All Comments on 'The Tattooed Woman Pt. 37'

by Gortmundy

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Bluesea00Bluesea007 months ago

Great adventure. even short deliveris breaking the tempo.

I plan to reread the whole tale once finished. Just a good finale is needed now.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

great as usual cant wait for the rest

eodeoeodeo7 months ago

An amazing story, so glad i stumbled onto it, thanks for sharing it with us.

WilyRodentWilyRodent7 months ago

Oh, that's a baaad idea.

For multiple reasons. I mean, there is the obvious, pissing off the captain...

But even beyond that: the queen or someone in a similar position summoned all the houses to gather for war, they are indeed on the march already, and those shit stains see it fit to abduct a soldier of another unit?

The houses have been called for war and at such a time someone has to act as a guarantor for peace between the cooperating parties. That someone usually being the one who issued the call to arms. In other words, touching the soldier of another unit in this situation is the same as spitting in the face of a person with enough influence to call the houses to war in the first place. It's foolish for a single house, standing on its own, to vex someone like that.

Now granted, as things stand, if house Varro were to protest, given Muriah is a daughter of house Fel, the verdict would probably be for house Fel to pay for the value of Muriah to house Varro, and maybe a fine to the council or whatever.

But Ash will probably take action immediately and if this issue gets big enough to delay or outright derail the expedition, the higher ups will definitely side with the side that has earned greater achievements during the march. Politicians are nothing if not opportunistic creatures after all. The decision who to side with will be made even easier by the fact that Ash is also in the right on this one.

To put it into simple terms, Azure might actually do a huge favor to house Fel if she frees Muriah quietly... because if this becomes a bigger issue, house Fel might just cease to exist.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice mix of Povs. Very nice trickery in who was who and who was facing various dragons. Yet another excellent cliffhanger to leave us on. Consider adding a page or more on the battle in the north next posting. I think that needs an update. The Other Dave

Southpaw1430Southpaw14307 months ago

I love a good trap. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A most tangled web was woven, with deceptions a plenty and many a foe cloven.

Just fucking brilliant!

Im sure the finale will be a thing of wonder, but I, for one, am in no hurry for you to write it.

I have re,re,re-read this wonderful epic and will yet again, im sure.

Thank you most sincerely for allowing us to come along on this delightful journey.

Tygre137

FrankllamaFrankllama7 months ago

Already using the list of characters. Thanks for the chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Few to none know that various parts of House Varro are now backed by dragons and similar fateful creatures. Bad tidings to those that challenge or piss off the company or house. I am sure that they can find big bad challenges to get into, but some of the other houses will be surprised that they bit off far more than they expected.

That said, please don’t confuse your readers with what is going on or who is who. You can let them on a bit more with what is going on so you don’t lose people.

AeralitoAeralito7 months ago

I am going to be so sad if this story ever ends. The characters are delightfully written, the story twists and turns. Please keep writing. If you publish, I will buy it all

pk2curiouspk2curious7 months ago

Oh to be as wise as Anonymous . NOT . Lol . We are following delightfully . GR8 chapter . Thank you .

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew7 months ago

It was truly delightful to see the three ambushes played out! While i correctly guessed it was the Morrigan at Shalidar's place, I was woefully off base on the other two. Well done Gortmundy!

The Big Bad Evil Guy is going to be a bit chuffed when he finds he has lost 8 more dragons, as well as not accomplishing any of his 3 goals. This is his first big setback since he returned, and he will now have to question who the players are that are lining up against him. Just when he thought he had it all figured out...

I suspect WilyRodent is onto something regarding the taking of Muriah and the potential outcomes.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew7 months ago

One more thing. Garrow being a comedian is funny, but I think i preferred her when she was more curmudgeonly.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent chapter, as always. Each day I eagerly search for new chapters published to continue this amazing story. Many thanks for your efforts and keep up the outstanding writing!

CDreynCDreyn7 months ago

eagerly awaiting more! Hurry!! I need my story fix

KrittaKritta7 months ago

Well damn, I seem to have caught up. Excellent work. The story is wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Amazing writing! I have binged read all the way up to the current chapter and I’m waiting for more! I have a question: Chulainn, the man with the spear in the pub, who is he again? His name is familiar but I can’t recall who he is.

GortmundyGortmundy6 months agoAuthor

Anon: I stole and used a lot of mythic figures from Irish, Celtic, Norse and Scottish tales.

Cú Chulainn is one such figure. He is a mythic hero and warrior from Irish, Scots and Manx folklore, having been taught the way of the spear by Scathach, a mysterious woman (some folks say a Scottish version of the Morrigan) who lived in her Fortress of Shadows on the Isle of Skye. She was called "The Shadow" and "Warrior Maid" and she gifted him with a legendary silver spear, which is a reason he is sometimers called "Chulainn of the Silver Arm". Lots of fun stories up hereabouts in Scotland and Ireland.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca6 months ago

Damn! Woe is me! I’ve binged for three days, I’m addicted as hell, and now I have to wait for the next chapter. What a simply amazing bit of writing,

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Terrific story, only slightly let down by grammar and punctuation errors.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow I will definitely be looking more into his story! Thanks for the info! I was meaning more like “Have we met this guy before in this story and I’ve just forgotten his name, or is that the first time we are introduced to him”. Sorry for my confusing wording!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Anxiously awaiting the next chapter...........

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Dude, you cannot leave it like that and go work on another piece. Yes its good. And I've now read it twice, just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

BoatWrightBoatWright6 months ago

It is rare to find a story this rich in characters and their back stories. Their journeys have slowy woven together, creating a tapestry of briliant color.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The waiting is killing me......

GortmundyGortmundy6 months agoAuthor

Im back to work. Next chapter in pipeline.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well done looking forward to seeing more

GortmundyGortmundy5 months agoAuthor

Currently finishing off chapter 38. Looks like its a bit longer than usual, definitely already longer than this chapter. Hopefully this is a good thing. Its Monday, so I think it should be ready for submission by say... Thursday?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Please hurry along with the next chapter! Im anxiously waiting!

billdaviesbilldavies3 months ago

I will need another 30 episodes of this epic tale at least.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGortmundy@Gortmundy
The Tattooed Woman - 16 March: Chapter 1 of Tattooed Woman edited (again), rewritten and now on site. Changes in this version are based on constructive criticism I received. So, lets see what you think. Part 42 being written, in the offing and coming soon. Dramatis Perso...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES