All Comments on 'The Tattooed Woman Pt. 10'

by Gortmundy

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Okay, so the tattooed woman has indeed some connection to Morrigan as I suspected. The crows presumably reacted to her approaching. Very telling also the following exchange: 'Cassie stared in amazement, "I wonder what she was like." The tattooed woman stared at the shrine but made no answer.' That's a hidden cue if there ever was.

At this point I assume that she is either Morrigan herself or her daughter. The latter is more likely though. For once, when she told her story some chapters ago, her mother was described with an aura of supremacy, befitting a goddess. And from a storytelling viewpoint, it also makes sense to introduce both mother and daughter. If she was Morrigan herself, who'd be her mother? Second, it's fitting that the tattooed woman falls into a peaceful sleep under the care of her mother represented by both the shrine and the image on the wall.

You bet that I'm looking forward to learn more about the truth behind that woman.

GortmundyGortmundyover 1 year agoAuthor

If you read part 11 you may find this link interesting:

https://loraobrien.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/in-the-index-to-persons-of-the-Cath-Maige-Tuired-1024x576.jpg

And I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I'm having a lot of fun writing it, and like any writer (I think) I love getting favourable feedback.

All the best, and Merry Yuletide.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknewover 1 year ago

Great story! Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It just keeps getting better and better.

Fibroidkey794Fibroidkey79411 months ago

Great story! This line gave me a good laugh: As one Ashunara and Nyx slowly turned to regard the swordsman. He looked between them both with a dawning expression of horror, "Aw shit."

BoatWrightBoatWright7 months ago

Dear Gormundy,

Keep wrighting, you do it well.

Jerry.

billdaviesbilldavies7 months ago

Just keeps on getting better with each chapter...

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Wonderfully well written. Your characters come alive in words and action. The story is most entertaining. Thank you for writing and for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGortmundy@Gortmundy
The Tattooed Woman - 24 May 2024: That's a complete rewrite of parts 2 and 3 submitted. For reference, the "new" part 2 is over three times the length of the original (its now over 17k words) and there's a lot more to it. I hope you guys enjoy reading it. Ive compiled the...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES