, and his shoulders slump. Amazingly, tears streak his face. You stare in shock for a second, confused that he would take the loss so personally.

Tarra breaks your focus, grabbing your arm and shouting.

"We've got to go!" She says, as one person slips past the assembled guards. A middle aged man, he runs towards you, shouting praises.

"Mesiah!" He calls. Tarra deftly smacks him down with a single armored fist, putting him on the ground.

"Now!" The Warrior shouts. You follow quickly, mostly out of concern that more of the unlucky fools might get too close to Tarra.

The three of you quickly make your way back to the apartment you've been staying in. Once inside, your party finally takes the time to celebrate. You collapse into a chair, laughing out loud. Mia falls to the floor in front of you, resting her head on your lap. The young blonde woman can't stop smiling. She strokes your hand affectionately, her eyes filling with tears.

"I always knew," She sobs. "I always knew. Mesiah."

In a few minutes of chatter, you relive with them the entire trial, ending with your defeat of Kaiophus. Mia stares up at you worshipfully, and Tarra claps you on the back.