All Comments on 'The Thorns Upon the Roses Ch. 04'

by SarahSal

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think a lot of thought has gone into this part and it's well written, but this story is all over the place. The MC, who is as dumb as a rock, is finally told of the crazy shit coming to him, then finds the girl he's with is a guy and has a huge dick and he freaks out, then he ends up sucking his dick and taking it up the ass. It absolutely makes no sense. In my humble opinion, the more he fights it, the more interesting the story. He can still get to where the writer wants him, but remember he was kidnapped, is being held captive and they're wanting to change his life, physically and mentally. No normal guy would fall into line without pushing back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

*spoilers* Please read it first

I've seen a lot of criticisms of how the story is playing out in terms of "Jessica's" willingness in the situation. I just wanted to say that I genuinely like how the story is progressing. I know a lot of people want to complain that it's unrealistic for the main character to be as calm and willing as (s)he is, but we're also assuming a LOT about the main character to get to that conclusion. The MC is basically a loner who has been shown to have very little to no contact with his family and friends, no real workplace connections, and no serious real-world commitments. We've also heard about a questioning of sexuality at college. Given all of these things, it's not difficult to see how (s)he might, in some small part, enjoy having a clean room, free access to food, clothing, friendship, etc. with the added bonus of possible payment and the freedom to explore her sexuality. Yes, of course, the kidnapping/threat of violence IS going to cause some serious concerns, but what options are there, really?

Also, what one person might consider an unlikely/unrealistic sequence of events, could actually be an insight into the character's or author's secret desires. Reading this as a trans woman, I've noticed certain things that strike me as odd if we view this character as male. He had a name picked out on day one, the way he organized his new clothes, the basic knowledge of makeup, his sarcasm and willingness to participate in these sex acts whereas most men would be more reluctant, etc. For a trans woman, however, this makes the character more relatable.

Long story short, everyone is going to have an opinion. I personally love the story so far, appreciate the characters, and quite frankly thought the sex scene was incredible. As a trans woman, the character's actions are more in line with what I would personally have done (more willingly) than what men would likely do... but then again this whole scientific study is about challenging perceptions, so maybe our MC is a bit of an anomaly in their own right.

darthnader19darthnader19over 1 year ago

It's been brilliant so far can't wait to see how it develops further. Turning Into one of my fav stories on here keep it up

Also ignore the Anonymous comments, write the story you want to write. please don't change anything to appease morons who comment anonymously.

Shy1oShy1oover 1 year ago

I hope this continues 🙏

ArtickArtick5 months ago

Wow, what a beautiful scene. Loved it and think I'm definitely hooked now. ;)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous