All Comments on 'The Tattooed Woman Pt. 27'

by Gortmundy

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another good instalment. I think the short sharp Povs are an improvement in style as a change from your normal chapters. Mixing it up is a good thing.

The flash back to the north was a good reminder of a past chapter. I think you should consider a senior Drow character now to portray the war from their side. The Other Dave

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 year agoAuthor

So, was looking at the ratings and I spotted that it went from 4.95 with 20 ratings to 4.78 with 23. Now, I know I shouldnt get my knickers in a twist about these things, because no story can appeal to everyone etc. But it looks like someone in that last three gave a 1 rating. Now, that's fine, and I've no reason to complain, but (theres always a but) I would take it as a personal favour if the folks that do that add a wee comment saying why they disliked it so. Now thats not for me to argue with, thats there review and I've no right to expect anything, but only through criticism is my writing going to improve. Even an anonymous critic is still of value, even if they hate the story.

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 year agoAuthor

Senior Drow? Interesting idea. Hmm, gotta put my thinking hat on.

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 1 year ago

I believe the Drow are ruled by females as well . With possibly very strong male Generals . Certainly a good match for our dark elf heroine's .

GR8 chapter .

Sorry you have to concern yourself with that rating . This is XLNT work .

Anyone rating with a 1 . Should not even read this . And likely wouldn't have a thing to say to you .

jwmcleanjwmcleanabout 1 year ago

man this story holds my attention i have tracked it for some time now....please keep on writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story! Loved every chapter but I need a scorecard…or key if you will. Too many characters to keep track of. 😏

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I haven't read your story, I just noticed your comment regarding the rating system.

In my opinion the primary function of the rating system should be helping readers sifting out the ill conceived and badly written stuff.

This means that the level to which a story fits a readers personal taste is of no use whatsoever, and should thus not influence a rating.

The only exception to this would be for stories that obviously don't fit with their category and tags.

If a story advertises to be something you like, and then turns out to be something different entirely, that's a good reason for a low rating too, because that too helps other readers with choosing what to read.

And as a courtesy to the author, you should also place a comment explaining why you gave a bad rating indeed.

If you don't tell an author what he did wrong he won't be able to improve on it after all.

Happy writing ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A one with no comment? It shows not all trolls are in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really loved this chapter, the characters "sounded" right/natural in my head as I read and the POV changes were well done, keeping all the threads sorted and coherent is not an easy task and you generally manage it well.

I almost feel sorry for anyone/anything that gets in the way of our merry band of adventurers.

Dark elf, light elf, goddess, dragon, and I think Cassie will bring us a surprise or three too.

Well done.

Tygre137

Viking_Ficktief69Viking_Ficktief69about 1 year ago

Ich bin erst seit kurzem auf dieser Plattform, als ich auf diese Geschichte stieß, ließ sie mich nicht mehr los und habe sie binnen 2 Tagen verschlungen auch wenn die Zusammenkünfte der Protagonisten nicht so detailliert sind wie in "Die Insel" .

Durch meine Unkenntnis des Englischen verliert die Erzählung an Glanz und vor allem Flüssigkeit, was aber nicht Ihre Schuld ist, sondern die des Google-Übersetzers. Trotz der Schwierigkeit männliche und weibliche Bezüge zu definieren und manch holpriger Übersetzung, Verlust des Schreibflusses, beneide ich Sie um Ihrer Poesie.

Ich freue mich schon auf die Darlegung der finalen Begegnung zwischen Aida und Shalidar , hoffe Sie verzeihen die wahrscheinlich falsche Schreibweise der Namen welche in meinem Gedächtnis sind.

In Erwartung vieler weiter Kapitel verbleibe ich zutiefst Respektvoll ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An excellent chapter again.

Recently read a book by an internationally acclaimed author and found I was slightly disappointed after being absorbed by some of the amazing stories I have found on Lit. Particularly in the Mind Control / Sci Fi categories.

Every few days, I look forward to new chapters available as continuation of this amazing adventure. Many thanks!

Southpaw1430Southpaw1430about 1 year ago

Thank you for another great chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I have never commented on any of the stories before, but I had to comment this one. As an avid reader of fantasy and scifi and having read most of the books by the top 20-30 fantasy authors, this story competes on even terms with most of them, especially in its ability to captivate the mind and feel excited when awaiting what happens to the key characters next.

Keep up the good work and try to keep the current balance between something major happening vs. the lulls in the story - this fine balance has been perfect and is the key in keeping the quality up.

I also personally do not feel any need for more sex in the story, however I do like the fact it is not shunned or treated as a taboo like, unfortunately, in much of mainstream lighter fantasy. Yes, I know this is to keep them readable for younger readers, but it is still annoying nonetheless.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknewabout 1 year ago

Gortmundy, Gortmundy, Gortmundy, what can I say? "Another great chapter" just seems rather trite. (No offense to Southpaw1430). Plot development, character development, this story is amazing! You have something special here, and I hope you continue to share this story with us.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What a nice surprise: Kasa-Dur survived the destruction of the watchtower! I really liked her first appearance which resulted in that heroic attempt to stop a dragon. And, man, did she and that veteran orc succeed. I can't wait to read more about this small side plot.

Oh, and Ash now knows House Varra's got a dragon in their household. Fun, fun.

-AshFan01

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Two things can also happen about the ratings. 1. Is that new readers may misinterpret the ratings. 2. What is easily more likely is that someone on a mobile device accidentally rated it when their hand moved over it or even that it lagged and rated before they finished swiping.

Earlier readers not realizing your icon was a dalek, actually kinda funny for readers in the sci-fi category to not pick up on that. Was just in Cardiff doing a walking tour of scenes. Great time.

billdaviesbilldavies5 months ago

Bloody great work as always. I would say more but I don't have time - I have to read the next chapter immediately!!!

pault070pault0702 days ago

Love this. "Ashunara grinned, "Either hope it's not hungry, or that you can run faster than me I should guess." Very nice work so far.

I have to admit, I had a hard time starting with this story also and it appears you had already re-written the start. Sorry I hadn't commented yet.

Best thing I think would help it is to focus on the main character first. The focus on the environment and the world, then focus on side characters (even if we do love them) starts off as hard to follow. Like maybe the battle that left her near death in the field would have been a better start, then going through building the other characters and environment would have given a start that says, "We'll get back to our hero shortly."

Maybe that isn't something you'd want to do, and that's fine. Just a thought, and as far as re-writing the start again, you don't have to. Just a thought for any future stories I think I'd just have to read if you write them.

Not sure if that's the best way. I do like how you've built up the dark elves. They're just so evil, but good people. lol.

Thanks for what I've read so far. I really appreciate it, and like how it's going. Thank you very much for writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGortmundy@Gortmundy
The Tattooed Woman - 16 March: Chapter 1 of Tattooed Woman edited (again), rewritten and now on site. Changes in this version are based on constructive criticism I received. So, lets see what you think. Part 42 being written, in the offing and coming soon. Dramatis Perso...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES