All Comments on 'The Tick Bites Again'

by juanwildone

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
fregenfregenalmost 19 years ago
Equity?

No. I don't think so. Cathy has a long term affair with her boss. She has passionate sex with him leaving the plain vanilla sex for her husband, the man she supposedly loves. She doesn't end the affair, her lover does after his wife catches him. And the husband is supposed to deal with this in a few days and get over it? I don't think so.

Diane's assertions that they 'won' ring hollow. She equates an one time impersonal 'fuck' with a affair that lasted months? Months of cheating and lying with (on his part) an unlooked for - and really unwanted - screw. The level of emotional involvement (none on his part, great on her part)is hugely different. If she had stopped after the drunken party seduction the slip would have been pardonable. After that point it was very much intentional.

Diane also asserts that Cathy is "a good wife" and is carrying around "a tremendous amount of guilt". That is was Diane's and Cathy's husbands fault that their spouses cheated. Really? What did her husband say to Cathy when she talked to him and explained she wasn't getting what she needed in the marriage? Oh, that's right - she didn't. She just had an affair. Did all that guilt cause her to confess to her husband about the affair? No. Obviously the affair would still be continuing if Diane had not intervened. Hardly the actions of "a good wife". His sex life improved only after he felt guilty for screwing Diane *and* Cathy's affair ended. It improved by default. She did not chose him, she just had no where else to go for sex.

I find his really rapid forgiveness of her to be unrealistic. Diane's rather blaise statements that everything is okay now are rather insenstive. Diane had months to come to grips with the situation. She had time to plan her revenge. Whether or not revenge is good or bad in her mind it evened out the hurt she was feeling. She was then able to deal with the hurt and move on. The husband never took revenge. And he only had a few days to come to grips with the reality that Cathy was not a faithful wife. At the second Christmas party he is astounded. He cannot believe it. The foundations of his world are shattered.

And three days later he is over it? Without her ever even saying she is sorry? Sorry, Juan - uh uh. Maybe she was and still is happy she had an affair. Maybe she is looking for someone else right now. Maybe she has found someone else already. His blanket forgiveness of her without any knowledge of her state of mind just does not ring true.

Great writing. Have to give you a hit on the reality meter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
it is funny how writer protect the wife

she was a whore for eight months.and hubby fucks one time and make him act like a whip dog.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
this one was hard to

swallow, no pun intended. A single birthday blow job, after literally having to beg for it, during the whole time she was having an affair. She only turned on to him after her lover dumped her. I would have to wonder when the next party and lover were going to appear. No problem though, he’ll know it for sure when she cuts him off again. Think she wouldn’t, she’s still lying to him and living a lie daily by not telling him the truth. So if she will continue to lie, she’s not trustworthy. A fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
a brilliant story

Partly it was great because I didn't see Cathy's affair coming at all, so that was a devastating surprise.

I agree with some of what the others have said: while Diane knew about the affair, was devastated by it, planned and carried out her revenge, and THEN worked it through with her husband, our hero learned about Cathy's 8 months of cheating only LONG AFTER THE FACT. And his one quick fuck with Diane can't be called revenge--it was just a bewildering sexual encounter whose meaning he didn't understand.

It's understandable that Diane is now able to put this behind her; but how can the narrator do that? How can he not want revenge on Henry, and some way of getting back at his wife Cathy? What she did to him for 8 months is horrible; and, as others have said, if not for Diane's discovering the affair there's no reason to believe it would have ended.

So the story left me, at least, feeling a lot of powerful, unresolved feelings. I'd love to see a sequel, but I don't know if juanwildone wants to go that way.

In any case, a great story. I admire your work very much.

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
i agree she was a whore for eight months

there go the trust and respect two inportant parts of a marriage.you are forcing us to except this whore,because the other wife want to save her marriage.lying and cheating is worst betrayal a spouse can do to another.kick her ass out or some kind of consequences.

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Very well done, but......

