The Tales of Tamil - Uh, Talimor

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If you have the power to protect Mia and Tarra, I'll leave you alone. I understand that you have work to do." You say. "I can even make a statement to the people that my Uncle favors you."

Law's face is pensive. He seems almost worried.

"No, I can't guarantee that. Without a king on the throne, I can't guarantee anything." He says. His words gain a bit of vigor, and leans forward,studying you.

"What are you saying?" You ask. He stands, leaning over on his desk. He looks so exhausted.

"I can change my vote. Castellano feels the same way he did this morning. I can put you on the throne as soon as possible. You can fix everything. As a king you would have powers I'd only ever dream of." He seemed so small and defeated when you first walked into the room. Like he'd already accepted defeat. That defeated man is gone now, and Law has his conviction back.

"I'm not sure another fake Mesiah is the solution," You reply.

"Don't walk away from this." Law fixes you with his eyes, determined and serious. He's using the same words Tarra had used when she showed you her scars. "I've worked against his evil for fifty years. I don't have the power to overturn royal edicts." he explains. "But you would. Accept the throne, accept the rule of Volvsvaer. And then systematically dismantle every evil act of your uncle." He speaks passionately, lightly rapping the desk with a fist.

You're hesitant, scared. Is ruling a country really something you can do? Is this a lie you could keep up?

"Won't the people be upset?" You ask. "If I tell them I'm undoing Dave's laws?" Law begins to pace, excited.

"No, no, we'll go slowly. A little bit at a time. A change here, a change there. All the while we'll be careful to make sure you're popular. The people are ready for a Mesiah. They've waited long enough. We'll warm the people up to you. It may be five years from now, but one day we'll tear that damn statue down!" he exclaims. You recall the statue he's referring to, in the palace promenade.

"I can call Castellano and change my vote tonight." Law turns to face you. "Just tell me you're willing to fight for this."

He extends a hand to you. You hesitate.

"Be the Mesiah your uncle should have been." He says.

Is this why you're here? Are you strong enough to do this? Are you brave enough?

You clasp his hand.

"We'll need a plan," You say. He nods, smiling. Law stands from his desk.

"But for the first time in fifty years, I feel like I can actually save my people."

"I'm nervous," You say. You stand in the main entry hall of the palace, dressed in your uncle's armor. Well, your armor now. Mia stands beside you, her arms wrapped around yours in her familiar affectionate, clingy way. She's wearing an elegant, strapless gown, all crimson and purple. Her beautiful, glowing blonde hair is styled in a gorgeous french twist. Mia smiles back at you.

"It's okay. I'm really happy to be doing this with you." She says.

It had been difficult to find Mia and Tarra. Impossible in fact. The palace guard (Soon to be renamed the Royal Guard) searched high and low. Tarra was simply too good at her job. Of course, as soon as they heard that Law had changed his vote, and that a date had been set for your coronation, your two Volvish companions had reappeared at the palace, as if out of thin air.

You were supposed to do the coronation alone, but you insisted that Mia would be beside you. Originally, Law had argued she shouldn't be with you. He had said she wasn't the one getting crowned, and it might look 'weak' to the people. Through a long talk, you had convinced him that having one of the local people by your side would endear the common person to you. Mia was already known by some as a princess. Now she'd be known as a queen.

Of course, the truth is that you've grown fond of her, and you don't want to do this without her.

The two of you walk to exit the doors of the palace, followed closely by Tarra. The armored woman is quiet, trying to maintain professionality. She can't help but say something.

"Thank you for doing this. Just remember how much good you can do." She whispers.

"Thanks, Tarra," You respond.

Squeezing Mia's hand in yours, you step through the open doors of the palace.

The promenade is filled with a huge crowd. Thousands of people are packed so tightly into the large outdoor area that there's only room for standing. You look out across the sea of people, seeing nothing but love and admiration. You move quickly around the feet of your uncle's statue, to a prepared stage set up for the coronation. Royal Guard stand all around the stage, steel white armor glimmering in the bright sunlight.

Law stands behind you, speaking as loudly as he can. His robes are the most resplendent you've seen since arrival, layered with purple and white. Castellano had been shocked when you'd confirmed that you wanted Law to perform the coronation. Perhaps the sudden friendship between you and Law was proof to the 'faithful' of their new Mesiah's divinity.

There's no possible way the crowd hears Law, except perhaps the first few rows. He finishes a prayer to your uncle and bids you to kneel. You turn your back to the crowd and drop to one knee. Mia stands to your side, watching you with an immovable smile. Law begins to recite another prayer.

"O, Mesiah, oh Dave, bless your successor with your power. In your name, we grant him your crown!"

It's strange to hear someone use Dave's name. The people hold it in such high regard, casual use of the name 'Dave' is considered blasphemy.

Law lowers the crown onto your head. It's the first time you've seen the delicate piece of jewelry, with gold loops and inlaid jewels of all kinds. It feels heavy on your head, both physically and metaphorically.

Law tells you to stand and face the crowd. The volume of their cheers hurts your ears. The people are cheering, jumping up and down, chanting. To your left, a discordant song picks up. Quickly, the people catch on, synchronizing their voices into one. The same hymn you heard when you entered the city. A song of worship for their Mesiah. The volume renders you deaf to all else within seconds. Even though you know you're not a god, the splendor and sheer power of the people's unanimous show of love and respect overwhelms you, and tears begin to fall down your cheeks.

You know you have to do right by these people.

As the hymn ends, Law kneels behind you. Quickly, the crowd follows suit, kneeling in front of you. Mia starts to drop too, but you catch her, pulling her to your side.

"Not you." You say, holding her up. The two of you stand, hugging each other, facing the kneeling crowd. Mia is shaking a bit, her hands grasping you tightly. She cries too, smiling at you.

"This is everything I've ever dreamed of," She says. You don't reply. There's too much going on in your mind.

Back in your quarters, The three of you work together to strip the armor from Tarra and you. Once you're down to your skivvies, you drop into a chair. Tarra slides down to the floor, leaning on a wall. Mia sits in a chair, scooting it closer to you. The three of you sit in silence, exhausted.

You look at Mia. In her eyes, you see pure adoration and undying love. She believes in all her heart that she's married to god, and she'd die for that belief. You don't feel like you've earned a drop of it.

Tarra has her eyes closed, one elbow propped up on her knee. She's still wearing her undershirt and shorts, but you can see her scars peeking out from her collar, tracing up her neck. The sight almost overwhelms you, and you look away.

It's been a long week.

"I guess we have a lot of work to do," You say. Tarra opens her eyes, looking at you lazily. Mia grabs your hand and rubs her cheek on your palm.

"Yep. We're with you, Your Majesty." Tarra says, for the first time without sarcasm.

"You are so smart and strong and... I know you can do it." Mia confirms, kissing your fingers lovingly.

"There's still something That doesn't make sense to me." You say. "If Uncle Dave had all of this... power, worship, women, everything he could want... Why did he leave?"

_________________________________________________________________

Beneath the castle, it awakes to the sound of hymns. The exaltation of the faithful trickles through the cracks in the earth, tickling its vile ears out of slumber. With the ripping of aged roots and the cracking of dried clay, the thing draws itself up to its full height, listening. Yes, it can make out what they're saying. They're worshiping the Mesiah. For the first time in fifty years, it smiles.

"Your debt is due, Dave." It hisses through evil teeth.