All Comments on 'The Teacher's Husband'

by offkilter123

Sort by:
  • 345 Comments (Page 4)
OlefishermanOlefisherman3 months ago

Life is cruel I know from my own personal experiences, from losing a granddaughter, my career, and my health. Though the woman was a dunce and out of touch with the real world she had two daughters that should not have let her reach a point where her ex was married and she ends up on his doorstep. He closes the door in her face and she turns and walks to the curb, stops and steps into the path of a on comming car and is killed.

She ended her life and changed forever the life of driver of car that killed her. Her former husband began to question himself and his business began to suffer and fail as did his marriage and his relationship with his daughters. He became withdrawn from his new family and never really bonded with his newborn son. He was divorced six months after his son birth.

BeBopper99BeBopper993 months ago

5**** one of the best stories I have read on Lit. Ignore the cucky wimpy trolls. Write on!

GrandEagle53GrandEagle533 months ago

5 stars. However, several times names were mixed up. Don Franks suddenly becomes Frank and Elizabet becomes Emily?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. Talk about blowing up a good life. Wow. Just wow. Do people really do that? For nothing? Wow. Just wow.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Really @olefisherman? Really? There’s so much that’s obviously wrong with that narrative I don’t even know where to begin.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

One thing you didn't mentiion in your internet search for advice is that the epople you talk to that have been through a cheating wife scenario whether they immediatly divorce or reconcile or attempt to reconcile.

The vast majority advise you to cut it off to have the rest odds of life contentment by a wide margin. Cut it cleanly the first time because the pain is worse short term but much better than the continued pain and legal entanglements will make it long term.

The feeling of being a chump the second time is apparently mentally and emotionally crippling far more than the first time.

MorbidromanticMorbidromantic3 months ago

Is worth saving a marriage with a wife you don't trust because when she has problems turns into a lying cheater? Why save a marriage that turns the husband into a controlling husband because he thinks his wife is likely to cheat on him again? Why be married to such a big liar? Examples: "I have stopped seeing him" when she actually has been with him every single day and has had sex with him that same day. "He has asked me to marry him but I told him no" but then tells her husband that she will give the ring back if her husband keeps married to her. Why did she have a ring if she told no? It's lie after lie...

And the husband's mother? Is she having an affair with Kate's parents? Or is it more than that? I think that the author should have explained why the husband's mother was betraying her family.

Elias1Elias13 months ago

This was a good story....I like this writer....

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Many thanks for the many chuckles the story gave me including the Tijuana donkey show. Learn something every day. Five hypernovas.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I agree with my comment a couple months ago. Still five stars. Well developed and written. And as a said, a killer last line.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Interesting, funny story about a man whose wife responds poorly to difficult events in her life, making the overall outcome of those events much more tragic.

Needs more sex

Anyway, as to the end, and shutting the door in Ex-Wifey's face: MC has no idea how stable, sane, or peaceful {or perhaps dangerous) Ex-Wifey is at this moment. Offering to get together in some public place, or in a lawyer's office, would be a good middle ground for closure, and shutting down a reconciliation, specifically, here.

Keeping her out of his current house, and away from his current, pregnant wife, is not unreasonable. It's not like he has a metal detector around his front door.

Good read

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Many thanks for the great story. He gave Kate a chance and she blew it.. now shes just somebody that he use to know 'somebody' he use to know 'somebody' used to know 'somebody'.

James G 5James G 53 months ago

Well done

Of course he should have dumped her the first time

LOL at people who're mad at him for protecting his business

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

FUCKIN A RIGHT!!!

More like this PLEASE!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

OK, it's not badly written. Just a little absurd. The infantilisation of Kate is just plain silly.

PhD holders can be off the wall, self centred and selfish but generally not like Kate. More importantly is the elephant in the room, Kate had clearly been suffering from an undiagnosed mental disorder ever since having the miscarriage.

But I guess as it's set in Texas such things are not recognised. Hard to distinguish crazy when everyone is crazy.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I really enjoyed it. And while some of it seemed a little off the wall, some of it was on the nose. I used to live about 14 miles up the road (next town on I-44/287) from Wichita Falls, and worked there (on the SE part of town). He's right, as there's not a lot going on there, and miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles, like Oklahoma is. Seems that the further you get from Dallas-Fort Worth, the more scattered things are. And other than Sheppard AFB, there's really not a lot there.

I think the wife's first break down led her down the road to believing that she could do whatever she wanted (his dad got it right with she needed to finish growing up) as she was thought of as a princess who could do no wrong, and her husband bought it hook line and sinker, as she reeled him back in (instead of getting a divorce at that time), and things just returned to normal. Like was said in the story, he taught her a better way to cheat, leaving no traces until they were confronted by dipshit. I liked the way he blew up her fake reconciliation at the counselors office, by asking her when she last had sex with dipshit (that morning). Being engaged to him (dipshit) while still being married, is a big fuck up, not a mistake. Getting caught was an even bigger fuck up, as it put her in a mental ward. I truly enjoyed the story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

@Olefisherman, you have clearly become too jaded to live. Please deal with that via the most expeditious means at hand. We'll pretend to miss you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

what was the "big bang theory " quote? oh yeah-"bitches be crazy". good yarn. Opinion on the elites of this country holding the PhD as if having one made you infallible, unaccountable, irresistible, omniscient, it does none of those things. It does however, make holders of the "Piled hier and Deeper" degrees arrogant, entitled, bereft of common sense, lost in ones own bs press releases, and almost always wrong about whatever they posit, dictate or bloviate about. Its no wonder if you look at the leadership of this failing country, that the people to blame are the owners of degrees hier than ba/bs degrees. rk

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour2 months ago

The ending was classic! A well written story.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

IF these stories were even remotely true. I would think that a physiological evaluation and background check should be required of both parties and their immediate families before a marriage license is issued.

Captain_KarmaCaptain_Karmaabout 2 months ago

Another great work. I particularly liked the observation that no one likes to be the villain in their own story. This is ao, so true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Fantastic story!! if you're cutting someone off, dot it completely, i'm glad he didn't fall for that suicide bullshit and his family's manipulation

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I mean look at it from her point of view. She was a lot more ready to commit than most women.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story and what an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

On page three. Forgive the lack of accent marks in the following:

Fiance is a male who is engaged

Fiancee is a female who is engaged

Try to remember that.

JPB NOT BOB

DonHenleyDonHenleyabout 1 month ago

FUCK!!! This is one of the best cheating wives stories I have ever read. Thank you.

prato1992prato1992about 1 month ago

cerró suavemente la puerta con su ex esposa dentro o fuera de la casa?🤔

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I can overlook a few inaccuracies, an anachronism or two, and maybe an outright faux pas, but when there is more HOLE than story, it leaks credibility like a soup sandwich. The awful overwriting, the blathering data dump, and the illogical reactions to common issues made it impossible to enjoy. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

JPB not bob is a perfect example of worthless bellyaching. You obviously can read the story your complaints are simply nit picking (yes, JUST like nitpic). If you folks write a couple of your own stories perhaps you will be worth listening too! In the mean time do what I will do, thank offkilter123 for his tale and move on. I notice you never bothered to do that. Try to remember that.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

What an incredibly cruel and unnecessary ending.

The ex is portrayed as a mentally unstable simpleton, who may have some kind of personality disorder. Yet is capable of the mental rigor required to achieve a PhD. The story would have worked better if she'd studied art history at uni and had been a primary school teacher or sahm.

Also, the idea that he could make patents that improve upon but are not based upon older patents is unlikely, and something his competitors would have been working on for the life of the previous patents and would perhaps gotten there first, if they were that valuable.

Got to laugh at the bitter anon suffering from an obvious inferiority complex that describes a PhD as "piled hier (sic) and deeper" as if having a comprehensive indepth knowledge of a subject was a bad thing, lol.

ImshakenImshaken25 days ago

Enjoyed the story! 5 Stars.

dgfergiedgfergie24 days ago

A second reading and still good. I suppose she went off to try suicided again. The ex definitely has problems 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

WELL DONE!

WendyTheRedWendyTheRed19 days ago

As bad as what Kate did is I think this story ignores something quite troubling. The only explanation for Kate's behavior is some kind of psychotic break and likely deep, deep depression. I think what Kate did was awful and I totally understand the MC wanting out of the marriage.

On the other hand, she likely should have been checked into a mental health facility and gotten a psych eval. The author seems to be aware of her issues because of the suicide attempt which was not framed as an attention getter but as an actual real attempt to kill herself.

Sadly, her parents and his mother are enablers of the worst sort and should Kate ever kill herself (something I think is likely after the end of the story) it's on them. Kate needs professional help and she needs it fast. She's not fit to be a wife or a mother but it's because she clearly has mental illness and not because she is a bad person.

someoneothersomeoneother16 days ago

I commented initially about 8 months ago, but, for some reason, re-read the story. Wife had an affair after a miscarriage, and then again after being diagnosed with breast cancer, In meantime, our hero husband forced Kate to leave her college teaching position to teach high school. I can see a pretty good possibility that wife is in a mentally unstable state, as well as that husband is a real asshole. I also cannot see the two twin daughters so quickly taking dad's side against their mother. Life does not work that way.

AngelRiderAngelRider15 days ago

You developed Kate into a woman with deep emotional problems and obvious low self esteem. Yet, you basically gleefully "burned" her while ignoring all of the enabling from her parents and mother in law.

Honestly, this is more suggestive of the author more than anything else. And oh yes, I can hear it now, it's just a story.

That's rarely true. The author always shows up in his or her own work.

I know it's going to happen sooner or later but anyone who comes at me with gender bullshit or pronouns can get fucked.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

The late George Carlin once said something like this- “ Are women born crazy, and some can just hold it together better, or do they become crazy at some point in their lives?” Women are hard wired into their DNA to mate with someone who is physically a “10”, but also has the most resources. In today’s world, evolution is sort of turned upside down, because the men with the most resources are often NOT the ones who are physically impressive. This causes women to marry or date one man, then cheat on him with another. The acceptance of this in society, and divorce that heavily is stilted in favor of the woman, has destroyed marriage. Baby boomers were the last generation to go “ all in” on marriage. One of the benefits was accumulation of wealth. Today, marriage is a luxury that will be like college, or home ownership, or even retirement eventually. Only the rich will partake. The story was a solid 5.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

5 Stars on a good one from GW . Heck a friend of mine had a child at 50 years of age ,

ThmfknloreThmfknlore6 days ago

The tag line was in form of a question does a wives engagement end there marriage that was honestly a dumb question to ask not only did she get engaged and have an affair with another man she lies and says he is abusive to her and her daughters yeah that marriage was most definitely over it should have been the first time she cheated depression doesn't cause someone to cheat people who are truly depressed won't even wanna be around people they wouldn't wanna get out of bed so using that as a reason is bullshit and only used by those who have no clue what depression really is as far as him going to see his ex after she tried to kill herself he allowed his daughters to manipulate him to do so but honestly on that part I don't blame him for a father would do anything for his kids him cutting ties with his mother I agree with for she betrayed her own son something no real mom would do and yes there's a difference between a mom and a mother just like there is a difference between a father and a dad anyone can be father it takes a man to be a dad the same is said for a mom and a mother

ThmfknloreThmfknlore6 days ago

To the anon that posted 6 days ago your a idiot that is the furthest thing from the truth if I ever saw it

ThmfknloreThmfknlore6 days ago

To those who keep talking about depression being the issue for the ex wife you are all fucking idiots depression doesn't cause her actions she wasn't fucking depressed she used it as a damn clutch but it was not the cause of it anyone with common sense knows that if she was truly depressed she would just lay around in bed all day she wouldn't eat correctly or do anything else much less get involved with anyone her actions are simple she was used to getting everything she wanted with no consequences thx to her parents and mother in law she's nothing but a spoiled cheating slut who tries to use depression as a excuse and a clutch

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

5 stars

Kate's betrayal of her husband and kids is shockingly egregious, but she is actually presented as a rater tragic character. She is obviously very mentally ill. Maybe it was genetic, or developed in some unknown way, and was always there to some degree then exasperated by her miscarriage; or it was brought on by her miscarriage and without help continued to worsen. I agree the MC should definitely have divorced Kate, her betrayal was just too major, but imo he could have shown her a degree of mercy. Maybe after being so betrayed by a woman he loved for twenty years it hardened his heart to the point he wanted her to suffer the way her betrayal made him suffer. I do think she commits suicide at the end of this story after not just seeing her husband has moved on with another woman, but her complete dismissal as he shuts the door in her face.

Ken5877Ken58774 days ago

Very believable story , as I lived one very similar.

desecrationdesecration1 day ago

Congenital mental health problems like narcissism often take decades to develop.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroffkilter123@offkilter123
I write over the top fiction. I also poke fun at both sides of the (American) political spectrum but I admit I do poke harder at the far right because I do enjoy a good meltdown. Some of my stories are BTB and some are reconciliation/redemption (not RAAC) stories. I like bot...

story TAGS