All Comments on 'The Teacher's Husband'

by offkilter123

Sort by:
  • 337 Comments
AhboomAhboom8 months ago

Ehh just seems like a story written by an angry man who got cheated on to be read by other angry men

HargaHarga8 months ago

Just another hose monkey blowing up her life for no apparent reason. Mental-stability for sure and princess syndrome where her shit don't stink. Propped up by stupid relatives that should have minded there own business. I sort of blame the husband too because of past experience. Trust but verify. He knew the signs and did nothing about it until it was to late. Well written. 5*

Chuckles1966Chuckles19668 months ago

Oooh, that begs for a follow-up from the ex's perspective, overlapping and extending.

Maybe she'll eventually grow up.

HighpikeHighpike8 months ago

Pete had a vasectomy and wife 2 has a baby bump?

Jaydean409Jaydean4098 months ago

Good story!! I still want to see one of these where the beloved Dad starts banging his daughter!! With twin 18 year old daughters, on a month-long trip in an RV, he could fuck both of them!! Epic!!!!

114FSO114FSO8 months ago

Another Entitled Delusional Mental Cunt looking for the free ride. The law always sides with the cunt, as they think she is disadvantaged. She normally gets the kids, house, retirement, alimony, child support, Welfare, free medical, and the former dad has to pay for it all, added there is no responsibility or accountability for the damage as a result of her so called indiscretions. It was an Adulterous Affair, not an indiscretion. I call BULL SHIT. Women are taught from a young age that they are entitled, and don't need to be accountable for anything. They simply get on with their slutty ways after having the affair, then divorce, then they can fuck whom ever they choose. Then the young children see how their mom worked the system. The children get a PHD at a young age on how to work everything for their so called entitlement.

She Got What She DESERVED. plain and simple.

Thank you for posting this story. It shows just how descrimanitory the whole system is against men.

If I could give this story 10 stars, I would.

jflindersjflinders8 months ago

The general idea of the plot was fine but I had problems with some of the execution.

1. His new wife's baby bump after he's had a vasectomy requires an explanation. Presumably the explanation would be that he got the vasectomy successfully reversed but the way the story is written it appears more likely that the writer simply forgot the vasectomy by the time he wrote the 4th page. Otherwise there was no reason for there to be any mention of a vasectomy in the first place-it could have simply been left out of the story entirely.

2. I didn't like that he gave her the house. People on LW seems to be under the misconception that the wife always gets the house and the rest of the assets get split. Where the children are not living in the house there's no reason for the wife to get even temporary possession of the house. It should get sold or she could buy him out.

3. I also didn't much care for the rest of the financial finagling. Selling the company for pennies on the dollar was just biting off his nose to spite his face-it cost him money in the long run. There's no explanation until she discovers she has worthless patents that she didn't own 1/2 of all four patents which is what would normally be the case.

4. Peter's mother was so over the top ridiculous that it is hard to imagine how she ever stayed married as long as she did.

ibuguseribuguser8 months ago

Totally agree with jflinders' assessment of the story, especially points 3 and 4, but it was well written and so a 5* is given.

Moonbat74Moonbat748 months ago

Pretty good overall. Hopefully Kate will top herself after she finds out that her ex remarried. Overall the structure was there but it lacked a bit of emotion.

DreddrasDreddras8 months ago

The story was enjoyable but had some odd elements. Something weird behind the scenes with the two sets of parents, but it's never fully explored or explained. Why is his mom randomly such a piece of shit?

johntcookseyjohntcooksey8 months ago

No new ground, but so what? A well told drama, with a couple of comically deranged characters. An entertaining and enjoyably to read. Thanks.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight8 months ago

I liked the involvement of the grandparents and the way he discovered his wife was a cheat. The ex showing up at his door and him closing in her face seemed a bit cruel, going by her mental history. The fact that he had a pregnant wife and a vasectomy was concerning. The description of driving through parts of Texas did not enhance the story. I did enjoy the humor. This was a mixed bag. I will definitely read your stories.

francemanfranceman8 months ago

Very interesting story. 5⭐

Why if the guy divorces and walks away without BTB as is normal, it annoys the world.

This on the contrary seems quite normal.

When a contract, partnership, vow or promise is broken, it normally lapses.

You go on with your new life and decide on your future path.

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

Story was a bit interesting, but the ending was so cookie-cutter that it detracted from the entire story.

Also, author should know that the patent aspects make no sense. First, it is very hard to get patents issued in a matter of 18 months, and the inventor's name has to be on the patents. So, the concept of WH having patents issued and ex-wife not knowing about them is simply impossible.

RWessonRWesson8 months ago

Wait, new wife*s got a baby bump after his vasectomy 7 or so years earlier?

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months ago

That worked for me. There may be some loose ends, but the characters were good. Clearly, the ex has psychological issues that will be with her for a very long time. She's not too far from someone I used to know, so as over the top she seemed I could believe her.

demanderdemander8 months ago

She met adversity by becoming depressed and then lifting herself out by messing with other men. After that first time, he should have been on the lookout sooner. And, maybe he could have been somewhat more sympathetic. Still a good read. The RV trip with a car towed, etc, interested me. Seems like just taking your house on the road. D

Bargyn1Bargyn18 months ago

Interesting story!

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove8 months ago

Loved this right up to the parents taking over Kate’s care. She married the gold-digger. Is the responsible for her now? Do I have that wrong? That jarred me a bit out of what was up to that moment a really fun read. The end was a delicious slice of “life well lived” served up as a cold entree… thank you.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit8 months ago

I think there are more selfish entitled people like that than most people realize. They are raised to never deal with any sort of failure.

Freddog6601Freddog66018 months ago

Way too many holes in this story for it to be considered anything but average.

The ending was especially bad as a ridiculous cookie cutter rushed ending with an equally ridiculous vasectomy pregnancy.

The Style GuyThe Style Guy8 months ago

With each new story offkilter123 moves up the ranks of great LW writers. 5*

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere8 months ago

So, he screwed his employees just like his ex when he sold the business to them? And the ex wasn’t bright enough to figure out who owned PTK?

lerenardruselerenardruse8 months ago

Well it is straight back to nut house for Kate. Solid story.

phill1cphill1c8 months ago

wha....?

Another hysterical wife. btw, is this site supported by the RV industry?

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger8 months ago

Really good story and well-written, I look forward to reading the rest of your stories. Thank you. 5*

OOAAOOAA8 months ago

Great story!!! Well done! 5 stars from here ;)

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger8 months ago

Point of information, yes it was not specifically stated in the story BUT many vasectomies are reversible.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhino8 months ago

Whilst a vasectomy is usually reversible and we must assume that the main character had the procedure carried out, hence wife number two’s baby bump. Surely something like that would have been worthy of a mention at some point.

Would have liked to have more information on the wife’s fiancé, he played an integral part in the story but was just a shadowy figure, no substance to him at all.

Regguy69Regguy698 months ago

The wife's mental issues would have guaranteed him a life of misery had he stayed a second time. His mother's betrayal just added to the pain of his wife's betrayal. Glad Dad and his daughters were able to see the truth and not abandon him, as well.

A pretty well-told story. A bit too much Texas pride in the geography lesson, but I learned a lot about all the cheater's acronyms. Enjoyed this, thanks for sharing.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Couple of your plot gaps were a bit of a reach for me, but great writing. Just can’t buy him leaving her at the curb when the fiancé showed. I get leaving her but lots of financial loose ends to clean up and start the legal ball rolling immediately. Maybe a day delay, but not how the story went. Your Kate was seriously mentally ill the way you portrayed her, to the point I couldn’t buy his mom throwing him under the bus as described. Oh, the ending was exactly the same as another story recently posted. Not sure if it was your, but identical nonetheless. 4.6*

Texican1830Texican18308 months ago

It’s not often that I read a story I wish I’d written, but this one I do. Excellent tale.

JBird11JBird118 months ago

I liked it, great job. The fact his mother basically disowned him, what a twisted mother. Thanks for sharing.

RePhilRePhil8 months ago

Ouch that’s a hell of an ending. Point Finale

DazzyDDazzyD8 months ago

!! A five, by any other name Wel lDONE!D

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly8 months ago

Ending, was great!

MormonJackMormonJack8 months ago

Wow... one would think that a woman intelligent enough to get a PhD would be beyond the inexplicable antics she carried out. BUT... that's what mental illness does. Maybe Kate is also a victim??? Still, thank goodness there was no reconciliation

Awesome story. Well done. Thank you for sharing your talents! 5 stars! I would give you 6 stars, if I could, for working JPB's Pauline French into the story.

lover1953lover19538 months ago

5 Stars from me. Excellent story. ]

tonyneatotonyneato8 months ago

Perfect ending !!! 5 *****

FireFox59FireFox598 months ago

Another good one. Kate was seriously mentally ill.

knoxhardknoxhard8 months ago

I had a lot of problems with this story. First, his crazy wife is still the mother of his girls and that should have been in his mind throughout the story. He knew she had a history of depression. The girls also knew she had a history of depression. Driving off and leaving her on her knees, no matter how pissed off he is, is not believable. Especially for the daughters. Again, they would likely be angry, but they aren't going to be so pissed that they'd drive off leaving their mom a mess.

We never get a chance to understand the wife. We get zero explanation of how the wife is 9 months into an affair and engaged. The 'villain of her story' explanation only deals with her lies. The story never touches the meat of the issues.

Also, she's smart enough to get a doctorate and smart enough to cheat perfectly, but the rest of the story we have a woman who can't even function. She went from having some issues with depression in the past to being fine and then, he leaves, and she is a total basket case. The reader could get whiplash.

The story just doesn't give us enough to help us understand the relationship with his mother or his parents' marriage or even the in-laws. When people behave in ways that are far beyond our expectations, we need some way to suspend our disbelief. We know that people can behave in strange and bizarre ways, but the absolute disdain and anger for her own son and husband just defies understanding. Make it make sense.

Finally, the fact that his ex-wife is nuts doesn't justify being cruel to the mother of his daughters. The scene at the end may satisfy a figurative bloodlust, but she is very clearly bonkers. He just comes off looking like an asshole.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat8 months ago

Outstanding!!! 5*

Karn9Karn98 months ago

Great outstanding story, good dialogue and story telling, just the right length as not to overwhelm the reader. 5*+

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It would have been much better had the wife not been brain dead.

TexScotTexScot8 months ago

Good one and the journey through N Texas brought back a lot of memories. Grew up in Bowie then TCU.

Harryin VAHarryin VA8 months ago

What we have here is a very strong man who does not give in. In order to appreciate the story you have to look at how the typical love and wife story takes place. And we all know what typically happens in a loving wife story or the wife cheats. All sorts of pressure is brought to bear on the husband to excuse or accept or reconcile with the wife. Or the husband starts off being filled with rage and then slowly begins to backpack over time.

.

In this instance the husband simply will not accept her second or perhaps more attempt to cheat. Even worse is that the wife lied about the reasons for her cheating lie to her husband lied to her kids and lied to her new potential boyfriend husband. Even the new boyfriend husband realized that the wife was not telling the truth. Finally by having the emphasis placed on the fact that this is is not her first time at cheating the husband's actions look far more reasonable.

bobareenobobareeno8 months ago

Excellent effort. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That was entertaining. Liked the "nod" to JPB. But I don't think I would have "gently" closed the door in my bat-shit-crazy ex-wife's face!

WargamerWargamer8 months ago

Great story, even better ending.

Scores 5/5 and we’ll deserved too.

oldguy1oldguy18 months ago

Ehh just seems like a story written by an angry man who got cheated on to be read by other angry men said by Ahboom and I totally agree with him

deependerdeepender8 months ago

Some extreme personalities to be sure, but not implausible. Especially considering that the setting is in Texas. A good story. Thank you.

PolpolpPolpolp8 months ago

A really good story, thx

servant111servant1118 months ago

Nice one good read loved all he direct Texas references.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Who's baby was aborted? What excuse did she have for cheating either time? Why was his mother such a fool? A lot of questions to be answered so we'll look for another story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Highbrow if you mention ‘femdom agitprop’ just once more, I swear I ll have you hunted down and forced to watch chic lit movies for a month.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is the most childish unrealistic story Ive ever read in this section. It is so improbably stupid. Noone in this story acts normal.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Poor pathetic ending…spoilt the story totally! So many disjointed parts…vasectomy ? Cancer?? Just seem to dissolve itself without any real explanations!!

U wrote when high on weed???

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Love this story! Find it strange they would still go on vacation right after the blowup, but oh well. Also, a line that the husband reversed getting snipped would have helped explain wife two's baby bump.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle8 months ago

The author wrote Kate be as awful as possible, doing everything wrong and becoming completely unhinged. Why would she be so insistent on staying married if she had zero intention to be faithful.

And why call her lover a dipshit? He was a man in love with a woman whom he believed to be victim of an abusive husband ? He was lied to for almost a year.

Throughout this whole story, you wrote Kate to be intelligent but crazy and there was no explanation for any of it.

And honestly, I hate stories where the husband gets a younger, hotter woman, a better job and is highly successful. A divorce rocks a man’s world for years and the financial/emotional cost is the reason many single women won’t date a recently divorced or separated man because he’s a fucking wreck.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Some background details don't work that way.... wait?! a crossover with JPB? Dang Pauline gets around.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story, ending a bit abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You've just been told that American Revolution hero Marquis de Lafayette was French (along with half the men and weapons that helped kick the Brits off continent).

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Brilliant final burn.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

When she ran out of branches, she made an honest effort to win him back. But he's already remarried. The first affair it was him doing all the work to get them to reconcile. She resented him for it. I bet she doesn't resent him now. I bet she wishes he was her warden now. But that's a lot if work for a lot of nothing. Cheating cheapens the cheater. She should have been crawling on broken glass the second affair. Offered him hall passes and post nuptials. Quit her job and dumped her fiance. But she played the victim and her only real solution was to down sleeping pills like she's a tragic princess about to be married off.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Terrible

amygdalaamygdala8 months ago

Damm the ending was epic ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Haha... the author read the phrase "just someone I used to be married to" and fell in love with it

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There are a few problems, as others have pointed out, so the author (or at least the story) earns his site username with this one. Frankly, the ex-wife also deserves a lengthy stay at a (distinctly UN-PC) funny farm.

But, I still enjoyed it, so the story earns my 4-stars.

(Incidentally, the foreword outperforms to the tune of 5-stars.)

offkilter123offkilter1238 months agoAuthor

Some justified criticism. There are definitely some errors in this story that I need to fix. I will pull this one and resubmit.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Lafayette, a hero of the American Revolution was born in France, so go fuck yourself, period!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"Kate did not want to take a chance on another pregnancy. She requested I get a vasectomy and I did."

-

From 5* to 1*. Why in almost all of the LW tales, is the husband that get sterilized ? Nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

While I do wish it was directly mentioned, vasectomies CAN BE REVERSED! Yes, the success rate is not great, but it can happen. Why is everyone so caught up on this?

I have some sympathy for the wife as she seems to have mental health issues, but I can also understand why he walked away.

And finally, his mother was atrocious! To literally choose her enabling best friend and cheating daughter-in-law over her husband, son and grandchildren! Horrible!

I would be interested to see a part 2 if the author ever so chooses. Thank you for this either way. :)

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good stuff. 5 stars. Looking for more, please keep writing! Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I'm amused at the number of people who don't realize that vasectomy reversals are fairly common and have a 90-95% success rate.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Flipin heck. That was full of nonsense that did not help the story in anyway, at most its only a 2 page story!!!

nixroxnixrox8 months ago

1 star - way too many holes in this plot.

The slut wife should have been committed permanently to the psycho ward, the instant the new ASSHOLE showed up saying they were engaged. Even their twins were totally on board with dad and that should have been the end of the story.

As far as the road trip went - that was boring and really detracted from the story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

On page two. Just a comment. A fiancee is a female. A fiance is a male. Common error. Ignore the lack of accent marks. Back to the story.

JOB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Too many inconsistencies spoiled what could have been a good story. You shouldn't talk about shit you know nothing about. I laughed at the patent mistake and absolutely roared when I read the baby bump after having had a vasectomy. It went from a 4 to a 2 in a damned quick hurry. Too bad, so sad, you should have stayed on your whiskey tour.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The story had a few bumps (not including the "baby bump") but still merited four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

@someoneother, ownership of new parents is irrelevant, because the parents were not derivative of the old ones.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

About like all the other btb same ending way to much pulp in the fiction

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Decent story, seemed a little lacking in emotion from the betrayal. Also, seems more of a statement about mental health than more infidelity ... the wife wasn't just a spoiled and entitled brat, but clearly she was very ill. The parents, Mom in particular, were a stretch in credibility, but that's fiction of course..... still in all I enjoyed it. 4 stars.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer8 months ago

An enjoyable read, as long as some of the legal details are ignored. I'm sure also that many/most Schools have HR policies regarding adulterous affairs. But I don't want to be too pedantic. His ex-wife's family, plus his own mother, situation was very convoluted and makes me also wonder about our hero's own mental abilities. Just naieve or terminal stupidity? Anyway, good luck for future stories. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A beating for dipshit and this would have been about perfect. Thinking back through the story, I also just recognize there is no gratuitous sex. Thanks for that. I will be looking for the rest of your work hoping to see more of this type.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nice story, Great writer! Thanks for the diversion.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A novella about nothing but drama. Kept waiting for some action.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"Don't throw us away!" - She's been in a relationship for NINE months, has led her lover to believe that her husband is abusive, then asks her husband to not "throw us away?"

~~~

"I'll tell him it can't happen again. We can be friends but we can't do that again." - Whether she tell her husband or not she CAN'T be friends with the guy.

~~~

"He had provided a sympathetic shoulder for her to cry on" - Funny how they can't/won't talk to their husbands, but will talk to a pussy hound.

~~~

"The idea of surgically removing her breast sent Kate into a depressive tailspin that she was almost unable to come out of." - But they're NOT removing her breast, just doing a lumpectomy.

~~~

"If she was hiding a burner phone at school, it was beyond my resources to locate it." - She doesn't even need a phone if a potential partner is at the school.

~~~

"If you promise to stay married to me I'll tell him I can't marry him. I'll give back the ring." - That's backasswards.If you want to stay married, you get rid of the other man.

~~~

"This morning," - LOL, she "couldn't remember" fucking him that morning?

~~~

"This was during her wedding reception." - This was a fake attempt. If she really wanted to do it, she wouldn't do it at a time when people would be looking for her/

~~~

@Highpike, good point about the vasectomy!

~~~

@jtflinders - Agree again abut the vasectomy. While a vasectomy is less invasive, if the woman doesn't want to get pregnant, then she should probably get her tubes tied. She likely still won't want kids even with a second marriage, while the husband might.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu8 months ago

Good story.

The wife Kate was a progressive bat-shit crazy.

If hubby MC reconciled with Kate, I bet she will do far more worse than cheat again....

Thanks for the story offkilter123.

silentsoundsilentsound8 months ago

Pretty good story. Kate seems to need ongoing mental health care.

BlueDruBlueDru8 months ago

Seems lie a sequel that is from Kate's perspective is in order. There can be a lot more about why the mom is so hostile towards her son and the dynamic between the two families as well as her fall into the abyss, twice.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

“I also deleted her texts and voicemails. “. I’ll never understand why so many authors have their characters do this. Information is power. Even in crazy rants, important and valuable info or clues can be voiced. It was just not believable that Pete and his daughters declined to listen to what their family was saying while continuing to have a vacation for a week 😎

.

This was a good story, and well paced and written. There were 2 large holes in it, however: first, no real explanation or exposition for why Pete’s Mom was such a bitch to him. Second, not enough direct interaction between Pete and Kate. Yeah, it was obvious that Kate went nuts. But it just seemed strange that Pete didn’t seem to pick up on it early enough to make a difference.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another snoozer from a bitter man, terrified of not being able to keep a woman. I wonder, what makes so many men display their insecurity on an EROTICA website? Do you think people looking to get off want to read about your fears your wife will find a better dick? Jesus. We come here for porn. I'm sure there's some men's rights forum you can post this garbage at.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A great yarn, the ending was rather abrupt, rather like Wile E Coyote running out of road and off a cliff but somehow that enhanced it's comedy value.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Would have given you a 5, but deducted due to your failure to disclose that this was a promo written by the state of texas tourism office.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So her parents were Don & Emily. When did he change his name to Frank?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A four that would have been a five except for his cruelty in not seeing his ex-wife after her suicide attempt. Her remorse, however tardy, was genuine. That didn’t require reconciliation, but his refusal to see her was unfeeling—and the author apparently does not see that.

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

teaching a gender identity class?

There are boys and girls, NOT hard to tell the difference!

I quit reading there. 1*

discreetonediscreetone8 months ago

Having lived in Wichita Falls most of my life, I can't say it's the best, and yes, it is a black hole that tends to suck people back here. I don't think it's quite near as bad as you make it sound, though I laughed pretty good and hard at that paragraph.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroffkilter123@offkilter123
I write over the top fiction. I also poke fun at both sides of the (American) political spectrum but I admit I do poke harder at the far right because I do enjoy a good meltdown. Some of my stories are BTB and some are reconciliation/redemption (not RAAC) stories. I like bot...

story TAGS