The Tennis Star Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cindy was sitting at the counter grinning wickedly over a cup of java. "Good morning. Sleep well?" Her voice dripped with innuendo, but that was OK. I could dish it out, too.

"Eventually, yeah. Someone was making a racket next door."

"Oh yeah, that was us." Mitch raised a spatula over her head in triumph before going back to the sausages in her pan. I broke out in laughter, especially watching Cindy turn red.

"So, breakfast?" I sat down while Iryna went to the coffee pot. Just then the waffle iron chirped, and Mitch pulled out a golden brown piece of deliciousness before pouring on some more batter.

"Why's everybody embarrassed? So I made my wife's head spin last night. It's what I do." Mitch turned to Iryna while pointing toward me with the spatula. "So how'd the newbie do?"

Cindy and I shouted her name at the same time, but Iryna just laughed as she finished pouring two cups of coffee. "She did very well." She added a scoop of sugar to one and stirred while handing it to me. "She always does." I stared down at the swirling black liquid, hiding my own blush. Iryna sat next to me and kissed me on the cheek.

"That's good. Always tell my girls they have to represent."

"You have children?"

Cindy laughed. "No, she's a teacher and assistant tennis coach at the High School."

"Really, you teach?"

Mitch pulled another waffle off and plated it, sliding it in front of Iryna. "Yep. PE. No classrooms for me. My goal is to be the biggest lesbian cliché in Florida. You should see my closet. Wall to wall flannel."

"Honey that isn't true."

I raised my cup. "That's right, she owns hoodies and white button down shirts, too."

Everyone laughed. The waffles, made from scratch, were amazing, served with a local peach butter.

"You are the cook in the family then, yes?"

Mitch swallowed a bite of her sausage. "Cindy helps, but yeah. My mom taught me."

"I learned from my mother as well."

I squeezed Iryna's knee. "Uh-huh, Iryna made a Ukrainian feast for me on Friday. It was something else. So good."

Mitch nodded. "Yeah, I think I was eleven the last time I let my parents put me in a dress. After I told them I didn't like any of that stuff mom was pretty disappointed. There was some real distance between us. I avoided her because she wanted me to do that stuff, and it kinda made me feel guilty about not being girly, y'know? I don't think she was trying to, but... Anyway, I remember my dad pulling me aside about it. Asked me to find some common ground with her, to give her her daughter back, y'know? So I let her teach me to cook. And I enjoyed it."

Cindy smiled. "Yeah, the holiday dinners those two can turn out'll make you cry. I just show up and eat. It's awesome."

"This is women's work, like in Ukraine?"

I shook my head. "Not necessarily. My dad's the cook in my family. He calls it his creative outlet. You'll have to come to Thanksgiving dinner. You'll see."

"Thanksgiving. This is in November, yes? I will not be able to, moya lyuba. I must be in Europe then." Her voice softened with regret, but the words stabbed me through anyway. "But maybe someday, I hope." I smiled. It was all I could do.

The rest of Sunday passed. We stayed through the Buccaneers game. Mitch was a fan, although not quite at the intensity of Georgia football. She and Iryna really did enjoyed themselves, with my love being given a lesson on the differences between college and pro ball. On the drive back Iryna fell asleep in the front seat. It'd been a wonderful two days, but as I watched her rest, all of my insecurities seemed to rear their ugly heads. Part of it was me PMS'ing, since I was due on tomorrow. But I was also hyper aware of the expiration date on our relationship. Last night's realization of how I felt just poured salt in the wound. Six weeks left. Should I end this, before it got worse? Did I even have the strength to do that?

Iryna shifted in her seat, and reached out and took my hand. No. Six weeks was a long time, and I hadn't been kidding last weekend. I'd take what time I could get. After all, a month and a half is a long time. Who knows what could happen?