All Comments on 'The Teacher's Husband'

by offkilter123

Sort by:
  • 344 Comments (Page 3)
GardenshedGardenshed8 months ago

Nice story,, well written. Can’t fix stupid and Kate falls right into that category. Thanks for writing

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson8 months ago

Much better than the sequel that was written by another author today.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Interesting the really bad followup, of this great balanced tale:

https://www.literotica.com/s/the-teachers-husband-kates-story

trying to make the wife a poor saint and the husband the one to blame for all her whoring; tale ended with a very low readers rating. Maybe, the original author could add a realistic and coherent second part, to conclude this tale.

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

sbrooks103x, whats a maga, is that a part of nitpick central!

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

sbrooks, about gender identity, there is only boys and girls. I'm sorry if people were raised to think otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

To last Anon- Thank you for stopping me from reading the sequel. This story was 5 stars, I don’t need some cuck, watered down version!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Curious question, If he got a Vasectomy 5 years ago, who knocked up his new wife?

SplitGeode66SplitGeode668 months ago

Well-written as usual, but over the top on BTB. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Excellent story! The BS sequel written by some hack pales in cpmparison. So, read the sequel if you need a good laugh.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow, reading some comments, i have to laugh at the morons still bleeding politics into every facet of their miserable lives.

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

I sympathize completely with the MC and support his decision, HOWEVER it seems obvious that his wife has a mental problem, and I hate to see her abandoned to it by those who loved her.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Awesome read. The anon who thought the BTB was too high? It was her 2nd time cheating! She was a needy,greedy,spoiled woman. He didn't burn her enough. I am going to read your first story, "Counseling". You are a very talented writer. Please add to your story list.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another well written story but the ending is like the Road Runner going off a cliff without the long fall down to the ground. Keep up the writing; add more meat to your endings. Lots of loose ends that could have been tied up. What happened with Pete's dad? Did kids ever reconcile with Kate's parents, etc.

Mfj

knoxhardknoxhard8 months ago

Just a note to clear up possible confusion seen in another comment. I didn't say that the MC should stay married because of his wife's mental issues.

Two points: 1) I find it implausible that he and his daughters would drive off in the RV and leave her on her knees having a breakdown. Especially the daughters. I might buy the possibility of a husband with an explosive temper becoming apoplectic with rage and furious enough to do it, but not the young teenage girls. They just aren't going to leave mommy in that kind of distress. Kids that age (or any age) rarely pick sides even when one parent is clearly at fault. They surely aren't going to abandon her when she's a complete mess.

2) When his mentally unbalanced ex-wife, having already attempted suicide before, shows up at his door in a clearly delusional state, he's a total asshole if he shuts the door in her face knowing it could trigger her committing suicide. No matter how emotionally satisfying he might find some payback, he doesn't do that to his daughters. Or frankly himself. Or his new wife who might well find it pretty disturbing.

Helping a crazy ex-wife with suicidal tendencies get some help when she shows up at the door a long time after the divorce is not the same as staying married. It's just basic compassion for someone who desperately needs help.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I gave it a 3. Would've been a 4 if not for all the filler that felt out of place and did nothing for the story. Also, I'm guessing you gave the other author permission to do a follow up on this story...bad idea. It's one of the worst things I've read on Lit.

RePhilRePhil8 months ago

Wow what a perfect last sentence! I would wager it might be the best closer ever in LW. Even better than the line “Divorcee or Widower, your choice dearest wife”

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

I enjoyed the story. Only a few issues.... why in the name of all that is holy would anyone, but especially his own mother, blame him for not wanting to reconcile? Especially when she was still seeing the other guy .. And fucking him. That's just nuts. I guess there are crazy people out there so it could happen, and this is after all just a story not a documentary, but... geeze.

Also... how'd he have another kid? Thought he had a vasectomy

And... how'd the ex find him, and find him without realizing he was remarried?

And.... why in all these stories does everyone delete the voicemail and texts that likely clearly give evidence of the affair rather than at least saving them in case they're useful in the divorce?

All in all an engaging story. Would be interesting to get follow up on the rest of the family though.

While the ending was emotionally satisfying to our baser urges, practically it was a wicked thing to do knowing she's tried to commit suicide in the past. Lady is nuts...get her help instead of making a snide comment and closing the door. A call to the parents to talk to her or come out to pick her up because she's at your door acting like reconciliation is possible would have been easy. It doesn't take much, not saying pay for her treatment or bring her in your home necessarily.

Sad story given they grew up together from babies though. I will say I didn't feel the emotional trauma from the guy given that history. Maybe mashed see since he already went through it the first time. Still enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ok I am working on this..what is erotic about this?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Tragic, but weird. Empathetially, I feel as burnt-out as Lahaina. But does 'Hope Float'?

Lucky thing his new wife is a litigator, instead of bipolar alley-gator. His ex-wife should do 'occupational therapy' by writing the 'great American novel', using her personal experiences. Peace.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a betrayal. Toxic. Understand how the husband is just done, this being strike two and way more egregious. But shutting the door on her like that at the end, likely puts her back in the psych ward or has her finish the job she started. Agree with previous commenter. She is clearly mentally unstable and was since miscarriage and then breast cancer. Then tried to commit suicide. MC did nothing wrong and Understand his divorcing her, irrevocably. But talking to her instead of shutting the door is not same as taking her back.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Sorry what now? What sort of weirdo freak uses a suitcase when they're going by RV. Is this a strange American perversion?? Or do these people not quite grasp that an RV is a home on wheels?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I read another equally stupid story on here that used cancer as a reason for cheating and another one that used having a miscarriage. The problem with the former is that it does make one reassess one's life. That reassessment rarely if ever results in a cheating wife that still loves their husband, but does often result in moving on and divorce. Likewise having a miscarriage can leave you emotionally weak and open to manipulation but it really relies upon having an emotionally closed partner that is unwilling or incapable of providing that support.

The upshot for both of these events is that they are not the cause of cheating or divorce but are pivot points that shine a light on an already inadequate and unfulfilling marriage.

This constant refrain from LW authors that want the reader to believe that women are irrational, hateful and crazy unfathomable creatures who always want to have their cake and eat it simply doesn't match the reality of most divorces. Men are cheated upon by women that don't love them and are looking for a way out to a better life, rarely are women involved in long term affairs just for sex.

Kate's response throughout is someone that is having severe mental issues. She's clearly unwell, and the fact that this MI has manifested itself in an affair, is more about her being taken advantage of. The way the MC casts her aside is both brutal and quite telling of the kind of person he really is. No 'in sickness and health' for him in his so called sacred vows.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Absolutely incredible how little the death of a lifelong relationship affected him. Not saying he's a sociopathic narcissist or autistic even, just saying that normal people can't help but feel an immense loss from that ... and then there's the loss of the mother and in-laws. That extended family group is described as being very close, stiflingly close even, you don't escape that without lasting trauma.

It's almost as if the writer forgot it or just decided to disregarded the reality they'd created.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well laid out and easy to fallow and thank you for having a ending. Keep writing the other Writer stink or at least most of them here do lol

captpatrickcaptpatrick8 months ago

No idea why so many stories have the MC cutting off all communications with the WW and also with anyone who might talk to the WW. Provides some dramatic revelations, but it is just silly that the daughters and MC would not talk to any parents or the WW for five weeks.

