All Comments on 'The Thunderbolt'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 331 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Pretty sweet story, Hooked.

I had to chuckle at the "if you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it was yours. If not, it never was." I've got a different one: If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, it means no one liked them. Set them free again. Nice job, Randi.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 5 years ago
Missed an opportunity

since Charles was fucking almost any married woman he could get his dick into, seems to me something (or somebody) would have done a lot more damage to him than just a broken arm. Time for his nuts to be crushed...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

Well done story. Thanks for the many good ones I’ve read from you.

nitrotroutnitrotroutover 5 years ago
Well done

Keep writing, liked the story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story - but I have questions.

Why would the Harris's invite Traci and Charles back the next year considering what had happened? What happened to Charles's lawsuit? What happened to the other two marriages? What happened to Charles and Wendy? How could Wendy be as stupid as Traci when she KNEW for a fact what a player Charles was? Why didn't the men get together and "invite" Charles to leave town? Are any woman as stupid as Traci and Wendy? Inquiring minds want to know. Well played, entertaining story.

4 stars

imatrojanmanimatrojanmanover 5 years ago
??

Good story, 4+ stars, well written with one exception. How did the accountant from page 1 become an engineer in the epilogue?

muncher354muncher354over 5 years ago
Bizarro world

Strange story. Characters didnt seem to act human. Meh. 3/5.

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 5 years ago
Wife Zapped by Savoir Froggie Lightning ⚡ Bolt & Marriage Goes Askew & Akimbo

Good idea , hooky intro, but the shallow characterisations of Traci and Charles made this a high floor/ low ceiling story . Dialogue is predictable as drop 💧, drop 💧, drop of faucet with frayed washer. .

Bottom Line(s) : Story was paced quite well in some respects but reader can't really feel loss or tension if marauding lothario is generic , obvious and banal in his passion plays and hitherto now faithful wife is almost immediately is zapped by dreaded Martian Slut ray very early in story.

The narrator needed to work thru 7 stages of loss, walk thru fire in some form or fashion before arriving at concluding happy place.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 5 years ago
Gave it a 4

Would've been a 5, but you gave us a lot of interesting stuff at the end and then moved on from it without telling us what happened.

What happened with the lawsuit?

What happened to Scott and Wendy? You said Sharl and Wendy moved into an apartment and that was it? So much interesting story lines at the end and then you moved on from it.

Enjoyed the story.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 5 years ago
Also forgot

That a-ha moment and that thunderbolt line

"And like a true thunderbolt, it had its moment of brilliance before disappearing."

was wicked awesome.

0zed0zedover 5 years ago
Most Excellent!

The best revenge is a life well lived, and all that stuff! Great story with a happy ending.

cap5356cap5356over 5 years ago
great story

loved the story as it shows how u can trust someone even though everything tells u different. he gave her the room she wanted and she just took it and ran with it. like the saying goes give a person enough rope and they will hang themselves. when she met up with him at that restaurant with her son she was looking for a way back with him but didnt realize he had moved on and she had made her choice. still cant figure out why she thought he would wait for her to make a decision to stay with him or with Charles. that should have been a no brainier not to many men would wait until she had her fill of the affair. Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Thanks for sharing, I like your stories and I think they would benefit with more Character development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Deja Vu

I've read this or something very similar somewhere before. Still a good story of blind lust.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Charles ruined at least three marriages. The husbands should have removed him... permanently.

I had to laugh at Traci whining about the husband not fighting for her. She betrayed him in a heartbeat and ran off for a fuckathon with a sleazy asshole. When the whore slithered back into the house and smugly admitted to what she'd done, she nuked the marriage, there was never any coming back from that. Besides, why would he even want to fight to keep her? If he was going to fuck a whore, he might as well pay for a tight 20 year old, not a saggy 47 year old.

Traci crawling back to him in an attempt to get back together with her husband was amusing too. She's saddled with the douchebag's bastard now and she actually expected her husband to want her back? The bitch was insane!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One Star

Didn't like it. Can't abide someone that can't forgive another for being human. We all make rash decisions at times. As if our hero never made any mistakes! I believe in both forgiveness and not throwing away 25 years for one indiscretion. And any story that appeals to the rigid standards of the Morality Police is not going to get more than one star from me. Also, the statement about oral sex in the 1960's and 1970's is wrong in my experience. It was not unusual at all. Quite common in fact. There nothing tastier in my opinion than some sweet pussy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wives in This Story Seem Too Irrational

Seems weird that all the wives in this story go crazy over this guy, especially Wendy. Wendy knew Charles was a cheating scumbag but she still fell for him? Perhaps she was wanting to cheat and just decided to go with him, but you made it sound like he seduced her. Women aren't that stupid or easy. Most who know the guy will see past his charisma and be far less susceptible to it once they know the kind of person he is.

Again, unless Wendy was looking to cheat I don't think she'd easily fall for his line of bullshit as she knows him way to well.

SKHPSKHPover 5 years ago
5* - despite...

...the biased digs at Europeans and especially Frenchs. But I don't want to reciprokate.

The story was well-told and had the right pace.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago

I'd say that it's unrealistic for a group of housewives who know each other to all be such vapid ignorant sluts, but I've seen it more than once in real life. This guy ever being invited back to one of those parties does seem a bit of a stretch though. Worms like him usually get a "go away" party from the fellas from my experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Anonymous one star

It wasn't about one indiscretion, he mentioned that if it was a one-time deal he could have forgiven. But she fucked him all night she didn't come home till noon, then she's nonchalantly, when he mentioned something about divorce, she says let's hold off on that and see how it goes, are you kidding me Anonymous one star, you try to hit on my wife you're done, just saying, in the literal form, that's real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
re: one star

Did your dumbass read the story. One small discretion, are you fucking stupid. She came home and told her husband she's in love with another man. After having sex with him all night and the next morning. And you call that one discretion. She didn't do anything to earn his forgiveness. Instead she made it worse and moved in with a guy. And to top it off she had his baby at the age of 48. So she needs to be forgiven in your eyes after being married to a man for 25 years, then dumping him like trash. Stick to the Cuckold pages you know. My problem is why would I give her a ride to the hospital, Why would I give a damn about what happened to Tracy. The thing that gets me is, she even has the nerve to blame the divorce on him. Why would any man fight for a whore. I feel sorry for the kid, He has a whore for mom and a slut for dad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sad story

Unlike others, I think he did the right thing. Would it ever really happen, I doubt it. However, she was human and sometimes humans make very bad decisions. Just a shame she didn't realise it much sooner.

Keep writing, I like your style.

enjayemenjayemover 5 years ago
Good tale

But I would liked to have seen Charles get a little comeuppance

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 5 years ago
@anon one star

Feel like you didn't read the story. It wasn't just "one indiscretion" it was a series of terrible decisions. She came home and still wanted to continue with Sharl. That wasn't just one mistake.

Sure our hero made mistakes like forgot to buy milk, maybe he forgot to wake up on time and take his daughter to school. Forgetting your married, lying to your spouse and going off and having sex all day and night and then coming home and telling your spouse you're not going to give it up and you want to keep them as a back up plan is hardly a mistake.

Seriously? Did you even read the story? Your feedback is one star.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 5 years ago
Five Stars

This is exactly the rewards that cheaters should get - lonely, destitute and pain. However Charles has definitely not suffered enough - he surely is racking up the karma points and it should have hit him squarely between the eyes.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@One Star

Why is he obligated to forgive her when she never asked for forgiveness? She didn't apologize or even admit to wrongdoing. It's not like he was holding a grudge. He was polite to her and her son. He just didn't want a relationship with someone that selfish. Who could blame him?

@Hooked

Good story, although it felt familiar. I enjoyed it. A little nitpick - first he was an accountant, then left his job "as an engineer" to start a business with his new wife.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
It's 2019 and we encourage writers!

This story had it all. There was a very good, faithful husband, as well as a faithful wife that met a guy at a party and left her husband the same day even though she had no marital problems prior to running into Mr. Suave. We had a new younger woman, who I assume had bigger tits, and of course the cheating wife came to realize she had been married to the best guy in the world and gave him up. Toss in the disappointed daughter and we have a winner. This was all managed with a minimum of tension and angst. The husband was saddened and life went on. We had no attempts at clever revenge. We got the facts, nothing but the facts. Thanks for taking the effort to post a story for us readers and for not making the story all emotional or complicated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lost points for me

Because it was by the Numbers. Accountant who has a death grip. Wife who not only cheats but chooses to get pregnant for her dream lover. The standard “a-ha” moment during the very bizarre dinner.

Killed my erection.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
I was wrong

I was about to say that no-one could possibly be as delusional as the wife in this story, and then I read the comment "One Star" by our Anonymous friend. How wrong I was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thunderbolt, good story liked it, 4 stars, but how does one go from accountant to engineer just wondered

Proof read

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WHY DO BTB WIFES EXPECT DO OVERS AND TIME OUTS

and become indignant when it just doesn't happen, TK U MLJ LV NV

jasonnhjasonnhover 5 years ago

Pretty straight forward. Wife cheats and is NOT repentant in the least. Husband is clear minded and divorces her. Luckily there are no children anchors so husband is free to move on and goes so, correctly recognizing there is no relationship to pine over. The wife sacrificed and destroyed it on the altar of her lust.

Rinse and repeat. Charles, who cheated on his wife to get Traci, cheats on Traci. Traci left Greg for a cheap crackerjack prize and that's exactly what she was left with. It was a bit wimpy to let another man give Charles the thrashing he deserved. I agree with a previous comment; the neighborhood men should have arranged a special party for Charles.

The final confrontation with Traci was disappointing. Traci portrays the classic stupid woman, babbling about male ego and expecting that Greg should have hung around as a cuckold while Traci played out her affair with Charles. Traci, meanwhile is apparently immune to responsibility for her own actions. Greg should have somehow "saved her" from herself. In fact, he should save her after the fact and get back together with her. There was no creativity in this part of the story, just confirmation that she is a moron. The only saving grace was that Greg is rock solid in his certainty that he did the right thing.

Of course, after such a betrayal there are commentators talking about "forgiveness" for "being human". There really are stupid people out there so Traci being that dumb fits right in.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 5 years ago

Great story...nice the way he forgave her, but never took her back. She got what she deserved....a miserable life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To err is human, to forgive, is divine

The title comment came to mind... and it quickly came to mind that she did not err, rather made solid, if not stupid, choices. Human forgiveness, in this case would never work, what with the scars left the way she sliced him that morning. Of this I am certain, if she sought Divine forgiveness, with true repentance and remorse, it would have been granted. I am confident this story is more often true to life, than many of the others. My experience like this happened after engagement, but prior to marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
4 star?

Mainly because I am generous.

As others said, not enough plot development.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

Is "The Thunderbolt" another name for "The Martian Slut Ray?" How else to explain why a happily married, faithful wife of 25 years goes wrong?

If she's pregnant with Charles baby, why continue to drag out the divorce? Surely she doesn't expect him to take her back with another man's child? She calls HIM an asshole?

"I just couldn't get over the look of sadness in her once bright blue eyes" - Probably because Charles is cheating on her, and she really can't say anything, being a cheater herself.

Didn't Traci and Charles drive to the party, or do they still live in walking distance? If they did drive, why couldn't she drive herself?

I can't believe that she doesn't believe what happened with Charles and Marilyn. With a guy like that this CAN'T be the first time he's done something like that in the three years they've been together.

"He is rather handsome, dear, and very charming, I've got to tell you that," - What?! I wouldn't want to be in her shoes when they're alone! LOL, the last thing I thought of was that she was already cheating with him, knowing what he had done to her friends' marriage!

Forgetting for the moment how many times she fucked Charles that first night/morning, she made it QUITE clear that she had no intention of stopping, so what was there to fight for? MAYBE if she said that she was sorry, that she had been hit by the MSR, and it was over, that something could be done, but she didn't.

"So this is about your bruised male ego?" - Arghh! Not THIS again? As if it wasn't her female ego at being able to attract the handsome French guy that started all this?

She never thought about child support?

Whatever happened to Charles first marriage?

Randi, I love your version of the "let it go" saying.

@Anonymous Re: "Great story" - Regarding the lawsuit, I would suspect that Charles WOULD win, but with Greg's testimony about how this wasn't Charles' first time pulling this, that the award would be as low as possible. It looks like his affair with Wendy probably came to light before the case would have gotten to court, also.

@cap5356 - As I said earlier, despite his statement about maybe forgiving if it had been just once, but not after the entire night, I think there MIGHT have been a chance if she said that it was over with Charles, but not when she wanted Greg to be her back-up plan.

@Powersworder - Yeah, "If he really loved her, he would have fought for her," after she fought SO hard for it that she planned on CONTINUING to fuck Charles after admitting (as if she could deny it!) to her fuckathon.

@Anonymous Re: "One Star" - Are you luedon or dallas trolling? Nah, they'd use their ID's, but you CAN'T be serious! A "mistake" might have been her sneaking of to the back seat of Charles car for a quickie. A BIG "mistake" would be spending the night with him. Having an on-going, open affair, and expecting your husband to patiently wait to see "how this plays out" is FAR more than a "mistake"! Just to play along for a bit, let's say that he agrees to that and it does run its course and she comes back, and they're SOMEHOW able to reconcile. Wonderful! But, what if he puts his life on hold, waiting to see how it "plays out," and six months later she comes back and announces that she does want to stay with Charles. Where does that leave him? And, of course he can't be looking for someone else, because he's supposed to be waiting to see if she cones back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
4*s

Realistic and entertaining plot. Dialog was effective in expressing the character's feelings.

This is the second story about this subject. By different writers. Both start with the insane instant infatuation, but go in very directions. With very different protagonists.

Gave you 4*s Hooked1957.

Thank you for your work.

AMerryman

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago
loved it

cheater doesn t prosper

what else matters

our hero has a backbone self respect and the balls to get rid of the cheating bitch

to all you cucks swingers and hotwife lovers who will hate this story because she made a mistake and should be forgiven (sob sob) your divorce is a heartbeat away

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One wife overcome by unexplained lust I can accept in a story

Two is pushing it. Wendy also gets pregnant as well? A sypathetic character thrown under the narrative bus for no clear reason. Is the moral here "bitches be crazy" or something?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
REALLY!

The 'anonymous 1*comment siting the "Morality Police' has a problem in my humble opinion. If you see this PLEASE read the other comments(especially "Powersworder') and quit the silly attitude, you are not a good representative of human male(which you may not 'identify' with!) If my wife did this there would be a serious bonfire on my front lawn... c/w a froggy and his princess!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Five stars, if only for the wonderful "lust has the same letters as slut" line!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Continuity error

In chapter one he's an accountant at the end of chapter 3 he's in engineering.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 5 years ago
Okay read

A few too many holes in this story. It has possibilities but needs help. Is our hero an accountant or an engineer? Charles is a serial seducer of married women yet he’s still going through wives unscathed? The turd in the punch bowl keeps being invited back to a neighborhood party to separate more wives from their husbands?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Good, good story!

I liked it. I don't know of any real wife who runs off that fast, but it rang true. He let her create her own fate and took the high road. Great story well told!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow, I think this is the first story that implicates a Martian as a seducer!

Obviously Charles carries a portable Slut Ray gun in his pocket. I mean this guy is fucking every woman he wants, and makes them want his baby too.

Or maybe the author just thinks women are really that stupid, or he thinks women think and act just like men. Fortunately that's not true.

To want to fuck a man on first sight because he is gorgeous and charming, sure, a woman would think that. But to actually do it, almost never.

A woman has all the sex she wants with almost whoever she wants. They learn this from an early age. If a woman wants some strange cock she's going to get it when and where she won't get caught, unless she wants to get caught.

Despite the author and husband's protestations to the contrary, this was just another distant tepid weak marriage that failed when it was truly tested. Both the husband and wife demonstrate this throughout the story. The husband has an instinct that his wife is interested in this new man, and he doesn't bother to monitor and assess the situation? The wife just disappears with this stranger, fucks him for the night, then expects her husband will allow her to continue fucking this guy while she figures out what she wants? Then the wife is surprised when she is served with divorce papers after continuing to fuck this guy for months? Then she has the guys baby, but does not insist on getting married?

Sorry, the wife might have just become a slut, but she's been stupid since he married her, he just never bothered to find out. So he got what he married. And its obvious neither one really got to know and understand their spouse at a deep emotional and intellectual level. They both took way too much for granted, and both totally misunderstood who they were married to. If the wife had truly known and understood who she was married to, she would have known that when she fucked Charles she would soon be divorced. The way the wife returned from her fuck fest and glowed and crowed about it demonstrated not just a selfish entitled arrogance, but a level of cruelty and harshness that didn't just spring from the end of Charle's cock. She had these character traits all along, the husband just never got to know them, apparently.

So it wasn't a bad story, just a very contrived one. Sure, sometimes a wife cheats. But to have a whole neighborhood of women throw away their marriages for some charming French tongue and cock? Just because its fiction doesn't mean it doesn't have to be logical and believable.

But then I forget, this is science fiction. God I hate those Martians.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To the one star judge

The opposite of one star is 5 so I'm not being opposite when I give this a 4.8... and the opposite of your opinion is reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for keeping it real

One of the few authors who acknowledges that real men don’t sit back and take crap. They act and hold people accountable. Thanks for not going down the wimpy husband road

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hey Anonon

I wonder what you would say if your wife did that to you. Bold face cheated on you in front of you and all your friends, and was completely unapologetic. It was more than a simple indiscretion. It was complete disrespect, and selfishness. If you want to live with a person like that.... have fun.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Good story

Logical plot and the writing is well paced. Our culture is too much oriented around romantic love being like a virus when in reality it takes effort. I have seen what happened to this wife happen several times IRL.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 5 years ago
Hooked

I read the first part of your story and the numbers didn't add up. Then at the end you shot ten more years into the future.

I'm Allan Gregorson; everyone calls me Greg. I'm 50 years old and I live in a small Midwestern city about two hours from Chicago. That to me sounded like you were writing in the present not 13 years in the past.

Then when you started the story you wrote, '. I'm an accountant for a pretty big national firm'. But at the end of the story you wrote, 'We've got a few more years of working before we retire from the computer security firm we started together a few years ago. We've done quite well since I left the engineering field and she quit the police force to form the company'.

So was he an accountant or an engineer?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
great story

ignore the whimpering anon below, trying ever so hard to push his degenerate fetish on everyone here (despite literotica pumping out 5 pro-cuck stories a day to every 1 reality story) cucks have this weird insecurity to push their fetish on others, probably because nobody likes it and they feel alone.

the husband DID forgive her. He let her go. The anon below isn't just stupid, but categorically wrong. forgiveness isn't taking her and her lover's baby back. it's literally not seeking revenge. he never sought revenge. he divorced her, and got out of that toxic mess.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
@anon re one indiscretion

Only it wasn't one indiscretion. She came back a day later looking fucked hard and put up wet, with a smug attitude in her description of the wonderful shafting she got. She also didn't apologize or even seem that concerned until she found out he was going to divorce her. THEN she started getting worried but STILL had the audacity to sputter that she just wanted some time to 'work out her feelings', ie fuck Frenchie some more before coming back home to if things didn't work out.

If you are a simple minded enough motherfucker to consider that 'just an indiscretion, then you might as well start getting yourself fit for a cuck cock cage.

Passing_Quietly_ThroughPassing_Quietly_Throughover 5 years ago

We both found jobs easily, she as a third grade teacher and me as an accountant.

.....We've done quite well since I left the engineering field and she quit the police force to form the company. So what was he an engineer or an accountant?

And to Anonymous comment 1/16/19.... forgiveness does not mean that you have to take back the individual that you are forgiving. Forgive: : to cease to feel resentment against (an offender) : pardon forgive one's enemies

2a : to give up resentment of or claim to requital (see requital sense 1) for forgive an insult

"Greg" has amply shown his forgiveness to her by his very actions of civility and interactions. Just because a story does not have your ideals, does not mean that it was not well written. "Real" life does not happen in the extremes of RAAC or BTB. Hooked1957 has managed to show a credible slice of life. While the character development is weak and some editing mistakes are evident, this was still a good effort over all. Thank you Hooked1957 for submitting in one of the toughest categories.

HikingThruHikingThruover 5 years ago
One indiscretion?

She left her hubby at a party in front of friends, stayed over night, bragged how good sex was, and expected hubby to support her fantastic sexual affair? That's not a drunken one-off mistake with measurable guilt and remorse for her actions. That's Martian Slut Ray insanity with a French accent. As to the story as written, I would have liked some coverage on why it was NOT a Martian Slut Ray. Something missing, hormones, some (albeit stupid) reason for this. I believe in immediate attractions, but also think most people have a conscious and know right from wrong. Why did Traci think this was right, and why she'd expect hubby to accept it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Anon below me is a fucking moron.

eworceworcover 5 years ago
Consistency

Nice story - well written except for one inconsistency that I noticed. Your protagonist starts out as an accountant but ends up an engineer without an explanation in the story for his professional transition.

imhaplessimhaplessover 5 years ago
Apparently the last anonymous comment is by someone who is brain dead

Your main character was MUCH more charitable to his ex than almost any man I know would have been. Me personally, I wouldn't have said another sentence to her that did not include "cheating cunt" in it, and Charles would have had more than a broken arm. 5* just to counter the 1* from the last guy (at least at the time that I wrote this).

Broadway12Broadway12over 5 years ago
Excellent!

If I was ever in that situation, I hope that I would respond the same way. 5.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Anon 1/16 One Star

Agreed. So what's your wife's cell number?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Profession?

At the beginning of the story the MC was an accountant, but at the end of the story he says that he is leaving engineering? What did I miss?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

the bitch got what she deserved lmao good story hope you have more to come

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good reads are so rare these days

I've been very frustrated and disappointed with the offerings on LE lately, LW in particular. The rating system is a great help. But the stories rated in the high 3's and any 4's are few and far between. Thanks for a good, traditional read on this one.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Troy and Marilyn

I'm a little surprised that their marriage is apparently over (it wasn't really stated explicitly, though Scott seemed to think so!). If Charles' seduction of Traci is any indication,. the arm around Marilyn is only Step One. nothing has actually happened yet. My only argument against my own thought, is that after what happened to Greg and Traci, that Marilyn should have slapped Charles into next week, if she had no bad intent.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
To those referring to "The last anonymous comment"

Now that we have the dreaded 'moderation', what was "the last" anonymous comment could be five or ten comments away. Comments are now only updated only a few times in a 24 hour period in big batches. You need to be more precise in identifying your anonymice.

Lue

KingBandorKingBandorover 5 years ago
Should have been in Mind Control not Loving Wives

Well written and entertaining, but...

Let me make sure I understand.

Traci loves her husband of 25 years. She is at a party at a neighbors house. A slick asshole is flirting with her. Hubby catches him and makes it clear he doesnt approve. Traci defends asshole, then LEAVES the party with said asshole and fucks him non-stop for 18 hours. She doesn't feel an ounce of fear, shame, regret or concern. She comes home and brags to her husband about how amazing the sex was and tells her husband she is "in love" with the asshole.

AND she is surprised her husband wants a divorce and thinks the husband should just accept her new lover??? I almost wrote forgive, but traci didn't want forgiveness. Forgiveness means she did something wrong. She didn't think she was wrong. She wanted him to accept the affair and stay married while she loved and fucked another man.

She made no attempt to hide her cheating. She felt no guilt.

That is so unbelievable that it completely ruined the story for me.

Then Wendy... who saw everything that happened does the same thing??? And Marilyn almost did. Hell, Wendy saw Chalres trying to move on to Marilyn and she let him knock her up anyway.

These women were 45 and 48. Having a baby at that age is VERY risky. Having to raise the baby for 18 years at the point in your life when you are finally kid free is NOT something any same woman would deliberately choose to do with a known philanderer!

The portrayal of the MC is just as bad. I never felt he really cared that his wife did this. Where was his reaction? His anger? his anything? La la la la my wife is a cheating slut. Ok, I'll be out of the house by the end of the week. I didnt need him to be a BTB-obsessed scorned hobby, but he comes across as just not really caring. Nobody seemed to care. As a reader, I didnt eiter.

This is ridiculously stupid. I could see a guy like that seducing them to cheat, but not so overtly... in the face... real people are not this vapid. The premise is so unbelievable that it was comical.

The villain of the story was a magical controller of women's minds. I would have believed it and enjoyed it more as a fantasy in Mind Control. It would have made sense and explained the unrealistic behavior of all the women.