I'm sorry I missed this the first time around. I really admire the author's talent and this was certainly well written and well plotted, from beginning to end. I enjoyed it and will make it a point to look for more submissions by Juan. Now the but; I tend to agree with some of the readers who have commented - she was unfaithful to him for over half a year, meeting with her lover countless times. This should have provoked much more anguish in the husband, the trust was broken, not by a drunken, one-time encounter, but again and again. This should have caused much more of an emotional confrontation, more angst should have been demonstrated. Then again, it's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I would have liked to heard the rest

of their conversation!

Well written and quite interesting.

Regards, DJ

shangoshangoover 17 years ago
Stay away from "Moral equivalency" stories

You're no good at it. This story read like a comic book.

Risq_001Risq_001over 15 years ago
I just read this story today and ............

<p>...I totally agree with Shango</p>

<p>This wasn't a good story. No one finds out their wife (or husband for that matter) has been cheating on them for the better part of a year then goes "well that <i>one</i> time I cheated balanced the books for the <i><b>64 to 96 times</b></i> they cheated on me, while they snuck around ahd had great sex they were denying me at home when I was asking for it". And lord knows if someone said "You won because numbers don't matter and I got over on my husband with your help" wouldn't fly either. It didn't matter to Diane because "she" got the desired result. She made her husband sick after he sucked down another guys spunk. She felt fulfilled from the revenge, Cathy's husband just got a lecture. And the number does matter if your not getting any while they are cheating on you. Specially if, like I said before, they were "ASKING" for sex but being denied it because the spouse was getting great sex elsewhere. So yes a number does matter.</p>

<p>The only one who was taken advantage of in the story was Cathy's husband. Henry started a "deliberate" affair with Cathy. Cathy for 8 months carried on a "deliberate" affair with Henry. Diane "seduced" Cathy's husband then made Henry suck down his sperm, after telling Henry that she knew about his long term "deliberate affair. So Diane got revenge on Henry. But Cathy's husband was totally in the dark about this little "triangle" going on with those 3 other people. And had Diane not succeeded in seducing Cathy's husband he possibly could never had known she was cheating on him.</p>

<p>Exactly what did Cathy's husband get? A lecture on how they some how "won" because she got even with Henry, and one time of unwitting, seduced sex, equaled 8 months of his wife doing Henry 2 and 3 times a week?? Not to mention Diane tried to guilt him into saying he was partial at fault because if he was around more Cathy wouldn't have cheated, just like because she gained weight, and was no longer interested in sex, it turned Henry off from wanting her, so he was as much blame as she was? You didn't show anything "actively" he did. But for Diane you did. It was like the only reason Cathy had any morals at all was because he was available to instill them in her, otherwise she had the morals of an alley cat when he wasn't watching her.</p>

<p>Cathy's husband got used by everyone in involved. Henry used his wife, Cathy was cheating on him with her boss, and Diane used him as a form of revenge against Henry. And the only thing that Cathy's husband got was a lecture on how lucky he was to still be married to his wife, how all her cheat was "just a number" that didn't matter, and how much happier they were while he was in the dark about how much <b><i>wholesale</i></b> cheating she was doing on him.</p>

<p>Shango is right, don't do <i>Moral equivalence stories </i> you don't have the logic to get this story to fly past anyone with it. You may be a decent writer, but the average person would feel used by everyone involved and the marriage would go down hill after that, not get better because of the wife's cheating like the story suggested.</p>

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
DAMN!!!

In my opinion, this story was crap and as for the review, I agree 100% with Risq_001.

BallsOfSteelBallsOfSteelover 14 years ago
ok

I must have read too many stories on this site. The plot became obvious after Dianne's first visit. I could tell that, since she was married, she was the wife of his cheating whore Cathy's lover Henry. I'm glad you let the cuckolded husband get his revenge by fucking the shit out of his wife and then.... In my imagination, he brought the box of tissues because he planned on breaking Cathy's heart that night by telling her first about fucking Dianne. Then if Cathy didn't confess, he'd hit her with his knowledge about her cheating. Good ending, though it's still a lose-lose of a situation. The affair never ran its course. It only ended because Dianne confronted Henry. There was a quid-pro-quo from the cheating that lead to Cathy's promotion. Cathy deserves a world of pain for what she did. Maybe you can't balance the books on this one but Cathy needs to pay and repent for her sins.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
2 women in his life...

a psycho and a slut, guy must be a real loser - other man got 1 creampie, this guy got 8 months worth, good deal

1950oldracer1950oldracerabout 13 years ago
Oh well

Oh well what a life we lead, "Anonymous" what is wrong with this, lots of people have come through this, maybe not quite lie this, but near........

saratusaratuabout 12 years ago

This story doesn't come close to being a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
you dont keep trash you throw it away

she cheated, drunk or not she knew what she was doing and she cheated, not once but over and over. nothing justifies that, nothing forgives that, nothing excuses that. A revenge fuck doesnt erase what the wife did to herself (making herself an office whore), her husband, or her marriage. He needs a divorce and to sue the other man for alienation of affection and if the woman really loved him she would file sexual harassment charges at work on the other adulterer.

green117green117almost 12 years ago
misreading the dialog.

This one was not about revenge... and so "won" in this case does not mean equivalent adultery, but rather who ends up with who - Diane said they "won" because they got their spouses back.

You may, and many here no doubt will, have trouble with the idea of taking a spouse back after an affair as a "win", but that is more your state of affairs than the intent of the story.

...just so that the comments have a little more contact with reality...

I also suspect the "affair" between Diane and the protagonist was to suggest that with the proper situation, no one is pure... and so grease the skids for the reconciliation. The visual of Howards' creampie was to satisfy the desire for revenge, I expect.

YMMV

Greensomething

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
What's wrong with a little unbelievability ?

A fun fantasy and good read.

Now some commentators would call for a sequel – but I don't think any sequel could match the style and tone.

To those who were looking for more deep meanings; Come on guys, it was just a bit of kerfluffle.

Thanks for the story, Juan.

calflashcalflashover 9 years ago
story

The loss of a child (esp with no chance of having another) is certainly devastating to the wife but also the husband. Her not telling Dan to "protect" him was more to protect her and cover her affair. I don't get her rage at Dan in not giving her a chance to talk - she did the same or worst. A "law abiding" citizen who suddenly robs a bank is still guilty of a crime - poor analogy on the part of the shrink I doubt lawsuits could have proceeded without revealing the details. Perhaps a case for sealed evidence could be made.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Actually a pretty good example of mediocre marriages, and office power.

Henry seduced an employee. Cathy succumbed to the seduction because she got drunk, then continued because she enjoyed it. The justification for Cathy was her husband's work schedule. The justification for Henry was his wife was fat. And you wonder why so many marriages end in divorce? This is why. They are built on mutual selfishness. If I get what I want then I'll give you what you want. If I don't, I'll go get it somewhere else.

The sequel is how both marriages end in divorce. When Cathy is confronted with her adultery she will blame it on his her drunkenness, Henry's position as her boss, her drunkenness at the party, her mid-life crisis, etc. And she will throw back his fling with Dianne. Henry will find out it was his cum Dianne dripped into his mouth, and he will want revenge, using Cathy to drip Henry's cum into her husband's mouth. That's the office power coming forward. Henry will have to admit, and Dianne have to accept, that Henry is a cheating asshole who used his influence and power to seduce Cathy and kepted fucking her until he got caught. Otherwise he would still be fucking her. Cathy will have to admit that she quit fucking Henry because he quit fucking her, and then her husband was more available, so, that made up for the lack of sex with Henry. One cock's as good as another to her. Over time these couples will realize just how shallow empty and false their relationships are, and they will wither and die. Or maybe just stumble along, lifeless and tedious. The end, no matter how you write it, is sad and ugly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
EXCUSES,EXCUSES!

Another stupid story championing cheating as the panacea for ALL of your marital problems! "My spouse is unavailable, unloving, lazy, doesn't buy me flowers, sometimes forgets my birthday, has a small dick, doesn't eat my cunt right, cums too fast, etc., etc., etc...... "So, I'm going to CHEAT! You cheaters and cheater-apologists are SICK! Take the high road and stay faithful and get a divorce if you must but the idea that cheating solves any thing is ludicrous! Ex....... "My boss doesn't pay me enough so I'm going to crack the safe and take a few thousand!" See how stupid that sounds? You fuckers are DISGUSTING!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago

In some ways this was our fault - yours and mine. ~ really?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
ok, it was written in 05

but that does not make any excuse for an eight month affair. some people can get passed it with a lot of counseling. Others throw the baby out with the bathwater. and others just throw the cheater out. in this event I am displeased with the length of the affair, as well as the fact that she never owned up to it. The whole get revenge sex is just wrong on so many levels. The level of disrespect is just insane. She doesn't love him, there was just no way she could have. What would she say "Sorry honey, i tripped and his dick just fell inside of me, multiple times over a period of eight months"? Sorry, but, that dog just don't hunt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
sorry

Scales need to be balanced. Numbers might not mean anything to Diane but one fuck under the circumstances it took place does not wipe out close to 100 times and 8 months.

He will end up with serial cheater same as is detailed on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 7 years ago
Second time

Her part of what is it with you guys and numbers is just bullshit. The level of disrespect on behalf of his wife is just insane. All that this was was excuse after excuse after excuse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awful 1*

Words fail....so it was the husband's fault his wife cheated and even when he paid her more attention she continued to cheat...

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
not balanced

I liked it but would have liked more and it was far from balanced.

Cathy needed some more retribution for being such a cheating cunt!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

What! No ending?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
numbers

Dumb broad actually made that comment

His getting laid once pales in regard to 8 month affair and the deceit and betrayal.

If Diane thinks that is love guess again.

Many disagree but I am firm believer in balancing the scales...he should treat Cathy the way she treated him for 8 months then let her find out about it

Then they can invite Henry and Diane over for that talk

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
besides number imbalance

She blames him for his wife's cheating.

Innovative start-disastrous ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A little far fetched with the tick but funny.

I’m really sorry you ended it leaving so many loose ends. Reading the comments below I find I’m not allowing this opinion. Please consider a part. 2

Bill S.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

Just a few thoughts, on reflection!

All critics have mentioned the gross inbalance already.

"But…she was fucking him for almost eight months. If they were together 2 to 3 times a week..."

OK, so 34 x 2 = 68; 34 x 3 = 102 - their `revenge-fuck' was one-time only, and as he was completely UNAWARE that it WAS such, he had no chance to bask in the glow of this massive, heady, 1% retribution nor revel in the remembrance of it! .

PLUS 2 or 3 times Weekly is perhaps typical for a staid married couple 35/65 year old, but a typical woman in her early/mid forties often gets prone to the twin prongs of the "empty-nest" restlessness PLUS the early menopausal hormonal flush-dumps, PLUS all the excitement of a new affair, often the first after 15/20years of monogamy, will often take an older girl back to her youth! So it could easily be 2 or 3 times a day, 5 days a week, or more, often doubling or trebling their settled middle-aged marital frequency. So on balance of the probabilities, I think that perhaps there are grounds to believe the inbalance IS prejudicial!

R.S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The ending is a copout. Us readers were robbed of Cathy trying to explain herself. Anyone care to do a rewrite? There is a lot of room for more story to be told.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I like Diane's incisiveness, decisiveness and all that, MC is a schmunk,schmuck whichever is correct. ending is disappointing. rk

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjuanwildone@juanwildone
To all the authors I've stolen from - ya caught me red-handed - at least that's all I'll admit to having in my hand. None of these stories ever occurred - except between my ears, which I should probably go and clean now.