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

There is a whole lot about this scenario that is just stupid crazy. Someone commented that they couldn’t understand how he could easily cut people out of his life. I can tell you from experience that it’s a no brainer. People who exhibit narcissistic behaviour CANNOT be reasoned with, and given the chance, they will seek you out and demean you until you doubt yourself, or worse. They will intentionally set out to destroy you through psychological abuse. It’s simple self-preservation. You have to exercise self-care by establishing your boundaries, and then enforce them. Yes, it seems mercenary, but there are times when it’s your best option. You can’t let the title of “family” keep you in a place that is no good for you. I can say this with confidence, because those same “family” members will stomp over you and anything else that disagrees with them, or calls them on their shlt. Life is tough. You need to handle your own crazy, and leave people to handle theirs. You can’t fix them.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

I found this hard to read, it was full of facts but they didn’t do anything for me, the best bit was the last paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

rblock66 is dead right and captpatrick is niave. Well done

VanescaVanesca7 months ago

I have to report that your so-called scholarly treatise will never pass peer review. Legally and morally, bourbon cannot be prepared anywhere on the planet except Bourbon County, Kentucky for the same reason that champagne cannot be made anywhere except in Champagne, France. You can import the ingredients and the still from Kentucky; but you cannot make it in any physical location except Bourbon County, Kentucky. You can make whiskey anywhere --- in the other 119 counties of Kentucky, in Texas, in Tennessee, or the Moon; but it will not be Bourbon.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I agree with the other commenter that Kate was a narcissist. But I can’t believe the husband wouldn’t have been aware of the attitude his mother had. If anything, if should have become apparent the first time Kate cheated on him. Last but not least, he should have sued the school district they worked for, for breaking up his marriage. But at the end of the day, he got the bitch out if his life. Although a post nup would have been great to have had, after the first time she cheated. As the late George Carlin once said” Are women born crazy, and some just hold it together better than others, or do they become crazy?” That is the question..... 5 stars.

usaretusaret7 months ago

What an ending.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow. Talk about fuckin up yer life. Trading down, or trading off the cliff. An Enron life move.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story, as is. And to @anonymous below complaining that peter “didn’t sue the school district, trynot to get your law education from LV. It will just make you more ignorant than you already are. As I continue to respond harshly to this particular LV trope, there is no claim in any Anglo-American jurisdiction by an aggrieved souse against the cheating spouse’s employer. There just isn’t. I know the lug nuts that drool all over this website think they can just wish it into legal existence, but they can’t anymore than they stop living in grandma’s basement. Get this through your heads knuckleheads. YOU CAN’T SUE the EMPLOYER. Actually you can sue, you just won’t win. Got it? dummies.

TailakaTailaka7 months ago

Good solid story. Seemed grounded in reality and yet had a happily ever after for Peter. 100% believe in Peter's ambivalence and his not actively trying scorched earth.

AstordatairAstordatair6 months ago

Very, very good story! Cancer is a champ for fucking a person's mind. Comtemplating one's own death at a young age (and with young kids) is a huge game changer, and not always for the best. Kate desperately needed help, and neither Pete nor the four parents were clever enough to see this. But in the end, I think Kate's and Pete's major failing was to let their parents take up so much space in their life. Both mothers should have been put in their place a long time ago.

patilliepatillie6 months ago

Good story, kinda paint by the numbers but what is new in this category. I dont think the MC is a hard ass, he acted reasonably the whole way throughout, didnt take any crap, and got the best revenge of living well. The wife is aother "got hit by the Martian slut ray" character, the explanation of touch of breast cancer is not enough for a high value woman to crater so completely.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I loved the end.

Someone I used to be married to then I closed the door.

Do you think his ex finally got the message???

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story! He should have handed her a bottle of sleeping pills before he coxed the door and said, "Practice makes perfect slut, try again!"

offkilter123offkilter1236 months agoAuthor

LOL, Angelrider was certainly triggered by this story. Reading her bio, it’s pretty obvious she has a lot of emotional issues. Hopefully, she can live a fulfilling life alone with her 15 cats. 🐱

Storm113Storm1136 months ago

I normally enjoy a good btb. Occasionally I even like a reconciliation if it's earned, the work and remorse both have to be strong. In this one, the way it's written, the husband is the asshole. It really seems to me that this woman has serious mental issues, not JUST a spoiled little princess. Based on that, the whole, for better or worse comes into play. So, maybe this is one where the husband should suck it up, acknowledge his wife is sick, and help her. To be honest I'm not sure I could do it. I'd probably go for divorce too.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5 Stars on a great Story . I truly enjoyed it and did not blame him one bit . My family stood behind me when i got divorced . In fact my ex stopped by My grandma's house to show her the 2 little kids she had . My grand Mother being the kind Lady she was called her a Slut and told her to get her Bastard kids off of her front porch . My ex called me blaming me for everything .Me I just laughed at her .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Outstanding! I have never said that about any story here. Realistic and entertaining,totally involving. You presented a husband that reacted correctly and stayed the course, never doubting his choices or decisions.The daughters never strayed from defending his 6. Refreshing to have an author that had been influenced in his life by men with integrity and honor....5+ stars..JZK

dgfergiedgfergie6 months ago

You know all the experts have determined we all a little bit crazy, although they don't use that word. Any other words they might use would too long or I would not understand them. Excellent story about wife who definitely had problems even though she had a PHD. Sometimes the smarter they are the more unbalanced they become. 5 stars

shadrachtshadracht6 months ago

Mixed feelings. Such batshit insanity. It ends on a happy note for the MC. It has some level of justice for those who did wrong or enabled. It should tick all the boxes, but somehow it just feels empty, without a smile at the end. Still, generally well written. 4*

DessertmanDessertman6 months ago

How did so many people missed the vasectomy reversal?

I think the wife suffered from a serious mental illness.

cyendreycyendrey6 months ago

Good well written, but for some reason seems unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Seemed pretty cold there at the end; she's obviously off her rocker. She earned, and deserved, every bit of pain in her life, but she needs mental help. I wouldn't leave a stranger in that condition. Maybe he should of invited her in, explained he had remarried, and called her parents to come get her.

.

5 stars, a very good story, very entertaining. Looking forward to many more.

Norseman123Norseman1236 months ago

Top story 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I found this story good at the begging but then it got infuriating silly. At the end I would feel great resentment towards Kate. That said knowing she had mental health issues he should have asked her to wait at the door then spoke to Elizabet. I bet Elizabet would have said to ask her in and asked her what she wanted. Then explained they were married. Kate may be delusional but I would not want a suicide on my shoulders.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great resentment towards Kate? I wonder why lol. Kate can fuck off the cunt cheated for 9 months and got engaged our faithful husband owes the bitch nothing.

Chimo1961Chimo19615 months ago

She never figured out what she did wrong. Princess gonna be dancing alone at the ball

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hate stories like this. I gave it a 4 but at the end I felt sorry for Kate. She obviously had mental problems and I don't like the idea of kicking a mentally ill person when they're down even if she deserved it. Just my opinion.

MbgdallasMbgdallas5 months ago

This story scores 3 stars for me. It had a lot of great elements but so much was just wrong. I have a lot of agreement with gamblinluck and his comments. This story could have been so much more. Loved the detail about the drive and Wichita Falls. That is what completes a story. But the miss is that we didn’t get the details as to the why and the cheating. Need those details for a complete story.

And why for goodness sake does everyone turn off their phones, delete the texts, and not listen to the VMs. Not going to happen. Going to take it in to let it drive the anger. And teenage girls turning off their phone. Hahahahaha.

And to close. This story really fell apart when it was mentioned that the kids were going to UT Austin and that that is where the MC and his wife went. That just confirms how batshit crazy they all are and what a bunch of spoiled brats they are. 2nd worst school in the country. Friends… don’t ever let anyone you consider a friend go to UT Austin. Even their school colors are shit orange.

MbgdallasMbgdallas5 months ago

I do like this authors works. Hopefully he will give us much more. The biggest issues with his stories are the holes left but that would take a book… or several… to fill in. Not something for literotica. But the holes are there precisely because the author is good enough to give us complexity in the stories.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The commentor below me is a cuck. Being a spoiled brat isn't a mental illness. She destroyed her marriage because she was spoiled. She became mentally ill when the consequences hit her. Good story mate, there's NEVER an excuse for cheating. There's soo many malleable, weak men out there that make excuses for women it's ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

“Ramblin’ cuck” wrote a sequel to this story, and it sucked beyond belief. I had to come back and read the original, to get the sequel out of my mind. Some stories are like fine, aged wine. The sequel in this case, turned to vinegar! 5 stars.

Wavedave45Wavedave455 months ago

Great story. Only thing I would have liked to see is that whole weird relationship between his mother and in-law expanded upon. It leaves people wondering since she picked the in laws over supporting her son and even her marriage. All she needed to do was tone it down a little to appease her family but she just said fuck that and whole hog team in laws. Makes you wonder what the fuck was really going on.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why didn't he sue the school or for alienation of affection? The mc mother siding with the cheating ex is very strange and it makes me wonder what the relationship is with his inlaws. Then why would the parents allo her affair partner to stay with her? That makes no sense at all. Why didn't the mc call the police and have the affair partner arrested for threats and file a restraining order on him? There are many unanswered questions that leaves too many plot holes issues with this story. It rally could have been better.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good one. Killer last line. Five stars well earned.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

how did mbgdallas not understand the mental issues going on ?? how much more reason than the miscarriage and severe depression did she need the first time she cheated ?? not an excuse but it is what it is . people do stupid unexpected things all the time .

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

“She took a whole bottle of sleeping pills and lay down in the bathtub”

Bitch can’t even kill herself correctly. If she’s attempting to atone for her sins, that requires the shedding of blood.

ZK

justbobkcjustbobkc5 months ago

5 stars. I also had discovered the surviving infidelity web sites previously. My 1st wife was also pretty crazy. Some kinds of crazy just can't be fixed.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

MC’s fault. He forgave her when she cheated the first time.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Only 3 stars for him reconciling after the first cheating without getting a post-nuptial agreement.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Those opening paragraphs were a brutal way to find out your wife is cheating

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Can't say that the writing was bad, but the story was just insanely implausible.

Totally understand the first reconciliation, she was suffering from a MI, but the failure to get her properly treated is all on him.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker5 months ago

Well you Did give her a chance... And she still hung herself.. So.. thks 4 the story.. hope you hang around... 👋👋👍👍👍💯💯💯🙋😁🤷🤷😉🍕🍕🍺🍺🥂🍷🍾🍹

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

his biggest mistake was forgiving her the first time. When you forgive someone for doing something like this, it gives them the idea that you're okay with it. It's mental gymnastics to be sure, but still, never forgive a cheater unless there are PURE extenuating circumstances.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright4 months ago

His being married at the end and her not knowing ruined the whole story. Like her kids wouldn't have say something, some how it would've made its way back to the ex-wife. Him not talking to her at the hospital, then just slamming the door in her face when she showed up proves that he is just a really small man. A man would go a talk to his ex-wife and try to get her to get the help she needed so she would be there for her kids and possible grandkids down the round. When she showed up at his door a man would have been the bigger person and welcomed her in and introduced his new wife and his new life. The best way to get back at an ex is to have a life better then when you were with them. Instead of showing her how he is better without her then with her, she'll go away thinking he's still the little asshole he was the day he loaded up in the RV and ran from his problems.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I think the comments show a lot of reasons why the things

happened in the story. People in a lot of cases have completely lost all sense of what society rules are and try to justify their own

response to what they feel is right in this crazy woke world of today. Everyone has rights but take no responsibility for their own actions which starts it all in the first place. An old saying my parents taught me you cant have your cake and eat it too if you pissed on it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I think a paragraph got out of order on you. Damm that cut and paste... Trying to go to work for Harvard or something?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hi O K 5 star effort nice tale had all the elements nearly covered. Would have liked for you to spend more details on the vacation trip (lot of history in Texas). Lastly to the reviewers don't you know (bitchs be crazy).

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Alright, all wrong

You don't know what a "real" man would do till you've walked a mile in his shoes as they say. What she put him through over long periods of time repeatedly killed his ability to be the bigger man or show her any kindness. People who have mental illnesses like hers can not be encouraged at all. Zero tolerance.

4bk554bk554 months ago

Five ⭐️ stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

My EX, I discovered much later was looking for security, She was nothing like this story wife's mental problem. My EX experienced her Mom and Dad's divorce - their fighting etc etc - She was near 10 years of age at the time. At age 19 when we meet (I was 20 In Military) she had two boyfriends which she hid from me and which she keep through most of OUR marriage.

DAMN, WAS I A LUCKY SOB, - SHE ASK FOR DIVORCE AND SETTLED FOR LESS THAN 50% ASSETS. Those assets were recovered in two years from better work performance - promotions.

I feel men and women have hormone factories in their body which play cruel tricks on their perception of things in their life unexpectedly, (each one is still responsible for their actions)

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar4 months ago

Very well written, although the premise is more than a bit over the top. Still, it's a 5* effort.

LAJ23LAJ234 months ago

Another great story. Thank you.

jkthekatjkthekat4 months ago

very entertaining!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yeah, he lived happily ever after, as usual, everyone else gets burned at the last minute. Surely you can close with a little fodder from the story continuing as some type of reality. Why can't there be a story about the long road to reconciliation with lots of hiccups and something for each of the couple. The guy always wins and gets the perfect second wife and gets to shame his ex right to the end. Same old, same old.

Omart57Omart574 months ago

Absolutely Loved this Story! Some people forget the Story part of the equation. Thank you for writing!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A very good tale Full Marks 5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent, BUT...

Like too many authors, the end was short, and a failed attempt to be clever.

The thing I took from the story -

Mental illness is a serious problem! Too often it is not recognised and the result is destroyed lives.

I was counseling woman and with the agreement and help of the husband we tried to get her into the local public hospital mental health centre. They dropped the ball and she proceeded to attempt to murder a waitress she believed was trying to steal her husband. The investigating detective told me the police were constantly frustrated by the failure of the public mental health system.

Though not explicitly the author has highlighted the problem.

Hopefully stories like his will help people be more aware of the problem and address it when it is in their personal ivies and by electing legislators that will address the problem.

The Hoary Cleric

avidreader123avidreader1234 months ago

Very good story. I had two issues. First, what does the marrying habits of ancestors from 200 years ago have to do with Elizabet's feelings on marrying an older man? In that time period, a man often married a woman much younger. It was common for a man to establish his income and potential to support a family before marrying. Most of the males in my ancestry were 15 to 20 years older, and it doesn't impact how I feel about marriage. Second, he left the mother of his children, a woman he had loved most of his life, who has a history of attempted suicide, and closed the door in her face? He didn't invite her inside like an adult, explain reality, and call his daughters to come get her? And a college educated woman had no clue of the possibility of him moving on? It was a solid story until page 4.

I loved how you explained the triangle of victomhood and some of the other psychological issues. And working in Pauline French was great. :) Keep up the great writing!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Jeebus, some of these commenters. SMMFH! First, what *you* would do is irrelevant, the question at hand is what the character as written would do. If the author starts a character one way and arbitrarily moves another that's one thing, but if the character's remains that's it, all done.

Second, did no one else read the part about them having grown up together as each other's best, first, and only. Try to imagine the depth of that betrayal. I can't, and I'm thankful for that. You want him to reconcile and make nice with someone capable of that? How could he ever possibly trust her again, he'd already almost lost it over her first 'adventure'. Not punishing her and going along with tge divorce was plenty nice enough.

Only thing I take a teeny tiny bit of exception to is that having almost literally almost spent their entire lives together his not noticing whatever was going on with her in the run-up to her 'adventures' seems a little off.

Good story, well written, thanks author, keep writing.

☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great writing. Really sad story about hard (but correct) choices Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

miscarriage and cancer jeez she must be quite loony at this point. guess these ppl dont believe in shrinks lol. those 2 things without counseling after the fact is pretty much a time bomb waiting to blow. i gotta say a lot of this is on the hubby for not getting her some mental help

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

lol they were surprised the bomb went off. gotta say u wrote the typical redneck texan very well.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well written. Can appreciate author's creativity and ability.

Sad though in that while MC's reactions are understandable, it seems more than likely the wife wasn't just spoiled and a cheater, but mentality ill (given repeated bouts of severe depression, isolating and a serious suicide attempt; then disconnected from reality appearing at Peter's doorstep at the end) I know it doesn't satisfy the revenge crowd, where it's always all the woman's fault no matter what, but would like to have seen husband honor his vow to her (a lifelong friend, companion and then wife & mother of their children) ... for better or worse ... and at least be connected enough to help her get the mental health treatment she obviously needs.

AmbivalenceAmbivalence4 months ago

"Hello, my name is Kate. I had a miscarriage, shut out my family, and was well on my way to being unfaithful to my husband when I got caught. The man 'empathized' with me (and apparently wanted to fuck me)."

I then had breast cancer, shut out my family, and *was* unfaithful to my husband. The man 'empathized' with me (and apparently hoped to profit off of me)."

I'm somehow surprised that my (ex-)husband wants nothing more to do with me (EVER)."

crazymike45crazymike454 months ago

All fault on the bitch. Husband had no choice. Divorce. After that her problems were hers and new husband.

ttjbjr54ttjbjr544 months ago

Good story. Easy read. 5 stars

ttjbjr54ttjbjr544 months ago

Good story. Easy read. 5 Stars. Wife should have seen a psychiatrist or a family therapist. Not the responsibility of the MC but her family

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

How such a deluded bitch ever got a PHD is beyond any compare.

Oh wait given the woke BS in academia today it is most likely a requirement. Most normal people see this and take their masters and move on to the real world.

Need advice on something from an expert find a masters recipient with real world experience, Never take a PhD’s advice without backup from someone with knowledge.

TheMTOneTheMTOne3 months ago

I don't imagine the aftermath went all that well considering what went before. The fallout would be huge. Not so much for MC but I imagine it hits the family harder.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailor3 months ago

Well, anonymous 5 days ago. . . Did you hear about the man who went to see a psychologist? On the shrink's door was a sign that said, "John G Davis, BS, PhD." When they started the interview the new client asked what all those letters meant. Dr. Davis smiled and replied: "Well, everybody knows what BS is. PhD just means Piled Higher & Deeper." OffKilter: Pretty well-written story. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The story was well written but the plot is so hypocritical for the MC. He acted like he gave away so much at the divuoce settlement when in fact he hid the new parent just to make him the winner. His actions all through out the story is that of shrewd conniving SOB. He had been wronged but he inturn wrong ten times over. Him and his daughters. His is as big if not bigger an asshole as dipshit. Luckily the character Elizabet, the replacement was introduced towaqrds the end of the story otherwise he would truly be a hypocrite. 3 stars for a well written story.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler3 months ago

Well written on an unsettling subject and 5 stars was an easy choice. Thamks

goodwabgoodwab3 months ago

5* I'm glad I found your work.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Deeply satisfying. 5 stars.

Bill S.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroffkilter123@offkilter123
I write over the top fiction. I also poke fun at both sides of the (American) political spectrum but I admit I do poke harder at the far right because I do enjoy a good meltdown. Some of my stories are BTB and some are reconciliation/redemption (not RAAC) stories. I like bot...

story TAGS