KB

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
I've Had The Thunderbolt Thing

When I was 21 years old and in college this girl I was dating and I were madly in love, but it was the last throes of the relationship as I didn't want to be tied down to anyone at that age, no matter how much I loved her. Anyway, towards the very end of the relationship we went to a Carribean island for vacation and there was this woman staying at our resort, I'm guessing mid-20's, who was the most gorgeous creature I've ever seen. She made Monica Bellucci (my all time favorite) seem like an 8 to her 10. She is still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and I lived all my life around Los Angeles where you see 8's, 9's and 10's on a daily basis.

Anyway, this woman was there with her husband (a really good looking man, obviously very successful) and they were from a South American country. One of the vacation days my girlfriend and I decided to go scuba diving and while on the boat that was to take us out, this couple sat right next to me on the boat. So my gf was to my left, husband to my right and the amazing woman to the right of him, all of us sitting next to one another bench seating style. Prior to this and ever since this event I've always been careful not to get involved with any married woman, or even with a woman with a steady boyfriend. But this one particular woman I was drawn to her like a magnet and I didn't care if she was married, that my gf was there, and I wouldn't have cared if there was a nuclear bomb going off.

So I started talking to her completely staring at her. She was staring back at me, tried to respond, but she didn't speak any english (lol). So staring at her I would ask her questions, her husband (sitting in between us but not in the way as both she and I were leaning forward looking at one another) would translate for her or respond if it was something general (like where they were from) and she would respond back and he would translate back to me. The guy was really a cool guy and my gf and I were an attractive couple and I guess also he was interested in us knowing we were from Los Angeles, etc. He also must have also been used to the attention his wife drew. My gf at that time was really attractive and she drew attention all the time and I didn't go nutso when guys did that and I actually found it funny, so I guess he was reacting the same way. Most likely saw me as a 20 year old infatuated college kid to his late 20's successful, experienced man of the world.

But even if the relationship with that gf wasn't ending and I was married to her, and I was crazy in love with her (first love), honestly I don't know if I could have helped myself with that other woman. I guess it was "Thunderbolt". I literally would have married that woman that day, not caring that we couldn't communicate and that I didn't know anything else about her. And yes I was breaking up with that gf I was so in love with because I felt I was too young to get married which is what she wanted. I've dated a lot of women, and many of them very attractive, but I've never had that ever again to that degree of immediate overwhelming infatuation. But then she was by far the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in real life, on tv, in movies, anywhere. It didn't hurt also that she had the most amazing body and laying by the pool of the resort everyday she was wearing the tiniest gstrings, with a bikini tops that were tiny triangles that barely covered her nipples.

In other relationships I was in, including being married and long term gf's, I've had situations where I was very attracted to another woman, and even when those women showed interest, I didn't pursue the other woman because I didn't want to hurt the woman I was with (even when I thought I wanted out of the relationship I was in). But that one woman I would have betrayed the world for. Luckily I was not a spy with sensitive information, because yes I would have betrayed my country.

The thing is let's say I ended up with that dream girl (say she wasn't married or whatever) and a couple of years in after getting to know her I realized she wasn't right for me and I had left a relationship that was great for her, I wouldn't have looked back with regret. I've taken a lot of risks in my life both personal and business, and one thing I've never really done, even when the new venture failed, is looked back with regret. In life you take chances, sometimes you go for something you NEED to go for, take responsibility for your actions and then move on.

On another point from the story I had a gf once who had started dating another man when we were on a casual basis ask me why I wasn't fighting for her (I think a big part of it was she was trying to get me jealous worrying about losing her so that I would commit to her). But her putting me in that situation was a total turnoff and in no way got my competitive juices going. My response to her was, "fight for you, I don't want to be with you again, what the hell am I fighting for?" So I'm not surprised the wife in the story would ask that. Women seem to like the idea of their man fighting for them. Maybe for some men that gets them going, but for me it's a huge turnoff.

The story was very good, one thing missing was that he said he was so in love with his wife, yet there is no emotional turmoil when she does what she did or when she leaves. I could totally understand his actions, his response, and his wanting to end things, but not his seeming lack of emotion about the whole thing.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
But my dear KB

Your Majesty, have you followed the comments elicited by the average Mind Control story? Boring. No other category has a commentariat that gets so involved as does the Loving Wives category.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You need a better editor

On page 1 of the story, the protagonist says he's an accountant. On page 3, he's a software engineer. Which is it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story, thanks.

I enjoyed the story. Don't know if there is after publishing editing but in the 1st page, 4th paragraph our protagonist is an "accountant for a pretty big national corp." And at the conclusion of the story he is "leaving the engineering field" to form a computer security company.

Possibly an error or our hero is a true renaissance man. Regardless, good story, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm amused by some of the other commenters

Seems many don't believe how shallow women can be. Statistics show women rate the majority of men as below average. The Charles character was stated to be very good looking. I mean, how do you think Canada got that useless Trudeau as prime minister? It was women voting with their pussies and not their brain. A 40-something woman getting hit on by a really attractive man? Huge ego boost and women are like putty when their ego is stroked. I think this story is a good commentary on the state of women because of modern feminism. They think they're entitled to a man's resources and entitled to a hot f-buddy (if their provider is not "hot").

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Oh, no...

Not again, Wobbles. How many times have you been told not to let others play with your toys? I know you can't be expected to identify fruity fake accents and such, they're pretty much an Earth thing, but you know what happens when a human gets hold of that thing. Can't you please take it home and lock it up somewhere? Every husband in LW will thank you. Well, most of them will. Um, some of them?

H57: Enjoyed the story; well written.

GeorgeAnderson. submitted anonymously because security code box is 4 characters and security code is 6.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Late Thought

"he didn't do anything out of line, so I just left his hand where it was." - Um, his hand being there WAS out of line, and SHE was out of line, both allowing it, and then defending it. Even putting the best possible spin on it (if you can find one!), the fact that she soon thereafter ran off with him shows that Greg's view of the situation was spot on.

cpetecpeteover 5 years ago

If you love something let it go. if it comes back-let it go again because nobody else wanted it either...

schulz777schulz777over 5 years ago
sorry Hocked

you've had better storries.

This one doesn't make much sense. No explanation why ppl would behave that way.

2 starrs

GuentharGuentharover 5 years ago
Cyclones

I dated an Iowa State coed in the 80's. She had the same sense of entitlement. Glad I married a Hawkeye!

York1234York1234over 5 years ago
good story

Good story, well written but in "my world" that Charles would have found that going around married women - and not only one - is a very dangerous game to play and you can finish losing your balls.....

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
@ Lue

Lue - I think that the offending anonymous comment was this one;

The Title - "One Star"

Part of the comment - "Didn't like it. Can't abide someone that can't forgive another for being human. We all make rash decisions at times. As if our hero never made any mistakes! I believe in both forgiveness and not throwing away 25 years for one indiscretion. And any story that appeals to the rigid standards of the Morality Police is not going to get more than one star from me."

The one indiscretion that needs to be forgiven got to me as well as some others.

As far as the seducer's power over multiple women right out in the open in a fairly tight community well, SciFi might be a better place for that to seem real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More

Very good. There is an opportunity for you to exploit the whore wife, to get inside her head in a sequel. Find out what makes her tick, what made her trash a 25 year marriage, and how she's dealing with the consequences.

Although I enjoyed your STORY, I always find it so incredibly hard to believe that for this type of betrayal to occur without there not being a problem with the marriage in the first place is simply not possible. There had to be a crack somewhere in the marriage. I just don't see a slip like this after 25 years of a solid marriage.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
"So this is about your bruised male ego?"

This has become a trigger point for me. Every time I read it in a story, I instantly hate the woman who says it. Invariably, the relationship at that point is entirely one sided and the person saying it is too condescending to warrant a further relationship.

So, good story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Temporary insanity with permanent results

New spin on the swept off her feet story. Sad, but the whole story requires a suspension of disbelief. Married women at this stage in life, with good relationships don't rush off like this. Then having all the other women around follow her!

It was well written and entertaining, but way too crazy a premise.

ValintValintover 5 years ago
Thoughts

I always have mixed feelings about stories like this.

On the one hand, (a) yeah, the entire "I'm going to take a vacation from the marriage to have an affair, and then I'll come back and we can make our marriage great again!" is obviously insane nonsense, but on the other, (b) his wife didn't wake up this stupid or with those morals just that morning.

It's almost hard to mourn a marriage that's so superficial and shallow that he's spent 25 years with and raised a kid with (who the two of them would have been imparting their moral beliefs to) someone, with such an utter lack of understanding of who he married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks!

Despite what some have commented, this is a great story and fits well within the LW category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sort of ok

As others have said, the plot stretched things a little. It was enjoyable nonetheless, except for the bit where he gave her a lift to the hospital. Not in my lifetime.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
The guy cut a swath rhrough the gals!

Wendy truly was a surprise since she was all ready warned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Charles have a magic wand for a cock or something?

Married women are over him and want to have his baby! That's seriously living the dream.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
A perfectly valid question

"Did you ever really love me as much as you said you did?" she began softly. "Because if you did, then how come you didn't fight for me, like Troy did for Marilyn. How come you never asked me to come back, like someone who truly loved me would have?"

If Greg really loved Traci as much as he said he did, why didn't he try to win her back from Charles? It was stated that, even after their daughter had left for college, they were "still going at it with gusto three or four times a week." The math says that, at 3.5 times a week, for 25 years, they had been going at it with gusto 4,550 times.

But Charles fucked her maybe four times, and Greg was completely out of love with his wife. There was no concern expressed about how she fell for Charles, no questions asked, she just did, and that was it, it was over, done with, finis. "As far as I'm concerned, we were done when you fucked him the first time yesterday. Fucking him multiple times since then just adds to my resolve."

"So this is about your bruised male ego?" Traci said, and she was right. He had already said, "And then, just to rub it in, you have his kid at 48. I couldn't get you to agree to a second child in 25 years, but not only do you spread 'em easy for Mr. Wonderful, but then you let him knock you up." That isn't about lost love; that's concern about himself, and an accusation that she got pregnant "just to rub it in," which was followed by "No, what you did once you were his was your choice. You apparently loved him enough to want to have his baby, even if you never wanted another with me. Trust me, I got the message."

These are obviously fictional characters, and we know nothing more about them other than what Mr 1957 wrote, but whether he so intended or not, this was a story exactly about what Traci said, Greg's wounded male pride.

Traci had, just as Greg had said, been hit with the same type of thunderbolt that he had been 25 years earlier. I guess that's what the Martian Slut Raygun does, and we discover that Charles uses it again on another married lady. But Greg just surrendered to it, he didn't fight at all, and the only real reason given was that his feelings were hurt.

There are a lot of stories like this in LW, where, after years and years of supposedly good sex and a great marriage, a one-time fall from grace simply ends the marriage, no questions asked. There are no attempts made to try to save the marriage, no attempts made to try to win back the wayward wife, nothing but divorce, right away, right now. It's simply that Mr 1957 put it in a bit more stark terms, wrote it almost entirely about Greg's hurt feelings. There was no agonizing about how to win Traci back, no how can I regain what I've lost -- other, of course, than the obligatory younger, hotter replacement -- nothing at all to indicate that Greg really loved his wife in the first place.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 5 years agoAuthor
Apology for the job switch

i will only apologize for the job switch at the end. Got too many partial stories working.

I've enjoyed most of the comments, even the negative ones. Liked the sarcastic one, HDK.

Some of you read way too much into my stuff.

Hooked

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
@Luedon

When I reference an Anon’s comment, I include a cogent part of the title of that comment.

P.S. I thought this was a wonderful (if not unique) treatment of the ‘love you, but no longer In Love’ genre. Hubby had a lot of hours to reconcile Sweetie’s most likely actions, aided by her selfish/thoughtless explanation of her discovering ‘True Lust!’

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It really was realistic

Saw a situation like this several times. Three pretty close up. One had a reconciliation (after a wife’s lesbian affair). Two led to marriages of the heterosexual adulterers. One of those may have worked out OK. The other was disastrous marriage for woman, whose husband was abusive, had multiple affairs, and effectively kicked her out after 25 years.

.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another

Another great story from Hooked1957. It's been really slim pickings in LW for a while, so this was a welcome surprise. In fact the only surprise in the story is Sharlssss leaving the story alive. Comments were pretty consistent in favoring this story. Good old "Anon One Star" is obviously SwingerJoe in disguise. This wife's one indiscretion is one you don't recover from. Even Lue would probably admit that.

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLover 5 years ago
Why did you bother to write this trash?

Completely unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I know a lot of readers find this one hard to believe,

but there a lot of crazy people in this world, so anything is possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I completely agree with King B's comment

The King's comments are almost as entertaining as his stories. Making these wives so stupid detracts from the story.

reasonable man

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You're right, Luedon, the moderation causes issues with replies to comments. I was referring to the "one star/one indescretion" anon......who sounds suspiciously like Timriv.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
oops

Good story right up to the point where "Greg" the accountant left engineering to start a security firm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It happens...

... and the consequences are predictable. She got the fucking she suddenly craved, and the thrill came at a high price. Divorce was the best option.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
No, No, cpete

The parody version says:

"If you love something, set it free

If it's yours, it will come back to you

If it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it."

BTB anyone?

Lue

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Moronic nationalistic attacks on others demean everything writer does

The whole story starts with a cliche of a Frenchman (I guess this is more "despicable" than a "Latin lover") and of course, it has to go immediately on a chauvinistic garbage about French people. Then the story lightly touches Irish which just indicates the author is very fixated on his nationalistic stereotypes.

"He is probably sleeping with half of his students both male and female". Sure, it just goes to show how little you, Hooked1957, know about academia. You think professors would risk their careers for trysts with students? And that would not eventually be a scandal for a department like nobody would know and no student would complain?

But then again, as utterly devoid of any sense of garbage the author writes, this is what follows:

"Once I turn down the Irish pub, most guys immediately go to Asian. I'm sorry, but I'm not a big fan of food that looks like it could be a haven for cockroaches."

Sure man, Hooked1957, you have a lot of class in your writing for a sexagenarian.

Apparently only a cliche redneck writer (I can play that game) would come up with a superb female cop immediately falling for his hero on a rebound. And as a cliche would have it, the wife is immediately sad and remorseful for losing such a superman, no doubt a spitted image of Hooked1957.

I know there will be a lot of 5 stars for this garbage of cliche writing since apparently most of readers on LW will "hooray" for something they want like the drug/alcohol addicts. Nevertheless, this is still a garbage writing. 1 star from me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous 01/16/18 Re: "I'm amused by some of the other commenters"

"Huge ego boost and women are like putty when their ego is stroked" - Exactly my point when the women complain about their husbands' "poor bruised ego"! As if THEIR egos had nothing to do with the situation.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous