All Comments on 'The Tattooed Woman Pt. 28'

by Gortmundy

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
SensualSigmaSensualSigmaabout 1 year ago

Waking up in the nip, in the middle of nowhere, rolled up in a bearskin rug, sounds like something that could have happened to me in my younger drinking days.

James_DuncanJames_Duncanabout 1 year ago

I do love the black humour in this :)

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 year agoAuthor

So, I added a Drow character (she even has a name: oh, fun fact, "The Dullahan" is a monster in Irish mythology, depicted as a headless rider on a black horse - is this perhaps a portent of things to come?). I'm curious to see what you good folks make of her.

Southpaw1430Southpaw1430about 1 year ago

Thanks. A great chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another fine effort. Kudos to you. The switch between Povs was clever and balanced. You continue to improve and the cliff hanger you left us with was one of your best. Keep up the good work. The other Dave

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She may be dead, but The Morrigan kicks ass!

pk2curiouspk2curiousabout 1 year ago

A vicious foe for sure .

I also noticed a lot of particular attention to Muriah and the securing of her eventual successful future . It seems you have some long term plans for ths tale .

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 year agoAuthor

I need help folks, Im looking for your opinion.

I was writing this as a trilogy and the end of this chapter takes this second volume up to 125k words roughly.

So, do I use this sort of fairly virulent event at the end as a fire-break, end volume 2 here and start volume 3, or do I put in another couple of chapters, maybe taking it up to about 150k words?

Opinions please.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknewabout 1 year ago

I agree with James Duncan, the dark humor is quite delicious! Gortmundy, this latest chapter feels to me more like the start of a new volume, not the end of one. So I think a few more chapters to find an endpoint is the better way forward.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes yes I as waiting for dragons to do something! Great story keep it coming

FrethnorFrethnorabout 1 year ago

In an effort to read more than one chapter at a time, I waited two whole days before reading this one. I really did try. But, I failed. [sigh] And now the wait begins again.

scifijazzmanscifijazzmanabout 1 year ago

Very good. I don't care whether you call it a new volume or another chapter. I just want you to keep writing and ultimately finish the story. I have been captured by several episodic stories that ended in the middle, so I hope you stick with it. Kudos.

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsabout 1 year ago

I've read all 28 chapters in 3 days. I need more! Great story! So much happening and no clue as to what will happen next!

SkiingphotogSkiingphotog12 months ago

I am Tipp McClure of the Clan MacLeod and I approve of this chapter.

GortmundyGortmundy12 months agoAuthor

Hello Tipp McClure. Clan Macleod hail from Skye if I recall. Just like Scathach, and her Castle of Shadows.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Dunscaith_Castle.jpeg

JasmijnJasmijn4 months ago

And then you come up with a new character, Chulainn. With few words you make him a real person who the reader can identify with. Amazing writing, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGortmundy@Gortmundy
The Tattooed Woman - 16 March: Chapter 1 of Tattooed Woman edited (again), rewritten and now on site. Changes in this version are based on constructive criticism I received. So, lets see what you think. Part 42 being written, in the offing and coming soon. Dramatis Perso...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES